Bring4th
What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Meta (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: Meta Forum (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? (/showthread.php?tid=11524)

Pages: 1 2

What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - JustLikeYou - 08-05-2015

I don't know of any more appropriate place to post this thread, so I'm posting it here.

The questionnaire raised some good questions, but it does not appear to have raised the questions that get to the heart of the issues that our collective responses to it have elicited. I want to see more honesty and more real talk.

I want to know what we are all doing here. I'll be happy to go first. The questions are, more properly:

1. What do you see Bring4th as being? Not as it is supposed to be, but as it is, right here and now. What is this place that we come to on occasion?

2. Why do you keep coming here?

3. What would you like to see Bring4th become?

I don't want my answer to be the loudest, so please let it all out.

-----------------------------

1. On the face of it, Bring4th is a place where New Age types go to talk about New Agey type stuff. But this is too broad a stroke to paint with. The description doesn't even account for my presence here, since I don't frequent any other New Age forum, nor would I consider myself New Age per se.

Perhaps this is a place where people who feel estranged from the world around them come so that they can speak to other outsiders. Is that what Bring4th is? Therapy? It's a noble purpose, so there's nothing wrong with B4 serving in that particular way. But why the inclusion of the Ra Material? Perhaps B4 is therapy for outsiders who are uniquely drawn to confederation philosophy. So be it, but why the study of the text, then? Perhaps studying the text is therapeutic. We get to have disagreements with each other about things we care about and then resolve all the catalyst after the explosion.

Even if this is what B4 is, I still wonder why we are here. Or, more accurately, I wonder where it is we are going after we are done here. The goal of therapy is to eventually not need it anymore. Is that why old members typically leave? If so, where do they go? And will we all go to that place?

In my mind, what study we do here is a side-show. If we were serious about it, we'd be more rigorous. Heaven knows I'd love to see that, but maybe B4 just isn't the place for it. One of the reasons I'm returning to academia is because I crave a rigor that I have never found outside of it.

2. That brings me to my next point: why do I keep coming here? First and foremost, I am attached to the forum because I am responsible for the archetypes sub-forum, such as it is. I'm grateful my responsibilities have been small, with the exception of the A1 situation a while back.

So I'm not very invested. I sometimes browse topics in Strictly and post when I think I can contribute, but by and large, I feel like the activities here don't pertain very much to me. I once felt like an outsider, for sure. I also once needed to talk a lot about the Ra Material. Those days have passed, though. I feel like I've integrated the philosophy and am growing more and more able to integrate also into the larger world. If B4 is a place for therapy between Wanderers, then it has served its purpose for me. And I think that's a shame. I would love to fill my life with persons who are committed to the confederation philosophy, but I won't fill my life with a therapy I no longer need.

Besides my responsibility to the forum, I come back because I hope.

3. We have something important here and we all know it. The Ra Material is a powerful tool for organizing one's internal resources to become more and more precisely oriented toward the New Earth, or 4D, or the New Age, or whatever you want to call it. History is leading us inexorably toward the principles outlined in this text. We who are dedicated to an STO way of life, who consciously polarize by using the tools Ra gave us, we are forerunners of this New Earth. We are to be lighthouses, as someone else indicated in a different thread.

And yet, as Ra says, those who together seek will far more surely find. Do we together seek? If my description of this forum is accurate (maybe it isn't), we together seek in each other solace and growth, so that we may eventually blossom into the world around us, the real world where people don't talk about 6D aliens.

But is this all we seek? It is not all I seek. I keep coming back to Bring4th because I hold out hope that we will one day find in ourselves the will and courage, the faith and fortitude to commit to this community and to make it more than just therapy for outcasts. I don't want to give up that hope, but I can't commit to something that isn't going where I'm going.

What could we become?

What if we sought more than just acceptance and interpersonal catalyst? What if, upon finding our maturity, we stopped leaving the forum and instead actually developed a new mission? Can we not band together to engage in some form of collective action? Even Anonymous seems to have a purpose, so why don't we?

What I hope to one day find in Bring4th is what other members have hinted at, though often naively: the beginnings of a social memory complex. Ra tells us this is possible in 3D, so why not try? Back in the day, L/L Research was a research organization. The name meant something. I don't know of any research that we (and we here are all part of L/L, btw) do. To me, making a real attempt to form a conscious collective mind capable of rising to service in the world is, in tandem with the archetypes, the next frontier for potential discovery in this organization.

