Bring4th
Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Spiritual Development & Metaphysical Matters (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Transition to Fourth Density (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) (/showthread.php?tid=14393)

Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Steppingfeet - 04-19-2017

As a result of a visit to a US city named Asheville, and reading the work of Charles Eisenstein, it became clear to me that the work of fourth density is being and will be birthed through the efforts of those on the ground, in the illusion. To the extent that that work meets resistance or regressive reaction, then the progress of fourth density’s birth is impeded, retarded, and made difficult. (Turn to the news to see examples of the latter category in action.)

How do we relate to this moment? Are we here to get involved? 

Some thoughts from Ra on this point:
  • Questioner: Then what will be the time of transition on this planet from third to fourth density?

Ra: I am Ra. This is difficult to estimate due to the uncharacteristic anomalies of this transition. There are at this space/time nexus beings incarnate which have begun fourth-density work. However, the third-density climate of planetary consciousness is retarding the process. At this particular nexus the possibility/probability vortices indicate somewhere between 100 and 700 of your years as transition period. This cannot be accurate due to the volatility of your peoples at this space/time. – 40.8
  • The energies of your Wanderers, your teachers, and your adepts at this time are all bent upon increasing the harvest. – 13.23
  • Questioner: How many of them are incarnate on Earth now?
    Ra: I am Ra. The number is approximate due to an heavy influx of those birthed at this time due to an intensive need to lighten the planetary vibration and thus aid in harvest. The number [in 1981] approaches sixty-five million. – 12.27
  • Ra: I am Ra. It was the aim of Wanderers to serve the entities of this planet in whatever way was requested and it was also the aim of Wanderers that their vibratory patterns might lighten the planetary vibration as a whole, thus ameliorating the effects of planetary disharmony and palliating any results of this disharmony. – 65.11

And a most powerful way one could help with the actual birth of fourth density:
  • Ra: When the positive adept touches intelligent infinity from within, this is the most powerful of connections for it is the connection of the whole mind/body/spirit complex microcosm with the macrocosm. This connection enables the, shall we say, green-ray true color in time/space to manifest in your time/space. In green ray thoughts are beings. In your illusion this is normally not so.

The adepts then become living channels for love and light and are able to channel this radiance directly into the planetary web of energy nexi. The ritual will always end by the grounding of this energy in praise and thanksgiving and the release of this energy into the planetary whole. 50.9

And the Q’uote from a recent channeling I hang onto:

• Q’uo: We will not say that the birth will be easy. It is sufficiently clear now that it will not. There will be dark times, there will be confusion, there will be many opportunities to turn away your eyes in despair as you gaze upon the deeds of your fellow human beings. Know, however, that you are an unquenchable source of love. That is the gift that you bring to the party, so to speak. And when you join with another, your gift is redoubled, and redoubled again with the addition of each new soul that joins with you.

So you begin your song silently, perhaps it bubbles up within your heart, and makes its way to your very lips, whereupon it becomes a melody which inspires a memory, another to sing along with you; and when the song becomes a chorus, and when it begins to fill the ears and the minds and the hearts of one more whose memory resonates with this song, that energy complex will begin to vibrate differently, will begin to vibrate as a social memory complex, and then, at that point, you will be well on your way towards entering a new dawn of experience. It is the dawn that awaits you, it is the dawn that lies on the other side of this darkness. The darkness can be seen as impediment, or the darkness can be seen as prelude to this dawn. As we have suggested, the choice is yours. You are creatures of free will, you are creatures each of infinite worth, and it is our hope for you, and it is our confidence in you, that you will find your way.

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - sjel - 04-19-2017

Great post, it touched and dissolved a little node of pessimism that had been growing in my stomach.

I've always wondered about how Ra said "This cannot be accurate due to the volatility of your peoples." They gave a 600 year window of variation for the transition. How much less accurate can the prediction be? 50-1000 years, potentially? Or maybe their lack of concrete prediction managed to point out just how difficult and volatile our world is.

