Bring4th
2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: L/L Research Channeling Archives (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees (/showthread.php?tid=12199)

Pages: 1 2

2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Jade - 12-02-2015

I loved this session, even more especially since it was synchronistic for me (it was posted a short while after I made my "stranger danger" post and Q'uo references this concept!). The session is about, as it ever is, choosing love in the moment.

Q'uo presents the idea that we are all being offered tests of the open heart. That one programs for the self all sorts of interesting and strange tests to see what levels of light one is able to allow in.

Quote:Thus, each entity has programmed, shall we say, the opportunities for the learning of those lessons which will allow for the opening of the heart chakra, so that unconditional love may move through from the red, through the orange, the yellow, and to the green heart ray, and therefrom shine outwardly to those about each entity. As you would imagine, there are various levels of success in this program of opening the heart chakra. Entities may program any type of experience that you can possibly imagine, and many that you cannot imagine, in the hopes that this opening of the heart chakra be accomplished. 

It is the great test of your planet’s population at this time that one may liken to the final examination which many undergo within your educational system at the end of the school year. This, my friends, is the great examination of the heart; whether it can be opened to those who are called strangers, to those some would call dangers; whether it can be seen that—indeed, as the tuning song played before this session began—is God truly one of us?[3] Is the Creator somewhere observing all of this occurring, or is the Creator here amongst you, within you, experiencing all that you feel, see, and imagine?

My friends, we believe you know the answer to this question. Indeed, the Creator is within all. All entities upon this planet are expressions of the One Infinite Creator that has taken this opportunity to give freedom of will to each of its portions so that lessons may be expressed and learned, and the fruits of the learning of experience may be offered to the Creator as a means by which it may know itself in ways that would not be possible without free will being exercised in the manner in which it is now being exercised.

Also as a little bit of Q'uo trivia, the is the second time that it was mentioned by Q'uo that the tuning song was "One of Us?" and Q'uo referenced it in the session - I'm not sure how often channeling songs get cycled or reused, but Q'uo seems very fond of the message. Tongue

Q'uo goes on to explain that we are on a planet of mixed harvest, so therefore opportunities of all kinds exist, and that in the confusion, even entities who desire good for all can be deceived into performing heinous acts. Q'uo then describes the concept of a "negative greeting" in a different way - as a "possessing entity" that attaches to us, a host organism, and becomes very attached to that state of being and the control they get to exert by energizing blockages, especially fear of life.

Quote:When one adds to this fact the additional point that, in a planet undergoing a mixed harvest, the directions of travel will not all be going the same, when the fundamental commitments of spiritual seeking seem to be at loggerheads, one reaches a level of confusion that is much greater yet, and it has been our observation that this planet, in which you enjoy your current life experience, is particularly noted for the wide variation in kinds of energies as well as the experience of oppositional energies that it undergoes. There is, as you might say, a very active loyal opposition, and this opposition is not confined to your earth planes.

This can be rather difficult for you to deal with, particularly when it happens that inexperienced souls opening their hearts for the first time discover that they are given opportunities for service that are really in quite strong distinction from their fundamental intent, and so it can seem that one serves the all, one serves the Creator, and one serves one’s fellow seekers best when one undertakes activities that to most others seem quite hostile. This can seem like a genuine form of service, and if the spiritual seeking is particularly strong, and the discernment is not particularly strong, one can find that earnest souls express the strength of their seeking in ways that are really quite destructive.

Now we would ask you to consider an analogy. That is to analogize the circumstances of planetary chaos with similar circumstances of individual or personal chaos which can occur at points of transition in the individual life patterns. When one undergoes changes in the personality, it almost inevitably occurs that there are certain older patterns of behavior which are shown increasingly to have no further use, which it would be well for the personality to be able to slough off[4] so as to move into a more robust or healthy configuration. However, these older personality features, these older patterns of behavior or forms that have been invested over the years with a certain energy, this energy has a life of its own, if you will. It is as if there were a little possessing entity that has learned to live within a larger host organism, and having taken up a home in certain portions of the organism, is reluctant to give up this home, is reluctant to give up the authority which it has found it enjoys exercising within this portion of the personal being.

