Bring4th
General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes (/showthread.php?tid=14656)

General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - Bring4th_Austin - 07-12-2017

I'm going through a personal experience that I hope to springboard into a more general discussion. To briefly describe the situation:

A month and a half ago, I had some odd bug-bite looking bumps start showing up on my arms and legs. I looked everywhere for a source of bug bites but found none. They kept getting worse and worse, and I decided that they weren't bug bites once I went on an out-of-state trip and they continued to appear. Eventually, they turned into a red rash in some places, simply raised skin bumps in other places. It was very itchy at first but then calmed down.

When it went away I was very relieved. It stayed away until this morning, I woke up to find that the same sort of bumps/rash reappeared on my hand and some patches on my fingers and, much to my dismay, on my face.

Any practical advice (i.e. traditional, physical health advice) would be appreciated, but please only post such in the thread here: https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=14655

I'm looking to discuss any metaphysical dynamics behind skin conditions such as rashes. The first time it appeared, I connected it to mental catalyst of feeling uncomfortable in my surroundings (I was anxious about being among a group of strangers, which was then compounded by the fact that I had a very noticeable wide-spread rash). I was "uncomfortable in my own skin," so to speak. A while after I worked with this catalyst mentally, the rash cleared up (but it seemed to fit the natural cycle of the rash anyways).

I can't think of any recent emotional or mental catalyst that would coincide with my mindset from when it first appeared. Has anyone heard of any metaphysical explanations for such rashes? Or perhaps any guidance or tips for figuring out exactly what the metaphysical dynamics might be? I will keep operating on the assumption that it has to do with me feeling uncomfortable being myself, but something tells me that there's more to it.

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - Jade - 07-12-2017

I'm pretty sure the skin corresponds to yellow ray. It is the barrier that separates what we perceive to be as the "self" from all that is perceived as other than the self.

The symbolic gestures that has helped me immensely relate to removing a lot of chemical toxins from my environment. I think it's effective to try to eat organic, avoid harsh chemical cleaners and fragrances and other endocrine disrupters. Though, this is harder than it sounds - just watched The Human Experiment on Netflix, it doesn't paint an optimistic picture about the toxic triggers in the environment.

Now I feel like this belongs in the other thread, lol. But I think my point here is that even small, simple gestures that show care for the self in a harsh environment might help, regarding the irritated integument.

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - Glow - 07-12-2017

The only time I've dealt consciously with skin issues it was a pattern of getting 2-4 pimples on otherwise clear skin, always the day after seeing a certain friend. They had/have some extreme catalyst in their life that was never processed so it always effected me poorly being around him.

I always knew going in that he would screw me up for days, sometimes weeks but I kept going. At the time I saw it as abandonment of self, I wasn't nurturing my self by subjecting myself to this repeated behavior when I was equipped to deal with it. I did it though because he needed me.

Ive grown enough he no longer has that effect so no more pimples after I see him. lol

I know that doesn't really relate to your stranger experience, it does sort of meld with Jades "yellow ray - self" suggestion I think though. Your discomfort in your own skin could be a rejection of self... maybe, I'm not exactly sure what you felt. Smile

Are you sure the old catalyst was fully processed until the emotional charge was gone? Lots of this stuff gets stored.
What would happen if the exact scenario presented itself again?

Would it inspire the same feelings? If so its not dealt with fully.
If not perhaps just acknowledging how far you have come would be enough to release it?

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - YinYang - 07-13-2017

I’m gonna have a go at this, but it might be a little difficult to explain. I can only convey it through explaining my own “mindset” these days…. although I don’t think it comes from the mind, I sense it has its origin elsewhere… lol… I knew this was going to be difficult to explain, but let me attempt it anyway.

A philosopher I listen to often, said one day “pretend you’re dead, then you have nothing to lose”. He said it in a certain context of course, almost as an afterthought, maybe for anyone listening who might not have “understood” what he was trying to convey. It was a pedagogical trick, if you may, but it worked.

