Bring4th
To understand the B4 community better - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Meta (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Forum: Meta Forum (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: To understand the B4 community better (/showthread.php?tid=13633)

Pages: 1 2

To understand the B4 community better - smc - 12-17-2016

Hi everyone,

I'm posting this (anonymous) poll to understand the the currently active members of the B4 community better and to help me gauge how compatible I may/may not be, through having more of an idea of the predominant 'egregore'.

RE: To understand the B4 community better - smc - 12-17-2016

Ps: if anyone wants to add 'concepts' you're very welcome - (though I'm not quite sure how to do that... would we need to set up a second poll?)

RE: To understand the B4 community better - Glow - 12-17-2016

SMC - I'm one of those annoying people that cant do acceptable or not.

How technical are we being?
Acceptable as in idea behaviour? Or acceptable as in, even some behaviours that hurt others are a necessary part of both people's paths?

As one of my threads illustrates I have experienced some behaviour from others that was certainly less than ideal and I didn't really even brush the surface of the worst of it.. It's acceptable though because they paved my path to make me who I am.

Anyways I'm torn between wanting to answer the survey, and realizing I'm in a place where I won't perpetuate behaviours upon others that will hurt them but cant truely say they are over all unacceptable either.

Maybe a qualifier would help. Acceptable for me to do? I can answer that Smile

RE: To understand the B4 community better - Cosmo23 - 12-17-2016

Where is "Do whatever you like/I dont care"? 

Hi Glow - do you mean unpleasant catalyst?

I see the function of catalyst.... but I also see that over millennia humans aren't making much forward progress towards love/wisdom... for example - in many areas of employment women still don't have equal pay (for example) - men are still having issues with having to measure up to a standard of masculinity that is stifling and bad for their mental/emotional health etc etc - and earlier today I was watching a youtube video of a transgender 16 year old (2014) - such a lovely person... I was so impressed with her resolve and grace and ideas - but a few videos later I found out she killed herself (from severe bullying) just 6 months after that... and it had me in mind of something I read earlier on a thread where a member talked about the (supposed) negativity of (so called "Social Justice Warriors") and 'political correctness' via the topic of new initiatives to include more LGBTQI pronouns - and how that was oppressive -

to quote the post (from 'the Trump Presidency' thread):

"Joe Rogan hosts Jordan Peterson on his podcast. Peterson is a professor at University of Toronto who came under fire this past year for publicly refusing to use 'alternative gender pronouns' (e.g. xie, xir, xem, hir, etc) -- a dissent that's earned him relentless criticism, attempts to get him removed from the University, and accusations of racism, bigotry, homo/transphobia, etc.

But listen to him speak and it's clear he's a thoughtful, considerate person who is not refusing to use these pronouns out of a deeply rooted, personal hatred of others; rather, he has a concern about the direction of an ideological movement that has its roots in a social/political movement responsible for the murder and starvation of millions throughout history. "

- but to me the death of this vulnerable young person is preventable... to me - to change language is to change thinking for greater love and acceptance - so to read (the above) and find out that several B4 members are anti 'social justice' is very disturbing to me. The one qualifier I would put on the situation is that it shouldn't be forced but suggested. If that person wants to continue to not use the pronouns... that's his choice - so I don't think that should be a forced thing... however 'affirmative action' ie: trying to ensure equality of education/employment/salary, etc should have provisions in law.

As to your question - I mean "on the whole"... ultimately - ideally

does that help?

RE: To understand the B4 community better - Patrick - 12-17-2016

It seems I'm not quite there yet with acceptance.  There was one item I could not check mark.  Still work to do on the self.  Of course, it's always ongoing. Smile

oh! ? I could only accept about 21 of them... my idea is that many of them aren't acceptable... not if you want to polarise to STO

(12-17-2016, 10:54 AM)Cosmo23 Wrote:  Where is "Do whatever you like/I dont care"? 

it's on the other side of the page Wink

but serioso - do you know how to add it? then I'll add it for you.