Such a possessing energy, if we may so call it, is very likely to put up a resistance when it is being asked to release that domain which it has so long jealously guarded, and it is quite capable of behaving in ways that are anti-social, in ways that are counter-productive, apparently, in relation to the total welfare of the organism. It is quite capable of sending out danger signals, and of attempting to convince the larger self that to change in this area that the larger self has already resolved to change, would, in fact, be quite a risky proposition, would in fact be quite dangerous, not only for the self, but for perhaps others around it, and for the social life as a whole.

Q'uo also explains that there is a big difference between a negative polarizing entity, and an entity that has failed to open its heart in the moment. Even to harvest, we only have to be able to open the heart 51% of the time. But it's when we start exerting the vibrations and actions of manipulation where one starts to polarize negatively.

Quote:So it is one affair when one encounters the hungry stranger, the stranger who is cold, the stranger who is lost, the stranger who is forlorn, to open the door and provide sustenance, warmth, and acceptance. And it is another affair to contend with those who have the intention not of accepting in good grace the welcome you have to offer, but of defeating the master of the house, of overturning the existing order, of achieving domination over others, of introducing the dark stranger of fear into the body politic.

We do not downplay the difficulty associated with this latter possibility, for it is a difficulty that resonates on many levels throughout the creation and is not confined to your planetary experience. But at your time of transition, it reveals the very great confusion that arises when those whose general inclination is to open the heart then encounter hearts that have no intention whatever of being opened, and, in fact, have every intention of doing everything they can to prevent the opening of hearts around them.

When confronted by this adversarial energy, it is a common inclination to recoil in horror, to mount the defenses and even to take an aggressive posture to those who have demonstrated the energies of war. We sorrow with you, my friends, that to some extent this defensive withdrawal seems necessary; but we would caution that you have available to you great powers of discernment, so that you may see where an energy on offer, well polarized to the negative, has no opportunity for successful engagement.

But you may also see that there are many examples around you of those who, like yourself, are attempting to open the heart, but who have staggered under the weight of heavy catalyst, and have begun to recoil in opposition to this catalyst in a manner which seems to share the character of that catalyst which it opposes, which is to say, which seems to take on the very negativity which it rejects.
To be sure, it takes, as we say, discernment to tell what response is of a thwarted open heart, and what initiative is that of a thrust of negative energy with intent to achieve control or domination. The latter, we would remind you, is relatively rare in comparison to the former. And so we invite you to consider that it is not well to use a judgment against those in the midst of whom you find yourself should it merely happen that they have taken a point of view other than your own, or have responded in a more dramatic way, shall we say, or perhaps with more hostility to some traumatic catalyst that seems to be of extremely negative provenance.

Q'uo says that our discernment is used to know that even if we are presented with disharmonious energies, that we do not have to energize them within ourselves.

Q'uo also then says that healing, on the planetary level for us, is a slow game, because our game is pretty much hard mode, but it is inevitable that it will be beaten.

Quote:Healing is an event which takes place one little bit at a time. It takes place in the gentleness and in the quietude that may be discovered when one realizes that difference is not, by itself, threatening; that just as the Creation is many and diverse, and the color spectrum infinitely articulated into hues of every mixture and every description, so too are the processes of human being infinitely variegated. And within this variegation there is still yet integration possible precisely to the extent that the difference is celebrated, the differences welcomed, the difference is accepted even when it comes forward to one explicitly as that which is unacceptable.

Few planetary experiences are as challenging in their very nature and in the structure of catalyst that abounds as the one whose experience you now share and partially constitute. It is a wholesome meditation to contemplate that every last portion of the planetary experience is part of a whole which will, in the fullness of time, be healed. Every last voice will be invited to sing in the choir.