I’m going with what you said with regard to being uncomfortable in certain situations, which of course applies to all of us at some point or another. The talk mixed in Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Zen, Christianity… all of it, but I knew what he meant, it kind of hit me. Something in this has to do with faith, that much misunderstood concept, which for me personally is almost the “holy grail” in the Ra material. On my first read of it, I could not understand why they said to Carla “There is no necessity for negative thought-forms regardless of pain distortions.” I thought to myself… how on earth is that even possible? Needless to say, it made a huge impression on me, and I thought of it often.

I’m not sure exactly if it is just a culmination of everything I have ever read, contemplated, meditated upon, insights I had, all my experiences, all the messes I got myself into, all the dead-ends… hearing the same mysterious things over and over again, rattling about in my head and then finally falling into place…

It’s a complete letting go, and it’s the most freeing thing in the world. It’s faith, or at least the closest I have come to it. I don’t know if I’m making any sense, you know that these things can’t be explained in words. Words are just so inefficient and clumsy. Even rereading what I have written so far, I can see I’m not getting it across. I don’t know if it’s the “void” that you so often encounter in Eastern religions, but it’s almost a complete disregard for the self, and “disregard” is the best English word I can think of. I know it’s what Buddha meant with “detachment”, and even detachment is a poor word choice.

You pretend you don’t exist, you’re already dead, and you lose all attachment to outcome. Nothing is serious anymore, nothing matters. “Gain” or “loss” is all the same, illusory… He gave the advice to Westerners specifically, because it’s so difficult for Westerners to grasp the concept.

Joel Goldsmith once tried to convey the same concept in one of his talks “all the silver in the world is mine”. There can be no ownership. You are the Creator, and the creator is all, every single one, then ownership is the strangest concept, because all is “owned” by all.

It’s maybe the last few months that these changes started happening in me. It’s a complete letting go, nothing is serious. I am doing something at the moment (starting a new company), and everything just flows, there are no obstacles in the road. Sometimes it amazes me. How can it be this easy? I just smile and say thank you... you, me, everyone... let's play. I just do what I do, without regard to outcome. Death is not serious to me, not my own or anyone else’s. I just let go… is that faith? It’s all a game to me, I came here to play. When I go into situations which previously would have made me tense, there is just nothing there, because I’m “dead”. I see how people worry, and I wish I could convey to them “this thing”. I try, and I fail. There is no place to hide, but you don’t need to hide.

Some mornings I wake up, and I have this “sensation”, I can only describe it as freedom. Guilt has fallen off me, there is no past, no future. It feels so good. I tried to explain it to my friend who shares my apartment with me, and she looked at me as if I was crazy. But even as the words came out of my mouth, I knew I was messing it up. It’s ineffable. I trust myself, I trust others, I trust the world… The sensation dissipates gradually as the morning goes on.

It’s a complete letting go, Austin. It’s maybe “faith”, what do I know? I can only guess you’re holding on to something maybe, a certain desire, a certain outcome. Do what you do for the love of it, and let the chips fall where they may. Stop worrying, this is a benevolent universe.

I have kind of been putting myself out there with this post, I don’t know if it will make any sense. It comes and goes at this point, when it comes, and I want to grasp it, it slips away, and when I let go, it returns...

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - Diana - 07-13-2017

I'm a bit more practical. Two things:

1. I know a handful of people who have had odd rashes like the one you describe that don't go away or reoccur during the last few months. The remarkable part of this is I don't stay in touch with much more than that handful. This makes me think there is some external influence, though even if this were the case the expression of an outside agent would manifest in a weak or vulnerable part of the body, or a part carrying a message to the conscious self. If it were me, on the physiological side I would be looking at strengthening the skin with appropriate food and supplements. Skin is an elimination organ, so I would also be thinking to cleanse the body of toxins. An easy way to start this process is supplement with spirulina.

2. The skin is both protection for and identity of the physical self. Your skin is outward appearance. I was told by a psychic friend that the skin and kidneys were related, and had to do with feelings about self. I might open my thoughts to my feelings about my self and my outward appearance to the world, and just see what spontaneously surfaces.

