Bring4th
The Importance of Meditation - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The Importance of Meditation (/showthread.php?tid=15023)

The Importance of Meditation - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 11-24-2017

Quote:49.7 Questioner: Will you recommend a technique of meditation?
Ra: I am Ra. No.

Quote:60.2 Questioner: It is my opinion that the best way for the instrument to improve her condition is through periods of meditation followed by periods of contemplation with respect to the condition and its improvement. Could you tell me if I am correct and expand on my thinking?
Ra: I am Ra. Meditation and contemplation are never untoward activities. However, this activity will in all probability, in our opinion, not significantly alter the predispositions of this instrument which cause the fundamental distortions which we, as well as you, have found disconcerting.

Quote:49.8 Questioner: Is it better, or shall I say, does it produce more usable results in meditation to leave the mind, shall I say, as blank as possible; let it run down, so to speak, or is it better to focus in meditation on some object or some thing for concentration?
Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the last full query of this work time.

Each of the two types of meditation is useful for a particular reason. The passive meditation involving the clearing of the mind, the emptying of the mental jumble which is characteristic of mind complex activity among your peoples, is efficacious for those whose goal is to achieve an inner silence as a base from which to listen to the Creator. This is an useful and helpful tool and is by far the most generally useful type of meditation as opposed to contemplation or prayer.

The type of meditation which may be called visualization has as its goal not that which is contained in the meditation itself. Visualization is the tool of the adept. Those who learn to hold visual images in mind are developing an inner concentrative power that can transcend boredom and discomfort. When this ability has become crystallized in an adept the adept may then do polarizing in consciousness without external action which can affect the planetary consciousness. This is the reason for existence of the so-called White Magician. Only those wishing to pursue the conscious raising of planetary vibration will find visualization to be a particularly satisfying type of meditation.

Contemplation or the consideration in a meditative state of an inspiring image or text is extremely useful also among your peoples, and the faculty of will called praying is also of a potentially helpful nature. Whether it is indeed an helpful activity depends quite totally upon the intentions and objects of the one who prays.

May we ask if there are any brief queries at this time?

Quote:66.18 Questioner: Then in the case of an entity who becomes aware of its polarization with respect to service to others it might find a paradoxical situation in the case where it was unable to fully serve because of distortions chosen to reach that understanding which it has reached. At this point it would seem that the entity who was aware of the mechanism might, through meditation, understand the necessary mental configuration for alleviating the physical distortion so that it could be of greater service to others at this particular nexus. Am I correct in this thinking?
Ra: I am Ra. You are correct although we might note that there are often complex reasons for the programming of a distorted physical complex pattern. In any case, meditation is always an aid to knowing the self.

Quote:63.17 Questioner: Is the reason that they can do this and the fifth- and sixth-density Wanderers who are here cannot do it the fact that they have the fourth-density body in activation?
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. Wanderers are third-density activated in mind/body/spirit and are subject to the forgetting which can only be penetrated with disciplined meditation and working.

Quote:66.12 Questioner: Could you tell me the other ways that the entity could seek healing?
Ra: I am Ra. Perhaps the greatest healer is within the self and may be tapped with continued meditation as we have suggested.

The many forms of healing available to your peoples each have virtue and may be deemed appropriate by any seeker who wishes to alter the physical complex distortions or some connection between the various portions of the mind/body/spirit complex thereby.

Quote:52.11 Questioner: Thank you. Just a little point that was bothering me of no real importance.

Well, is there then, from the point of view of an individual who wishes to follow the service-to-others path from our present position in third density, is there anything of importance other than disciplines of personality, knowledge of self, and strengthening of will?
Ra: I am Ra. This is technique. This is not the heart. Let us examine the heart of evolution.

Let us remember that we are all one. This is the great learning/teaching. In this unity lies love. This is a great learn/teaching. In this unity lies light. This is the fundamental teaching of all planes of existence in materialization. Unity, love, light, and joy; this is the heart of evolution of the spirit.