(12-17-2016, 11:04 AM)SMC Wrote:  Hi Glow - do you mean unpleasant catalyst?

I see the function of catalyst.... but I also see that over millennia humans aren't making much forward progress towards love/wisdom... for example - in many areas of employment women still don't have equal pay (for example) - men are still having issues with having to measure up to a standard of masculinity that is stifling and bad for their mental/emotional health etc etc - and earlier today I was watching a youtube video of a transgender 16 year old (2014) - such a lovely person... I was so impressed with her resolve and grace and ideas - but a few videos later I found out she killed herself (from severe bullying) just 6 months after that... and it had me in mind of something I read earlier on a thread where a member talked about the (supposed) negativity of (so called "Social Justice Warriors") and 'political correctness' via the topic of new initiatives to include more LGBTQI pronouns - and how that was oppressive -

to quote the post (from 'the Trump Presidency' thread):

"Joe Rogan hosts Jordan Peterson on his podcast. Peterson is a professor at University of Toronto who came under fire this past year for publicly refusing to use 'alternative gender pronouns' (e.g. xie, xir, xem, hir, etc) -- a dissent that's earned him relentless criticism, attempts to get him removed from the University, and accusations of racism, bigotry, homo/transphobia, etc.

But listen to him speak and it's clear he's a thoughtful, considerate person who is not refusing to use these pronouns out of a deeply rooted, personal hatred of others; rather, he has a concern about the direction of an ideological movement that has its roots in a social/political movement responsible for the murder and starvation of millions throughout history. "

- but to me the death of this vulnerable young person is preventable... to me - to change language is to change thinking for greater love and acceptance - so to read (the above) and find out that several B4 members are anti 'social justice' is very disturbing to me. The one qualifier I would put on the situation is that it shouldn't be forced but suggested. If that person wants to continue to not use the pronouns... that's his choice - so I don't think that should be a forced thing... however 'affirmative action' ie: trying to ensure equality of education/employment/salary, etc should have provisions in law.

As to your question - I mean "on the whole"... ultimately - ideally

does that help?
I really like your answer and you sound like a lovely person. I hurt for those people too.

Only in the last two years before I found LOO I started to see things differently.
Suffering is often exactly what is needed to bring light. I don't/won't say kudos to the perpetrators and will actively try to stop it if it's within my power but I've seen the darkest acts push some out of indifference or luke warm convictions into becoming the most spectacular heart fully exposed and certain. The dark is a tool.
Not one I will wield but it it seems our self centered human species cannot see truth of inflicting suffering until it is inflicted upon others they know or themselves, sometimes it's even the act of hurting another that changes them.

As a result I can't say anything is unacceptable. Not something I'd like in my reality effecting anyone in the world I can answer that way, still if others need these horrible lessons then I can't say it's unacceptable.

My example I have a hard time watching disfunctional people who cannot feed themselves, nor behave in a nurturing manner have kids, I can't stand rape, or subjugation, and manipulation of others, I've always been one to stick up for the underdog being bullied even strangers but... having lived my life, who would I be if I hadn't had my trama to break me and give me the chance to rebuild properly.

Some of these things allow people to step back from society, quit chasing the propagandized dream and say "this is all completely f'd up. It's not who I am, what I want, there has to be more"

Kind of just like you are doing. If you had had no suffering just kindness, would you have the drive to empathize and love others?

It's tricky. So I will answer your question as
"What do I condone?" Still it's tricky there are extremes to everything. Even some beautiful things can be turned to inflict hate.

Some people are suborn in their hatred or even their indifference. That 16 year old killing himself, may have sent ripples that will help change the world just by others being outraged and hurt by his suffering. So in that regard it was a beautiful act.
I know that sounds sick, but the world is sick, has been a long time. Stubborn issues often require brutal medicine.