The thing I use for almost most skin anomalies is castor oil. Castor oil is known as the "palm of Christ" because of its healing properties. Oregano essential oil is amazing for fungal rashes, and also can be taken internally for urinary tract infections (some drops in a glass of water). Essential oils are concentrated botanicals and should be used with a carrier oil on the skin, so I usually use castor oil, but jojoba or vitamin E oil are good and absorb better while castor oil is rather "sticky."

Personally, I think almost any nurturing, caring, proactive attention to an issue starts the healing process, because it proceeds from love and not fear. It's natural to feel worried (fear) when things manifest that don't reflect what we think of as health; but when we don't focus on the worry and love that part of ourselves with care, things usually resolve. As for underlying emotional or metaphysical causes, outward manifestation is a last-ditch effort to get our attention so to speak, so in lieu of getting to the root which is often enigmatic, we can work backwards by accepting the condition and nurturing it with love, as worrying and fear will block the energy. Easier said than done, but I find being proactive always lessens fear and breaks the inertia and blockages.

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - Bring4th_Austin - 07-13-2017

(07-12-2017, 03:04 PM)Bring4th_Jade Wrote: I'm pretty sure the skin corresponds to yellow ray. It is the barrier that separates what we perceive to be as the "self" from all that is perceived as other than the self.

The symbolic gestures that has helped me immensely relate to removing a lot of chemical toxins from my environment. I think it's effective to try to eat organic, avoid harsh chemical cleaners and fragrances and other endocrine disrupters. Though, this is harder than it sounds - just watched The Human Experiment on Netflix, it doesn't paint an optimistic picture about the toxic triggers in the environment.

Now I feel like this belongs in the other thread, lol. But I think my point here is that even small, simple gestures that show care for the self in a harsh environment might help, regarding the irritated integument.

That's very interesting Jade, thank you for the thoughts. The concept of skin being a barrier to the outer world resonates. I see yellow ray as a "barrier" of sorts, the seat of the persona, that interface with the social world. Spiritual evolution allows us to shape this barrier to represent our more genuine and true self, so that we can interface with society in a way that is both genuine and effective. And I am quite conscious of yellow ray distortions that I have - I feel very uncomfortable in the "social world" (outside of the Law of One and L/L Research) because of my social identity. Not just my job (though that certainly is a big part of it), but simply my spiritual beliefs and interests. I do not broach my true beliefs and perspectives in discussions with people out of fear of judgment, and in the midst of discussions with others, I often feel incredibly uncomfortable because I feel as though I have something significant to contribute, but opt not to. This is compounded by my general social awkwardness and shyness.

Suggestions of small gestures for the self to represent care in a harsh environment seems like an effective means of addressing how one might feel within a harsh environment. I think it would be effective for me to try to address this emotional aspect more directly as well.

Thank you.

(07-12-2017, 05:04 PM)Glow Wrote: I know that doesn't really relate to your stranger experience, it does sort of meld with Jades "yellow ray - self" suggestion I think though. Your discomfort in your own skin could be a rejection of self... maybe, I'm not exactly sure what you felt. Smile

Are you sure the old catalyst was fully processed until the emotional charge was gone? Lots of this stuff gets stored.
What would happen if the exact scenario presented itself again?

Would it inspire the same feelings? If so its not dealt with fully.
If not perhaps just acknowledging how far you have come would be enough to release it?

This gave me some food for thought. The catalyst was processed in a specific scenario - I felt comfortable removing barriers among a group of people. But this was a unique and foreign experience. In my everyday life, with my everyday friends, there is a feeling of discomfort among them. I feel uncomfortable opening up primarily because they are just reflecting my own insecurities and self-rejection back at me. I don't think that I reject myself in a personal way, but I do reject myself in how my job and interests fit in with society.

Thank you for the help.

(07-13-2017, 06:31 AM)YinYang Wrote: I’m gonna have a go at this, but it might be a little difficult to explain. I can only convey it through explaining my own “mindset” these days…. although I don’t think it comes from the mind, I sense it has its origin elsewhere… lol… I knew this was going to be difficult to explain, but let me attempt it anyway.

A philosopher I listen to often, said one day “pretend you’re dead, then you have nothing to lose”. He said it in a certain context of course, almost as an afterthought, maybe for anyone listening who might not have “understood” what he was trying to convey. It was a pedagogical trick, if you may, but it worked.

