Bring4th
Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance (/showthread.php?tid=15160)

Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Minyatur - 01-15-2018

Let's say that in acceptance things heal, what do you lack acceptance for that you want to learn to accept?

imo, discussing is a great mean to move and expand things and sometimes thoughts go astray because we're a bit too left alone in our own mind. I'm sure that if we inter-offer the gift of faith that acceptance is there to be realized, then a lot can be healed.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Sprout - 01-15-2018

There are some things, some ideas, you'll find very difficult to accept. Especially in a veiled third density reality.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Sprout - 01-15-2018

I mean, the whole idea about there being conflict in higher densities. It is so mind boggling, even though Ra spoke of it, to imagine that it goes way beyond the veil where oneness is ever clearer.. Do you find that easy to accept?

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Louisabell - 01-15-2018

(01-15-2018, 09:25 PM)Sprout Wrote: There are some things, some ideas, you'll find very difficult to accept. Especially in a veiled third density reality.

I would say to this that acceptance doesn't mean that you like what is going on, but that you're willing to integrate this information into your being, so that as you proceed forward, your perception of the world is just that little bit clearer.

One of the hardest things I still struggle to accept is the freewill of other-selves. Pure empathy without pity is a tricky business, it's a very thin line.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - rva_jeremy - 01-15-2018

I echo Louisabell's thoughts. The big problem I encounter in accepting things I don't like is that I have to actually feel not liking it instead of exhausting and/or sublimating the emotion in resistance. It is not pleasant at all; every fiber of my being wants to either make a big deal about it or ignore it. But this has only one purpose: to take attention away from actually feeling it.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 01-16-2018

Where to start.

Issues with sexuality, with reality.
Self issues, issues with others.
Issues with love. Issues communicating.  Issues with overthinking, paranoia, doubt, fear, and denial.

How do accept all my bad broken parts, sir??

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Minyatur - 01-16-2018

(01-15-2018, 09:54 PM)Sprout Wrote: I mean, the whole idea about there being conflict in higher densities. It is so mind boggling, even though Ra spoke of it, to imagine that it goes way beyond the veil where oneness is ever clearer.. Do you find that easy to accept?

The way I see it is that it all springs forth from that nothing is overcome and despite that moving into higher densities activates a body from a higher degree of light, entities remain with lower rays distortions within their wholeness nevertheless and it is a bit the usefulness of wandering for sixth density entities, allows to re-work distortions into their lower rays as ultimately in higher densities they do not express these distortions as apart (required to distill them) and instead express more the perfect blending of all their distortions. I think a sixth density entity is with awareness of the unity of conflict and distortions, but is not without them and understands itself as one with others in the unity of self in the distortions of itself and other-selves in the distortions of other-selves. I think even in higher densities there is a sense of identity associated with one's distortions as they mold a personality. As above so below!

To differ a bit from Louisabell and rva_jeremy, I think to reach the highest degree of acceptance within this Octave is much more to love in a certain non-dual manner. I am sure that a Logos is pretty much unable to dissociate in its view a STO entity from a STS one, it would see the expression of two potential fates of the same essence and the make up of each reflected in the other. A bit like how the Ra material states that the perfectly balanced entity's response to anything is love, perfectly found acceptance radiates unhindered love of the object of its focus. Of course this is all more like an "end goal" of the Octave more than 3D. So I think acceptance is a work that goes much beyond 3D, probably until 6D harvest where the negative polarity cannot continue.

(01-15-2018, 10:15 PM)Louisabell Wrote: One of the hardest things I still struggle to accept is the freewill of other-selves. Pure empathy without pity is a tricky business, it's a very thin line.

Your struggle is that they have free will (ability to interpret catalyst and make choices)? or that their free will reflects your own free will found in them and that their choices can be understood as your own choices?

Understanding the choices of others is a hard task as veiled entities who have a mind designed to be confused on these things to better allow a free expression of the self in its distortions. Goes both ways.

(01-16-2018, 12:53 AM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: Where to start.

Issues with love. Issues communicating.  Issues with overthinking, paranoia, doubt, fear, and denial.

Well if you understand that all your ability to be positive is rooted in your vulnerability and ability to be broken, then it is easier to find thankfulness for this vulnerability and connect these parts to your inner light so that they heal and get to shine! Accept them to be as they are now, through the cause and effect which shaped it that way, and from that you can move forward. e.g. of affirmation : It is well they were broken, but now I want to restore my rightful positive potential and alleviate this karma which taught me a lot.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - xise - 01-16-2018

I am in the slow process of writing an article on this very subject for eventual posting on bring4th.