If we---of all people---cannot come together for a greater purpose than to escape the real world, then what is the Ra Material for? What good is it?

I don't mean to assert that B4 has to become something it is not, but I do mean to assert that we are missing out on something beautiful because our most mature members consistently find that they no longer need what B4 offers.

So what do you think? What are your answers?

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Elros - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 06:27 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote:  1. What do you see Bring4th as being? Not as it is supposed to be, but as it is, right here and now. What is this place that we come to on occasion?

A place of individual and collective growth as well as an awakening platform. I came to this forum knowing very little about myself and this place did a wonders on me, before coming to this forum I've never had any interest in New Age stuff and was close minded to quite a lot of things.

A meeting point for souls and social/memory/complexes that would not interact unveiled for reasons which we are mostly unaware of and deep rooted feelings.

A place for lightworkers to awaken to their soul mission which can then be extended in their real life experience. (what I am glad for myself.)

Quote:2. Why do you keep coming here?

It helps me to grow in Love greatly, also helps at reawakening inner Wisdom that is forgotten.

I love the community and am a Gemini that loves to talk, never had been into forums so much before this one.

Quote:3. What would you like to see Bring4th become?

A place of growth of which the fruits will transcend this lifetime and planet.

The greatest mirroring platform of the Creator of Himself. (big dreams)

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - JustLikeYou - 08-06-2015

Would you elaborate on your answer to question 3?

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Elros - 08-06-2015

(08-06-2015, 12:18 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote:  Would you elaborate on your answer to question 3?

One of my main problem with a focus of wisdom is that it seems to be more about uncovering knowledge that is inherently known beyond the veil. Not that it is not important, it is somewhat crucial to in the process of remembering who we are and working efficiently in this density.

On the other hand a focus on Love has the potential to create a lot of change within the soul even in a veiled environment. 3D is a density where polarities meet so I do think it is very purposeful in understanding/loving what our unveiled selves had much resistance in doing so. As such it can bear fruits. making this veiled experience more worthwhile.

The mirroring platform is how I view this entire Universe. What I meant about this forum is the somewhat unique blend of different backgrounds of each soul. I think of 3D as a meeting point in-between social/memory/complexes and b4th is a strong area for that with a very unique spiritual gravity of itself. I do think it opens the window to much more than what is apparent.

I view any kind of friction between members has potential for growth, either as soul work or ego work.

Anyway.. these are my thoughts on the matter.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Nicholas - 08-06-2015

(08-05-2015, 06:27 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote:  1. What do you see Bring4th as being? Not as it is supposed to be, but as it is, right here and now. What is this place that we come to on occasion?

Communion

(08-05-2015, 06:27 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote:  2. Why do you keep coming here?

To commune mostly. (and hope for a thread relating to actual study of the LoO) This quote from 'ronontheoceon' in Account1s thread probably most accurately describes my motive. "The Law of One comes easy for me, and beyond that, I just waste my time."
(you actually liked that post yourself, http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=9929&pid=163674#pid163674)

(08-05-2015, 06:27 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote:  3. What would you like to see Bring4th become?

In part, precisely what you also aspire it to become. Don, Carla and Jim dug deep and laid out the foundations, their life's work laid bare. Our moderator friends are tasked with building the plinth upon which a stable temple may rest upon.

As long as it stays inclusive in the immediate future, all is well in my eyes.

I will give this thread some further thought tomorrow.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Bring4th_Plenum - 08-07-2015

I can only find myself answering question 2) with any sense of authenticity.

My main use of Bring4th (aside from my moderator duties) is as a deliberate tool to antagonise myself.

That is, when I can't get a handle on catalyst, I came here, and usually find a reply or post that irritates, annoys, angers, upsets, dispirits or undermines me.  It's the perfect mirror or representation of a statement that demonstrates an unloving attitude towards oneself.

That being a more concrete expression of my own issue, I can then have something to target my self-analysis on.

So very much so, I use this place as a form of therapy.  But less through expressed means, and more (usually) as a mirroring tool, as also mentioned above.