Lots of good stuff. It may appear as if I quoted most of the session but there is much, much more! Thanks a whole bunch to Steve and Jim for doing such a good job and being able to sustain the channeling energy for an extended period. Enjoy, friends.

eta: link x.x http://llresearch.org/transcripts/issues/2015/2015_1121.aspx

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Billy - 12-03-2015

Man, this session really strongly triggered my feelings of being a spiritual failure. I feel completely incapable of opening my heart to the extent that Q'uo describes but I do take comfort in the idea that such things take time and occur slowly.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Jade - 12-03-2015

Oh Billy, I don't think anyone thinks you're a spiritual failure, not even Q'uo. Q'uo knows how hard it is to pull it off, and really just encourages us to keep trying. So thank you for wanting to keep trying, because it is definitely hard. But any time anyone chooses love over hate or fear, it adds and helps raise the planetary vibrations. So pay more attention to your success, however small they may be, because they help so much.

In the question at the end, when Gary asks what us Wanderers can do to help alleviate the planetary load, Q'uo says that just incarnating and mingling our vibrations is our main service. Then we have a secondary service that comes to us the more we meditate. I'm not sure if you resonate entirely with being a Wanderer, but to me, you have the vibrational qualities that are generally uplifting in nature, so take comfort that even your strong desire to learn how to open your heart affects the planetary sphere by offering that desire to others who would have never considered it.  

Quote:Gary: Just one Q’uo. How can the wanderer respond to all the chaos, violence, conspiracies, and service-to-self energies—in short, all the bad news—in a way that fulfills their primary function to lighten the planetary vibration, and to serve as a beacon or shepherd to others?

I am Q’uo and am aware of your query, my brother. It is a query well worth considering, for those entities within this circle of seeking fall within that category which you would call the wanderer, and each wonders itself how to accomplish this particular mission, shall we say. Each has incarnated within this planetary sphere in order to aid it primarily by adding its own light vibrations so that the vibrations of the planet itself are lightened and reduced in their severity, shall we say, in the expression of disharmony.

Each wanderer also has the specific task of finding a way by which it itself may evolve not only through service to the planet in general, but to those about it in a particular sense on the daily-round-of-activities basis. We would recommend the use, once again, of the meditative state in order to explore that which each feels is the primary possibility for learning in service to others, and explore that to the extent that one is firmly aware of this particular service, its ramifications and its expression within your being. And then to fully pursue the expression of this service.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Sacred Fool - 12-06-2015

(12-03-2015, 03:38 AM)Billy Wrote: Man, this session really strongly triggered my feelings of being a spiritual failure.  I feel completely incapable of opening my heart to the extent that Q'uo describes but I do take comfort in the idea that such things take time and occur slowly.

Hmmmm, for what it's worth, in my view, if you can see this and feel it, then "failure" is much too strong a term.  How about "under-achiever?"

I well know the feeling, myself.  Often it seems my concept of how I wish to function is poorly aligned with how things end up operating "in real life."  I've come to feel that some of this bifurcation has nothing to do with my heart itself, but with distortions lower down the energy chain which "cannot be corrected in the higher centers."  I'm quoting there from a posting lower down in this particular stack you might find useful.  ( 2015.09.19 How to discern which chakra an energy blockage originates from )  Periodically sensing and correcting how the lower centers are distorting the signal sent higher up the ladder might improve your desired outcome.  It's otherwise thankless work, but I've found it very useful over a period of time.  I remain thoroughly an under-achiever, but I now have much more clean signal (consciousness) to work with from having spent years trying to balance greed and fear as well as other things I won't mention here.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Immortalis Vigil - 12-09-2015

(12-03-2015, 03:38 AM)Billy Wrote: Man, this session really strongly triggered my feelings of being a spiritual failure.  I feel completely incapable of opening my heart to the extent that Q'uo describes but I do take comfort in the idea that such things take time and occur slowly.

There is no such thing as being a spiritual failure. We all have lessons and infinite time to learn them. As to this specific lesson, fear of other-self closes the heart more surely than anything else. So it is useful to ask, why do we fear? What does an infinite immortal being have to fear? We fear when we believe in the illusion. We fear when believe we are separate from other-self and that other-self may do us harm. We fear when we believe permanent harm can be done to us. We fear, when we believe in illusions and forget our immortal infinite nature. 