"The Process of Acceptance"

I've found at least four different pathways to acceptance in my personal life:

1. Accommodation-based Acceptance
  2. Pre-existing Unconditional Love-based Acceptance
  3. Faith-based Acceptance
  4. Understanding-based Acceptance
Accommodation-based Acceptance: "Can you live with it?"
     If what you fear or don't want comes to pass, presumably in the worst way possible, do you have a plan B, plan C, and plan D to find a way to enjoy life or otherwise regain the happiness you fear will be difficult in the feared situation? Usually logic plays a large role in this sort of acceptance. It is not to be confused with coming up with a plan to control the situation such that you make sure the situation you fear goes away, but rather a plan to survive and thrive in the fearful circumstances. For example, I may find it difficult to acceptance being in a car accident where I lose both my legs, but if I envision and plan a life devoted to art and other joys that I can fulfill using only my arms, the emotional charge of the feared situation diminishes and I am brought closer to acceptance.

Pre-existing Unconditional Love-based Acceptance: "Sigh. I truly love all that is involved in the situation, so I accept what has come to pass."
    This is the least useful path in coming to acceptance, because you have it or you don't prior to the situation. It is included for thoroughness, but I think it comes most often in the near unconditional love a parent can have for a child in certain cases, and describes perhaps how such love can accept the child regardless of whatever the child does or is.

Faith-based Acceptance: "I believe the universe makes sense, and that there is meaning to the madness, even if I cannot see it"
    A lot could be said in this section, because I don't believe I have fully figured out faith, but I do believe that I've figured out faith is misunderstood in that its often a generalized concept rather than a specific intention for a specific situation. Ie, you can have faith that you will find a way to provide income to your family, as opposed to having faith that you will make next week's car loan payment so the car doesn't get repossessed. I think faith-based acceptance is difficult to do without overt practice and journaling, for me at least, because so often we forgot the personal miracles and subjective non-coincidences that increase our sense of faith - they almost seem to fade like dreams for some reason. But once faith is mastered, it springboards into true acceptance of a great variety of situations very easily. Faith is definitely still a work in progress for me.

Understanding-based Acceptance: "I see and understand why he or she did what they did, and I therefore accept it and I accept the person."
   I think understanding can do a lot of heavy lifting even in 3rd Density when it comes to understanding and accepting others. However, understanding-based acceptance is more difficult when it comes to random situations that don't seem directly caused by individuals because, as Ra says, there are numerous instreaming of energies that created 3D situations and these cannot be seen in our density. Nor is out density one where one can truly and fully understand the full mechanics of how the Law of One works. Still, understanding-based acceptance does a lot of heavy lifting in my life when it comes to understanding and acceptance the self and other self.

-----

WIP.

(01-16-2018, 09:47 AM)xise Wrote: I am in the slow process of writing an article on this very subject for eventual posting on bring4th.

"The Process of Acceptance"

I've found at least four different pathways to acceptance in my personal life:

1. Accommodation-based Acceptance
  2. Pre-existing Unconditional Love-based Acceptance
  3. Faith-based Acceptance
  4. Understanding-based Acceptance

That was really interesting to read! It is fun also to think of the dynamics between these form of acceptance.

How the choice of the 3rd slowly realizes the 2nd, working through the 1st, and ultimately, in its own time, always reaching the 4th.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Louisabell - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 09:34 AM)Elros Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 09:54 PM)Sprout Wrote: I mean, the whole idea about there being conflict in higher densities. It is so mind boggling, even though Ra spoke of it, to imagine that it goes way beyond the veil where oneness is ever clearer.. Do you find that easy to accept?

The way I see it is that it all springs forth from that nothing is overcome and despite that moving into higher densities activates a body from a higher degree of light, entities remain with lower rays distortions within their wholeness nevertheless and it is a bit the usefulness of wandering for sixth density entities, allows to re-work distortions into their lower rays as ultimately in higher densities they do not express these distortions as apart (required to distill them) and instead express more the perfect blending of all their distortions. I think a sixth density entity is with awareness of the unity of conflict and distortions, but is not without them and understands itself as one with others in the unity of self in the distortions of itself and other-selves in the distortions of other-selves. I think even in higher densities there is a sense of identity associated with one's distortions as they mold a personality. As above so below!

