Bring4th
Do you overheat easily? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Do you overheat easily? (/showthread.php?tid=14818)

Do you overheat easily? - JayCee - 08-31-2017

Since I was a child I could not stand heat and it has not gotten better with age.
Like for example to stand in the sun and have it beam right on top of my head is causing real discomfort and will give me headache.
I was in Scotland and it was lovely, just the right weather for me. Ireland is definitely on my travel list as well.
My favorite temps are 20-25 °C with a light breeze of wind blowing, wonderful.
Unfortunately that is rare here, our summers are getting more and more hot and humid. Humid heat is worst to tolerate for my organism.
It will heat up more and more over days until we get thunderstorms and heavy rain and then afterwards the temps may be a bit lower but humidity will seem to be about 90%.
If I did not drink so much cold water I would probably have spontaneously combusted a long time ago.
What do you like, weatherwise? And has it changed over the years?

RE: Do you overheat easily? - Ashim - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 02:58 AM)JayCee Wrote: Since I was a child I could not stand heat and it has not gotten better with age.
Like for example to stand in the sun and have it beam right on top of my head is causing real discomfort and will give me headache.
I was in Scotland and it was lovely, just the right weather for me. Ireland is definitely on my travel list as well.
My favorite temps are 20-25 °C with a light breeze of wind blowing, wonderful.
Unfortunately that is rare here, our summers are getting more and more hot and humid. Humid heat is worst to tolerate for my organism.
It will heat up more and more over days until we get thunderstorms and heavy rain and then afterwards the temps may be a bit lower but humidity will seem to be about 90%.
If I did not drink so much cold water I would probably have spontaneously combusted a long time ago.
What do you like, weatherwise? And has it changed over the years?

I moved from southern Germany back to Scotland after almost 30 years of wicked summers and have seen a huge improvement in general health. The cluster headaches have gone, back and neck pain too. The trouble is I now overheat at 20 C instead of 30 C in Germany! I also avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight and compensate by taking a daily high dosage of vitamin D. Just the thought of hot weather makes me quite ill. It's a bit of a shame because I can't go and visit my daughter in Florida for fear of heat death. Scotland it is for now. Weather at the moment - 13 C and overcast - perfect!

RE: Do you overheat easily? - JayCee - 08-31-2017

You are lucky!
I was going to say "send some cooling breeze my way" but it already arrived. Later rain and tomorrow hopefully cooler.
You could still move to Finland if Scotland gets too hot for you lol. And one day end up on the Northpole.
I dislike extreme cold almost as much as the heat, but at least one can add extra layers of clothing more or less infinitely...

RE: Do you overheat easily? - Eddie - 08-31-2017

I hate humidity, but I need the sun.  I have arthritic joints and the only thing that takes away the pain is sunbathing (no, Vitamin D tablets don't work!).  So I suffer all winter and feel much better in the summer.

I've been to Scotland twice, when I was much younger (1972 and 1981).  Both times were in mid-summer, and both times, I thought I'd freeze to death.  I had to wear 4 layers of clothing all the time! (Including a heavy sweater and a waterproof jacket).

Edit:  despite the climate (and the midges!), I love the place.  The Highlands are breathtakingly beautiful, and I'd love to return.  And Edinburgh is actually the only large city that I like.

(08-31-2017, 06:31 AM)JayCee Wrote:  And one day end up on the Northpole.
Actually, as you mentioned it, that is indeed my "escape plan" should the current trend continue. More under rather than on the north pole.  There I would make my way through one of the many bases into Inner Earth in order to join my unit, and of course would also escape any close encounters with natural disasters, or other life threatening situations. How I would get there is another matter.
(08-31-2017, 08:49 AM)Eddie Wrote: I hate humidity, but I need the sun.  I have arthritic joints and the only thing that takes away the pain is sunbathing (no, Vitamin D tablets don't work!).  So I suffer all winter and feel much better in the summer.

I've been to Scotland twice, when I was much younger (1972 and 1981).  Both times were in mid-summer, and both times, I thought I'd freeze to death.  I had to wear 4 layers of clothing all the time! (Including a heavy sweater and a waterproof jacket).

Edit:  despite the climate (and the midges!), I love the place.  The Highlands are breathtakingly beautiful, and I'd love to return.  And Edinburgh is actually the only large city that I like.