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Steppingfeet - 12-09-2015

One aspect of this session I appreciated was Q'uo's touching upon the challenge of the (very generally speaking) society which desires to be liberal, open, tolerant, and welcoming, allowing those into its borders who want to undo, reverse, and close such a society.

In other words, the difficult dynamic of how tolerance tolerates intolerance.

I say "generally speaking" because the situation, in Europe especially, is very complex and complicated and not easily understood through such a simple formulation of dynamic.

But at the same time I think that such a dynamic is or may be in play in certain respects.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Steppingfeet - 12-09-2015

Quote:Q'uo:We do not downplay the difficulty associated with this latter possibility, for it is a difficulty that resonates on many levels throughout the creation and is not confined to your planetary experience. But at your time of transition, it reveals the very great confusion that arises when those whose general inclination is to open the heart then encounter hearts that have no intention whatever of being opened, and, in fact, have every intention of doing everything they can to prevent the opening of hearts around them.

Also, interestingly, Q'uo indicates that such a dynamic is not unique to Earth.

In fact it might connect to the basic relationship of the two polarities. One wishes to invade, conquer, encroach, infringe, enslave, and abrogate.

The other wishes to embrace, accept, welcome, unify with, and so forth.

They are two irreconcilable approaches to the social sphere.

Best addressed, I think, in 67.11

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Billy - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 12:18 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: One aspect of this session I appreciated was Q'uo's touching upon the challenge of the (very generally speaking) society which desires to be liberal, open, tolerant, and welcoming, allowing those into its borders who want to undo, reverse, and close such a society.

I wonder if Q'uo was making that statement in relation to refugees or if they were speaking in a more general sense and addressing the fear of other selves that is ever present here in 3rd density and beyond.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - rva_jeremy - 12-14-2015

This is an absolutely fascinating reading with a lot of very, very novel comments.  As somebody who has often struggled with reconciling this spiritual perspective with the power drama of politics, the nuggets of wisdom just absolutely abound.  Recognizing them fully is always difficult, so I'll be very grateful if you share your thoughts, both agreeing and disagreeing, on any conclusions I draw.

Q\uo Wrote:To be sure, it takes, as we say, discernment to tell what response is of a thwarted open heart, and what initiative is that of a thrust of negative energy with intent to achieve control or domination. The latter, we would remind you, is relatively rare in comparison to the former. And so we invite you to consider that it is not well to use a judgment against those in the midst of whom you find yourself should it merely happen that they have taken a point of view other than your own, or have responded in a more dramatic way, shall we say, or perhaps with more hostility to some traumatic catalyst that seems to be of extremely negative provenance.

I see this as a reference to anti-immigration and anti-refugee sentiments in much of the population of America and Europe.  One thing that has always struck me about those movements is the intense love such people have for their homes.  The nastiness of rejecting people different is not necessarily a result of hating difference nearly as much as wanting to protect what feels like home to them, the home they want to pass on to their children, the character of the environs in which they became who they were.

Indeed, many on the Right view the metropolitanism, multiculturalism and diversity emphasis of the Left as a rejection of those particular characteristics that make them and their homes what they are, that make them recognizable.  You see this in the European Right a lot: a desire to actually defend diversity by keeping Muslims Muslim and Christians Christian, and to avoid mixing so as not to destroy the distinctiveness and variety and authenticity of this.  Of course, that gets twisted in some pretty genocidal and fascist directions--you saw talk like this during the Civil Rights struggle in America, too--but I think I can see the love there, deep down at the root, and it's a love not for humanity in some abstract idealistic sense but a love for particular places and people.  