(04-19-2017, 05:16 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: o Questioner: Then what will be the time of transition on this planet from third to fourth density?

Ra: I am Ra. This is difficult to estimate due to the uncharacteristic anomalies of this transition. There are at this space/time nexus beings incarnate which have begun fourth-density work. However, the third-density climate of planetary consciousness is retarding the process. At this particular nexus the possibility/probability vortices indicate somewhere between 100 and 700 of your years as transition period. This cannot be accurate due to the volatility of your peoples at this space/time. – 40.8

Another thing. Contacting intelligent infinity seems ever so far from my grasp. I feel like a baby looking up to the prime achievement of being able to dunk a basketball. Of course, there is that Yoga Sutra that says something like: "the dedicated student progresses rapidly."

Any words as to how to view intelligent infinity from the perspective of one for whom it feels so far away?

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - AnthroHeart - 04-20-2017

(04-19-2017, 11:38 PM)sjel Wrote: Any words as to how to view intelligent infinity from the perspective of one for whom it feels so far away?

I usually hear the words "stop trying so hard."

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - APeacefulWarrior - 04-20-2017

Quote:Any words as to how to view intelligent infinity from the perspective of one for whom it feels so far away?

Step one: Stop telling yourself it's far away. Smile

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Steppingfeet - 04-20-2017

(04-19-2017, 11:38 PM)sjel Wrote: Another thing. Contacting intelligent infinity seems ever so far from my grasp. I feel like a baby looking up to the prime achievement of being able to dunk a basketball. Of course, there is that Yoga Sutra that says something like: "the dedicated student progresses rapidly."

Any words as to how to view intelligent infinity from the perspective of one for whom it feels so far away?

The start of my response would be along the lines of what IGW and APW offered. Its seeming distance is an illusion of optics. It is akin to asking what is the distance to here? Or the time to now?

Nothing could be closer to you.

Insofar as words and concepts can be applied to this situation, intelligent infinity is not (ultimately) a thing, a force, or an object outside of you. It is rather your innermost you. It is who you are.

But . . . there is indeed an illusory structure of self that cannot be negated or bypassed. We must work within this illusory structure: clearing, activating, opening, balancing the energy centers. And that work is done by way of the material of our day-to-day lives. Love, forgiveness, acceptance, surrender, these are all the synonymous means of doing that work.

And to the extent that we identify with the individual and/or separate self, there seems to be a relationship with intelligent infinity.

Despair not, though. Intelligent infinity is with you in your orange ray blockage, your yellow ray difficulty, the job you don't like or the depression you can't shake. It is ever awaiting, ever present. The work is yours to do.

Love is the key. Wisdom is the discernment. Faith is the bridge. Will, the two feet walking.

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Infinite Unity - 04-20-2017

Be humble and thankful throughout everyday. Have hope in the illuminated moment, and find true joy and happiness as your true intent for other selves. Find the flow of energy of the heart chakra, it is a subtle but very apparent energy. You can feel when you are flowing out at the heart.

My personal opinion would be to stop focusing on indigo and contact, and refocusing on the heart and down. This is where alot of work resides for instruments here. If you can 'clear' the lower triad and enter the heart. I would focus at the heart instead of immediately proceeding further upwards. Under these..circumstances.. Your going to want those lower triad as clear and flowing as possible. There will never cease to be random catalyst from the wheel of fortune to the lower triad, in this incarnation. However once a certain threshold of growth, crystalization, or whoever you wish to call it, is met. How you view these catalyst will change. Ty will no longer be catalyst. But recognized as communication and communication from macro to micro in a sub logoic to sub sub logos viewpoint.

