Bring4th
We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet (/showthread.php?tid=1492)

We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - Questioner - 08-17-2010

The forum headline for Law of One refers to "physics, chakras, or miniature golf" as examples of topics that may be discussed in terms of the Law of One.

We have our physics and chakras threads in abudance. But we are missing out on a miniature golf conversation. This is my humble attempt to complete that incomplete element of the suggested topic trifecta.

Quote:the unity of the Creator exists within the smallest portion of any material created by Love
Now this seems that it could relate to the mini-golf course, and also to each individual stroke.
If the course was created to share the love of joyous variety and fun, then it demonstrates the unity of the Creator.
If the course was created by a hostile, service-to-self oriented entity that only wanted a quick buck, and couldn't care less about mini-golf, then it might not demonstrate the unity of the Creator. Perhaps the original layout artist may have introduced the Creator's love to the situation. But a money-grubbing Scrooge of a course owner would pretty soon let things go to hell. Soon enough, not even the colorful windmills (a small version of b4's lovely Web banner) will keep turning.

As for the play on the course, if we experience happiness, joy, delight, and the personal challenge of making our best shot, then our play of the game in each turn embodies the unity of the Creator.
However, if we are angry and frustrated, our turn to swing may spread a burst of unhappy vibes rather than the Creator's love.

Quote:The smallest of lapses may disturb the regularity of this pattern of energies which forms the channel for these transmissions.

Perhaps aspiring channels should take note. If you can't focus your concentration enough to get through a mini-golf round at par, perhaps channeling is not for you.

Quote:There are no second-density consciousness complexes here on your sphere at this time.
I was looking for quotes about sphere in terms of golf balls. However, this line brought me up short: I've apparently been wrong about suggesting that pack animals and trees demonstrate 2d consciousness in our world today. They're clearly not 1d elemental forces. Therefore, they must be 3d along with us, simply at a lowest level.
Here's an example of how, just as getting past one mini-golf shot lines you for a fresh new vista, study of the Law of One can open surprising new perspectives in unexpected ways.

Quote:This sphere should not properly be called a planet as it is locked in first density.
Similarly, this citation implies that Ra only uses the term planet to refer to greater than 1st density worlds.

Quote:The surrounding of self in a sylvan atmosphere, apart from distractions, in a place of working used for no other purpose, in which you and your associates agree to lay aside all goals but that of the meditative seeking of the Infinite Creator is, shall we say, not gadgetry but the making use of the creation of the Father in second-density love, and in the love and support of otherselves.
Mini-golf has its value in happy fun playtime and interpersonal bonding, as well as appreciating the creativity of our fellow man and woman. However, it is no substitute for an actual day in the countryside - beach, mountain, forest, etc.

Well, I think that's enough of a start about mini-golf via the Law of One. I'm glad I plugged that hole in this site's content.
The whole point of the thread was to meet the criteria for the Strictly Law of One forum, applying specific citations from Ra to a specific aspect of everyday life. I suspect the mini-golf comment in the forum list was a joke, but I wanted to seriously pursue the opportunity to apply the criteria, exactly as stated, fully compliant with the spirit of the discussion. How is this thread not relevant for the Strictly forum?

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - Aaron - 08-17-2010

Questioner Wrote:The whole point of the thread was to meet the criteria for the Strictly Law of One forum, applying specific citations from Ra to a specific aspect of everyday life. I suspect the mini-golf comment in the forum list was a joke, but I wanted to seriously pursue the opportunity to apply the criteria, exactly as stated, fully compliant with the spirit of the discussion. How is this thread not relevant for the Strictly forum?

You're certainly looking at the game of mini-golf from a Law of One perspective! However, the forum descriptor says "all posts should be tied into the Law of One material in some fashion."