I’m going with what you said with regard to being uncomfortable in certain situations, which of course applies to all of us at some point or another. The talk mixed in Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Zen, Christianity… all of it, but I knew what he meant, it kind of hit me. Something in this has to do with faith, that much misunderstood concept, which for me personally is almost the “holy grail” in the Ra material. On my first read of it, I could not understand why they said to Carla “There is no necessity for negative thought-forms regardless of pain distortions.” I thought to myself… how on earth is that even possible? Needless to say, it made a huge impression on me, and I thought of it often.

I’m not sure exactly if it is just a culmination of everything I have ever read, contemplated, meditated upon, insights I had, all my experiences, all the messes I got myself into, all the dead-ends… hearing the same mysterious things over and over again, rattling about in my head and then finally falling into place…

It’s a complete letting go, and it’s the most freeing thing in the world. It’s faith, or at least the closest I have come to it. I don’t know if I’m making any sense, you know that these things can’t be explained in words. Words are just so inefficient and clumsy. Even rereading what I have written so far, I can see I’m not getting it across. I don’t know if it’s the “void” that you so often encounter in Eastern religions, but it’s almost a complete disregard for the self, and “disregard” is the best English word I can think of. I know it’s what Buddha meant with “detachment”, and even detachment is a poor word choice.

You pretend you don’t exist, you’re already dead, and you lose all attachment to outcome. Nothing is serious anymore, nothing matters. “Gain” or “loss” is all the same, illusory… He gave the advice to Westerners specifically, because it’s so difficult for Westerners to grasp the concept.

Joel Goldsmith once tried to convey the same concept in one of his talks “all the silver in the world is mine”. There can be no ownership. You are the Creator, and the creator is all, every single one, then ownership is the strangest concept, because all is “owned” by all.

It’s maybe the last few months that these changes started happening in me. It’s a complete letting go, nothing is serious. I am doing something at the moment (starting a new company), and everything just flows, there are no obstacles in the road. Sometimes it amazes me. How can it be this easy? I just smile and say thank you... you, me, everyone... let's play. I just do what I do, without regard to outcome. Death is not serious to me, not my own or anyone else’s. I just let go… is that faith? It’s all a game to me, I came here to play. When I go into situations which previously would have made me tense, there is just nothing there, because I’m “dead”. I see how people worry, and I wish I could convey to them “this thing”. I try, and I fail. There is no place to hide, but you don’t need to hide.

Some mornings I wake up, and I have this “sensation”, I can only describe it as freedom. Guilt has fallen off me, there is no past, no future. It feels so good. I tried to explain it to my friend who shares my apartment with me, and she looked at me as if I was crazy. But even as the words came out of my mouth, I knew I was messing it up. It’s ineffable. I trust myself, I trust others, I trust the world… The sensation dissipates gradually as the morning goes on.

It’s a complete letting go, Austin. It’s maybe “faith”, what do I know? I can only guess you’re holding on to something maybe, a certain desire, a certain outcome. Do what you do for the love of it, and let the chips fall where they may. Stop worrying, this is a benevolent universe.

I have kind of been putting myself out there with this post, I don’t know if it will make any sense. It comes and goes at this point, when it comes, and I want to grasp it, it slips away, and when I let go, it returns...

It seems you are addressing that realm of spirituality that words (especially English words) tend to fall short of. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure I grasped your message, and I really appreciate it. Describing faith as the "holy grail" seems very apt. Ra equated faith and intelligent infinity, and it is that contact with intelligent infinity that I think we, as spiritual seekers, are really seeking.

But faith has always been a confounding issue for me, and your words help me to see it from yet another perspective. "Pretend you are dead" is sort of like a grimmer way of saying "all is well." When you are dead, the self cannot be affected by any outer circumstance. It takes a sort of illusory death to really inhabit the mindset that "all is well," because the self that is affected by outer circumstance has to fall away.

I think your great post ties into what I was talking about regarding discomfort of the social identity. It is an illusory self that worries about what other people think, and that specific illusory self is tied with my social identity. It would be an act of faith for me to share my genuine self more openly - or even just be comfortable with the concept of sharing (because the opportunity to actually share this stuff is pretty rare).