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Diana - 04-20-2017

This is a question I think we all deal with on a daily basis. And every situation seems to bring up different considerations. Some thoughts:

Of utmost importance is reinventing one's view of the world. Most of us have no idea how indoctrinated we are into the present worldview. (This aligns with Eisenstein's changing the story). To do this, in my opinion, it requires detaching from the media, which is constantly reinforcing its version of reality (which may range from spin to sensationalism to fantasy), and is not only melodrama (newstainment), but is severely limited by present-day human/society thinking. It's difficult to resist the pressure of mass consciousness—like swimming upstream. But without a view outside of the mainstream, there is no real truth, and without truth, there is no way to participate without being actually caught up in the drama.

An example of this would be political involvement. And the difficulty is where to draw the line. I do think some individuals are here to be human system busters, or activists, creating great rifts to break up the rigidity of the way things have been done; but this involvement is enmeshed with humankind and human karma, and I think one must be very clear about this path both for free will considerations and one's own path. In the political arena, and especially considering this past U.S. presidential election, it's imperative to step outside the box to get to truth. There is a system in place. The system is corrupt. That much I think everyone knows by now. So now one may decide whether to be an activist or detached but compassionate. Both positions may accomplish the same goal—change—but the intentions and processes are different. 

Being detached but compassionate may differ in various situations. During the election, when many people were either in vengeful or fearful mindsets, what I did was to respond with diffusing possibilities and ideas based on the larger truths. A good "democrat" friend was in fear (of Trump winning), and when I spoke with her I attempted to introduce some larger views and less judgmental perceptions. This was what was before me in my life, as though it was laid in my path. It is analogous to coming upon an injured person who had been shot and helping that person, as opposed to chasing down the perpetrators to punish them or attempting to subdue such crime by making guns illegal.

It's more, to me, like being a support system for this world. It's difficult in the extreme, as there is so much suffering. I try to do things that add to the "light" rather than remove the "darkness." An example in my world is the suffering of horses where I live in the desert. No matter where I drive I see them. I now do a visualization created here in a thread instead of being overwhelmed by sadness, which goes out to the world as all thought, action, and emotions do; and may even help to mitigate or shift in some tiny way the total consciousness perpetuating this situation. And I am also exploring a way to get free shade structures available for any horse owners who don't have them (not to force it on them but to offer it). The activist way would be to change the laws, which offer almost no protection for these animals.

So the idea of a detached but compassionate perspective is, in my opinion, to keep one's involvement on the side of positive thought and action. I don't mean cheerful, or forced affirmation-like words or thinking. I mean, first, detached enough to be out of the drama, and then focused on helping, not complaining, judging, or being overwhelmed by the sadness. It's not easy.

So what I did in the election, beyond responding to fear and judgments from acquaintances with a view of a larger picture, was to vote for bigger ideas and possibilities—the green party. It was skating on the edge of political possibilities, but I felt it added to the consciousness of positive change outside of conventional thinking. Whether I'm right about this or not is not as important in my mind as enlarging the human picture, and also representing some basic truths outside of politics such as care for this planet, not just for people.

What I am putting out there is what I am adding to the world. Though I often would like to "take away" suffering, I try (with great effort and often difficulty) and stay focused on how I can help in the most efficacious way for this veiled and confused world, while taking into consideration the general idea of free will. I take it one choice at a time.

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 04-20-2017

I'm rather content with the idea that simply focusing on living my life is the necessary thing I need to do to help Earth and The Harvest.

I shouldn't get so caught up in what I want to do, and should just start building the experiences of the future by making it there through the present.  Just be, keep trying.  Do what you feel you're called to do.

Don't get caught up in the metaphysics of it all, its dense and unknown with ripe information we will never know, ever, ever ever know.  Ever.

...Just Be and Enjoy, that's how many can contribute, no action towards Earth is needed if you don't feel called to it.
Just being loving is enough to change the world, one person at a time...

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - ScottK - 04-22-2017

(04-19-2017, 05:16 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: As a result of a visit to a US city named Asheville, and reading the work of Charles Eisenstein, it became clear to me that the work of fourth density is being and will be birthed through the efforts of those on the ground, in the illusion. To the extent that that work meets resistance or regressive reaction, then the progress of fourth density’s birth is impeded, retarded, and made difficult. (Turn to the news to see examples of the latter category in action.)