(he was a she)

yes I see what you mean - have thought it often... it's that the balance is so skewed now ... the darkness is too present (imo)

I do fly up to the international space station and look down and take a larger view point... it's just that I have experienced severe pain my whole life - so as an empath even on a good day I ache for animals and humans pain and it's no 'theoretical' feeling... it is literal and crushing (if I let it) (which I don't anymore)

this is why I feel gender and race politics are challenging for each layer of privileged person in the world - the pinnacle being straight white male who don't easily understand their relative/comparative safety means they get to philosophise detachedly because they aren't subject to the degrees of suffering that increase as you go down the hierarchy to the most marginalised

intersectionality is a great analysis of this - but I think I'll only find stress if I try to advocate for it on B4

(12-17-2016, 11:45 AM)SMC Wrote:  (he was a she)

yes I see what you mean - have thought it often... it's that the balance is so skewed now ... the darkness is too present (imo)

I do fly up to the international space station and look down and take a larger view point... it's just that I have experienced severe pain my whole life - so as an empath even on a good day I ache for animals and humans pain and it's no 'theoretical' feeling... it is literal and crushing (if I let it) (which I don't anymore)

this is why I feel gender and race politics are challenging for each layer of privileged person in the world - the pinnacle being straight white male who understand their relative/comparative safety to philosophise detachedly because they aren't subject to the degrees of suffering as you go down the hierarchical list of privilege...

intersectionality is a great analysis of this - but I think I'll only find stress if I try to advocate for it on B4
lol take me next time you go to the space station Wink

I'm an empath too. Have you seen the 5th element where the 5th element is watching tv is balling seeing the horrors we have both suffered and perpetrated?
I thought that was such a great illustration of how empath experience the world.
I've recently learned to expand my energy out densely so I can feel only my own energy when it gets to be to much. If you haven't learned that I highly recommend it. I'm so much less wounded.

I hope you will stay here with us. We might not be just where you are in your raleighing change mode but we are almost unanimously of love here. we all seek different changes and are supposed to be advocates or at least send love to different wounds of this world. Don't feel judged because we are not 100% kneck in kneck.

I'm feeling called to do something about the homeless, mental illness too because I see that as a huge contributor. I won't feel bad if others aren't as moved by my calling. We all have different calls and if we were all torn apart by every calling we would be so torn we'd be rendered useless.

Finally learning to expand my energy I finally feel strong enough to face the homeless in some way, before even driving past would ruin me for days.

Perhaps you can expand your energy here when you feel we are not backing up your callings strong enough. You obv have a strong beautiful heart. You would be missed.
(Hug)

(12-17-2016, 11:45 AM)SMC Wrote:  (he was a she)

So weird how the mind works. I was reading that part quickly and got a flash of a friend who is transgender. I met him and knew way before he was open about it and was obviously lying to himself and was very depressed. As a woman she is so gorgeous and happy so when I thought of the sad part of their life my mind went back to when my friend was a boy, or at least trying to be a boy.

(12-17-2016, 11:20 AM)Patrick Wrote:   
It seems I'm not quite there yet with acceptance.  There was one item I could not check mark.  Still work to do on the self.  Of course, it's always ongoing. Smile

Wethats the one we all couldn't accept. It's unanimous

SMC- just to reassure you we as a species are moving pretty quickly towards love I can tell you what I have seen change in my not even 40 years.

It's staggering and encouraging.

In my lifetime

*homosexuals were killed as par for the course. Routine. They were outside society.

now it is so rare in developed nations that those who would perpetrate such hate are the ones not part of society. It's the polarizing asspect, "what monsters could condone this violence?" Then we find out who the monsters are.

*women had so few rights even in the 1980 when my parents divorced. My mother got a job but to replace our broken washing mashing she had to come with a note from either her husband or her father....this was Canada.
Women were beaten by their spouses and no one intervened because it was his wife. Like a possession of his to do with as he wished. Again Canada, Christian society at the time.

Look at us now. We can buy anything we want and if anyone hits us they better start running. If reported the police will come, if friends or family find out they might just get him first. Not across the board but it's a huge change in under 40 years.