The second-ranking lessons are learn/taught in meditation and in service. At some point the mind/body/spirit complex is so smoothly activated and balanced by these central thoughts or distortions that the techniques you have mentioned become quite significant. However, the universe, its mystery unbroken, is one. Always begin and end in the Creator, not in technique.

Quote:15.14 Questioner: Yesterday you stated “the harvest is now. There is not at this time any reason to include efforts upon these distortions toward longevity, but rather to encourage distortions towards the heart of self. For this which resides clearly in the violet-ray energy field will determine the harvest of each mind/body/spirit complex.” Could you tell us how to seek or the best way to seek the heart of self?
Ra: I am Ra. We have given you this information in several wordings. However, we can only say the material for your understanding is the self: the mind/body/spirit complex. You have been given information upon healing, as you call this distortion. This information may be seen in a more general context as ways to understand the self. The understanding, experiencing, accepting, and merging of self with self and with other-self, and finally with the Creator, is the path to the heart of self. In each infinitesimal part of your self resides the One in all of Its power. Therefore, we can only encourage these lines of contemplation, always stating the prerequisite of meditation, contemplation, or prayer as a means of subjectively/objectively using or combining various understandings to enhance the seeking process. Without such a method of reversing the analytical process, one could not integrate into unity the many understandings gained in such seeking.

Quote:10.14 Questioner: For general development [of the] reader of this book, could you state some of the practices or exercises to perform to produce an acceleration toward the Law of One?
Ra: I am Ra.

Exercise One. This is the most nearly centered and usable within your illusion complex. The moment contains love. That is the lesson/goal of this illusion or density. The exercise is to consciously seek that love in awareness and understanding distortions. The first attempt is the cornerstone. Upon this choosing rests the remainder of the life-experience of an entity. The second seeking of love within the moment begins the addition. The third seeking powers the second, the fourth powering or doubling the third. As with the previous type of empowerment, there will be some loss of power due to flaws within the seeking in the distortion of insincerity. However, the conscious statement of self to self of the desire to seek love is so central an act of will that, as before, the loss of power due to this friction is inconsequential.

Exercise Two. The universe is one being. When a mind/body/spirit complex views another mind/body/spirit complex, see the Creator. This is an helpful exercise.

Exercise Three. Gaze within a mirror. See the Creator.

Exercise Four. Gaze at the creation which lies about the mind/body/spirit complex of each entity. See the Creator.

The foundation or prerequisite of these exercises is a predilection towards what may be called meditation, contemplation, or prayer. With this attitude, these exercises can be processed. Without it, the data will not sink down into the roots of the tree of mind, thus enabling and ennobling the body and touching the spirit.

What is The Importance of Meditation?

I have tried for a while now to find a means of seeking without meditation.  Perhaps I am giving up prematurely but my overall experience is one less than successful.  It would seem that the as-is human mind is gummed up with a clutter of emptiness (...Okay I'll explain further...).

That emptiness is actually just the jargon of a computer processing willynilly all this information without guidance, alignment, configuration, set, or direction.  It is free.  Free to be all of waste and uselessness or gain and usefulness.

The mind of hu-mon-ity is rather inundated with shallow superficial crap in parts, yet in others it is clearly only so because at the core of its creation, it is seeking.

We all have 'unique circuitry', or plainly stated, we are programming itself, and we program ourselves (with help from higher portions of ourselves, the proverbial higher self is the programmer), and if left to our own unguided devices, our programming in its freedom goes its own way.

It would seem that to only contemplate is to invite the ego subroutine to scramble the subconscious efforts of alignment.  There is dynamic programming, complexity equations leading to solutions or further problems to be solved, but overall, it is that the free mind is designed with a proclivity towards imbalance, as an opposition or 'obstacle' to be solved by the inhabiting consciousness of that mind.

In essence, I am a puzzle of circuitry waiting to be stilled, opened, and reprogrammed, in order to be completed.  The complete puzzle allows the consciousness to manifest over the ego, the soul self emerges until the puzzle is reset by its evolution into a new puzzle.