There are very very few posts that are expressions of unity.  We are literally not vibrating at that level of beingness; and so any statements that are not pointing to what Ra pointed to (that is, expressions of direct knowingness of the Law of One) are distortions of division, and usually contain seeds of unlovingness.  When we find outselves being triggered by other people's postings, it's only because we are internally resonating with that division inside ourselves - it represents unwhole aspects in ourselves.

The approval/disapproval mechanism is absolutely rife in human consciousness, and has to be consciously made aware of.

"Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself."

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Sabou - 08-07-2015

I am also having a bit of trouble with question 1 & 3, but I can answer question 2 for now:

I come her because I see myself in all of you, and all of you in me. Reading threads feels like I am reading my own thoughts so often. I don't see being here as therapeutic as much as I see it like a fly is attractive to poop, it is natural. To me it is simple, yet I appreciate the complexities and intricacies that occur here. I tend to integrate these more convoluted aspects through an observer standpoint, and come to realizations based upon each individual's nuances that bring light to aspects of myself that need to be looked at. I come here because of the capacity and the degree of reason and rationality imbued with genuiness that is demonstrated, which is very important to me. I would enjoy being more active in the specific Law of One threads, but others will have said what I was thinking already, just better than I would have said it. That may be because I am learning to express myself in a more concise way, which is another reason I come here. I look up to many here because of the way they can express themselves and their ability to have everyone understand exactly what they mean.

Remembering the Law of One was the greatest thing that has happened to me in this life, so it only makes sense that I am here with others who feel the same

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - JustLikeYou - 08-08-2015

I asked questions 1 and 3 because no one and everyone speaks for the group. We need to get clear about what we are and where we are going. You don't have to know the "correct" answer to these questions, but surely you have a perspective on it. No matter what your perspective is, it has value to me as a member of this community who wants to know what the community as a group thinks of itself.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Sabou - 08-08-2015

retracted

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - outerheaven - 08-08-2015

1. What do you see Bring4th as being? Not as it is supposed to be, but as it is, right here and now. What is this place that we come to on occasion?

Real simple: a place for those who have discovered the Law of One and want to talk about it in more detail with other people who have discovered it.

That includes rigorous study, yes, but it also includes regular conversation and playful banter.

I found the LoO all on my own. I didn't have anyone to discuss the material with besides my partner -- who found it interesting, but hasn't read it. Everyone else in my "real life" was extremely disinterested or skeptical of it.

The LoO absolutely needs a place for seekers who are just beginning their journey to wade their feet and acclimate to the water. It is a service to the souls that find the LoO that there exists a welcoming, open community where they can share their experiences and ideas.

Imagine finding the LoO and having no one, no community, to bounce ideas off of? How distorted one could easily become?

That's the service I see this forum fulfilling.

Habit. But I find myself less and less interested in returning as my scope grows beyond the LoO. I like the people here but the cycles are beginning to become obvious and aren't serving my seeking any longer.

And I'm not complaining, nor am I saying the forum should be anything different -- I think it's fine. It has served its purpose for me. But in partaking in the discussions here, I see more what resonates and what doesn't, and where I can do more work to serve.

More or less what it already is.

If people feel like they can't have in-depth studies in the "Strictly Law of One Material" sub-forum, then that forum should probably be moderated a little more 'seriously.'

I don't think there's any reason a forum can't have both serious and casual conversation.

I also think the people who have ardent expectations of what this forum should be, would probably be better off trying to start a private study group with like-minds, rather than trying to radically alter the makeup of the forum.

Just my $.02.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Monica - 08-08-2015

I don't really know the answers to your questions. I'm not here enough anymore to really say, or for my opinions to even matter. I can only say that I joined initially, thinking that it would be a place of serious study, maybe even a mystery school and a fledgling SMC.

I was naive.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Matt1 - 08-08-2015

I come here to be among other wanderers.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Bourbon Betty - 08-08-2015

Bring4th is the community founded around and after the idea of needing a new clean tier for the 4th density, or a physical location for where the Babylon 4 went off to.

This place exists as a place to savor the naivety.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Nicholas - 08-09-2015

(08-08-2015, 02:28 PM)Matt1 Wrote:  I come here to be among other wanderers.

That is precisely what I meant by "communion". I truly felt like 'a midget among giants' when I first joined Bring4th. 