As a favorite conservative of mine once said--and I think this demonstrates the kind of particular love I'm talking about:

Bill Kauffman Wrote:If you believe, as I do, that rootlessness is one of the great maladies afflicting our lorn and lovely land, then reasserting the importance of place in American life becomes the antidote. America is the sum of ten thousand and one little, individuated places, each with its own character and stories. A politician who understands this will act in ways that protect and preserve these real places. She will ask the question that never gets injected into national debates over the wisdom of American policy: What are the domestic costs? Loving her block, she will not wish to bomb Iraq. Loyal to a neighborhood, she will not send its young men and women across the oceans to kill and die for causes wholly unrelated to local life.

A rootless politico will babble on about “the homeland”—a creepy totalitarian phrase that, before George W. Bush, was never applied to our country. Don’t ever use that term—the homeland—unless you’re an FBI informer, a Mussolini groupie, or a speechwriter for Chris Christie.

Almost the entirety of our permanent political class consists of people who long ago left behind whatever places they may have been from, and they regard those of us who are loyal to a place—not necessarily our hometowns, but the places where we cast down our buckets, in the phrase of Booker T. Washington—as losers. These are men who would never think to boast of the smallness of their country. They’d be dumbfounded by Chesterton’s remark that “I think the first thing that made me dislike imperialism was the statement that the sun never sets on the British Empire. What good is a country with no sunset?”

In the desire to bring people together, these conservatives see global elites turning people into faceless, featureless, indistinguishable, deracinated masses, all alien not nearly as much because of their differences as because of their sameness, their greyness.  You see this in the Right a lot: a desire for people to authentically be of the place they come from, and a fierce rejection of many politicians, business executives, and others for whom one place is as good as another, where none of the differences and identities matter because after all it's easier to dominate markets of completely identical people, easy to manipulate labor when you can just move people about as identical cogs in a machine.

So as I read this reading, I started to really think about how I could approach people like that and, instead of convincing them that they're wrong and I'm right, try to figure out how to fan the flame in their heart, to have these deep loves bring fruit that is not borne of desperation and resentment, but instead have these deep loves add to the emerging new views of how people on Earth should inter-relate.

Did I read too much into that?  Thanks.  I hope maybe I've been able to add a perspective that helps you think about Q'uo's words, and gives you something to work with as we learn to love our fearful brothers and sisters.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - hounsic - 12-15-2015

I have read a couple of your comments on several posts and just wanted to say thanks. I love how you expressed your perspective!

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Plenum - 12-15-2015

appreciation makes the world go around Smile  Thumbs up to Jeremy6d too.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Jade - 12-15-2015

I don't think you read too much into it at all, Jeremy. I think you are exactly right that people want to protect their "homes", their "status quo", and abhor the idea of changing what they love. I think on a shallower level, people also want to protect their "stuff", which they see as an extension of their identity as well. I see many layers in what Q'uo says, but what it comes down to is that we our first response to others should not be fear, it should be the open heart.

You mention how much people love their homes - and I wish everyone who is anti-refugee would realize how much those people really love their homes, too. They just don't want to see them blown up. They are leaving out of necessity, not because they are so excited to go to a country where they know no one and can't speak the language. So yes, often, it is a very human (instinctual) thing to be protective of our homes, and to defend the boundaries of our "territories", which is exacerbated when our system of capitalism keeps us in a state of fearing availability of resources. "How can we feed and shelter them if we can't even care for the homeless on the street?" Well, we can... we're just trapped in a system where we continue to choose not to.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - AnthroHeart - 12-15-2015

When Katrina hit, I wanted to bring in someone to stay with me so I could provide shelter to someone who lost everything. But it didn't work out.

- - earth_spirit - 12-15-2015

-----

While your sentiment is your own and echoed by millions, earth_spirit, in my eyes it is directly the opposite view that Q'uo is advocating to take.

Diversity + Proximity = Creation, to me.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Spaced - 12-15-2015

Wow, I had no idea there was so much reactionary sentiment on this forum.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - rva_jeremy - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 03:10 PM)earth_spirit Wrote: You don't put vastly different, spiritually ignorant lukewarm peoples in a cramped space and expect them to "open their hearts" to each other. Because when they literally open each others' hearts by carving them out of their chests, the blood shed would be on your hands.