I have a feeling that means that the only way this thread could stay in the Strictly forum is if Ra had specifically talked about mini-golf. Tongue

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - Questioner - 08-18-2010

(08-17-2010, 11:42 PM)Aaron Wrote: I have a feeling that means that the only way this thread could stay in the Strictly forum is if Ra had specifically talked about mini-golf. Tongue

Ah c'mon, Ra and Don would have got around to talking about it eventually! Talk about wide-ranging discussions! Wink

See, here at the end times we can learn about astronomy and rockets through mini-golf.
[Image: 16tierney.1-190.jpg] - http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/science/16tier.html?_r=1

It goes well with both mansions and grits. How much more egalitarian could you get? All are equal in this practice of catalyst.
[Image: playgolffree01gdf-1.jpg]

Who's to say that this is not preparing us for important future endeavors?
[Image: Crop-circle-makers--49035.jpg]

All this despite the LawofOne.info search coming up empty for both "dimpled" (the ball) and "whimsical." (the course) But some things just have to be discovered for yourself.
[Image: mini-golf.jpg]
See, surely this would have eventually come up in the conversation.

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - Eddie - 08-18-2010

We don't have threads on leprosy or Miley Cyrus either.RollEyes

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - Questioner - 08-18-2010

Yeah, but fortunately neither of those End Times woes is named in the forum description list here.

We do have several discussions about health and illness and healing.
And we also do have several discussions about music.

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - Lavazza - 08-18-2010

(08-18-2010, 02:25 AM)Questioner Wrote: [Image: mini-golf.jpg]

Don't putt your ball in to one of those pyramids unless you are prepared for it to undergo intense initiation!

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - βαθμιαίος - 08-19-2010

(08-17-2010, 04:08 PM)Questioner Wrote: 9.17
Quote:There are no second-density consciousness complexes here on your sphere at this time.
I was looking for quotes about sphere in terms of golf balls. However, this line brought me up short: I've apparently been wrong about suggesting that pack animals and trees demonstrate 2d consciousness in our world today. They're clearly not 1d elemental forces. Therefore, they must be 3d along with us, simply at a lowest level.
Here's an example of how, just as getting past one mini-golf shot lines you for a fresh new vista, study of the Law of One can open surprising new perspectives in unexpected ways.

It's certainly true that re-reading the Law of One sessions can open surprising new perspectives. However, in this case I don't believe Ra is saying that there are no second-density creatures on earth now. Your earlier supposition that animals and plant are second density is correct, I believe. If you re-read the full question and answer you'll see that Ra seems to misunderstand Don's question. I believe that they were saying there are no second-density social memory complexes here now, though there are third-density beings in second-density form, such as what we know as Bigfoot.

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - 3D Sunset - 08-20-2010

(08-19-2010, 09:06 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: It's certainly true that re-reading the Law of One sessions can open surprising new perspectives. However, in this case I don't believe Ra is saying that there are no second-density creatures on earth now. Your earlier supposition that animals and plant are second density is correct, I believe. If you re-read the full question and answer you'll see that Ra seems to misunderstand Don's question. I believe that they were saying there are no second-density social memory complexes here now, though there are third-density beings in second-density form, such as what we know as Bigfoot.

Although this quote seems misleading, I think Ra's use of the term "second-density consciousness complexes" is interesting and, as usual for Ra, intentional. I believe that Ra means that there are no "uninspirited" people. Recall that the human form was in use for thousands of years before Earth's 3D began. During that time, our ancestors were 2D beings that were developing toward self-awareness. Recall that it is only upon entering 3D, that the spirit is activated with the mind/body complex to form the mind/body/spirit complex. I believe that Ra thought Don was asking if there were any races with human form, that were not actually 3D inspirited beings. Ra's answer points to the importance that he places on viewing the equality of all using the human form, especially since Don chose to select "Race" to distinguish among people. In his response, Ra seems adamant in quashing the notion that some races are better than others.

Just my 2 cents.

3D Sunset

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - LsavedSmeD - 08-20-2010

(08-18-2010, 04:25 PM)Lavazza Wrote:
(08-18-2010, 02:25 AM)Questioner Wrote: [Image: mini-golf.jpg]

Don't putt your ball in to one of those pyramids unless you are prepared for it to undergo intense initiation!

