Bring4th
The Two Art Forums Should Be Rearranged - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Meta (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: Meta Forum (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: The Two Art Forums Should Be Rearranged (/showthread.php?tid=11940)

The Two Art Forums Should Be Rearranged - Parsons - 10-17-2015

Note: this is an anonymous poll. Your vote cannot be seen by other members

First off, I love the new forum layout in general. In particular, I think the new label for "life on planet earth" is much more appropriate. I am also very happy there is finally a forum for art/music.

However, when it comes to forums, I think 'less is more'. So what I am proposing is that one art forum be made a subforum of the other. I don't personally care which is the main and which is the sub, but if I had to choose I would suggest the homebrew one be the main to foster artistic expression. On the other hand, some forum-goers might be a bit shy about their artwork and might appreciate posting in a subforum.

The idea in general of having two separate forums for personal / mainstream artwork had never occurred to me and I kind of like it. Nevertheless, I am also adding a poll vote to just merge them together.

RE: The Two Art Forums Should Be Rearranged - Adonai One - 10-17-2015

I SPEAK NEUTRALLY AND WITHOUT AGENDA TOWARDS OR AGAINST THE POWERS THAT BE:

*bows* I suggest respect of my opinion and all others to follow! So I speak in this emotionally charged forum:

The human mind loves to separate. The cold hard truth is this forum should have no more than two boards: 1) Spiritual discussion, 2) Everything else. If the forum was ran by this system, it would flood with activity that would need heavy moderation as the administrators would have a true view of what they want to see on this forum everyday.

So instead of facing that catalyst head-on, we have a psychologically unconscious suppression of mental catalyst by which boards that would normally be subject to more moderation pushed to the bottom of the list of boards; The ones most desirous of moderation are left at the very top. Forums lower on the list are allowed to stagnate and the higher ones are allowed polish.

This process allows for psychological sanity of not facing the duality of control/freedom. So thus, we have our process at hand and we can find in such the reason why these two boards are separate: So art itself as concept can be controlled.

----

Also I don't really care about this. I just felt a need to take dictation from my subconscious on this thread. The admins can verify I voted neutral in the poll.

RE: The Two Art Forums Should Be Rearranged - The_Tired_Philosopher - 10-18-2015

I could see the personal art forum becoming a subforum, sort of like, appreciating art is one thing, creating it is another.

Lets wait and see how they're utilized though to see if a total merge would be practical for this place right now.

RE: The Two Art Forums Should Be Rearranged - Bring4th_Austin - 10-26-2015

(10-17-2015, 01:54 PM)Parsons Wrote:  Note: this is an anonymous poll. Your vote cannot be seen by other members

First off, I love the new forum layout in general. In particular, I think the new label for "life on planet earth" is much more appropriate. I am also very happy there is finally a forum for art/music.

However, when it comes to forums, I think 'less is more'. So what I am proposing is that one art forum be made a subforum of the other. I don't personally care which is the main and which is the sub, but if I had to choose I would suggest the homebrew one be the main to foster artistic expression. On the other hand, some forum-goers might be a bit shy about their artwork and might appreciate posting in a subforum.

The idea in general of having two separate forums for personal / mainstream artwork had never occurred to me and I kind of like it. Nevertheless, I am also adding a poll vote to just merge them together.

I was waiting to see how the poll results played out to offer a response, and it seems that there isn't a strong collective desire either way.

When deliberating on the two new art forums, we considered all possible configurations - whether they'd be combined, or whether one would be the sub-forum of the other. I tend to agree with you in that "less is more." But at the end of our discussion, we ultimately decided that both forums were distinct enough to warrant being primary forums. It was our hope that they would both be inviting for people to share, whether it is sharing something personal they did, or something they appreciate. And we definitely wanted a special place for people to share their own work.

I just wanted to share some of our thinking and make sure that you knew we had previously discussed this idea. We'll see how our current configuration works out Smile