I tried my best to let the scrambling effect of ego to go on as I tried to align myself one way or another, variously in various ways, towards service to others and seeking truth.  Research, speculation, contemplation, writing, enactment, reading, egoic rituals (like tea time or hookah), yoga, thought challenges, mental honing, exercise, thought arrangement and mapping (thoughtform mapping and/or circuitry mapping), conversation, teaching...  Overall I stopped meditation a bit after 2015, this came with much warning from a thoughtform/guide I had at the time manifested in 2014 whom I simply called Love.  S/he warned me lovingly several times that if I stop meditating, they'll disappear.

That was the first chapter of a journey into and through hell.

I have tried to reconcile the reality that many people haven't even a feeble meager desire to meditate, that to many it is a waste of time, sitting still, no thought, no motion, no sound, 'just being' is lame to hu-mon-ity.  Can anyone say

BORIIIING

And yet we all seek inner peace, joy, happiness, and contentment, and then our free minds set out, like The Fool of it's own layer of reality, seeking naively that happiness, avoiding every route that leads right to happiness because its 'uninteresting'.  Boring.  Dull.  Perhaps appearing even pointless and a waste of time.

It is no wonder the hu-mon mind is so passionate, so suffered with disappointment and frustration to find in passion such beauty in a humdrum rolling crash of water (waves), or sway of branches, or lulling roll of pockets of white dust in the sky (clouds).  It refuses in freedom without intentionally exploring.

Some would say humanity is meant to explore, but we are such a lazy people, we could all learn something if we applied that laziness to our internal searching.

But alas, whom even knows to search internally, much less to do so by meditation?

It would seem this is the nature of our design, to be embraced, and thusly transformed.

The Importance of Meditation is paramount, integral, to all things spiritual, philosophical, esoteric, and divine.  Without telling that program to go into standby mode to receive new updates, it will continually search until its reached a critical point of breaking into absurdity and fantasy, or it will lull itself into perpetual slumber brought on by the depression of failure and insecurity.

I put it off because I was trying to find a way to be as one whom meditates without meditating.

I have wasted a lot of time...

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Jade - 11-25-2017

Yes, it is a great paradox that one must do something so "boring", but the end results are creating a much more exciting and engaging reality.

Seriously, just meditate. Don't overthink it. You can do it for FIVE MINUTES, just do it every single day. I attribute nothing else as highly to my own peace of mind as I do my serious, daily meditation. I feel like Ra, and Q'uo, beat us over the head with that one. Take the time in meditation, every day, to connect with the creator. It's not about how well you do, or if you have visions or hear voices - which I NEVER do - it's about intention - the intention to take this role as an adept seriously, and make a serious attempt to seek the Creator every day. As enlightening as it can be, posting on Bring4th is not seeking the Creator in the same way. Meditation is a very specific and deliberate and necessary means of seeking the Creator for someone who is serious about integrating spiritual philosophy.

I think of the computer analogy all the time. Think of a really super fast desktop computer. But it gets tons of malware and adware installed constantly that drain all the background processes. Meditation is like rebooting your brain computer and getting a (basically) clean slate to work with - and after a reboot to kill all the idle processes, the computer runs much more quickly and smoothly. Of course, slowly the processes that drain its power build up... so you need another reboot.

It also grows the brain. It's proven science that daily meditation grows matter in the brain. I've said it before, but I think absolutely everyone on this planet would take a pill that grows their brains - and even pay lots of money with their labor for it - but nobody wants to sit down for 10 minutes a day thinking about nothing. Which is understandable, there is so much to think about! This planet is so exciting!

Here's my experience: Yes, meditation itself is boring. Yes, I have to fight against a huge struggle to distract myself often. During meditation, it feels good, I like it a lot, but I don't open the tent to a circus or anything. I find the effects are very subtle but accumulative - things don't trigger me to anger or frustration near as much, I receive/feel "spontaneous insights" throughout the day much more regularly, and, for outward manifestation/confirmation, I have strangers comment on my energy/aura/presence with praise and positivity. This isn't to brag, this is to speak of what I see as the intangible effects of meditation. What I believe is directly, physically happening while we meditate is that we are lowering the frequency of our brainwaves (fact) so that outside guides/friends/our higher self are able to download/integrate/help reprogram the jumbled electromagnetic mess that happens inside our complicated mind complexes.