Lol, man Law of One jokes are the best.

L and L!

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - βαθμιαίος - 08-22-2010

(08-20-2010, 12:10 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: Although this quote seems misleading, I think Ra's use of the term "second-density consciousness complexes" is interesting and, as usual for Ra, intentional. I believe that Ra means that there are no "uninspirited" people.

Could be. Whatever "second-density consciousness complex" means, I think we can agree that it is different than a regular old second density creature and we can safely conclude that Ra didn't mean that there are no second-density life forms on earth now.

Quote:Recall that the human form was in use for thousands of years before Earth's 3D began.

It was more ape-like than human before third-density began. "9.14 ...The two higher of the sub-vibrational levels of second-density beings had the configuration of the biped, as you mentioned. However, the erectile movement which you experience was not totally effected in these beings who were tending towards the leaning forward, barely leaving the quadrupedal position."

Quote:I believe that Ra thought Don was asking if there were any races with human form, that were not actually 3D inspirited beings. Ra's answer points to the importance that he places on viewing the equality of all using the human form, especially since Don chose to select "Race" to distinguish among people. In his response, Ra seems adamant in quashing the notion that some races are better than others.

This is the quote in question, but I don't see the quashing or the admantness:

Quote:9.17 Questioner: Is there any particular race of people on our planet now who were incarnated here from second density?

Ra: I am Ra. There are no second-density consciousness complexes here on your sphere at this time. However, there are two races which use the second-density form. One is the entities from the planetary sphere you call Maldek. These entities are working their understanding complexes through a series of what you would call karmic restitutions. They dwell within your deeper underground passageways and are known to you as “Bigfoot.”

The other race is that being offered a dwelling in this density by guardians who wish to give the mind/body/spirit complexes of those who are of this density at this time appropriately engineered physical vehicles, as you would call these chemical complexes, in the event that there is what you call nuclear war.

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - Questioner - 08-22-2010

I guess the interpretation comes down to the meaning of "consciousness complexes." Perhaps here that refers to "social memory complexes" (telepathically united groups/species) rather than "mind/body/spirit complexes" (individuals). However the two examples given of 2D still seem to be to be a lot lower levels of consciousness than either dogs or trees. Perhaps dogs and trees have both made a choice to serve others at the level of species souls, rather than individual moral choices inside particular organisms as with people. I find this an interesting sideline to investigate, although not necessary to fully understand for my own growth.

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - 3D Sunset - 08-23-2010

(08-22-2010, 10:44 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: Could be. Whatever "second-density consciousness complex" means, I think we can agree that it is different than a regular old second density creature and we can safely conclude that Ra didn't mean that there are no second-density life forms on earth now.

Interestingly, the term "consciousness complex" appears very rarely in the Law of One. Here is a brief survey:

Law of One, Book I, Session 6 Wrote:Questioner: Do any of the UFOs presently reported at this time come from other planets, or do you have this knowledge?

Ra: I am Ra. I am one of the members of the Confederation of Planets in the Service of the Infinite Creator. There are approximately fifty-three civilizations, comprising approximately five hundred planetary consciousness complexes in this Confederation.

I always found this quote interesting, because it indicates that there are more planetary consciousness complexes (500), than civilizations (53). I read this to mean that there are member planetary consciousness complexes that have not yet developed their own civilizations. Ra's use of the word "comprising", though, implies that the 53 civilizations cover the 500 planets. This is the only place that Ra refers to "planetary consciousness complexes", although he does refer to "planetary consciousness" on several occasions.

Law of One, Book I, Session 21 Wrote:Questioner: When the 75,000 year cycle started, the life span was approximately nine hundred years, average. What was the process and scheduling mechanism, shall I say, of reincarnation at that time, and how did the time in between incarnations into third-density physical apply to the growth of the mind/body/spirit complex?