To differ a bit from Louisabell and rva_jeremy, I think to reach the highest degree of acceptance within this Octave is much more to love in a certain non-dual manner. I am sure that a Logos is pretty much unable to dissociate in its view a STO entity from a STS one, it would see the expression of two potential fates of the same essence and the make up of each reflected in the other. A bit like how the Ra material states that the perfectly balanced entity's response to anything is love, perfectly found acceptance radiates unhindered love of the object of its focus. Of course this is all more like an "end goal" of the Octave more than 3D. So I think acceptance is a work that goes much beyond 3D, probably until 6D harvest where the negative polarity cannot continue.

Very interesting. I find that there is a type of friction when one fears their own power. I am yet to resolve such a thing.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 09:45 AM)Elros Wrote:

Well if you understand that all your ability to be positive is rooted in your vulnerability and ability to be broken, then it is easier to find thankfulness for this vulnerability and connect these parts to your inner light so that they heal and get to shine! Accept them to be as they are now, through the cause and effect which shaped it that way, and from that you can move forward. e.g. of affirmation : It is well they were broken, but now I want to restore my rightful positive potential and alleviate this karma which taught me a lot.

B-but--

I already feel such, that these things are inherently for a good reason, yet at face value they are even when accepted, painful.

I guess I'm more looking how to make these painful feelings become joyous ones.

Still, useful affirmation.

...Are affirmations best said out loud or can I whisper it or just think it?

It's like all these things inform me of myself and I have come to accept that these things are a part of me and present for an important reason: to better learn to love, but I am still very much hurt by them and tired of trying to figure out their reasons for being specifically with me.

Am I just not doing this acceptance thingymerbobberdealio right??

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Night Owl - 01-16-2018

The hardest thing to accept for me is my own existence.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - anagogy - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 03:15 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: ...Are affirmations best said out loud or can I whisper it or just think it?

It doesn't matter in my opinion.

Just like a mantra, the more purely you utter the vibration of it (whether internally or externally), the more power is will garner. The quality of the seed you plant is important.

Affirmations can be powerful if they are practiced with *meaning*. After enough repetitions, they will become rote and mechanical and fade into the background of consciousness. This is fine and natural and expected. Just like you don't think about walking anymore, you just do it. The vibration of the affirmation will slowly seep into the background and start shaping your reality. It will become the reality most humans refer to as "second nature".

The seed must be planted properly, and then it must be watered properly (love attention), and when it sprouts it needs plenty of positive sunlight (faith attention). And if tended to carefully, it will grow into a mighty and sturdy tree indeed.

You are living in the garden and forest of your own cultivation. In the story of the Garden of Eden, Adam was commanded to multiply and replenish the earth. Our job is *cultivate*. Everything is a garden.   

(01-16-2018, 03:15 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: B-but--

I already feel such, that these things are inherently for a good reason, yet at face value they are even when accepted, painful.

It's like all these things inform me of myself and I have come to accept that these things are a part of me and present for an important reason: to better learn to love, but I am still very much hurt by them and tired of trying to figure out their reasons for being specifically with me.

I think it's just multi-layered and you can't expect to say "I am now acceptant" thinking it resolved all non-acceptance. To work non-acceptance you need to see it surface and work with it as it does to shift the view or release a built charge, so a first step or layer, is accepting your own contained non-acceptance and in this you open yourself to work with what will surface when it does with a desire to resolve each thing from how they are.

Pain is a great catalyst, I wonder how a world unaware of the potential of pain would be like. I guess not very vivid nor passionate.

For affirmations, whatever feels most sincere to do for you!

Using a bit what anagogy said, with affirmations you could gain a direction in your mind in how to respond and work with your emotions of non-acceptance. It starts slow, but you gain momentum ultimately and the seeds flourish.

(01-16-2018, 04:20 PM)Night Owl Wrote: The hardest thing to accept for me is my own existence.

What is unacceptable about it?

Is it unworthy to be? Or is it a mental paradox to note that your are?

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Louisabell - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 09:39 AM)Elros Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 10:15 PM)Louisabell Wrote: One of the hardest things I still struggle to accept is the freewill of other-selves. Pure empathy without pity is a tricky business, it's a very thin line.

Your struggle is that they have free will (ability to interpret catalyst and make choices)? or that their free will reflects your own free will found in them and that their choices can be understood as your own choices?

Understanding the choices of others is a hard task as veiled entities who have a mind designed to be confused on these things to better allow a free expression of the self in its distortions. Goes both ways.