Think of this analogy: Ra says there are Two Paths, of course in fact there are many paths. Inside our brains are paths - neural pathways that thoughts travel upon. Every time we think a thought - "I'm not good enough" for instance - that thought travels down the same pathway. Eventually, that pathway becomes so well worn, that thoughts just find there way there - "I'm not good enough" is an easy and well-traveled pathway, much more in use than many of the others. We can definitely create new pathways with our will - positive mantras, written reminders - which is a lot of effort and time and catalyst and well worth all of it. But I think meditation is a passive way to rearrange our neural pathways so that our thoughts are less distorted.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - AnthroHeart - 11-25-2017

I use Holosync for meditation, and I can go 1.5 hours just listening to the calming nature sounds with binaural beats.

You can use binaural beats to change your brainwave frequencies if you want to go deeper.

There's an album I believe called Insight, that is much cheaper and is said to do the same thing.

But Holosync is like an 8-10 year commitment, every day, to change. It can be pretty expensive.

So I like to use technology with my meditation to get deeper and reach more profound levels within my subconscious.
Thing is if I fall asleep it is still working. And this can take you into Delta frequencies which can knock you out.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Night Owl - 11-25-2017

What I find most people have in common when trying to meditate unsuccessfully is they try way too hard. I had this problem for a long while, and it still happen to me sometimes although I had a good breakthrough a little while ago. The answer is as simple as to not try so hard. Try easy instead. You can't force meditation to happen, meditation happen by itself when you stop trying to get a hold of it. The popular thing to say is to empty the mind but then it is very tempting to fight against the thoughts that pop up, to judge them, to repress them. But that is the mind fighting the mind. Instead allow them to be without even trying to think about it, accept them, just contemplate and eventually they stop bothering you. Meditation will find you when you are in an allowing state.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Infinite - 11-26-2017

Do you know others L/L Research's channelings? Frequently the Confederation's members recommend meditation. In the introdution of Ra material is said that meditation can remove totally our illusion and the veil. It's an important tool of an adept, because the magick work needs altered states of consciousness. Meditation is a way to domine them.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Jade - 11-26-2017

I think the most concisely important quote regarding meditation is this one:

Quote:66.12 Questioner: Could you tell me the other ways that the entity could seek healing?

Ra: I am Ra. Perhaps the greatest healer is within the self and may be tapped with continued meditation as we have suggested.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - rva_jeremy - 11-26-2017

I struggled way too much for way too long. For me, it was the idea that if I wasn't having some pivotal metaphysical experience, my meditation was not successful. So I would get bored, too, and I'd set my goals so ridiculously that I could never achieve them. I sabotaged myself, and I think a lot of people do this.

Pema Chödrön talks about the way meditation helps you practice refraining, by which she means our impulse to fill what we perceive as empty space. She also describes "entertainment mentality" that seeks stimulus rather than observance, and those concepts have helped me look at meditation as filling several roles at once, so it doesn't have to be an amazing experience every time for it to be worthwhile and rewarding. Fundamentally, meditation is about de-conditioning ourselves from this mentality that seeks to be always be stimulated from without by entertainment, to not need be compelled by our reflexive reactions.

Meditation is the practice of discipline, of gently bringing yourself back every time you go down a mental rabbit hole and lose your focus. It's the practice in getting to know yourself, which is all you're left with once you've stopped distracting yourself with thought. It's the practice of concentration, so that our attention is under our control rather than we under its control. It's the practice of letting go, of touching and releasing thoughts, of observing what happens when a thought enthralls us and feeling what happens after that. It's a prayer to our greater selves, a celebration of how infinite we are.

More than anything else, I think I had to get to a point where I saw meditation as an adventure. But this required me to get to a point where I was interested in myself, in how I felt and thought. I had to be willing to look at and feel things I used to avoid. I started to see meditation as a whole new way to experience this incarnation, something that was worth having patience with because it couldn't fail to yield up the kinds of experiences I had learned to value. It's not something I crave necessarily, but doing it often enough, it anchors you to a very refined mindset.