Ra: I am Ra. This query is more complex than most. We shall begin. The incarnation pattern of the beginning third-density mind/body/spirit complex begins in darkness, for you may think or consider of your density as one of, as you may say, a sleep and a forgetting. This is the only plane of forgetting. It is necessary for the third-density entity to forget so that the mechanisms of confusion or free will may operate upon the newly individuated consciousness complex.

Here, I think Ra is using "consciousness complex" as synonymous with 3D m/b/s complex. As here:

Law of One, Book II, Session 28 Wrote:Questioner: Are you saying then that we have not only a polarity of electrical charge but also a polarity in consciousness at that time?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. All is potentially available from the beginning of your physical space/time; it then being the function of consciousness complexes to begin to use the physical materials to gain experience to then polarize in a metaphysical sense. The potentials for this are not created by the experiencer but by intelligent energy.

This is why I concluded that by "Second Density Consciousness Complexes", Ra is referring to a Second Density entity that is ready to begin 3D, but is already in human form. Note that this would have happened if our 3D physical form predated the beginning of 3D on planet Earth. (See below also).

Quote:It was more ape-like than human before third-density began. "9.14 ...The two higher of the sub-vibrational levels of second-density beings had the configuration of the biped, as you mentioned. However, the erectile movement which you experience was not totally effected in these beings who were tending towards the leaning forward, barely leaving the quadrupedal position."

I am familiar with this quote, but the literal reading of it is contrary to modern scientific findings. According to modern science, and carbon dated remains, the modern homo sapien form has been the same for around 200,000 years (and "erect" for almost 2 million). Although this appears to be in conflict with Ra's statement, I think that it was during this time, beginning around 2 million years ago, and culminating between 200,000 and 75,000 years ago that the modern human form was evolved, tested and "tweaked" to be ready for the start of our 3D term. Also, given that Ra indicated that it was largely evolution that was used to create the human form, it seems illogical that there would be as great a change as described above in such a short duration just prior to 75,000 years ago.

Another interesting thing to consider, is that perhaps those of Maldek were originally incarnated into the people we call Neanderthal's, rather than "Big Foots" . Note that modern science dates Neanderthal's emergence at about 600,000 years ago, which matches up pretty nicely with Ra's description of when those of Maldek began their restitution. As most of those of Maldek completed their restitution, the Neanderthal's died out about 30,000 years ago. After that time, for those that still had restitution to complete, they may have begun incarnating into the Big Foot form. This would also separate them from the increasingly active humans that might tend to enslave those of a less "elite" form.

To tie in the other facts we learned from Ra about the origin of our physical from, it would seem to me that Yahweh probably began with the Neanderthal form (or, more accurately, a related but distinct form) and applied his "improvements" to it beginning sometime around 200,000 years or so ago. If these timelines are at all correct, it is really interesting to see how much preparation goes into "setting the stage" as it were, for a vanishingly short 75,000 3rd Density.

(08-22-2010, 10:44 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: This is the quote in question, but I don't see the quashing or the admantness:

You are absolutely correct, and I retract the statement as to being "adamant" and "quashing". There are times when I read Ra's responses with an emotion and rigor that is, perhaps, imagined. That said, I still feel my interpretation is worthy of consideration.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - βαθμιαίος - 08-23-2010

(08-22-2010, 06:13 PM)Questioner Wrote: However the two examples given of 2D still seem to be to be a lot lower levels of consciousness than either dogs or trees.

Bigfoot is kind of a special case because they are 3D entities stuck in 2D bodies and also stuck in a knot of fear.

(08-23-2010, 03:14 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: I always found this quote interesting, because it indicates that there are more planetary consciousness complexes (500), than civilizations (53). I read this to mean that there are member planetary consciousness complexes that have not yet developed their own civilizations. Ra's use of the word "comprising", though, implies that the 53 civilizations cover the 500 planets.

I assume that the civilizations contain multiple planets.