If I were dead, would I care that people knew I was into weird UFO and alien spirituality? Would I care that my scientifically-minded friends were scoffing at my spiritual beliefs? No  Smile.

This catalyst isn't something new to me. I've been aware of it and have talked about it at length. If that is the underlying root of the rashes, then I think it's just a sign that all of the talking about it isn't really helping. Perhaps the new avenue of applying faith to the situation, knowing that sharing openly, honestly, and without hesitation can't really have any negative effects on me, despite how people may react. That's a great quote, “There is no necessity for negative thought-forms regardless of pain distortions.” Maybe my pain distortions that are creating negative thought-forms are a social pain. I mean, it's realistic that people might judge me for what I believe and what I do, but that judgment may be akin to the physical pain. Allowing that to affect me is not having faith that genuine and open sharing is the best thing to do.

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - YinYang - 07-14-2017

In Daoism, a person as a whole, can get in the way of his own existence, by becoming too aware of himself, and then he lacks this quality of "Te" (Dao Te Ching). The Daoists propose that there be some thing to help people get back to "Dao" to be able to be in a state of "Te", so that they wouldn't get in their own way, and this is connected with the idea of being "empty", which I described earlier as "death". "Emptyness", being somehow "vacant", is the secret of the thing. The highest kind of knowledge, is not (kn)ow-how, but no-how, to be able to do it no-how, without any method, kind of reminiscent of Ra's "It is absolutely necessary that an entity consciously realize it does not understand in order for it to be harvestable. Understanding is not of this density."

To achieve this, something is practised which is called "fasting the heart". The "heart" in Chinese is a word which doesn't mean heart in the physiological sense, it's part of the "Te" character. Their word is "xin" It means "heart/mind", it is translated as "mind", and in all the Zen texts where the word "mind" is used, "no mind" -  "mushin", shortened to "shin" (無心の心), mind without mind, also referred to as the state of "no-mindness" - the psychic center. The best kind of "heart", is absence of heart. In English the word "heartless" has a very bad connotation, as does the word "mindless". A "heartless" person is an inconsiderate, unfeeling person, and a "mindless" person is an idiot, but a person who has "mushin", or "no-mind" "no-heart" in Chinese, is a very high order of person. It means that his psychic center doesn't get in its own way, it operates as if it wasn't there. Zhuangzi says that the highest form of man, uses his "shin" like a mirror, it grasps nothing, it refuses nothing, it receives but does not keep, reminiscent of Ra's "Things come not to those positively oriented but through such beings." It's what Christianity means with "dying to the self", "empty your cup"... The Upanishads also speaks extensively on this.

When Carl Jung read The Secret of the Golden Flower (if I remember correctly, you're a fan of his... someone gave a Carl Jung presentation at some homecoming...), he said "this method of meditation is wholly unsuited to any Westerner, the translation is useless". It simply cannot be conveyed in words. It makes me think of Ra's words "the neccesity and near hopelessness of attempting to teach", or Lao Tzu's "He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know"... he spoke those words... And so... "the energies of our Wanderers, our teachers, and our adepts at this time are all bent upon increasing the harvest. However, there are few to harvest"...

Austin Wrote:Ra equated faith and intelligent infinity, and it is that contact with intelligent infinity that I think we, as spiritual seekers, are really seeking.

You see how interesting skin rashes can become? :-) Don't you love this? It's like the riddle of riddles. The secret is in the seeker... "closer than your breath"... I suspect it's what the alchemists cloaked in language like "elixir of life", "holy grail", "philosopher's stone"... And what Carla called "cracking this cosmic code"... I do love Ra's "different slant upon the information which is always and ever the same".

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - Nau7ik - 07-14-2017

Yes, I have something to say about this! I had an experience with an extremely uncomfortable skin rash...

