Bring4th
What did Ra mean by...? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What did Ra mean by...? (/showthread.php?tid=15002)

Pages: 1 2

What did Ra mean by...? - Ankh - 11-16-2017

I am wondering if anyone can help me to understand a following answer from Ra:

"(That is a contributing factor to our more cautious approach at this date,) even as the need is power upon power greater, (and your people’s call is greater and greater)."

It is from Q/A 8.6.

What I have difficulties with is Ra's "...even as the need is power upon power greater..." Is it correct English? If so, then I don't understand what it means. Can someone please help me with that?

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Steppingfeet - 11-16-2017

(11-16-2017, 11:33 PM)Ankh Wrote: I am wondering if anyone can help me to understand a following answer from Ra:

"(That is a contributing factor to our more cautious approach at this date,) even as the need is power upon power greater, (and your people’s call is greater and greater)."

It is from Q/A 8.6.

What I have difficulties with is Ra's "...even as the need is power upon power greater..." Is it correct English? If so, then I don't understand what it means. Can someone please help me with that?

Can only speculate but given the context, Ra may simply be speaking to humanity's greater need for energy sources, aka: power.

In that Q&A Ra is saying that Confederation, naive again for the umpteenth time, shared information regarding alternate energy sources (one to Tesla, the other to Russians) that was in both cases co-opted or hijacked by the respective governments for purposes of the planetary game.

So since the aid that the Confederation previously offered was not used for its intended peaceful means, they are "more cautious" nowadays.

And then Ra found Elkins/Rueckert/McCarty. : )

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Ankh - 11-17-2017

(11-16-2017, 11:55 PM)Steppingfeet Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 11:33 PM)Ankh Wrote: I am wondering if anyone can help me to understand a following answer from Ra:

It is from Q/A 8.6.

Can only speculate but given the context, Ra may simply be speaking to humanity's greater need for energy sources, aka: power.

In that Q&A Ra is saying that Confederation, naive again for the umpteenth time, shared information regarding alternate energy sources (one to Tesla, the other to Russians) that was in both cases co-opted or hijacked by the respective governments for purposes of the planetary game.

So since the aid that the Confederation previously offered was not used for its intended peaceful means, they are "more cautious" nowadays.

And then Ra found Elkins/Rueckert/McCarty. : )

Thank you!

Is it correct English to say "even if the need is power upon power greater"? 

When I translated it to Swedish it sounds so weird. And I don't understand this sentence myself neither. 

The need can be greater and greater. So, in that sentence it is the need which "is". Then we have "power upon power". And that is when it stops to make sense to me what exactly Ra mean... 

If one is to re-write this sentence, could one say that "even if the needs of power is greater and greater"? (On the other hand, this is not what Ra said)

Thinking out loud here:

Confederation has now a more cautious approach, even though our people's call is greater and greater and the need (of Confederation contact?) is greater. But then it comes this "power upon power" in the middle of this sentence...? Uhum... Say what?

You, who are English speaking, does this sentence make sense? 

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Steppingfeet - 11-17-2017

(11-17-2017, 12:23 AM)Ankh Wrote: Thinking out loud here:

Confederation has now a more cautious approach, even though our people's call is greater and greater and the need (of Confederation contact?) is greater. But then it comes this "power upon power" in the middle of this sentence...? Uhum... Say what?

Oh, sorry, you were just asking about the meaning of those particular words, not the larger context.

Personally I'm not entirely sure. It could be a poetic turn of phrase to indicate that power is needed, and more power is needed, and more power is needed.

It could reflect the mathematical dynamics of the calling where the next call empowers and doubles all the previous calls.

I think it's general gist is to indicate increasing intensity. If the need is cake upon cake greater, you probably really need some cake, and a lot of it. : )

(And it isn't it right now like 6 or 7am in your world?)

(11-17-2017, 12:53 AM)Steppingfeet Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 12:23 AM)Ankh Wrote: Thinking out loud here:

Oh, sorry, you were just asking about the meaning of those particular words, not the larger context.

Personally I'm not entirely sure. It could be a poetic turn of phrase to indicate that power is needed, and more power is needed, and more power is needed.

It could reflect the mathematical dynamics of the calling where the next call empowers and doubles all the previous calls.

I think it's general gist is to indicate increasing intensity. If the need is cake upon cake greater, you probably really need some cake, and a lot of it. : )

(And it isn't it right now like 6 or 7am in your world?)

And does this sentence make sense to you?

Yes, it's almost 6 AM. Sometimes I wake up early, meditate and then translate Ra material since it is a requirement these days for me to be allowed to attend HC. BigSmile

And isn't it right now like midnight in your world? Waaay past the normal bed time? 