How do we relate to this moment? Are we here to get involved? 

Hi Gary. I'm gonna say yes Smile

I think a good allegory for when we know the transition to a 4th density societal structure is happening would be when community vegetable and holistic health herb gardens start popping up all over. And these gardens would not spring up as a result of government, but rather the people and communities of people would do it themselves by necessity. Neighbors would work together, problems would be resolved, troublemakers would be identified, artificial divisions which have been created would go away. People would truly learn how to become creators together.

Currently, given the structure of the society, there's little incentive for such an undertaking by the average person. "Authority" and "Financialization" have snuffed out average people working like this.

With regard to "Authority" - "Authority" markets itself through the creation of turmoil and division. If you create the conditions for greater crime and greater division, the people demand an "Authority" to help create peace because of fear. And if you have turmoil, people don't want to work together - they instead want to turn inward. This is the darkside of the term "diversity", as "diversity" creates some level of natural turmoil which then requires "Authority".

The "Financialization" of society has turned the practice of growing vegetables and herbs into a commodity business. The average person can't afford to grow there own stuff because a megafarm in California or Argentina can do it way cheaper (with GMO's and harmful Pesticides), and they are more worried about paying their mortgage or rent anyway given the truly crazy prices of real estate these days.

When "Authority" and "Financialization" begin to have challenges, it's really "game on". At that point, a good person who can shine their light and is skilled at uniting people can really make a difference. In a sense Gary, your job now is to help the legions prepare themselves. Meanwhile, the legions, who don't wish to participate in "Financialization" and "Authority" are being honed by struggle and hardship. If it was easy, anyone could do it.. Smile

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - native - 04-22-2017

How did you like Asheville? I went there to check out an herbalism program I was going to enroll in. My favorite memories were eating wild blueberries on the blue ridge, and dancing to some electro/tribal/funk band in an open-air bar at night while someone hawked vegetables out on the sidewalk. For as much attention as Asheville gets though..it is tiny, I was kinda shocked really.

Rather than repeat ideas that have already been said..I'm a huge believer in laughter and playfulness. The energetics of modern culture tends to be one-sided towards seriousness, and one of the easiest ways to balance that and invoke the positive is to always have fun. But from your posts, I know you know that Smile

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Jeremy - 04-23-2017

Before I comment, I wanted to get some clarification. Are you stating that these quote are geared towards birthing 4th density for those currently incarnated or simply assisting this sphere in becoming 4th density for its next inhabitants?

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Sacred Fool - 04-23-2017

(04-19-2017, 05:16 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: How do we relate to this moment? Are we here to get involved?  

Hey, old Bean, did you notice that this is your post #666?  Hmmm???

Other than that silly note, all I can do is respond with textbook answers to your observations...and I would not want to bore you with that.  

But maybe I could share my technique-du-jour for expanding my consciousness?

I'm doing as suggested in a Q'uo session and asking for help from my guidance when I rise up and every minute thereafter until sleep.  Well, naturally I miss a few here and there <ahem>.  I do find this helps me feel more rounded outwardly (meaning: expansive) and more open to the inter-connectedness of different "dimensions."  Also, begging for help on a continual basis, I find, puts me in frame of mind to be far more helpful to others than I ordinarily would be.

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - rva_jeremy - 04-25-2017

Whether or not we recognize our involvement or the fruits thereof is immaterial. If we are here to get involved and do something, perhaps it is inappropriate to therefore assume that we'd be able to understand how and/or why. I always return to faith on these matters since it seems as obvious as a brick wall: we don't have the perspective to evaluate any of this.

Even if we look at the political situation, the twentieth century is an abject lesson in unintended consequences, and how a bit of distance from events yields a much more satisfying narrative than the mess of particulars and details that comprises current events. I truly believe that we can only relate to this moment through knowing ourselves better, so that we can be historical actors even though we don't have that historical perspective, so that we can make a difference without losing ourselves in the process.

