Bring4th
Job Wanted! -Can move if needed! - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: The Corkboard (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Job Wanted! -Can move if needed! (/showthread.php?tid=12900)

Job Wanted! -Can move if needed! - Lovelyfaith - 05-16-2016

Hello everyone!

Do you recall that moment of realization when it became suddenly apparent that your whole life has been written and scripted by someone else? That feeling of awe and wonder knowing you can change things in your life just by making the request known and turning in a different direction? That's where I'm at..

I am looking for a fresh start, and since I have no idea where to even begin, I thought this might be a good place. I've been begging the universe to align me with something more rewarding and helpful and I believe if anything is available it'll find me because I'm opening myself up to it. I've been wracking my brain thinking of ideas, all I can think of is to put this out there to see if anyone has any opportunities for me.

I've been looking to change career paths for a while now, I was sort of pulled into the insurance industry due to it being a family business. It pays well, but I have never liked it because I have to call people and sell a product, something that is extremely hard for me. The biggest driving factor for this shift is the amount of time I am forced to spend away from my kids. I feel guilty staying in an office building for 9 hours a day, working for corporate America for something that I hold little value in. I don't believe that selling insurance is helping anyone, the couple that I am able to save money for are so nice, but many more times than that I get calls from people explaining to me how insurance costs going up are making life hard. It's hard to hear. I want to help people, I want to feel like my work is meaningful.

Overall, when I am not pushing a product on someone, I am very easy to be around and a very hard worker. I am highly organized and detail oriented. I am loyal, a hard worker and reliable. One who goes above and beyond and works diligently to get the job finished correctly.

I have owned my own insurance agency for about 4 years now, prior to that I was a stay at home mom for 6 years. I went to a vocational school for medical billing, coding and bookkeeping, graduating at the top of my class. Before I had kids, I managed 3 restaurants and about 45 employees underneath me. As a manager, my employees enjoyed my laid back nature and the mutual respect that I showed them, I never had any problems with insubordination.

My passion is doing something for a cause. I would love to help people or animals, heck even wildlife would feel pretty rewarding. I love to write, study and learn. I know a lot about 'self-help' type things because of the amount of time I have spent improving myself. I have a passion for fitness and health, psychology, philosophy and spirituality. I am adaptable and can pick things up pretty quickly.

I am willing to relocate my family if needed. Let me know if anyone has any ideas, or if any questions come up! Feel free to comment or PM me. I understand this is not the typical way of looking for a job, but we're not typical people are we Wink

RE: Job Wanted! -Can move if needed! - Jade - 05-16-2016

Why not go back to restaurants? You could wait tables part-time and earn more than most management positions (hourly at least) and be able to spend more time with your kids. You could find an "ethical" type restaurant that has a cause - or, for instance, they just opened up a cafe called The Perch here in Colorado Springs where they are trying to rehome rescued parrots.

Another option with the restaurant experience is that I see down here as well that there are ALWAYS jobs in dining services at retirement facilities. My guess is this is not a very rewarding job, but for someone who sees the "higher picture" and wants to help, putting up with crabby elderly people isn't that tough of a service. Wink Just my first thoughts. Good luck!!! I think a lot of us are trying to find higher vibrational jobs at the moment. Smile