About 5 years ago, I went ot of state from New Mexico to Mississippi to stay with my grandmother for a few weeks. When I got there I began getting itchy on my ankles at first, it soon spread up my legs and on my arms. At first I also wondered if it could be bug bites, but I concluded that it wasn't. It was extremely itchy and it was hard to enjoy myself and be comfortable. I left after 3 weeks, and when I got back home the rash quickly dissipated and went away completely.

A year later, I went back to Mississippi. Immediately upon landing the rash started again. This time it was more severe. Itchy little bumps popping up all over my anckles and going up my legs, and all down my arms. I ended up going to see a doctor because we couldn't figure out what was causing the rash. The doctor couldn't tell me why either, but prescribed steroids because it was so uncomfortable, the constant severe itching. That helped but I left after 2 weeks and the rash went away again.

Now, why did this happen? I've thought long about this and I believe I figured it out, for myself. At the time, I was trying to run away from my problems. I thought that leaving my environment would help me solve my problems. That was a false judgment. I could not ignore the rash I had. The itching was severe and all I wanted was relief. This echoed my state of mind, my subconscious mind. I was uncomfortable and not at peace with my environment and with what I was doing at the time.

So what I got from that rash was that I needed to go back home and deal with what was bothering me. That running away wasn't going to solve anything.

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - YinYang - 07-14-2017

Oh yes, I also just remembered this:

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. This chamber worked upon the mind and the body. The mind was affected by sensory deprivation and the archetypical reactions to being buried alive with no possibility of extricating the self. The body was affected both by the mind configuration and by the electrical and piezoelectrical properties of the materials which were used in the construction of the resonating chamber.

This will be the last full query of this working. May we ask if there are any brief queries at this time?

3.16 Questioner: Does the shape of the pyramid itself— is that a key function in the initiation process?
Ra: This is a large question. We feel that we shall begin and ask you to re-evaluate and ask further at a later session, this somewhat, shall we say, informative point.

To begin. There are two main functions of the pyramid in relation to the initiatory procedures. One has to do with the body. Before the body can be initiated, the mind must be initiated. This is the point at which most adepts of your present cycle find their mind/body/spirit complexes distorted from. When the character and personality that is the true identity of the mind has been discovered, the body then must be known in each and every way. Thus, the various functions of the body need understanding and control with detachment. The first use of the pyramid, then, is the going down into the pyramid for purposes of deprivation of sensory input so that the body may, in a sense, be dead and another life begin.

We advise, at this time, any necessary questions and a fairly rapid ending of this session. Have you any query at this time/space?

Sorry for hijacking your thread...

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - unity100 - 07-14-2017

(07-12-2017, 01:52 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: Has anyone heard of any metaphysical explanations for such rashes?

I encountered such a situation before, not for me but someone close.

The situation manifested itself during times of considerable stress/pressure due to whatever reason (academic, family, other), and it exacerbated on days of exposure to the sun, especially in summer.

Talking about any spiritual reason (not metaphysical mechanics) in regard to the person who is encountering these would be very difficult since such manifestations may be tied to deep psychological, spiritual or subconscious conditions, or even pre-incarnational arrangements or even things relevant to past lives. Like how the famous flower allergy example which is often quoted exemplifies.

Best would be to be observant of the conditions immediately before, during or after the manifestation or surge of this situation and try to track it down.

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - Ankh - 07-20-2017

(07-12-2017, 01:52 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: I'm going through a personal experience that I hope to springboard into a more general discussion. To briefly describe the situation:

A month and a half ago, I had some odd bug-bite looking bumps start showing up on my arms and legs. I looked everywhere for a source of bug bites but found none. They kept getting worse and worse, and I decided that they weren't bug bites once I went on an out-of-state trip and they continued to appear. Eventually, they turned into a red rash in some places, simply raised skin bumps in other places. It was very itchy at first but then calmed down.

When it went away I was very relieved. It stayed away until this morning, I woke up to find that the same sort of bumps/rash reappeared on my hand and some patches on my fingers and, much to my dismay, on my face.

Any practical advice (i.e. traditional, physical health advice) would be appreciated, but please only post such in the thread here: https://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=14655

I'm looking to discuss any metaphysical dynamics behind skin conditions such as rashes. The first time it appeared, I connected it to mental catalyst of feeling uncomfortable in my surroundings (I was anxious about being among a group of strangers, which was then compounded by the fact that I had a very noticeable wide-spread rash). I was "uncomfortable in my own skin," so to speak. A while after I worked with this catalyst mentally, the rash cleared up (but it seemed to fit the natural cycle of the rash anyways).