We have to cultivate that competency of acting from a position of love that compensates for our lack of overview.

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Patrick - 04-26-2017

Well, I'm not here to fix it. Wink

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - BlatzAdict - 04-27-2017

love by itself does not grow a healthy plant, it still needs action and effort as well as that love. otherwise one can argue that you do not have to ever trim, or water your plants. that is why Law of One is about love and light, not only love and not only light.

similarly one does not just love a child, a healthy parent understands the necessity of having enough food for them, obtaining clothing for them, and being there for them emotionally... that's not love... thats love in application. that is light impressed by love.

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Eddie - 04-30-2017

I don't own or use a cell phone.

I pay no attention to anything on "mainstream" media, news or otherwise.

I raise a large garden and share vegetables with family and friends.

I plant some things just for the bees.

I attend Homecoming.

I try to be loving and compassionate toward all those (human and otherwise) I encounter in my life.

We may feel lowly and overridden, but our humble actions may have a great cumulative effect.  Take joy in the fact that you are here, now, and do the best you can.

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Steppingfeet - 05-03-2017

(04-22-2017, 10:26 AM)ScottK Wrote: I think a good allegory for when we know the transition to a 4th density societal structure is happening would be when community vegetable and holistic health herb gardens start popping up all over.

Charles Eisenstein described how that when the center loses its hold or altogether collapses, that which was formerly considered fringe has the opportunity (paraphrasing heavily here) to reach people and offer alternatives.

(04-22-2017, 11:37 AM)Icaro Wrote: How did you like Asheville? I went there to check out an herbalism program I was going to enroll in. My favorite memories were eating wild blueberries on the blue ridge, and dancing to some electro/tribal/funk band in an open-air bar at night while someone hawked vegetables out on the sidewalk.

Oh my God, Austin, Jim, my wife and I went there and fell in love with the town. We were there for a short weekend, no open-air dancing to electro/tribal/funk (though a friend played similar music), but we spoke to a growing Law of One study group of 30+ people, ate delicious food, met wonderful people, and experience a glimmer of a new cultural, spiritual paradigm taking root. We came home feeling that we had glimpsed something of an embryonic beginning of fourth density light. (Presumably one of multiple such places taking shape around the globe.)
Unfortunately we didn’t get up onto the Blue Ridge but I have been there some years ago. Gorgeous, soul-feeding scenery. Western North Carolina in general is a beautiful place.

(04-23-2017, 11:32 AM)Jeremy Wrote: Before I comment, I wanted to get some clarification. Are you stating that these quote are geared towards birthing 4th density for those currently incarnated or simply assisting this sphere in becoming 4th density for its next inhabitants?

Oh, there was no timeline implied. It was only to suggest that we are here now to assist with and literally participate in the birthing of fourth density. When it manifests? Per my understanding that happens when and as the climate of planetary consciousness can align itself with the vibrations of fourth density. The news tends to says that planetary consciousness is currently aggressive, divisive, partisan, afraid, hostile, money-oriented, and so forth. That’s not the whole story, of course, but if it’s any indicator, then there is still, shall we say, plenty of work to do. : )

(04-23-2017, 10:05 PM)peregrine Wrote: Hey, old Bean, did you notice that this is your post #666?  Hmmm???

Yes, it is of such interest and significance that I wish to scratch your long beard for you in a prolonged moment of hmmmm as I ponder this deep and consequential mystery.

: )
(04-23-2017, 10:05 PM)peregrine Wrote: But maybe I could share my technique-du-jour for expanding my consciousness?
I'm doing as suggested in a Q'uo session and asking for help from my guidance when I rise up and every minute thereafter until sleep.  Well, naturally I miss a few here and there <ahem>.  I do find this helps me feel more rounded outwardly (meaning: expansive) and more open to the inter-connectedness of different "dimensions."  Also, begging for help on a continual basis, I find, puts me in frame of mind to be far more helpful to others than I ordinarily would be.