I'm sittung on my balcony right now, looking across the Firth of Forth, the bridges to the west and Edinburgh directly opposite. The sun is shining and it's one hell of a nice day. They are so rare in summer over here. I just got back from a short break in Pitlochry last week. Was wild camping for the first time.

RE: Do you overheat easily? - JayCee - 08-31-2017

Now I am really jealous, Ashim. Enjoy!
and yes Eddie I agree, Edinburgh is lovely.
Scottish people are more my cup of tea than the English, but then I have always rooted for the underdog. Plus they got a grrrreat accent.
I just realized I seem to overheat in the presence of certain people as well - talked a bit to our janitor and I felt so hot, I was glad to get away (and before someone gets ideas, no she is not my type and no we don't argue or quarrel so it must be something else)
She just talks and opens her heart to me and I listen. It also happened the other day when I was with her, the feeling of hotness.
Ashim, I remember when they talked about the Scottish independence referendum they mentioned that the Scots actually want to stay in the EU.
Why is that ? do they really like the EU?

RE: Do you overheat easily? - sjel - 08-31-2017

Check this out.

[Image: vDS1Fj5.jpg]

Cool

*Super Mario voice* It'sa mighty hot!

(08-31-2017, 10:57 AM)JayCee Wrote: Now I am really jealous, Ashim. Enjoy!
and yes Eddie I agree, Edinburgh is lovely.
Scottish people are more my cup of tea than the English, but then I have always rooted for the underdog. Plus they got a grrrreat accent.
I just realized I seem to overheat in the presence of certain people as well - talked a bit to our janitor and I felt so hot, I was glad to get away (and before someone gets ideas, no she is not my type and no we don't argue or quarrel so it must be something else)
She just talks and opens her heart to me and I listen. It also happened the other day when I was with her, the feeling of hotness.
Ashim, I remember when they talked about the Scottish independence referendum  they mentioned that the Scots actually want to stay in the EU.
Why is that ? do they really like the EU?

The EU does provide the framework for smaller regions to break away, retaining their cultural identity whilst at the same time remaining part of a lerger family. Scotland would do just fine on its own. I would make sure of that!
They used to fight wars to achieve such goals, sadly, in some areas they still do.
The EU has been a great excercise in peace keeping. It saddens me for the UK to be breaking ties with the EU. Scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay within the union and it's national party, the SNP, are still pushing for a second referendum, although with somewhat reduced support in recent times.

RE: Do you overheat easily? - Eddie - 08-31-2017

(08-31-2017, 03:05 PM)Ashim Wrote: Scotland would do just fine on its own. I would make sure of that!
They used to fight wars to achieve such goals, sadly, in some areas they still do.
The EU has been a great excercise in peace keeping. It saddens me for the UK to be breaking ties with the EU. Scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay within the union and it's national party, the SNP, are still pushing for a second referendum, although with somewhat reduced support in recent times.

I doubt that Scotland will secede from the rest of the U.K.  Public sector expenditure exceeds Scottish revenue at present by a substantial margin.  If deprived of funding from the British Exchequer, one imagines that Scotland would need to endure a sharp adjustment.

RE: Do you overheat easily? - AnthroHeart - 08-31-2017

I will probably overheat easily and have to drink a lot of water when I start wearing this:

[Image: fursuit_full_sm.jpg]

RE: Do you overheat easily? - isis - 09-15-2017

77F is my favorite

RE: Do you overheat easily? - Ashim - 09-15-2017

(08-31-2017, 04:03 PM)Eddie Wrote:
(08-31-2017, 03:05 PM)Ashim Wrote: Scotland would do just fine on its own. I would make sure of that!

I doubt that Scotland will secede from the rest of the U.K.  Public sector expenditure exceeds Scottish revenue at present by a substantial margin.  If deprived of funding from the British Exchequer, one imagines that Scotland would need to endure a sharp adjustment.

Indy is already seen by the ruling classes as inevitable and adjustments have been made to the system. Sure, there still is the currency question, but more important will prove the unleashing of a great creative force, the cornerstone of innovation. Perceived freedom is indeed freedom and this energy can be harnessed to great effect. The unionists know this and will do their utmost to stupper any progress in this direction.

RE: Do you overheat easily? - Patrick - 09-16-2017

No, but I do overeat much too easily though !  BigSmile

RE: Do you overheat easily? - Quan - 09-22-2017

(09-16-2017, 04:14 PM)Patrick Wrote:  
No, but I do overeat much too easily though !  BigSmile

Love the play on words Tongue