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Steppingfeet - 11-17-2017

(11-17-2017, 01:00 AM)Ankh Wrote: And does this sentence make sense to you?

Yes, it's almost 6 AM. Sometimes I wake up early, meditate and then translate Ra material since it is a requirement these days for me to be allowed to attend HC. BigSmile

And isn't it right now like midnight in your world? Waaay past the normal bed time? 

Does the original English sentence make sense to me? It is unusual syntax, but, yeah, it makes sense. (Presuming I'm understanding them correctly.)

Does your translation make sense? "even if the needs of power is greater and greater"

I think that is a fair paraphrasing. Though I'd be interested in other thoughts.

I think it's helpful not to get tripped up on the exact ordering and phrasing of the words, but instead to get a sense of the basic underlying meaning.

For instance, in Session 1 they say, "Took you then thought today?" No one in English ever asks if you "took thought today." But you can nevertheless more or less understand what they are saying. (Though in that case there may be implied meaning behind "taking thought," as they call thoughts "thought-forms.")

I know. I need to get to sleep. I'm going now. : )

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Aion - 11-17-2017

I think they are making a mathematical reference as Gary suggested. The call functions according to the "Power" principle of mathematics. The need and the call go hand in hand. The need is great and so the calls are great. I think that they are making a comparison to the last time they approached where there are many more seekers consciously calling at this point in time compared to when they were last in Egypt.

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - moyal - 11-17-2017

In the German version 'power' is translated as mathematical 'Potenz' (=Exponentiation).

From wikipedia:
Quote:The exponent is usually shown as a superscript to the right of the base. In that case, b^n is called "b raised to the n-th power", "b raised to the power of n", or "the n-th power of b".

-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponentiation

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Highrculling - 11-17-2017

My interpretation:
"(That's partially why we gotta be cautious now,) even though the need is going up, (and the call/for help to satisfy that need/ is also going up.)"

The /need/ here being the overall need for spiritual guidance rather than a specific need for power/fuel. But I could be wrong.

Edit: by the way it's 3pm here. what's up B4th

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Aaron - 11-17-2017

"power upon power greater" means take the power of the need of the past and multiply it by itself at least twice, and that equals the need at the time of channeling.

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - AnthroHeart - 11-17-2017

Yeah Aaron, I too think it is a mathematical power. Like 3^3^3 or 27^3.

(11-17-2017, 01:18 AM)Steppingfeet Wrote: Does your translation make sense?

No, it absolutely, really does not make sense in Swedish if I am to translate it as Ra said it: "...even as the need is power upon power greater".

Quote:"even if the needs of power is greater and greater"

I think that is a fair paraphrasing.

But that's not what they said...

Quote:I think it's helpful not to get tripped up on the exact ordering and phrasing of the words, but instead to get a sense of the basic underlying meaning.

That's what I usually do when something they said doesn't make sense initially. I usually try to understand for myself what they might have meant and after a while, a door opens and I see what they meant, or at least I think that I understand what they might have meant. But in this case I keep knocking on that door and it is still closed.

Quote:For instance, in Session 1 they say, "Took you then thought today?" No one in English ever asks if you "took thought today." But you can nevertheless more or less understand what they are saying.

It makes sense in Swedish too, as they said it. It doesn't sound fully correct and you still raise your eyebrows, but at least it makes somewhat sense. But the one that I am talking about doesn't.

(11-17-2017, 01:36 AM)moyal Wrote: In the German version 'power' is translated as mathematical 'Potenz' (=Exponentiation).

From wikipedia:

Quote:The exponent is usually shown as a superscript to the right of the base. In that case, b^n is called "b raised to the n-th power", "b raised to the power of n", or "the n-th power of b".

-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponentiation

Thank you. Yes, there are many words for "power" in Swedish too, so I guess that the question here is to determine what exact meaning Ra had behind the word "power" in the sentence I'm talking about.

(11-17-2017, 03:15 AM)Aaron Wrote: "power upon power greater" means take the power of the need of the past and multiply it by itself at least twice, and that equals the need at the time of channeling.

That's interesting. So, would you say that saying "even as the need is powering upon power greater" is the same thing as what Ra said?

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Aaron - 11-18-2017

(11-17-2017, 10:43 PM)Ankh Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 03:15 AM)Aaron Wrote: "power upon power greater" means take the power of the need of the past and multiply it by itself at least twice, and that equals the need at the time of channeling.

That's interesting. So, would you say that saying "even as the need is powering upon power greater" is the same thing as what Ra said?

That doesn't really make much sense. "Powering" as a verb means to provide power. And "upon power greater" is not an object or idea or system which can be powered.

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - isis - 11-18-2017

I think it just means: power upon power upon power...*indefinite end*
but I can see how it could mean: power upon even greater power...as opposed to just more of the same.