Sounds like a helpful practice. Really. You may remember meeting Julie at Homecoming. She has tasked herself with something similar, but instead of asking for guidance first thing upon waking, her mission is to smile as soon as she can. Like you, she feels this develops an orientation.

I would like to make a practice like that myself. Right now my very first task in the morning is to gather every ounce of strength I have to not hit the snooze button for another ten minutes of sleep.

And Eddie, we have not received any of your leafy greens in a while, but Trish and I have launched our first garden this year! Getting some help from Austin and Fox. So far some red russian kale, broccoli, spinach, and plenty of weeds.

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Steppingfeet - 05-03-2017

(04-20-2017, 01:19 PM)Diana Wrote: Of utmost importance is reinventing one's view of the world. Most of us have no idea how indoctrinated we are into the present worldview. (This aligns with Eisenstein's changing the story).

We can't of course divorce ourselves from the world, nor erase it out of our skin. Just as our body is made of this Earth, so too much of our outer identity or personality is constituted of the societal, culture, historical context here. It is this context which we came to love and to transform. We mustn’t become unmoored, out of touch, unable to relate to others, and unable to navigate the world.

But if that sounds like I’m disagreeing, I’m not. I agree 100%. Here I am spending over half my life studying cosmic philosophy as far removed from the container of consensus reality as it comes, but otherwise unconsciously living by the world’s standards. It was Eisenstein’s The More Beautiful World that helped to make visible the invisible programs still running in me.

(04-20-2017, 01:19 PM)Diana Wrote: To do this, in my opinion, it requires detaching from the media, which is constantly reinforcing its version of reality (which may range from spin to sensationalism to fantasy), and is not only melodrama (newstainment), but is severely limited by present-day human/society thinking. It's difficult to resist the pressure of mass consciousness—like swimming upstream. But without a view outside of the mainstream, there is no real truth, and without truth, there is no way to participate without being actually caught up in the drama.

Well said!

I’m of mixed opinion about the place of media in the life of spiritual seeking. I can attest to your premise of its programming-like nature. Not that it’s necessarily intentional, but it is communicating and even selling a worldview, whether with sincerity of belief, or agenda of social engineering, or the commercial strategy of creating consumers. Whatever the intent, there is a paradigm in the message that’s telling you who you are, what life is, what human objectives ought to be, how we should relate to one another, what is of value, what is of priority, etc.

This is not to place responsibility for the self on an external source, just to point to the insidious influence the chorus of separation may visit upon the self.
I have been more tuned into the news than ever in recent months but as of a couple of days ago decided to take a sabbatical from news the same as I did from social media. I need to create the space for the new story to be born within me. I know that I can serve the world more powerfully by finding that which is true within me rather than to have my attention taken up by the outer drama.

Not to speak denigratingly about that drama. Many suffer. Many fight the good fight. And virtually all of us participate in it on some level; the world is ultimately not outside of us. It is just that that deeper, inner work simply requires a quality/quantity of time, energy, focus. That requires a letting go of the distractions. A simplifying of the life. A discipline.

I hope I move in that direction.

It is good to know that the planet is shared with those who would offer shade to the sun-beaten horses. : )

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - rva_jeremy - 05-04-2017

(04-20-2017, 01:19 PM)Diana Wrote: Of utmost importance is reinventing one's view of the world. Most of us have no idea how indoctrinated we are into the present worldview. (This aligns with Eisenstein's changing the story). To do this, in my opinion, it requires detaching from the media, which is constantly reinforcing its version of reality (which may range from spin to sensationalism to fantasy), and is not only melodrama (newstainment), but is severely limited by present-day human/society thinking. It's difficult to resist the pressure of mass consciousness—like swimming upstream. But without a view outside of the mainstream, there is no real truth, and without truth, there is no way to participate without being actually caught up in the drama.