* I live near 3 reservations and their used to be stigma against them as a group for thriving drinking.... whatever I was s kid so don't remember specifics. Now anyone who says anything like that outside "redneck stuck in ignorance circles" they are viewed as racist ignorants who have no understanding of anything.

Far from perfect, so much needs to change but I think that is witching 15 years,.. kind of awesome.

I could go in animal abuse, violence against children, environmentalism, mandatory social conformity... so much has changed for the better in such a redicoulously short time. I'm excited and encouraged. Don't lose hope. Smile

RE: To understand the B4 community better - rva_jeremy - 12-17-2016

Just to be clear, I think some of these terms are insufficient to really get the nuanced views of people participating here. I encourage you to engage folks in conversation, SMC, to understand the variety of viewpoints here.

One big reason I find the survey one-dimensional is that there's a difference between accepting a condition and approving of it. I accept that racism exists, even if disapprove of it; in fact, we tacitly all do, since racism is going right now and nobody is doing anything equal to the challenge of absolutely eliminating it. I don't even think it's physically possible to eliminate bigotry through some program of action, political or otherwise, any more than you can eliminate greed by protesting against it or sexism by simply introducing top-down programs.

In fact, and I talked about this on the In the Now episode that I was interviewed on, I believe that we do have to accept these conditions of which we do not approve in order to be able to face and balance them. Activism has become about adopting a totalizing, ideological worldview that prioritizes one's personal inner judgments about all manner of practices and institutions, regardless of how actionable they are. It tends to make us see those who disagree with us as some unreconcilable, alien "other". But these judgments often divide us from others instead of allowing us to see our reflection in them. They also make the focus on individual humans instead of the rigid, overarching systems in place that usually do a much better job of perpetuating injustice than individual actions. No one person is responsible for, say, racism. It is a complicated condition in society with lots of reinforcing pieces. Unless you think simply eliminating everybody who disagrees with you is a solution, you're going to have to not just win the fight but find a place where those on the other side can meet you.

For example, I accept both "inclusivity" and "exclusivity" in principle. It's precisely as important to have inclusivity in certain contexts as it is to have exclusivity--what is the idea behind "safe spaces" if not exclusivity? The bottom line is that we have to invest more in understanding each other and less in judging each other and putting one another in these labeled boxes--at least, if we want to fix our many problems in our culture and not simply comfort ourselves with the thought of being on the right side of them personally.

Thanks for reading.

RE: To understand the B4 community better - Elros - 12-17-2016

I voted for all of them because although they all hold unequal charges, I think the highest STO work will always remain to learn/teach all-encompassing acceptance that does not contain exceptions, while it remains to be understood that the all-encompassing aspect is the great learn/teaching. We work one lesson at a time, one facet of the self at a time and everything will be resolved and loved to have been exactly as it was. Your reality never is imperfect and will never not contain the aspects you reject for a time, the sole thing you can ever truly change is your own limited perspective of the love/light light/love that constitutes the whole of your reality. Once this is found, you can share these learnings to aleviate karma and transmute energy, to radiate balance upon imbalances and healing upon what is wounded.

Heavily charged discussions hints to a work of balancing and distilling heavily charged energy. It is truly well to have an open heart, but is that not simply the beginning of the path toward a balanced open heart? To the balanced entity no situation is emotionally charged and the sole response is love. This is what I seek, to find understanding and love for everything that is that which the Creator is and to share this found sight with those who also seek it or let others find this sight for themselves in their own ways.

I think that to narrow what can be discussed is to narrow the potential to heal what is awaiting to be healed. Of course then it's simply a matter of whether you send love or rejection to these energies, a quick analysis of the emotions you feel usually tells you what energy you are investing in your words. Anger, rage, disdain, mocking or even just feeling hurt are surely beautiful emotions of love but can't be said to be on the balanced positive sprectrum.

RE: To understand the B4 community better - Elros - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 12:02 PM)Glow Wrote:  I've recently learned to expand my energy out densely so I can feel only my own energy  when it gets to be to much. If you haven't learned that I highly recommend it. I'm so much less wounded.