Once you think you're worth exploring, and you take what meditation has to show you about yourself seriously, I don't think you can really ever consider it boring anymore.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Jade - 11-26-2017

Lovely, Jeremy! I guess I'm very luckily that I glommed on immediately to a Q'uo channeling that offered a very clear message that the fruit of meditation wasn't important. If I had ever placed too much weight upon my experiences during meditation, I would have immediately given up and thrown in the towel every other day. It's good to remember the the effects are accumulative, very slowly. We are planting seeds. The seeds that grow into the biggest and strongest trees take a bit longer to fruit. Some may need to lie dormant for conditions to better themselves for successful germination. But if you plant the same seed every day, eventually you will have a successful bounty.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Nau7ik - 11-27-2017

Thank you for putting all these passages in one place! I believe meditation is the cornerstone of spiritual practice. Before I encountered the LOO, I had tried establishing a daily consistent spiritual practice, and I was not successful. I did it for a few months, missing a day or two or three in between many times. Then stopped altogether. It wasn’t until after I read the LOO that I was able to establish a daily meditation practice. It was actually when I was reading through the channeling archives. The Confederarion entities kept suggesting to meditate and finally I said one day, “why am I not meditating?” From that point onward I have been meditating every day for 20-45 minutes. 20 minutes is a short meditation for me, the average is 35-40 minutes, a long meditation is 45+ minutes.

I encourage daily meditation! Even when you’re not feeling well or when you’re not feeling “spiritual”. Consistency is key! Keep knocking at that door, show yourself and the Creator that you’re serious. The deep mind is “courted” by the positive seeker. The treasure gained from such gentle, patience courtship is great.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Cobrien - 11-27-2017

Meditation is relief from the onslaught of catalyst.

There is nothing more valuable than knowing the self. Meditation is the most efficient way to find yourself.

As time goes on I become more practiced at meditation. It ironic to say practiced because the goal is integration thru experiential terms of catalyst. The mental healing disciplines Ra outlines give importance to knowing and accept the self and other self and observing ratios of the mind. The two balancing exercises most helpful are to find love in the moment and to gaze into a mirror. The profundities partially peeked at thru the veil are best articulated thru the kabbalah or in my opinion tarot.

Knowing the self is hard work. When I started meditating I could not grasp the essence (idk what to call it). Ra talks about deciding to love as being the most important decision you can make with regards to further life experience. It's hard to see the decision to love as being applicable in the unkind world. Then I resolved to heal myself.

It is always to meditation I turn. Ra describes clearing meditation and visualization meditation. By the same token Edgar Cayce describe listening to the creator (meditation) and talking to the creator (prayer).

I don't believe daily meditation is necessary. So much is dependent on the emotional state you are in. Time and time again I have found meditation to calm the waters of my Spirit. Fundamental difficulties, while ultimately resting in lack of honesty with self, are challenging to clearly describe. Thus the answer must be found by going deeper into the waters to tap the virgin mind.

How my practice developed was at first very unbalanced. Gaining balance is a very pragmatic thing. Meditation is the key. Silence is the door to open.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - loostudent - 12-03-2017

I have to move (or better keep still) my lazy ass and meditate more often. It's hard to begin because it takes some effort, organizing and discipline but after entering I'm always glad for it. Sometimes nothing special is feeled, just relaxation. Sometimes I feel blessed with fruits - spiritual joy, illumination. I believe you can't earn this fruits with meditation but you can prepare a good soil. Fruits are the gift of grace. This is also explained in the book Carla recommended - The Art of Meditation (J. S. Goldsmith).

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Jade - 12-03-2017

Here's a Q'uo quote that the L/L Facebook page shared a few days ago:

Quote:The practice of meditation is a practice of silence. The times of visualization, affirmation and other work in consciousness, while equally valuable and worthy of doing, are not the same in terms of that which is required and that which is a good resource for that activity as meditation. So let us simply, briefly state that it is well to retain times within each day when one practices the presence of the one infinite Creator, not by thought, by affirmation, or by any other aspect of the conscious human mind, but by listening to that silence which is pregnant with the one infinite Creator’s presence and truth.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 12-03-2017

I am beginning to see meditation as a sort of mental exercise.  Where the body is naturally not constantly active and thus requires motion to exercise, the mind is ALWAYS active, and so exercise for it comes in the form of stilling that activity and maintaining stillness.