I had assumed that everyone here had objectively stood back from themselves and took a long hard look when I joined. I was initially baffled when going into the chat room and soon realised that it was not strictly for studying the LoO. I assumed everyone had truly met themselves and wondered how I could relate. I was overjoyed when a member initiated a chat room study of the LoO, and some value had been gained from that involvement although it did not last long. Again I was working from a perspective that I was a newbie, overly expressive and outwardly confident, and accustomed somewhat to my dark side. Realising that my own perspective was not as widely recognised I thought "well if I cant be served, how can I serve in this environment?" Carlas energy played a huge influence here. Yet the mapping out of service falls short of what service actually means, as I have discovered. 

I was initially hoping that Bring4th would help accelerate my own learning pursuit. That my own distorted perception of the LoO could become less distorted. And it has!

Just not in the way I had assumed. 

Probably the greatest value I have taken from Bring4th comes from the member 'Mystical Wisdom' who once wrote in reply to me with, "But I do sense a Pharisaical way of thought." here

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Shemaya - 08-09-2015

Hi JustLikeYou,

Hopefully you won't mind if I don't answer your questions directly.  My brain and nervous system are a little fried from life, kundalini and everything...in recovery mode still.  So I will just express some simple thoughts.

In coming to Bring4th I sought community, understanding, support, a shift in consciousness for myself, connection to All, OIC, and other-selves.  It has been a crucible for pondering, seeking, developing consciousness/awareness, self-expression, recognizing energy and blockages, distortions, or clear energy flow in myself and All.  Here, it is easier to deal with unique catalysts since my close circle for the most part would not connect with this material at all.  It has been a place for me to examine beliefs, conditioning, emotions and interact with others that I probably would not connect with easily out in the real would.  Which I really do love about it. Also,  the work on the archetypes is helpful for my understanding which tends to be on emotional, intuitive levels rather than intellectual and also helps give perspective on my personal experiences.

I really don't identify as a wanderer per se, more earth native, but I don't know.  I have always had a hard time feeling like I "fit in" despite appearances to the contrary (for those in my life).  I am highly sensitive and can get easily overwhelmed, introverted and crave solitude.  My life is very full with work, home, kids, family life.

So Bring4th is an outlet for me.  I find the material interesting and unique.  To be honest, I connect more with Carla's channeling and Q'uo, rather than the Ra material.

I could be critical of the Ra material, in that some of the basic concepts are not helpful to our shift, but won't elaborate on that here.

What would I like Bring4th to become?

A welcoming, embracing, accepting community of people who share a common interest in creating a New Earth for all people.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - anagogy - 08-10-2015

An internet forum more or less centered on the Law of One, as espoused by the Ra Material, and other confederation channels.

I enjoy philosophical discussion, and the Law of One touches every aspect of life.  I enjoy learning new points of view from others, and sharing my point of view with others.

(08-05-2015, 06:27 PM)JustLikeYou Wrote:  3. What would you like to see Bring4th become?

I really just want a bigger population of posters, and possibly some new discussion sections, maybe more sharing of different spiritual perspectives (which have oneness at their root, but not directly related to channeling or confederation sources).  I think an "intention/manifestation" section would be interesting, for those who are trying to use the principles of reality creation to make a change in some area of their life and can share their successes and challenges with others as well as get advice and what not.

The Law of One is near and dear to my heart, but I really just come here for spiritual and metaphysical discussion, whether that involves the Ra material, or not.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - rva_jeremy - 10-29-2015

Great convo, justlikeyou!

Quote:1. What do you see Bring4th as being? Not as it is supposed to be, but as it is, right here and now. What is this place that we come to on occasion?

Mostly a forum for people to talk on. Generally spiritual topics, in other words, those topics about spirituality and metaphysics and what not that work in text. Lots of diversity on the edges, but a great deal of consensus on the subset of topics worth discussing.

To be honest I have not come here much in the history of B4. I participated a lot when it launched and in spurts here or there, but my present return has been largely about seeing the forums differently. Whereas before I wanted to get something out of the fora that would help my path, I now see it more as participating in a spiritual community as a service, with anything I get out of it being a nice side benefit. That's a big shift for me since I have a huge history with these types of communities and have lots of baggage with the quality, tenor of communications, personality issues, etc.