I don't really grapple with it as a concept as I understand pity is a pointless energy, in and of itself. I see it as a chink in instreaming light, which can open when I am not focused. I can close it with will, but right now I am finding it exceptionally hard to not desire for myself to be pitied at lower levels because friction in the body continues unabated.

(01-16-2018, 05:57 PM)Louisabell Wrote: I don't really grapple with it as a concept as I understand pity is a pointless energy, in and of itself. I see it as a chink in instreaming light, which can open when I am not focused. I can close it with will, but right now I am finding it exceptionally hard to not desire for myself to be pitied at lower levels because friction in the body continues unabated.

I think it's well to acknowledge our needs although they sometimes clash with how we want to be.

Personally I'd say it is harsh to call useless any energy. Tongue Everything is it's own color and aspect of Love.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Stranger - 01-17-2018

I've just had an important realization on this thread's topic.

Love allows us to see the perfection in all things. When we love someone (or something), we don't want it to be any different from what it already is. We accept and welcome it. Think of how we see the person we love - none of their "flaws" matter; a mother's love for her baby is a great example.

So, love = acceptance.

Now, a second important point. How do we love something that bothers us about ourselves? The key here is that love is not an attitude, it is not approval. It is an actual energy that exists independently from our mind. The mind can disapprove of something, but we can still bring love to flow and shine onto that thing we disapprove of. We always have access to a constant stream of love, and disapproval simply tries to block that flow.

Here, then, is the process for accepting anything in or about ourselves.

Close your eyes and focus your attention on whatever you're having trouble accepting. Simply let it be present in your awareness, without trying to change it or push it away.

Imagine bright sunlight filled with love shining down on it, again without trying to change it in any way. Simply let it shine.

Stay with that image, simply observing. Notice that it will begin to change on its own, without any effort on your part, in its due time.

Notice how you feel toward whatever you're shining the light onto. If there's any negative emotion toward it, you can choose to focus your awareness on the source of that emotion, and shine the loving sunlight on it instead, until it dissolves.

This process can be applied to any negative feeling or disliked aspect, and it will take it beyond acceptance into healing.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Glow - 01-17-2018

(01-16-2018, 03:15 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 09:45 AM)Elros Wrote:

B-but--

To go out on a limb I think you get very close to crossing into acceptance but you keep pulling yourself back into mostly self judgement but that allows judgement of others. Judgement thinking we know how things should be based on our own mental processes separates us from acceptance.

You’ve had pain and you feel you’ve caused pain so it’s a pattern for you to get close to moving past the judgement but you can’t let go as if you still need to be punished and then it snowballs and you feel the judgement for how you were hurt by others too. Like you are stuck, but you are only stuck because you hold on to the pattern.

Can you replace the old pattern with a new one? Can you trust that big CA has a much larger view of how things are working together than little c.a. and just say yeah that all sucked but it was necessary to get me where I am going? Or for someone else to get where they are going?

I have noticed in your energy a bit of what I struggled with an intensity that can get you into OCD loops. I’ve concurred most of my loops and the only way I managed it was to over write one with another. You may have to do that too.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Minyatur - 01-17-2018

@Stranger

I don't think it is a bad method to work on yourself but I think high acceptance is closer to letting be than to offer transformative energy, especially if there is no call for the energy and it is projected to resolve your own inner conflict. Although external to your mind, the energy will move through it and your distortions so transparency of distortion is what makes a good healer and projecting your imbalances upon an external abstraction of an inner distortion is not the most direct path I think to resolve your non-acceptance. I'd instead suggest to ponder what within you is unresolved and triggered without focus that it is about other-self, other-self is its rightful thing to be and what you feel speaks of you and also you are the one that seeks change within yourself in this scenario.

I always think the highest examples of acceptance we have are the Logos which let things be their own expression of free will and develop within the resonant parameters they found themselves within. I even think it is the honor/duty of each individualization to realize the highest acceptance and become significator of all things to be in all states they may desire to be, and so, when you touch this degree of acceptance nothing is transformed and instead held in place, joy has its place alongside sorrow and there is unity in that. To me acceptance is what makes the circle of free will complete and signifies infinity in all its colors and so to accept is not to have a need to shine on something but to allow that thing to shine its own light.