Silence is ambient stillness to me~

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Cobrien - 12-03-2017

(12-03-2017, 10:03 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: I am beginning to see meditation as a sort of mental exercise.  Where the body is naturally not constantly active and thus requires motion to exercise, the mind is ALWAYS active, and so exercise for it comes in the form of stilling that activity and maintaining stillness.

I think of meditation and prayer as a time to tune the creative forces of the collective psyche and individualize further by developing the spirit.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - GentleReckoning - 12-04-2017

Without meditation it is very difficult to balance many distortions. You become reliant on luck to provide you with the exact situations to cause eureka or healing. There are relational meditations such as circling and T-Group that are designed to provide these, but they're pretty $$$ intensive, and aren't likely to interest people that don't meditate anyway.

With meditation you can reach states such as: "The observant soul."

This is a state where you can tune into others and basically read their subconscious mind. You can be aware if something or someone validates or invalidates you as a person, and begin to stand for yourself in negative situations. And finally, you begin to manifest many psychic phenomena which reinforce the truth that physical reality is transparent as cloth.

Finally, you can reach a state that I can only call divine. Where any and all information flows to you. You have constant DMT flowing through your third eye, allowing an awareness of the cosmic order of reality without all of the distracting trippy visuals.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - GentleReckoning - 12-04-2017

(12-04-2017, 06:13 AM)GentleReckoning Wrote: Without meditation it is very difficult to balance many distortions. You become reliant on luck to provide you with the exact situations to cause eureka or healing. There are relational meditations such as circling and T-Group that are designed to provide these, but they're pretty $$$ intensive, and aren't likely to interest people that don't meditate anyway.

With meditation you can reach states such as: "The observant soul."

This is a state where you can tune into others and basically read their subconscious mind. You can be aware if something or someone validates or invalidates you as a person, and begin to stand for yourself in negative situations. And finally, you begin to manifest many psychic phenomena which reinforce the truth that physical reality is transparent as cloth.

Finally, you can reach a state that I can only call divine. Where any and all information flows to you (basically a savant). You have constant DMT flowing through your third eye, allowing an awareness of the cosmic order of reality without all of the distracting trippy visuals. Finally, you start to pre-balance reality months, years, or lifetimes in advance.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Jade - 12-04-2017

(12-03-2017, 10:03 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: I am beginning to see meditation as a sort of mental exercise.  Where the body is naturally not constantly active and thus requires motion to exercise, the mind is ALWAYS active, and so exercise for it comes in the form of stilling that activity and maintaining stillness.

Yes, it's like how Ra says trees use movement for their meditation, since they are in a constant state of stillness, they need the balance.

I see it as exercise, too. I've used the analogy for myself for a marathon, too. When you start running, it's impossible to get more than a block without feeling winded and miserable, so most people don't take up running. But with practice and dedication, running becomes much easier, and actually helps people reach altered states of consciousness (extreme workouts release natural cannabanoids into the system). If you slow down your normal exercise routine and start running less, your body begins to lose its elasticity and eventually all that you have gained is lost.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Infinite Unity - 12-04-2017

I could definitely agree to what your saying here, but one of the aspects is definitely about finding the true self, or the one that is doing the thinking.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Bring4th_Austin - 12-04-2017

It seems to me that the scientific community is coming around in regards to meditation, a little bit anyways. Now that they have instruments that can effectively measure the physical effects on the brain, they no longer have to rely personal testimony (thousands of years worth from multiple cultures...).

There have been a couple of "scientific views" of meditation that have helped me in my approach to meditation specifically. I suppose in the same vein of that skeptical scientific community, it is understanding how meditation is working that helps me to feel that the effort put forth is worth it.