I actually agree with this.  There's a big difference between individual people opening their hearts as an act of will, a choice that they are making, and a group of elites with power doing it on their behalf, often from a position of societal remove, economic and social privilege, etc.  There is some insincerity on the part of those with power looking down on those who bear the costs of policies that, however compassionate, did not come from a place of choice.  This is what takes love and twists it into something that replaces openness and vulnerability with the need for control and defense.  Those of Q'uo were very articulate about this.

At the same time, one of the things I struggle with is the character of the kind of "mass learning" they refer to.  In what sense are we responsible for what we do as a collective polity through government?  In what sense are we not?  This is something I struggle with, not because I'm trying to figure out the right political system so much as figuring out what it means to accept that all is well in these particular contexts.

The question I'd like to explore, Earth_Spirit, is how we could at once allay the kinds of concerns you're bringing up while extending help in the most effective and authentic way possible.  One of the things I'd like to do to experiment with this is reach out to Trump supporters on social media.  See if through sincere, searching vulnerability we can get down to the roots of what motivate us.  If we can disagree sincerely and honestly, instead of by distorting, rejecting, and belittling our differences of opinion, perhaps we can find "third ways" that synthesize our interests that simply don't occur to us in this "us vs them" theater we find ourselves in.

P.S. By the way, I just want to say: what I wrote above about the conservative perspective is not necessarily stuff I agree with. It is the result of reading conservative opinion, speaking with conservatives, and trying to empathize with their concerns. It is not necessarily how I view the world, although it must be clear to everybody that I at least have sympathy for many of their points. But I do not believe that xenophobia, racism, classism, etc. are good things that we should tolerate except to the extent that we accept them as self.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - rva_jeremy - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 01:36 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: I think on a shallower level, people also want to protect their "stuff", which they see as an extension of their identity as well.

Yep. To be fair, I think most of the refugees and immigrants would want to protect their "stuff", too. There's nothing about fleeing a civil war that necessarily makes you a more enlightened, less materialistic person. To my mind that is all the more reason to extend them empathy and aid--precisely because there are all these things we have in common, and humility pretty much demands it.

(12-15-2015, 01:36 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: I see many layers in what Q'uo says, but what it comes down to is that we our first response to others should not be fear, it should be the open heart.

Right. But what stood out to me was also Q'uo's advice on how we deal with the xenophobes: to not resist them directly. Good lord, as somebody who has spent all their adult life believing he was "fighting the power", that's a hard pill to swallow. Smile I look to my brothers and sisters here for guidance on how to balance that, because it's not something that comes easily to me.

(12-15-2015, 01:36 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: You mention how much people love their homes - and I wish everyone who is anti-refugee would realize how much those people really love their homes, too. They just don't want to see them blown up. They are leaving out of necessity, not because they are so excited to go to a country where they know no one and can't speak the language.

That's definitely something I would impress upon any of these xenophobes. The question is: how? That's what I struggle with. What's the key that unlocks their heart? Of course, the first step is unlocking mine, right? Smile

Thanks Jade!

I try in general to trust that, in the moment, if someone is willing to listen to reason, that the right words will come through me. Sometimes, I surprise myself with the string of words that allows recognition of unity in another. If this is your intent, to have the right words to say to open the hearts to those who are closed, then I would continue to meditate on this request and allow these opportunities to present themselves. It's blue/indigo balance.

I am reminded of this cryptic Ra quote:

Quote:Things come not to those positively oriented but through such beings.

- - earth_spirit - 12-15-2015

-----

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Billy - 12-16-2015

I think that there are legitimate concerns in relation to immigration, and while there are no doubt elements of xenophobia and hatred influencing discussion and proposed action, I think it is unfair to immediately label someone a bigot and/or closed hearted for expressing genuine concern (not that anyone on this board has done that). 