I guess to some it may seem like indifference to let be, but I think it is closer to what Ra said that balance is not indifference but not being blinded by feelings of separation. Acceptance allows to see unity and in unity each color is rightful and with meaning. I agree that acceptance is love but I think what you described is more like one distortion of love than love itself.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Stranger - 01-17-2018

Elros, thanks for pointing out an omission on my part - my entire post was directed primarily toward Coordinate_Apotheosis' question: "How do accept all my bad broken parts, sir??" - that is, acceptance of aspects of self. Quo repeatedly mentions that lack of this acceptance is endemic in our culture and a primary obstacle in our path.

I've now revised my post to clarify.

With that said, I've had success with focusing on others and bringing in love to shine on them. I don't know if it affects the target in any way - that's an interesting question, though I am sure it cannot harm them - but I know that it does melt away our own inner obstacles toward letting them be as they are, unconditionally.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Minyatur - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 12:44 PM)Stranger Wrote: Elros, thanks for pointing out an omission on my part - my entire post was directed primarily toward Coordinate_Apotheosis' question: "How do accept all my bad broken parts, sir??" - that is, acceptance of aspects of self.  Quo repeatedly mentions that lack of this acceptance is endemic in our culture and a primary obstacle in our path.

I've now revised my post to clarify.

With that said, I've had success with focusing on others and bringing in love to shine on them.  I don't know if it affects the target in any way - that's an interesting question, though I am sure it cannot harm them - but I know that it does melt away our own inner obstacles toward letting them be as they are, unconditionally.

Mainly was about my own perception of "acceptance" due to it being the thematic of the thread.

My main point was to turn it to an inward focus but it seems like that was the context. You're right I don't think it can harm if it is respectful of resistance (which I think you've put an indirect focus upon), but is not the entire concept of blockages that they block to what could be a free flow? I saw myself reject an offering of compassion before because it felt unbearable and retracting was the natural reaction that occured, as it felt painful to receive this offering. I don't consider myself as with much self-love issues but seems like I wasn't ready to receive a love greater for me than my own self-love, which I think is somewhat natural.

I just remembered an old trick of mine for this, it is to offer love in the nexus of time it is required by other-self. Can be in years, decades, another lifetime or even another world. But that when this entity will be open and with need of it, that my love may be found.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Night Owl - 01-18-2018

(01-16-2018, 05:48 PM)Elros Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 04:20 PM)Night Owl Wrote: The hardest thing to accept for me is my own existence.

What is unacceptable about it?

Is it unworthy to be? Or is it a mental paradox to note that your are?

Well the hardest things to accept are usually those we have no ability to decide or change and existence be it as a totality or as an individuality is what I am most powerless against.

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 01-18-2018

(01-16-2018, 05:40 PM)anagogy Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 03:15 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: ...Are affirmations best said out loud or can I whisper it or just think it?

It doesn't matter in my opinion.

Just like a mantra, the more purely you utter the vibration of it (whether internally or externally), the more power is will garner. The quality of the seed you plant is important.

Affirmations can be powerful if they are practiced with *meaning*. After enough repetitions, they will become rote and mechanical and fade into the background of consciousness. This is fine and natural and expected. Just like you don't think about walking anymore, you just do it. The vibration of the affirmation will slowly seep into the background and start shaping your reality. It will become the reality most humans refer to as "second nature".

The seed must be planted properly, and then it must be watered properly (love attention), and when it sprouts it needs plenty of positive sunlight (faith attention). And if tended to carefully, it will grow into a mighty and sturdy tree indeed.

You are living in the garden and forest of your own cultivation. In the story of the Garden of Eden, Adam was commanded to multiply and replenish the earth. Our job is *cultivate*. Everything is a garden.   

This is incredibly helpful, I want to note, while I understood you, it was your interpretation of Genesis that made it all click for me.

I suppose in a hard to explain way, I should take up gardening, of both the internal and external.  It's crazy because you make me remember, and I guess realize, how one of the happiest times of my life involved spending nearly an hour most days just watering the plants in my yard, and in my mind.

Thanks, Teach.  Have you ever considered writing down all of those insightful thoughts in a journal to share one day?  Someone might get something great out of your thoughts.

(01-17-2018, 10:17 AM)Stranger Wrote: I've just had an important realization on this thread's topic.

Love allows us to see the perfection in all things.  When we love someone (or something), we don't want it to be any different from what it already is.  We accept and welcome it.  Think of how we see the person we love - none of their "flaws" matter; a mother's love for her baby is a great example.

So, love = acceptance.

Now, a second important point.  How do we love something that bothers us about ourselves?  The key here is that love is not an attitude, it is not approval.  It is an actual energy that exists independently from our mind.  The mind can disapprove of something, but we can still bring love to flow and shine onto that thing we disapprove of.  We always have access to a constant stream of love, and disapproval simply tries to block that flow.