You can crystalize that also, become the Sun.

RE: To understand the B4 community better - Diana - 12-17-2016

I think this may be efficacious for self/mind inquiry/revelation, but I also think in doing so it adds to separation simply by defining it as separate elements.

When something surfaces as a trigger that is the time to look at it as an observer of self, in my opinion. To focus on separation even within one's self seems to me to reinforce it. I think advocacy works negatively is this way sometimes, by keeping the separation alive. That is not to say that in 3D (or 4D as some think) Earth it's not necessary for society.

My working theory is to let things unfold organically, while having vision, intention, and as much clarity as possible regarding one's path of self. Staying openminded about self is vital to recognizing those triggers as they surface. Otherwise there is the risk of it all being just an intellectual exercise utilizing feelings which may have been filtered through the mind.

RE: To understand the B4 community better - Nicholas - 12-17-2016

Lying?

Angel

RE: To understand the B4 community better - BlatzAdict - 12-17-2016

how about what simply is and accepting that rather than trying to further categorize the self against other self.

either you are trying to control the situation, or you are trying to allow yourself and others to be amicable to you.

the yellow chakra is power and control over other selves for service to self, or it's surrender to the melting influence of love in service to others. just love... just love it's simple.. i love you..

be excellent to each other. hey you're different i'm not like you, heres my idea, let's hear yours, let's agree to disgree, expand your awareness or stay within imaginary self imposed boundaries that separate yourself between yourself and others.

the opinion that has the highest coherence to love doesn't always have the most logical common sense, otherwise you are trying to make finite out of something that is infinite.

(12-17-2016, 12:14 PM)Glow Wrote:  

I remember a member here, Tanner I think, who was saying he personally knew women who would like to experience a real sexual assault, seriously.  So that too should be acceptable, I do not believe anyone can go through such an experience without first accepting it before incarnation anyway.  But I still could not check mark that option.

“All, all of you players, each other-self, whatever your hand, I love you.”.  Well there is one card I still have a problem with, within this particular set of cards anyway, because I'm sure there are many more I would still have a problem accepting. Smile

(12-17-2016, 01:20 PM)jeremy6d Wrote:  ...there's a difference between accepting a condition and approving of it...

Extremely important difference yes.  Lots of the things I can accept, I would not put my own energy in supporting such choices if they were within my sphere of influence.

RE: To understand the B4 community better - Nicholas - 12-17-2016

(12-17-2016, 07:56 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  

Lying?

Angel

!!!???

The horror of realising that "sexual assault" was on the list!

My bad.

(12-17-2016, 07:56 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  

Lying?

Angel

Nope !  But of course I may be lying. Wink

Hi all Smile

just woke up (Australia) and see I need to clarify further...

I mean acceptable as in 'okay with you' not as in a broad metaphysical 'acceptance'.

so - acceptable to you

acceptable
əkˈsɛptəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: acceptable

able to be agreed on; suitable.

synonyms: welcome, appreciated; More
       pleasing, agreeable, delightful, desirable, satisfying, gratifying, to one's liking

antonyms: unwelcome, unsuitable, undesirable
   able to be tolerated or allowed.
   "pollution in the city had reached four times the acceptable level"
   synonyms: bearable, tolerable, allowable, admissible, supportable, sustainable, justifiable, defensible, defendable

NOT "acceptance" by you

acceptance
əkˈsɛpt(ə)ns/
noun
noun: acceptance; plural noun: acceptances

the action of consenting to receive or undertake something offered.
   the process or fact of being received as adequate, valid, or suitable.

synonyms: welcome, welcoming, favourable reception, embracing, embrace, approval, adoption, integration

agreement with or belief in an idea or explanation.

synonyms: credence (in), belief (in), trust (in), confidence (in), faith (in), reliance (on), dependence (on), traction;
       willingness to tolerate a difficult situation.
       "a mood of resigned acceptance"
       synonyms: toleration, endurance, sufferance, forbearance; putting up with
       "the acceptance of pain"

if you like I will post a new poll and we can start afresh... I see I haven't put 'murder' and a few more issues could be added so maybe we can expand it on a new one?

nb: for example I didn't tick Christianity or Islam because though I respect peoples right to follow them, adore Sufi Qawwali music and think Jesus was/is beautiful - I don't find them 'acceptable' in terms of the serious flaws within them philosophically, practically and sociologically - as well having no resonance to me personally as a result of these flaws.