The first one relies on the concept of neuroplasticity - the concept that the brain has the ability to reorganize itself changing the neural pathways. Within this concept is myelination, that neural pathways will become "hardened" or more set as a pathway is reinforced through continued use. Essentially, when we think a thought, perform an action, feel an emotion, or do anything that activates certain neural pathways, those things become easier for the brain to access later. They will arise more often and with less resistance.

There have been studies that show that, during meditation, we are creating neural pathways between the two halves of the brain (or perhaps more specifically, between the various modes of perception and function in various regions of the brain). To continuously enter into this mindset would help to solidify a more holistic perspective, one in which a broader view of any given catalyst comes more readily throughout the day.

On top of this, when entering a state of meditation, the neuroplasticity of our brain increases. The "hardened" neural pathways get a bit looser and easier to reconfigure. This helps us to break old habits or paradigms within our thinking. If we have something we have struggled with and want to change, the act of meditation allows for this to change easier - not necessarily through meditating on the subject, but entering into a state where the brain is more receptive to change.

The other scientific view of meditation is similar but from a slightly different perspective. It comes from a book I read recently titled The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It. Not a big fan of the full title, but I found the book itself incredibly interesting. It focuses on cultivating willpower to do things we want to do or not do things we don't want to do - addictions, bad habits, etc. I was very happy that a lot of the science present was very much in-line with the Law of One. It talked about how self-judgment makes positive change more difficult and self-acceptance facilitates positive change.

The author, of course, brings up meditation as a method of cultivating the willpower we desire to do better in our lives. The interesting thing is that she talks about how "bad" meditations are actually more useful for cultivating this willpower than "good" meditations. The evaluation of good or bad here is whether or not you are able to enter into a truly quiet state of mind versus whether you feel your mind constantly wandering and being distracted.

She talks about it is the act of dedicating yourself to the process of meditating and coming back to it over and over that strengthens the ability for us to make the choices we want to make it life. When we gently guide ourselves back to the silence and attention of meditation, we are "practicing" guiding the self back to a state of observance rather than activity. These distractions in meditation can be related directly to how we find ourselves giving in to "bad" decisions in our lives. When we want to eat healthier but a pass a bakery with the smell of big cookies wafting out, we become more able to simply observe the desire to stop and buy a cookie rather than actually act on that desire.

This "practice" results in a strengthened willpower muscle. One way to frame it is not in the terms of willpower, but mindfulness. This is essentially practicing allowing a distraction or urge to be brought back to observance. And the funny thing is, this benefit is most present when meditations have a lot of distraction and struggle to stay focused. It is the dedication to staying focused despite distraction that has a powerful effect.

The implications of this grow out into the catalyst we experience on our spiritual paths, I think. If we find ourselves distracted on our spiritual path, that distraction is catalyst for us to learn more about ourselves. When we can observe our desires or distortions that distract us rather than act on them, we learn about where they come from and enter a deeper understanding of our natures and what we are here to learn and balance.

It goes along the lines of what Jade is saying, I think, and reminds me of Ra talking about the adept being one who develops "an inner concentrative power that can transcend boredom and discomfort." Practicing meditation despite boredom or discomfort results in an ability to truly become conscious co-Creators as we become less beholden to whims of the distracted mind and body and more able to observe and participate in a present moment.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 12-04-2017

Not gonna lie, that entire post was intellectually erotic for me, Austin.

May I have some more? Ahahah!

This is what I'm talking about.  The Importance of Meditation, it can bring us closer to our freeform selves, it quiets the personality shell's processor to listen to the one making the thoughts and not the one processing ALL of them.  The soul is the originator of thoughts and emotions for humanity, the brain is just the interface that manifests those energies into the physical.  Meditation seems to take that interface and tune it to a deeper frequency, the brain is also an antennae in that it has frequencies it emits and receives in tandem with the entire nervous system attached to the heart and gut.

The soul overlaying that nervous system, aka the energetic body, seems to be attached to those deeper frequencies only attainable by slowing down and resting, if not in bodily sleep then mental meditation.

The loud activity of a beta wave brain is like a veil in itself, casting manifestations of illusions of seperation when even the brain can see unity and oneness.  The meditation deepening those brain waves brings us closer to our true selves underneath and inside the flesh.