After all I've read, seen and heard, I'll admit that I have questions and reservations surrounding mass immigration and I don’t see how you cannot if you look at the statistics in an objective and sincere fashion.  I’m not advocating anti-immigration but I definitely think an effective vetting process is necessary, although I don’t know how realistic that really is.  Unless I have been taken in by lies and propaganda, it's hard not to look at the situation in Sweden without some alarm bells ringing.  I guess I have grown tired of parroting pro immigration sentiments without really knowing what it is that I'm talking about and the potential consequences of such action. 

Man, I hope my heart isn’t hardening.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Diana - 12-16-2015

(12-16-2015, 01:38 AM)Billy Wrote: Man, I hope my heart isn’t hardening.

I don't think so. I think you are just thinking outside the box of propaganda on either side. I think you are trying to assess the reality of the situation. For instance, in the U.S. we basically have a two-party system: democrat and republican. While some people think they are outside the box being libertarian, independent or green party, I say it's outside the box to not refer to policies or parties at all. Make assessments not based on party policies or on preconceived ideas, but on what seems best given all the information for each individual situation.

Also, one's personal response to a specific situation is not the same as dealing with a global issue. There are billions of people here. We have a long way to go, I think, before we are acting together for the good of all.

My view has always been an open and free society without borders. But is this practical? I mean from the standpoint of being a leader who has to make decisions for a country. I am sure that world leaders will see the possibility of anarchy, given the current population, if we just said: let's unconditionally embrace everyone with love. I think this raises a lot of questions, and as much as we might call certain individuals xenophobes, this is name-calling in itself and usually taken out of context. If I call someone a xenophobe without having "walked a mile in his/her moccasins" then I am judging just as much as the supposed xenophobe. 

(Don't misinterpret me here please anyone. I am not saying we shouldn't embrace everyone unconditionally or that anarchy is not okay. Sometimes the system must collapse before the new is built, and there is that middle bit that can be anarchy.)

This is why I gave the sample of democrat/republican. It always amazes me that otherwise intelligent people will only see those two choices as viable. I don't think that because there is little chance of real change politically that I have to vote for the lesser of two evils. There are other choices, and some of them exist completely outside of what we even perceive as possible.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Cyclops - 12-18-2015

I assume Q'uo was referring to islamists when they talked about subversion as the other side to helping refugees, since the current crisis seems to be centered more or less around muslims.

Quote: Ra: I am Ra. At the level of time/space at which this takes place in the form of what you may call thought-war, the most accepting and loving energy would be to so love those who wished to manipulate that those entities were surrounded, engulfed, and transformed by positive energies.

This, however, being a battle of equals, the Confederation is aware that it cannot, on equal footing, allow itself to be manipulated in order to remain purely positive, for then though pure it would not be of any consequence, having been placed by the so-called powers of darkness under the heel, as you may say.

It is thus that those who deal with this thought-war must be defensive rather than accepting in order to preserve their usefulness in service to others. Thusly, they cannot accept fully what the Orion Confederation wishes to give, that being enslavement. Thusly, some polarity is lost due to this friction and both sides, if you will, must then regroup.

This came to mind for me, seems kind of similar to what we are experiencing now with the global war on terror. I will also say that I assume(in my opinion) a lot of islam based on what I read is negative/orion influenced. I can see why a lot of people have put up defenses and closed their hearts as Q'uo says, I might be one of those people right now.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Night Owl - 12-18-2015

Don't you find it absurd that so much people will claim to be welcoming refugees in their country but failling to see that their country was constructed based on the extermination of an entire race who's land was already theirs? Claiming to be STO while not seeing they actually encourage privatizing of the land. Who's call is it to decide who's land it is. Who's call is it to decide this land is different than any other lands on this entire planet. How can it be so difficult to see there is no real boundaries and that we encourage those illusionary boundaries by encouraging this system? It's not like you can actually completely get out of this system but at least try not to be hypocritical about it. Those refugees should not have to beg for our welcoming. This land is as much theirs as it is to anybody living on this planet. They have every right to live where they want. Spread love to those you encounter that will be deeply blinded by this fear because they need it more than those refugees who's fear are very real. They're trying to survive. They cannot survive without it.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Ankh - 12-19-2015

(12-18-2015, 01:47 AM)matrix_drumr Wrote: Those refugees should not have to beg for our welcoming. This land is as much theirs as it is to anybody living on this planet. They have every right to live where they want.