(08-23-2010, 03:14 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: I am familiar with this quote, but the literal reading of it is contrary to modern scientific findings. According to modern science, and carbon dated remains, the modern homo sapien form has been the same for around 200,000 years (and "erect" for almost 2 million). Although this appears to be in conflict with Ra's statement, I think that it was during this time, beginning around 2 million years ago, and culminating between 200,000 and 75,000 years ago that the modern human form was evolved, tested and "tweaked" to be ready for the start of our 3D term. Also, given that Ra indicated that it was largely evolution that was used to create the human form, it seems illogical that there would be as great a change as described above in such a short duration just prior to 75,000 years ago.

Well, Ra does say that it was an abrupt change.

Quote:14.3 Questioner: Then what was the second-density form—what did it look like—that became Earth-man in the third density? What did he look like in the second density?

Ra: I am Ra. The difference between second- and third-density bodily forms would in many cases have been more like one to the other. In the case of your planetary sphere the process was interrupted by those who incarnated here from the planetary sphere you call Mars. They were adjusted by genetic changing and, therefore, there was some difference which was of a very noticeable variety rather than the gradual raising of the bipedal forms upon your second-density level to third-density level. This has nothing to do with the so-called placement of the soul. This has only to do with the circumstances of the influx of those from that culture.

You seem to be more up on the scientific literature than I am. Are scientists still looking for the "missing link"? This quote suggests that they won't soon find it.

(08-23-2010, 03:14 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: Another interesting thing to consider, is that perhaps those of Maldek were originally incarnated into the people we call Neanderthal's, rather than "Big Foots" . Note that modern science dates Neanderthal's emergence at about 600,000 years ago, which matches up pretty nicely with Ra's description of when those of Maldek began their restitution. As most of those of Maldek completed their restitution, the Neanderthal's died out about 30,000 years ago. After that time, for those that still had restitution to complete, they may have begun incarnating into the Big Foot form. This would also separate them from the increasingly active humans that might tend to enslave those of a less "elite" form.

Could be. Maybe bigfoots are neanderthals who have learned to be much more secretive because of the presence of third-density humans.

(08-23-2010, 03:14 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: That said, I still feel my interpretation is worthy of consideration.

Dear friend, I have always found any interpretation you take the time to post to be worthy of consideration.

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - 3D Sunset - 08-25-2010

(08-23-2010, 10:56 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: I assume that the civilizations contain multiple planets.

True, but I still find that interesting, in that I normally think of civilizations (or broadly 4D or higher entities) as being associated with a single planet that is is best suited for their further evolution.

(08-23-2010, 10:56 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: Well, Ra does say that it was an abrupt change.

I still don't see that this is contrary to my interpretation. It would seem to me that the changes from Neanderthal-like 2D forms to homo sapiens are those being described by Ra as the "noticeable variety.. to do with the influx" from Mars. That is to say, the Yahweh related changes. In order to reconcile Ra with modern scientific discovery, this would mean that the Yahweh changes concluded about 75,000 years ago when the influx from Mars was initiated, the quarantine was initiated, and 3D work began here on Earth.

That said, I am the first to admit that reconciling modern science with The Law of One usually involves some amount of "loose interpretation", shall we say, of both sources of information.

(08-23-2010, 10:56 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: You seem to be more up on the scientific literature than I am. Are scientists still looking for the "missing link"? This quote suggests that they won't soon find it.

The missing link would is a bridge between apes and our direct human ancestors, which would have occurred more than 2 million years ago (probably in the 6-10 million year range). What I think Ra is describing are changes much later and more subtle than that.

(08-23-2010, 10:56 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: Dear friend, I have always found any interpretation you take the time to post to be worthy of consideration.