I can't think of any recent emotional or mental catalyst that would coincide with my mindset from when it first appeared. Has anyone heard of any metaphysical explanations for such rashes? Or perhaps any guidance or tips for figuring out exactly what the metaphysical dynamics might be? I will keep operating on the assumption that it has to do with me feeling uncomfortable being myself, but something tells me that there's more to it.

You got them too?! Mine started to appear about 6-9 months ago, more severely, but I've had them for much longer than that, but only couple of them from time to time, not like now. Anyway, in Sweden they are called "nettle-rash" (google translate), and looks similar to this:

[Image: oktober-019_111074521.jpg]

Does your rash looks similar to this too?

I have also wondered what they might mean, metaphysically, and this far came to a conclusion that they are a little of a minor reaction to this planetary vibration, just like allergies are, but less serious than allergies. So, I simply called them a "Wanderer-rash".

There is for some of this specific rash no medical explanation, they simply appear and disappear randomly, medically seen; but I noticed that some of these attacks do appear more often when I for instance change the physical environment from hot to cold and vice versa, or when I am in a mental distress. There is some mild medicine you could take for that, but I've never tried it this far. I just think that it has to do with us getting older and the body becoming more sensitive to mental or physical distresses and reacting to that through these little itchy irritations. BigSmile

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - xise - 07-21-2017

I truly believe there is a metaphysical cause / manifested distortion that causes nearly all bodily issues.

However, in my own experiences, finding the undealt with catalyst that is now manifesting as a bodily distortion is similar to dreams. Some dream symbols are in the collective unconcious and fairly easy to decipher (water/ocean = subconcious), but other dream symbols are different to interpret. I've found that some bodily distortions usually translate easily based on the common/google-found chakra-body connections (most allegies, diabetes, etc), but others seem to be individualized symbols, not unlike individualized dream symbols. I think it's a good idea to start with the common links between skin and certain chakras (haven't done my own research regarding rashes so won't comment), but I think it's very useful to expand the possible symbolic feedback the bodily distortion is giving you. Your mileage may vary of course; this is definitely an area I'm still exploring.

Good luck my man.

RE: General metaphysical principles behind skin rashes - Sacred Fool - 09-04-2017

(07-13-2017, 02:53 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: "Pretend you are dead" is sort of like a grimmer way of saying "all is well."
Gotta say, that's the funniest insight I've read in a long time.

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering this way, Austin.  But I'm not entirely surprised by it.  You remind me of a guy I once met who was getting sort of serious with a girlfriend, but refused for two or three months to tell her what he did for a living.  She got kind of concerned and finally went to the internet and found out he worked for a group that sold literature about conversations with aliens.  At that point she really got worried, thinking he was in some sort of cult.  So, I can see how the impulse to hunker down and protect self can cause conflicts if you have trouble negotiating that territory.

Sounds to me like the rash could be an outward manifestation of some inner conflict--however you might define that.  (Maybe, I need to protect myself from life's dangers, but I also need to be open to the good things out there.  I'm having trouble doing both.)    It's possible that what you're experiencing is PTSD from some very early experience where circumstances caused you to feel a huge spike of vulnerability and, consequently, your system dumped a big load of stress hormones into your system, and when those feelings come up in real time, your body remembers the past experience and re-dumps the stress hormones.  If you think that might be the case, there are folks around who can work with that kind of thing.

Your query, so to speak, was about the spiritual dimensions of this.  I might suggest that this could be an invitation to explore deeper levels of acceptance of self and other and, by extension, the One Infinite Creator.  This condition does offer a pathway inside you, and one option would be to put on paper all of the associated feelings and people and various aspects of self, and try to reach out with your heart to each of these, exploring what it might feel like to offer them acceptance and warmth.  Another thing you might try is accepting that you may just be more Austin-tacious than you think you are........

I wish you the best.
~J