This is the best thing I've heard this far in this whole refugees vs. we-who-already-live-in-this-piece-of-land debate.

The debate about whether welcoming refugees or not is just another sign of how not united we still are, and that we still have a path to walk before seeing the dawn of fourth density. I also believe that it shows our greed, or inability to share.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - YinYang - 04-18-2016

Something came up in the Forgiveness thread which is applicable to this thread. The issue was discussed of service to another at one's own detriment, which can presumably cause an imbalance.

Patrick Wrote:That is why self-sacrifice (the giving up of one's own interests or wishes in order to help others or to advance a cause.), if done to your own detriment, is an unbalanced action.  It is compassionate and positively polarizing, but the helping of the One in other-selves while sacrificing the One in your-self results in no real gain to the One.

This is a sticky subject, but I would say service to another very often results in discomfort for the self. Carla once said something to the effect of "don't expect bells and soft music when you serve" (paraphrasing here), but what she meant was service is tough sometimes (on the self). Very often it's not a win-win situation, you sacrifice.

In this regard, with the migrant crisis, there is definitely "detrimental" consequences for the host nations, if you consider that in the Islamic faith women are still severely subjugated, and that strong bias is mixing with a culture where women have been largely uplifted and liberated. There was talk in this thread of preserving the way things were, and that's also something you give up when you serve in a refugee situation.

Take for example Pope Francis calling on all European parishes to take in families. If you do that, you will be inconvenienced. You have a new, foreign family living in your house. Everything changes, no more cooking bacon with your breakfast, because they will be very offended. Some of them won't even drink from a glass which contained alcohol before. The language barrier. Effort goes into making them comfortable and feel at home, so you can't lie on the couch all night and watch your favourite TV shows. You have to rebudget, cause there's an extra family to feed, so you might not be able to afford certain things as before.

It's just something I thought of when I read the "Forgiveness" thread... that service more often than not results in sacrifice, but if your heart is open, it won't be a sacrifice, you will do it with a joyful heart.

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Sabou - 04-18-2016

(04-18-2016, 04:46 PM)YinYang Wrote: In this regard, with the migrant crisis, there is definitely "detrimental" consequences for the host nations ...

I appreciate how you put quotations around detrimental, because I think it is safe to assume there are no real detrimental consequences.

On a personal level, the extent that we consciously self-sacrifice while unconsciously holding on to beliefs saying we are not "safe" if we sacrifice this much or that much, or this thing or that thing, we will experience a form of "detriment". It does require a need to discover those unconscious beliefs in order that we realize no detriment is occurring, only a misalignment between are conscious actions and subconscious beliefs.

We all have different capacities that we are able to sacrifice without causing harm to ourselves and these capacities should respected in their right time. Like you mentioned, balancing, looking within and eventually opening the heart should allow one to realize there is no real sacrifice. 

- - earth_spirit - 04-21-2016

-----

RE: 2015.11.21 Opening our heart to the refugees - Jade - 04-21-2016

Well I would wholeheartedly disagree with you that this issue needs more wisdom and less compassion. I think this issue needs less fear and more compassion. We're moving into fourth density and Ra says that it's compassion that is the salvation of third density. What you offer in your post is not wisdom, it's judgement.

Your three bullet points could easily apply to children in America, minus videos of using them as human shields. But we have shame-based religious programming, ubiquitous genital mutilation for boys, "poor people breeding" (oh god who cares), child slave labor (take a peak at farming practices for one), etc. These are not things that are "invading" us, they are already here. And most of the people who are fleeing their country are trying to get away from the utmost extreme versions of these events, because their life is directly in danger. All most of these people want is to live another day and have their children live to see another day. They're not planning grand schemes to milk the welfare systems of developed countries. And if some are, well, they won't outnumber the "natives" who already do these kinds of things.

- - earth_spirit - 04-21-2016

-----