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 11-18-2017

I took it as meaning our power needs, in an ambiguous sense such as power of security through offensive weaponry, power as a resource, political power, all of which we erroneously believe to be necessities to our continuation, are in ever greater demand in our minds.

Such as power of better technology.  Power to better control the geopolitical climate.  Power of unlimited energy.  Power of freedom.  Spiritual power.  Mental and emotional power.

As well as any intended understanding such as most basically, power in the sense of energy or strength.

I think there may even be a hidden chakra reference to our internal beliefs of needing more power, such as polarization, or a lacking of a grasp of the self's true inner power associated with orange ray blockages.

They used that structured sentence as if an after remark to the incoming commentary. As if to say the call is ever greater as is the power we call for.

It could also just be an referenced exponential description.

What did you take away from it beyond utter confusion? What was your first intuited understanding? It may be the best one to stick with.

Ra often speaks generally and often ambiguously which really throws some people for a loop sometimes.  I personally think there's a lot of encoded information in the words of Ra.  Secret inferences and implied connections.  Perhaps even intended to help fill in the otherwise vast blanks of information should we stumble upon such meanings.

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Ankh - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 12:05 AM)Aaron Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 10:43 PM)Ankh Wrote:

That doesn't really make much sense. "Powering" as a verb means to provide power. And "upon power greater" is not an object or idea or system which can be powered.

No, it doesn't. 

(11-18-2017, 01:35 AM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: What did you take away from it beyond utter confusion? What was your first intuited understanding?  It may be the best one to stick with.

That the need for Confederation contact is greater and greater, but then they put this "power upon power" in the middle of it, and no matter how I turn it around this sentence just really doesn't make any sense to me. If it at least wouldn't make any sense to English speaking people either, then we could say - fine, translate it as it is and it doesn't matter that it doesn't make sense in Swedish as it doesn't make sense in English either. But Gary said that it does make sense in English, and so here I am - confused and trying to understand this sentence.

Is "power upon power" some sort of expression then in English language? I googled it but got nothing.

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - moyal - 11-18-2017

They say that they are careful to give information to help for harvest of humanity, because they made errors in the past. Even through they know that the need of humanity for this help is growing in an "accelerated way". (= exponential = "power upon power").

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Learner - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 03:47 AM)Ankh Wrote: Is "power upon power" some sort of expression then in English language? I googled it but got nothing.

I agree with Moyal and others who see "power upon power" as an indication the need being exponentially more. Power here didn't mean the need for power, but the mathematical meaning of power as Moyal explained. Since Ra had talked about the law of doubling: if two person have the same desire, the strength of that desire is doubled, so if n persons have the same desire, the desire is 2^n (2 to the nth power) stronger; if another m persons join in, then the strength is increased to 2^n*2^m. So "power upon power" is not an English expression per se, but it makes perfect sense here (literally as x-th power upon x-th power). I think it'd make perfect sense to Don for he was a scientist. It maybe more confusing to someone who is not well endowed in mathematics. 

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Aaron - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 03:47 AM)Ankh Wrote: Is "power upon power" some sort of expression then in English language? I googled it but got nothing.

It would a Ra-ism I guess. Poetic speech. Just something they would say. Another way of saying the sentence is:

"That is a contributing factor to our more cautious approach at this date, even as the need (for Confederation aid) is many multiple times greater, and your people’s call is greater and greater."

Thank you, everyone, for your input! I think that I understand now thanks to your aid!

Smile / Heart

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - kycahi - 02-27-2018

Ankh, I remember your English at the Homecoming years ago. It was excellent in vocabulary and grammar, and not much accent either.

Love from

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - DynamicBri - 03-10-2018

I always thought that "power upon power greater" was Ra's expanded way of saying "exponentially greater".

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Ankh - 11-22-2018

Hey guys,

New question. What do you think that Ra meant by: "...that each biological male is female; each biological female is male" in 5.2? I am specifically asking if they by "female" and/or "male" in this sentence meant that as in - each *man* is a *woman* and vice versa, or did they mean "female" and "male" here as an adjective? Because in English I guess that you could mean and say both (?), but in other languages you can not.

What's your take on it? I would really appreciate your input.

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - loostudent - 11-22-2018

(11-22-2018, 04:13 PM)Ankh Wrote: What do you think that Ra meant by: "...that each biological male is female; each biological female is male" in 5.2?

Maybe this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anima_and_animus

RE: What did Ra mean by...? - Ankh - 11-22-2018

I meant, did Ra mean by that sentence:

1. Every man is a woman. Every woman is a man.

2. Every female (as an adjective; like "female/girly dress") is male (as an adjective; like "male pair of pants")

Or, 

3. Every man is female (as an adjective); and every woman is male (as an adjective).

?