Thank you for all of your participation everyone Smile

RE: The Importance of Meditation - AnthroHeart - 12-04-2017

Sometimes when I meditate, I can ask a question to the stillness and get an answer. It's like my intuition, or maybe guide is speaking to me. It's like in my voice from what I recall.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Cobrien - 12-04-2017

When you are to hold focus, the subjective self comes into view. It composition is cumulative of catalyst no matter how loosely put in terms of experience. Underlying this is the totality and totality as movement. The movement is what we call thought.

The practice of staring into a mirror is very valuable. Because you internalize an increasingly defined picture of yourself as you continue to develop the attention span to recognize the constant reaction upon bombardment of catalyst.

Experiential terms then shifts to one's relationship to the world thru the societal self and instance of other self as focus continues to develop.

Innocent emotional complexes need to be understood concisely.

Thoughts can dance (eccentrically, as Ra said for our peoples) between various energy centers.

In my experience self-initiation was needed before I understood and accepted the necessity for meditation. My practice persisted mainly staring at a mirror for quite a while. At some point I felt the need to clearly understand how I felt about myself or even surviving. The experiences had only sunk in when I started mediatation

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 12-12-2017

How and where do you all meditate?

I could use some ideas.

Is it embarrassing to anyone to be seen meditating?

Do you have any preferred places for meditation?

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Jade - 12-13-2017

I think the rule is where you can be most comfortable for the longest time. Whether it's an oversized chair, a couch, a yoga mat on the floor (me), it's just where you feel comfortable. Lighting an incense always helps set the mood for me.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - Cobrien - 12-14-2017

(12-12-2017, 09:56 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: How and where do you all meditate?

I could use some ideas.

Is it embarrassing to anyone to be seen meditating?

Do you have any preferred places for meditation?

How I meditate depends on what Im trying to do.

The best insight I can give is learn to be with yourself.

I meditate anywhere I can be alone. Psychic disturbances are easy when others pass by. Ive been startled because of another's presence while meditating.

I believe writing is also an effective self therapy tool.

It can take a great effort to be comfortable enough with yourself, circumstances, others to be serene and listen to the dance of polaris within and guidance of the north star.

Dedicating a place for meditation sounds like a great idea

RE: The Importance of Meditation - kycahi - 02-26-2018

In Don's Freshman Physics class, he announced that in the last class of the quarter, he would tell us the best way to prepare for a final exam. The time came, and he said this, without once saying the m-word: "Find a quiet place with very few distractions, sit comfortably with your back fairly straight and stare at a tree or flower, then think of nothing. This won't happen at first, but keep making the attempt."

All of us just wondered what he was even talking about, but a few tried it and a few of them said they thought it helped. I tried and thought I failed, but a couple of years later, I took a Thermodynamics class where I took notes off the board but otherwise didn't study or even do homework.

I was about to drop out of the Engineering school, but went into meditation before and during the week of final exams. The Thermodynamics final was three problems, and I read them over and then flipped through my notes and found what looked like good equations to use. I wrote them down and then plugged in some numbers from the problems and derived some results. I got credit for solving two of the problems, and so did one other guy. The rest solved one or none of them, so I got a passing grade for that class. That was proof enough for me. BigSmile

RE: The Importance of Meditation - CurtisUSA - 03-04-2018

How often and how long do you generally meditate, I use to do it daily for 20 mins, then later raised it to 50 mins daily and I noticed it really helped me, the scripts and chatter in my mind shut down to a much greater extent.

RE: The Importance of Meditation - AnthroHeart - 03-04-2018

(03-04-2018, 02:18 PM)CurtisUSA Wrote: How often and how long do you generally meditate, I use to do it daily for 20 mins, then later raised it to 50 mins daily and I noticed it really helped me, the scripts and chatter in my mind shut down to a much greater extent.

An hour a day with Holosync (like listening to binaural beats with headphones) but it sounds like rain.
May go up to an hour and a half, but not certain. It's expensive, but with that it doesn't matter if your mind wanders, it still works. I find I don't get angry as much.

I also do about an hour of hypnosis each day for the last 6 or so days.