Quote:3. What would you like to see Bring4th become?

I think the fora are such a narrow set of possible ways B4 can be a part of people's spiritual lives. I'd like to see software other than blogs and fora used to help people. One direction could be: something closer to a L/L Research social network, where participation doesn't have to fit into particular threads or what not, and it's more about sharing a la "Status updates" and jumping in spontaneously in the moment. Another direction is custom software where people can help others be accountable for spiritual goals and efforts, or a place where anonymous help can be procured.

Anything is possible! That's what I'd like to see on B4. Maybe I see it more clearly or discretely because I'm a web developer and build software all the time to serve my particular interests and needs. But I think if B4 is going to be broader than the fora, the staff need to get clear on what people want. So many thanks for bringing this up, @justlikeyou!

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Nicholas - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 03:45 PM)jeremy6d Wrote:  I think the fora are such a narrow set of possible ways B4 can be a part of people's spiritual lives.  I'd like to see software other than blogs and fora used to help people.  One direction could be: something closer to a L/L Research social network, where participation doesn't have to fit into particular threads or what not, and it's more about sharing a la "Status updates" and jumping in spontaneously in the moment.  

I like these points because I often wished I had been 'tagged' in certain posts. Maybe connecting via our mobile phone numbers and we get a L/L message like "jeremy6d has replied to your post" or something similar?

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - isis - 10-29-2015

an internet forum

mainly just to learn things

immortal

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - The_Tired_Philosopher - 10-30-2015

An internet forum, as Isis said.  Also a chatroom and library with a biorhthym calculator.  Its sort of like my high school group, a bunch of odd-o people who just clumped together a working interest of enjoyment and made something out of it.

We're a bunch of kids in a school, this is the teacher breakroom.  We're the teachers and students.

Admins are admins, mods are security guards.

Loneliness. Used to be for the discussion but there's rarely super good directed incite into any material.  Blatz was the last person to make me excited to come here, and that was with his thread on Sacred Geometry...

I visit often, very often so much so I usually see this place with just me as the active member, no invisible, and the usual 50 or so guests at ALL times.

What it was like before 12/21/2012...  more active, more people...more conversation.  more Love.  more light...

Its a shell of itself.  I think everyone has become aware of that.  Its not dead, but its not thriving.

Its...dwindling it feels like.

I've spoken about this place suffering from inactivity, the cliff of death for a forum.  Please don't fall off.  No other forum is kindly for the most part like this one is.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Adonai One - 10-30-2015

Bring4th is potentially a dogmatic church saved by the salvation of not being in a single building.

I come here to chill and relax people towards seeing nothing and everything as holy, under the first distortion.

I would like to see Bring4th becoming a place with only two boards and as little structure as possible, unintelligible noise pollution counting as structure.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Bring4th_Jade - 10-30-2015

I see B4 as a community of people who are consciously seeking the Creator.

Because I love everyone here, and I enjoy sharing what I've learned and learning from others. There are a lot of crystallized blue-rays that offer a lot of love-infused wisdom.

Accepting of itself as it is as perfect in the moment as a reflection of everyone accepting themselves as perfect in the moment.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Nicholas - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 05:05 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote:  Admins are admins, mods are security guards.

That's a step down from "Overlords"  Tongue

(10-30-2015, 05:05 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote:  Loneliness.

The opposite to boredom is creativity according to Alan Watts  Big Grin

(10-30-2015, 05:05 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote:  What it was like before 12/21/2012...  more active, more people...more conversation.  more Love.  more light...

Its a shell of itself.

Less boring you mean?

(10-30-2015, 05:05 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote:  I've spoken about this place suffering from inactivity

The mind boggling insanity of mental inactivity used to baffle me too  Tongue

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - The_Tired_Philosopher - 10-31-2015

I mean. In this break room the Administrators could be seen an potentially benevolent or malevolent overlords, but my experience pushes them more towards benevolent.

Boredom isn't loneliness friend.

Boring isn't inactivity o:

Does it not baffle you anymore?

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Enyiah - 11-08-2015

Factually, Bring4th is connected to the Ra material and so much more. I was drawn here by the HiddenHand dialogues. I was curious and wanted to learn more, so I read through the 5 Books.