You honor me, my friend. I am always most interested to learn of your insights and perspectives as well.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - Lavazza - 08-26-2010

(08-23-2010, 03:14 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: I always found this quote interesting, because it indicates that there are more planetary consciousness complexes (500), than civilizations (53). I read this to mean that there are member planetary consciousness complexes that have not yet developed their own civilizations. Ra's use of the word "comprising", though, implies that the 53 civilizations cover the 500 planets. This is the only place that Ra refers to "planetary consciousness complexes", although he does refer to "planetary consciousness" on several occasions.

Could it be that at the level of a planet's own consciousness, it can choose to join confederations? Maybe not likely, but an interesting thought perhaps.

Lavazza

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - βαθμιαίος - 08-31-2010

(08-25-2010, 10:05 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: I still don't see that this is contrary to my interpretation. It would seem to me that the changes from Neanderthal-like 2D forms to homo sapiens are those being described by Ra as the "noticeable variety.. to do with the influx" from Mars. That is to say, the Yahweh related changes. In order to reconcile Ra with modern scientific discovery, this would mean that the Yahweh changes concluded about 75,000 years ago when the influx from Mars was initiated, the quarantine was initiated, and 3D work began here on Earth.

That said, I am the first to admit that reconciling modern science with The Law of One usually involves some amount of "loose interpretation", shall we say, of both sources of information.

I guess the only piece that we may disagree on is the idea that there were third-density bodies before the beginning of third density. Ra says that our yellow-ray bodies are "equal to the physical illusion." My understanding is that they didn't appear until the generation-and-a-half transition to 3D.

(08-25-2010, 10:05 AM)3D Sunset Wrote: The missing link would is a bridge between apes and our direct human ancestors, which would have occurred more than 2 million years ago (probably in the 6-10 million year range). What I think Ra is describing are changes much later and more subtle than that.

I did a quick google search for missing link. It appears that there are a number of them. I had the idea that there was a discontinuity between our immediate ancestors and our own species which could be explained by Yahweh's genetic manipulation. But I'm by no means an expert.

(08-26-2010, 12:29 PM)Lavazza Wrote: Could it be that at the level of a planet's own consciousness, it can choose to join confederations? Maybe not likely, but an interesting thought perhaps.

Do you mean the planet itself as opposed to the social memory complex inhabiting it?

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - Lavazza - 09-01-2010

(08-31-2010, 08:30 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: Do you mean the planet itself as opposed to the social memory complex inhabiting it?

Yes. It's a long shot theory, but working with the assumption of Gaia as being on some level consciously aware, perhaps planetary entities have more of a say in higher densities of the sort of entities that will live upon it's surface? I'm really just musing though.

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - βαθμιαίος - 09-02-2010

(09-01-2010, 01:36 PM)Lavazza Wrote: Yes. It's a long shot theory, but working with the assumption of Gaia as being on some level consciously aware, perhaps planetary entities have more of a say in higher densities of the sort of entities that will live upon it's surface? I'm really just musing though.

The only relevant quote I know of seems to be saying that the planet is still part of the logos (sun):

Quote:29.9 Questioner: Then the planet which we walk upon here would be some form of sub-sub-Logos. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. A planetary entity is so named only as Logos if It is working in harmonic fashion with entities or mind/body complexes upon Its surface or within Its electromagnetic field.

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - 3D Sunset - 09-02-2010

(09-02-2010, 10:49 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote:
(09-01-2010, 01:36 PM)Lavazza Wrote: Yes. It's a long shot theory, but working with the assumption of Gaia as being on some level consciously aware, perhaps planetary entities have more of a say in higher densities of the sort of entities that will live upon it's surface? I'm really just musing though.

The only relevant quote I know of seems to be saying that the planet is still part of the logos (sun):

Quote:29.9 Questioner: Then the planet which we walk upon here would be some form of sub-sub-Logos. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. A planetary entity is so named only as Logos if It is working in harmonic fashion with entities or mind/body complexes upon Its surface or within Its electromagnetic field.

FYI. We've had some significant discussions pertaining to planets as logos in the thread called Logoi and co-creators on the Strictly Law of One forum.