I totally agree that an outside perspective is to be cherished.  Carl Jung made a very similar point in The Undiscovered Self about how only the perspective of divinity and spirituality could ground a person and give him agency in a world of competing, totally engrossing ideologies that seem to make the individual smaller and less relevant.

When I was growing up, there were years and years where my parents did not allow us to watch broadcast TV.  Now, I would be the first to say this could not have helped but redound to my benefit in countless ways.  However, there was one sense in which I believe it was truly a detriment: by cutting me off from the distraction, it placed me outside the orbit of the cultural moment to a certain extent.  And this impacted my ability to relate to my peers, creating quite a bit of isolation.  My parents also fed me a strict macrobiotic diet for much of that time, and again, such a benefit, but also an isolating factor.

I don't think any of what I'm saying contradicts your point, Diana.  Even further, I think we'd both agree that an adult making the decision to isolate herself from these distractions and unhealthy activities has a different charge than a child having these decisions made for her.  With all that said, however, I think media does have the ability to create a shared cultural milieu in which common ground, however trivial or questionable, can be found and built upon.

It's a fine line, isn't it?  On the one hand, we come here to third density to get swept up in it, as it were.  If we were completely detached, we would be constantly alien to others -- and indeed, Ra does describe this as the experience of the adept.  But without the self-knowledge that accompanies adepthood, can we say that that alienation is an unqualified good?  So on the other hand, we can't get too swept up or we fall into the morass of utter distraction, in spite of the calling of our heart, and find ourselves alternately swimming upstream and giving up and letting it wash over us.

I suppose this all returns me to the viewpoint that there is no set in stone rule of conduct here.  All things are appropriate in their time.  Now with all that said, I can tell you that I have been increasingly isolating myself from media, especially news and social media.  Even in terms of the priorities of our illusion-wrapt society, the information stream has just gone off the charts on the noise to signal ratio.  I hesitate to think of one place I can go where information can be consumed without having to exert such a gargantuan effort to discriminate.  

To illustrate this point: I listen to a podcast where the host related that so much of the minute-to-minute news of the past months has been of very little consequence. Meanwhile, with the perspective of a month's hindsight, the contours of the genuinely important developments are much clearer.  The news cycle has become so fast and furious that it no longer really serves our interests in synthesizing information into an actionable response.  The host mused that maybe we'll move back to the monthly news magazine, since that might be a better unit to use in consuming current events to let those too current and too unproven in their importance to not occlude those events of more importance.  Just a thought!

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Eddie - 05-04-2017

(05-03-2017, 10:49 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: And Eddie, we have not received any of your leafy greens in a while, but Trish and I have launched our first garden this year! Getting some help from Austin and Fox. So far some red russian kale, broccoli, spinach, and plenty of weeds.

Well, I wish you were here.  We have so much spinach we're struggling to process it (too much to eat at once).

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - xise - 05-04-2017

On a kind of related note of expanding one's perspective, if indeed the transition to 4d is gradual as in taking more than a generation, this forum could very well become a key part of a future archive used by those to learn about the conditions and struggles and confusion around the time of the beginning of the transition for 3d to 4d earth...kind of funny to think about.

RE: Are We Here To Get Involved? (Birthing Fourth Density) - Eddie - 05-05-2017

(05-04-2017, 11:18 PM)xise Wrote: On a kind of related note of expanding one's perspective, if indeed the transition to 4d is gradual as in taking more than a generation, this forum could very well become a key part of a future archive used by those to learn about the conditions and struggles and confusion around the time of the beginning of the transition for 3d to 4d earth...kind of funny to think about.

That occurred to me the instant the creation of this forum was announced back in...when was it, 2008?  I contributed a lot in the early years of the forum, hoping that someone would find it useful some day.

We are assuming, of course, that the medium of storage/transmission used now, will still be in use in the future (does anyone here remember, and still use, 6 1/2" floppy discs?). There is a chance that we will be forgotten quickly as a result of technological displacement.