Here, then, is the process for accepting anything in or about ourselves.

Close your eyes and focus your attention on whatever you're having trouble accepting.  Simply let it be present in your awareness, without trying to change it or push it away.

Imagine bright sunlight filled with love shining down on it, again without trying to change it in any way.  Simply let it shine.

Stay with that image, simply observing.  Notice that it will begin to change on its own, without any effort on your part, in its due time.

Notice how you feel toward whatever you're shining the light onto.  If there's any negative emotion toward it, you can choose to focus your awareness on the source of that emotion, and shine the loving sunlight on it instead, until it dissolves.

This process can be applied to any negative feeling or disliked aspect, and it will take it beyond acceptance into healing.

Thank you for your suggestions and advice, while I find this is good and helpful, I regret to say I am uncertain as to if some of these emotions should be accepted, I have often cited my own murder fantasies, many of which are more unpleasant than anything else.  I accepted them as a suppressed mind lashing out at the perceived monstrous behavior of others.  You might imagine how that reflects on me.  For me, shining light on those dark images doesn't really do much but make them even more vivid.  I've found I've had to come to some uncertain understanding as to their existence for a positive and good reason, as otherwise it'd throw me for a loop in trusting the good intentions of any unknown force on my life such as Creator or Guides or even Spirits.  It says something in my mind of those who can accept such horrible images, it scares me.

However I have observed that when I provide loving attention to my rather intrusive and indifferent cat even in the middle of being angry, it does help alleviate those unpleasant feelings...

I like to think acceptance comes in a gradient of levels, and that when it comes to some of the more harder things to accept, at the very least I can try to accept the existence of another aspect of creation, I just find that acceptance comes a whole lot easier from some form of appreciation of what is attempting to be accepted.  It is very hard to appreciate and accept some of the more sad things that happen.  More so for the atrocious things.  And especially of the grotesque things.

One can remove titles such as horrible and monster, but the manifestations speak for themselves.

But perhaps from a Psychological point of view, every manifestation of darkness can have a reason or 'cause' that when treated or 'healed' can make such darkness be explained as an effect of something positive being twisted and hurt.

Thank you though, as for many other important things your article will probably provide much needed guidance on how to deal with the most basic problems of nonacceptance.  I just find I've always found an easier appreciation from some technical or mechanical explanation, or the hows and whys of how and why something works.

@Glow, I'm going to give more thought before replying, not that you said anything bad!  I'm just a bit tired and need some time to reflect on your words.  It's the too true ones that take me some time to process...

(That moment when I never clicked Post and almost closed this tab before doing so...)

RE: Transmuting non-acceptance into acceptance - Stranger - 01-18-2018

(01-18-2018, 05:19 PM)Coordinate_Apotheosis Wrote: Thank you for your suggestions and advice, while I find this is good and helpful, I regret to say I am uncertain as to if some of these emotions should be accepted, I have often cited my own murder fantasies, many of which are more unpleasant than anything else.  I accepted them as a suppressed mind lashing out at the perceived monstrous behavior of others.  You might imagine how that reflects on me.  For me, shining light on those dark images doesn't really do much but make them even more vivid.  I've found I've had to come to some uncertain understanding as to their existence for a positive and good reason, as otherwise it'd throw me for a loop in trusting the good intentions of any unknown force on my life such as Creator or Guides or even Spirits.  It says something in my mind of those who can accept such horrible images, it scares me.

CA, you are made up of 3 things: 1) the Creator's consciousness, 2) thought-forms that are congruent with Love, 3) thought-forms that are incongruent with love, such as the "dark images" you've described.

Love has the power of transforming anything that is incongruent with itself. Love applied to any thought-form will heal and harmonize it.

You are correct that shining love on a dark thought will, initially, make it more vivid. But as you continue, it will begin to transform and heal.

It is only because we do not know this fact that we are afraid of our "dark side." Once you know that any dark part of self is only waiting for you to heal it by shining Love on it - and that's all it takes - there is no longer any fear, self-blame, or judgment. It becomes a simple game of whack-a-mole: notice it - heal it - done.

Stop running away from it and give it a shot. It's all mental noise. It says nothing about you, other than that you're human like everyone else. It can't do a thing to you except frighten you - and even that only if you choose to be frightened by it.

Inside us, nothing that is not love-based can stand up to the power of love.

Good luck!