Bring4th
Bible verses to support Law of One - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Strictly Law of One Material (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bible verses to support Law of One (/showthread.php?tid=15078)

Bible verses to support Law of One - Namasteneko - 12-20-2017

Hello, friends.

I am discussing the non-duality of the Universe and the need to see and love all other selves for they can be teachers and mirrors of the selves we are with a Christian friend.

He thinks this concept is too esoteric, too Jedi, and reeks of Eastern philosophy.

I would like to relate it to him in a way he can read and comprehend thus Bible verses.

What verses from the Bible can you all think of that help illustrate the idea that (just gonna pasre part of our discussion):

Quote:Every single person out there wants happiness. Some define that different than others. Money. Power. Greed. Pain. Sorrow. Happiness to one is not always the same for another. Just like we are a self, so too they are a self. Every other being is an other-self. They are mere reflections of who we are inside. They are teachers and we are their students much like we are teachers and they are our students. That which we have aversion to is merely a reflection of who and what we need to work on internally. The duality of us and them... the separation we think exists ... is an illusion. It is a distortion created by our mind. Ultimately everything comes from a single source. All is One. We are them. We create our reality. Miserable on the inside and we'll see misery outside. Happy and love inside and we begin to see things as it actually is. If all comes from God and all returns to God, then all is of God and we are to love and honor Him, that means loving and honoring all of those we share this space with.

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - Sprout - 12-20-2017

Hey, I don't quite understand what you mean by. Your friend is a christian and you're trying to teach him the LOO? If so, are you sure it's a good idea to challenge his belief in such a way?

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - Billz - 12-20-2017

It is esoteric and Jedi and Eastern and all those. Look at The Matrix and Star Wars and all those contemporary references which have been screaming for your attention since the beginning of time. I believe that "teachers" have been trying to put these references in front of us for a millennia.

I can quote you bible references that brought me here. Passages like Romans 12:2 "be not conformed to this world,..." or Matthew 22:36 regarding the greatest commandment. There are dozens more. However, this won't lead anyone to the truth if they are already looking for it. And that's OK.

We are all One.

Everyone will get here in their own time. Entire philosophies have been ground under the boots of religious dogma trying to save other groups from themselves. Don't drive your friend away with an over zealous approach. Let him see you "walk the walk" and "talk the talk" and be the Light that shines from The LOO for all the world to see. Love him/her right where he/she is...Matthew 15:16 "Let your light shine before men..." Just love 'em. They'll follow...

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - Namasteneko - 12-20-2017

It has nothing to do with challenging his belief. I'm not even sure how LOO falls away from what is written throughout the Bible. Some things yes but the point is more to.illustrate the need for love and acceptance of neighbors (all beings) than hatred, animosity, or ill will toward them.

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - Sprout - 12-20-2017

Still unsure what you're asking us, but I found this hope it helps!

Quote:17.30 Questioner: Well, if an entity wants to learn ways of it, wants to be of service to others rather than service to self while he is in this third density, are there best ways of being of service to others, or is any way just as good as any other way?
Ra: I am Ra. The best way to be of service to others has been explicitly covered in previous material. We will iterate briefly.

The best way of service to others is the constant attempt to seek to share the love of the Creator as it is known to the inner self. This involves self knowledge and the ability to open the self to the other-self without hesitation. This involves, shall we say, radiating that which is the essence or the heart of the mind/body/spirit complex.

Speaking to the intention of your question, the best way for each seeker in third density to be of service to others is unique to that mind/body/spirit complex. This means that the mind/body/spirit complex must then seek within itself the intelligence of its own discernment as to the way it may best serve other-selves. This will be different for each. There is no best. There is no generalization. Nothing is known.

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - Minyatur - 12-20-2017

(12-20-2017, 04:28 PM)Namasteneko Wrote: It has nothing to do with challenging his belief. I'm not even sure how LOO falls away from what is written throughout the Bible. Some things yes but the point is more to.illustrate the need for love and acceptance of neighbors (all beings) than hatred, animosity, or ill will toward them.

In the heart of this, this came to mind :

Quote:34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

I like the end of it : All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. Let's say if he didn't get this from the bible, then none of the Prophets did reach to him Tongue.

Also like how it says : And the second is like it, which hints that to love your neighbour as yourself is alike to love God with all you are.

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - Jade - 12-20-2017

I would suggest something written by Carla maybe, like Living the Law of One 101. I actually haven't read that one (blasphemy), but Carla came from a very devout Christian background, and carried that through all of her channeling. She believes very strongly that the Law of One and Christianity are perfect companions. Plenty of bits of the Old Testament worried her, but Jesus + Law of One = yes.

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - APeacefulWarrior - 12-21-2017

Heh, Carla was so devoutly Christian that there was an entity they contacted a few times in the Q'uo sessions, calling himself Yadda, who would jokingly chide her for her focus on Jesus and suggest she try to expand her philosophical horizons. I remember him saying something close to, "Why you not challenge me in name of Zarathustra? He was a good guy too, you know!"

I kinda wished they'd channeled Yadda more. He was funny, but I don't think the group understood what he was trying to communicate. He was an S/M/C made up of former Chinese incarnations, so he had a really Buddhist/Daoist take on things.

Anyways, on the topic... I think the issue here is that the teachings of Ra are --in large part-- focused on the big picture. The Law of One itself is a very high-level concept, one that is arguably of limited use when it comes to one's day to day life while incarnated. To understand that All are One may bring a person philosophical peace, or help open their heart to God/Creator, but it doesn't actually dispel the false-but-real distortion that makes us see each other as separate.