Off the bat, this is a place where discussions are initiated regarding spiritual matters, much of which is in correlation with the LoO by nature. It is an online community of individuals who enjoy the experience of sharing what they have learned or in the process of learning.  It is a place that allows the exploration of various levels of consciousness in people.

Personally, I'm not big on Ra because it is really far Out there.  There are times when I feel the information is possibly not being used for it's intended purpose.  I feel at times it has been taken out of context and going all over the place which can make me uncomfortable.

I love to seek out spiritual truth and gems by adding them to the growing treasure within my heart. I haven't even begun to explore this place!
I enjoy reading the untold way of looking at things. I enjoy seeing myself through other people.
For me to post here, requires some effort, as it requires going out of my comfort zone. As part of the reasons I come here, add the excuse to spread my wings a little. 

It is far too early for me to have an answer to this question. My mind does wander at times but I would be really getting ahead of myself to respond here and now.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - YinYang - 03-19-2016

I accidently discovered this thread when I did an “Alan Watts” search, and decided to read it just to see what the vibe is like nowadays. I have no idea what happened in my absence (many, many years) but I didn’t expect to find this! This is so sad to me!

Let me tell you the greatest lesson I have learned in the past few years. It is this:

My serenity is inversely proportionate to my expectations.

This is also known as detachment in Buddhism. Westerners don’t really understand the word “detachment” in the way Buddha meant it. What he meant isn't indifference or apathy, he meant “don’t walk into situations with a preconceived idea of how you’d like things to transpire, and how you’d like people to behave.” He understood that expectations lead to suffering, because there is hope involved, and when things transpire differently, emotional pain will be the result.

My first time around on this forum, I was also full of expectations about discussing the most amazing thing I have ever found (the Ra material) with a bunch of love-filled likeminded wanderers. What happened? Crash-Boom-Bang!

Not long after my exit here, I moved to Cape Town and met an amazing person, a fellow colleague, wonderful soul, who had been observing me in the workplace, and saw my constant disappointment at things I wanted to turn out differently, and took it upon himself to teach me this lesson:

My serenity is inversely proportionate to my expectations.

It took me quite a while to “really” train myself to become good at it, and the most amazing thing started happening; spontaneity increased in myself and in those in my immediate surroundings, and a sense of “flow” happened. People felt they could be themselves around me, and felt accepted by me, and I by them.

I would imagine that the majority of members here are American, and “expectation” is deeply ingrained in the Western psyche. My advice to you is “let go”. I have no expectations from this forum, this might be my last post, or the first of many. I am open to any scenario, if I enjoy it, great, if I don’t, I’ll take another hiatus! Either way, I won’t suffer, because I have no expectations. I allow the universe to surprise me. Each time I catch myself "expecting", I envision myself letting go of a helium balloon with the words "let go" into the sky.

Each person will bring their own unique dynamic to this place, and it will always be in flux. It will be like this today, and it will be like that tomorrow, and that’s where the fun and the surprise lie. And that’s true free will, without control, just acceptance of whatever transpires. Letting everyone be themselves, the rascals and the saints!

Carla, who will always be very dear to me (the Wanderer’s handbook is my constant companion), always said “let the chips fall where they may”. This is another way of saying “don’t have expectations.” The manifestation seldom match your intention, and that’s okay.

Since it was Alan Watts who got me to this thread, I'll end with Alan Watts!

Let Go of Attachment - Alan Watts / UG Krishnamurti / Terence Mckenna:

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Patrick - 06-09-2016

1. A resource for fellow seekers to tap into.

2. To tap into what is offered and offer some myself.

3. If possible, an even better resource, a better platform, for seekers to tap into.  Although I am not sure what could/would make it better.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Night Owl - 06-09-2016

A meeting point for any being searching consciously or unconsciously for itself.

Because the growth in love/wisdom is infinite and ever expanding. And because it's fun talking with people who have something interesting to share.

A perfect reflection of it's members's desires. Nothing more, nothing less. Just as I think earth should also be. No rules, no boundaries, no structure, just expression of identity through love and wisdom. There is no need for further distortions than those we bring here as mind/body complexes.

Also, since this is experience of infinity everything should be legit.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Aion - 06-09-2016

One word: Friendship.

RE: What is Bring4th to you, and why do you come here? - Spaced - 06-09-2016

I was told there would be ice cream