It's complex and perhaps this isn't "nuanced enough" a poll... for example I have many family members who are devout Catholic (some even are nuns) and I respect their spiritual expression a lot. Some expressions I even like; but the Catholic church - and "Christianity" on the whole ? nope.

Has been responsible for so much pain, colonialism, abuse, homophobia and accumulation of wealth/greed.

Trigger warning!!!!
(12-17-2016, 08:04 PM)Patrick Wrote:  
(12-17-2016, 12:14 PM)Glow Wrote:  

I remember a member here, Tanner I think, who was saying he personally knew women who would like to experience a real sexual assault, seriously.  So that too should be acceptable, I do not believe anyone can go through such an experience without first accepting it before incarnation anyway.  But I still could not check mark that option.

“All, all of you players, each other-self, whatever your hand, I love you.”.  Well there is one card I still have a problem with, within this particular set of cards anyway, because I'm sure there are many more I would still have a problem accepting. Smile

Me too, I know two men who were raped as boys and I endured stuff as a kid. I don't doubt it was preincarnative. Clearly I was intending to be destroyed in every way before putting myself back together. Still I couldn't check that box either. I'd like to just not know what some endure.

Google rape and the Congo sometime. I heard a radio documentary one day that shocked me. Most women are raped a minimum of three times, to the point women are so psychologically hurt they start gang raping each other with sticks to destroy each other's insides.... it's such brutality.

I hope that catylist will not be necissary for much longer.

(12-17-2016, 09:47 PM)SMC Wrote:  nb: for example I didn't tick Christianity or Islam because though I respect peoples right to follow them, adore Sufi Qawwali music and think Jesus was/is beautiful - I don't find them 'acceptable' in terms of the serious flaws within them philosophically, practically and sociologically - as well having no resonance to me personally as a result of these flaws.

It's complex and perhaps this isn't "nuanced enough" a poll... for example I have many family members who are devout Catholic (some even are nuns) and I respect their spiritual expression a lot. Some expressions I even like; but the Catholic church - and "Christianity" on the whole ? nope.

Has been responsible for so much pain, colonialism, abuse, homophobia and accumulation of wealth/greed.

I think it might just be too complex to poll. I thought the same issues of religion but i also see it as the wading pool to spirituality. People are first introduced to an imperfect system that introduces them to the consept of divinity... I can't cast that out. It's imperfect but everything is both perfect and imperfect.

Hi Glow - that post probably needs a trigger warning as I'm now wanting to curl into a ball with physical visceral reactions to the imagery Sad

I think I need to create this poll again with added issues and clearer explanation of what I mean.

My idea was to: *for example* see what percentage of B4 are homophobic (as we have had homophobia here recently and it resulted in a member leaving).

(12-17-2016, 03:40 PM)Minyatur Wrote:  
(12-17-2016, 12:02 PM)Glow Wrote:  I've recently learned to expand my energy out densely so I can feel only my own energy  when it gets to be to much. If you haven't learned that I highly recommend it. I'm so much less wounded.

You can crystalize that also, become the Sun.
By that DJ you mean make it permanent?
I haven't decided if that is the right move yet.
I've experienced telepathy I think partially because I'm like a screen door and let others energy in most of the time. I wonder if that would be lost.

If a friend is really down I generally feel it and contact them, at times though it will be to much when I'm trying to sleep or something so that's an instance when I expand my energy densly. I like being tuned in though. I have had a few start believing in spirit because they notice I always call or text to check in on them when they are down.