Jesus, otoh, was focused almost entirely on more practical down-to-earth matters. Whether or not he grasped Oneness is not a topic I'd want to speculate on, but if he did, I strongly suspect he would have realized it's not an idea that would be easily -or usefully- communicated to his followers. Instead, I see Oneness poking out in between the edges of his sermons on topics of universal love and forgiveness. If one believes, as a practical matter, that it is best to love all others as oneself, and to forgive all faults in others as you would like to be forgiven, then from there it's only a small philosophical jump to seeing the unity in all people.

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - Sacred Fool - 12-21-2017

Here's a line of thought.  What might be the impulse behind the Golden Rule?  Is it merely practical to treat others as you would yourself, or is the situation multi-dimensional?  To the Creator, is not one being as beloved as another?  In that sense they are all equivalent and should be treated as such.  Then this dictum would seem to overlap somewhat with the Ra concept that, in fact, not only are they all equivalent, but their interactive dramas is all a play of consciousness wherein each entity is actually being portrayed by you, the very same actor, within a virtual hall of mirrors. 

What's behind the idea that the greatest act of love is to lay down your life for another?  Does this not overlap as well in the sense that your life and others' lives are equivalent experiments in consciousness?  And, moreover, does it not indicate that love--the awareness of the equivalency--is a supreme virtue?

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - Minyatur - 12-21-2017

The verse in my first post was probably everything you wanted but these may be helpful also :

interconnection of God with his Creation
Quote:In Christ were created all things in heaven and on earth
everything visible and everything invisible.... Before anything was created, he existed, and he holds all things in unity.
—Col. 1-15-17

Quote:There is one God who is father of all, over all, through all and within all.
—Eph. 4.6

Quote:For from him, and through him and to him are all things.
—Rm. 8.36

Quote:Through him all things came to be, not one thing had its being but through him. All that came to be had life in him and that life was the light of men, a light that shines in the dark, a light that darkness could not overpower.
—Jn. 1.2-5

Quote:In him we live, and move, and have our being.... "We are his offspring."
—Acts 17.28

Since you stated to have to work with his christianity, I want to point out that there are quite many different christian ideologies and so he probably falls into one group. Maybe you can expand his sight with christian ideologies that are closer to the LOO like panteism and panentheism, which unite God with its Creation.

Also I'd say the bible contains quite the many influences and so it is not hard to use a bit of whatever to justify opposites. Many read the bible and find to see God as One with All, and others don't and see instead much like a monarch of power. Some find to see inspiration to forgive and love in the example of Jesus, while others find sentences to justify rejecting and to hold spiritual elitism.

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - loostudent - 12-23-2017

(12-20-2017, 04:28 PM)Namasteneko Wrote: ... the point is more to.illustrate the need for love and acceptance of neighbors (all beings) than hatred, animosity, or ill will toward them.

That is much easier task than trying to persuade someone that distinction between persons or anything is just an illusion. What you wrote above is also practical and central theme in the teachings of Jesus. If someone is a Christian this should be already clear to him/her. Why even the need to explain?

As a Christian I would stress out two Bible quotes. The first is about perfect (universal and unconditional) love and compassion:

Quote:Treat people in the same way that you want them to treat you.
If you love those who love you, why should you be commended? Even sinners love those who love them. If you do good to those who do good to you, why should you be commended? Even sinners do that. If you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, why should you be commended? Even sinners lend to sinners expecting to be paid back in full. Instead, love your enemies, do good, and lend expecting nothing in return. If you do, you will have a great reward. You will be acting the way children of the Most High act, for he is kind to ungrateful and wicked people. Be compassionate just as your Father is compassionate.
(Luke 6,31-36)

You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor, and you shall have hatred for your enemy.'
But I say to you: Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. And pray for those who persecute and slander you.
In this way, you shall be sons of your Father, who is in heaven. He causes his sun to rise upon the good and the bad, and he causes it to rain upon the just and the unjust.
For if you love those who love you, what reward will you have? Do not even tax collectors behave this way?
And if you greet only your brothers, what more have you done? Do not even the pagans behave this way?
Therefore, be perfect, even as your heavenly Father is perfect."
(Matthew 5,43-48)

The second quote is about how you treat others (especially those in need, poor, unimportant) is directed to God:

Quote:Then the King will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’
(Matthew 25,34-40)

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - Jocie - 04-03-2018

I'm searching the forum to see if this quoted topic in Chapter 26 has been discussed.    Thank you.  

26.4 Questioner: Assuming that it is all right to continue, we’re down to the last 3000 years of this present cycle, and I was wondering if the Law of One in either written or spoken form has been made available within this past 3000 years in any complete way such as we’re doing now? Is it available in any other source?

Ra: I am Ra. There is no possibility of a complete source of information of the Law of One in this density. However, certain of your writings passed to you as your so-called holy works have portions of this law.

Category: Books: Bible

26.5 Questioner: Does the Bible as we know it have portions of this law in it?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

26.6 Questioner: Can you tell me if the Old Testament has any of the Law of One?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

26.7 Questioner: Which has more of the Law of One in it, the Old Testament or the New Testament?

Ra: I am Ra. Withdrawing from each of the collections of which you speak the portions having to do with the Law of One, the content is approximately equal. However, the so-called Old Testament has a larger amount of negatively influenced material, as you would call it.

26.8 Questioner: Can you tell me about what percentage is Orion-influenced in both the Old and the New Testaments?

Ra: We prefer that this be left to the discretion of those who seek the Law of One. We are not speaking in order to judge. Such statements would be construed by some of those who may read this material as judgmental. We can only suggest a careful reading and inward digestion of the contents. The understandings will become obvious

RE: Bible verses to support Law of One - AnthroHeart - 04-03-2018

http://biblehub.com/john/10-34.htm

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'?

That's very humbling.