3D Sunset

RE: We don't have a miniature golf thread yet - βαθμιαίος - 09-02-2010

Oh, right, I remember when you started that thread. Smile

Miniature Golf / Putting - Ashim - 09-06-2010

Miniature Golf – Basic Shotmaking

The following is an attempt to provide a brief ‘how to’ guide pertaining to the subject of putting in general.

Equipment, Alignment and the Pre-Shot Routine.

Decide if you are left or right-handed and choose a suitable club. Be aware of the correct length, lie angle, loft and grip size when trying out equipment.
Putters can be ‘faced balanced’, have ‘heel-toe weighting’ or be of ‘center-shafted’ or ‘blade’ design. Follow your instinct when choosing.
First align the putter with your body by means of a solid grip. Most players these days use the ‘reverse overlapping’ method which provides some stability of the left wrist during the stroke. Other players may grip ‘cack-handed’ or display very individual positioning of the hands. One would be well advised as beginner to hold the putter with both hands (palms) square to the target and both thumbs ‘on top’ of the flat surfaced putter grip.
Stand behind the ‘ball-to-target line’. After ‘reading the putt’ Identify your intermediate target on this line (tangent) but within 6-8ft of the ball if possible. Many players use the ‘rifle-sighting’ technique to locate this primary target.
Align the putter face in a 90° angle (square) to the intermediate (and real) target. Locate the ball opposite the ‘sweet spot’ or percussion center of the club head.
Place your feet at a comfortable width on a line inside and parallel to the ‘ball-to-target line’ positioning the ball slightly left of center. Align your eyes with the ‘ball-to-target line’ ensuring that your left eye (as right handed player) is directly over the ball.
This will give you the best possible ‘view’ of your club and your target line.
Make a small (12”) step away from the ball maintaining the same alignment to the target.
Make practice swings. Try to alternate your view from the ball, to the target and back to the ball whilst ‘weighing’ the speed of your stroke. Visualizing the ball contact and ‘following’ the result can be of great help.
Try to ‘see’ the track the ball will take on its way to the target. Play a short ‘video clip’ in your minds eye where the ball successfully reaches the target. Try to feel the emotion of ‘success’ prior to executing the shot.
Step back to the ball and remember to breathe.

The Putting Stroke

Learn and practice both the modern ‘pendulum stroke’ along with the more traditional (but enjoying a revival) ‘piston stroke’. This guide does not attempt to delve into such advanced teachings and refers at this stage to your local PGA Professional.

Hold the ‘feeling of success’ as your stoke the ball positively towards the target. Hold your head position for a brief moment and then turn your neck at 90° along the target line to allow your eyes to follow the ball.

Make an effort to ‘celebrate’ good shots but also to ‘forget’ those of poorer quality.

Love and Light

RE: Miniature Golf / Putting - Questioner - 09-06-2010

You have a far more sophisticated miniature gold technique than I do, my friend. My algorithm for miniature golf is:

1. grab the stick thingy
2. swing
3. hope!

RE: Miniature Golf / Putting - Ali Quadir - 09-06-2010

(09-06-2010, 03:21 PM)Questioner Wrote: 1. grab the stick thingy
2. swing
3. hope!

I'd add
4. Adjust the path of the ball with your foot.
and
5. Distract your opponents by pointing at imaginary dragons.

But that'd be it. Tongue

RE: Miniature Golf / Putting - Brittany - 09-08-2010

(09-06-2010, 03:21 PM)Questioner Wrote: You have a far more sophisticated miniature gold technique than I do, my friend. My algorithm for miniature golf is:

1. grab the stick thingy
2. swing
3. hope!

That's pretty much my interpretation of the game, too.

RE: Miniature Golf / Putting - Questioner - 09-08-2010

Ali, between us we now have first through fifth density techniques sorted out. Let's continue:

6 Make the course run downhill towards the goal
7 Recognize all the course is equally loved, so you don't have to hit the ball in any particular direction to win