Bring4th
MJ detox advice - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: MJ detox advice (/showthread.php?tid=15178)

Pages: 1 2

MJ detox advice - Ra1111 - 01-19-2018

Hello all,

I have had somewhat of an epiphany just now and have decided it is time to stop using MJ. I have smoked multiple times per day for almost a decade now , I am scared of the symptoms... has anyone here been a heavy user to clean and do you have herbal or vitamin advice to help it along? Google is as always a mess of contradictions on the matter.
Thanks
Michael

RE: MJ detox advice - Cainite - 01-19-2018

I'm quitting weed as well. I used to smoke all day. now I smoke a little in the morning and a little at night.
Be careful.. don't quit cold turkey. specially if everything is not going well.

Eventually I will stop using it. but now is not the proper time. also you may need another medication to help you with your symptoms (everyone has diffrent withrawal symptoms).

When off of weed, do you get angry, mood swings?
Can you sleep?
Your metabolism will change and you may lose lots of weight..
Just take it slow.

RE: MJ detox advice - Ra1111 - 01-19-2018

(01-19-2018, 11:05 AM)Cainite Wrote: I'm quitting weed as well. I used to smoke all day. now I smoke a little in the morning and a little at night.
Be careful.. don't quit cold turkey. specially if everything is not going well.

Eventually I will stop using it. but now is not the proper time. also you may need another medication to help you with your symptoms (everyone has diffrent withrawal symptoms).

When off of weed, do you get angry, mood swings?
Can you sleep?
Your metabolism will change and you may lose lots of weight..
Just take it slow.

Thank you Cainite , the answers to your questions I don’t know yet, and I will observe how it goes, I will certainly want to keep this thread as a log or journal of this experience.

In terms of metabolism I am worried about potassium problems, and I am also scared of dreams coming back. I’ve been reading that cranberry juice, sweet potatoes and bananas will help. I am on the way to get some of those things now!

You're welcome.

Dreams will come back.. at first they will be intense and unpleasant. that's why I suggest smoking a little before bed for some time to avoid that. and to avoid mood swings during the day smoke a little in the morning. lower the dose eventually.

Also the intense dreams will be remembered. so they have their own use. heed hte messages and you'll be fine in no time.

RE: MJ detox advice - Glow - 01-19-2018

I do not speak from experience on the Mj detox but I’d like to suggest magnesium supplements to anyone. 90% of people are defficient and the symptoms are both physical(soft tissue, joints, metabolism) and emotional because of its effect on the nervous system.

It’s not something that can accurately be tested for either so if you do not eat a lot of nuts and seafood it’s just a safe one to supplement and after a month see how you are feeling. I take it everyday. It’s the only supplement I am consistent with because after a month without it my deficiency symptoms come back.

I wish you well on your journey.

I will say after my tiny experience with mj a few weeks ago it took a full week to be free of its energy so just give yourself time and be patient. 10 years is a long time to co-mingle

(01-19-2018, 03:34 PM)Glow Wrote: I do not speak from experience on the Mj detox but I’d like to suggest magnesium supplements to anyone. 90% of people are defficient and the symptoms are both physical(soft tissue, joints, metabolism)  and emotional because of its effect on the nervous system.

It’s not something that can accurately be tested for either so if you do not eat a lot of nuts and seafood it’s just a safe one to supplement and after a month see how you are feeling. I take it everyday. It’s the only supplement I am consistent with because after a month without it my deficiency symptoms come back.

I wish you well on your journey.

I will say after my tiny experience with mj a few weeks ago it took a full week to be free of its energy so just give yourself time and be patient. 10 years is a long time to co-mingle

Yeah. I'm taking all sorts of supplements. and I've been eating healthy after a year of eating only drugs and vomiting.

I forgot to mention. Ra1111, you should workout a lot. many addicts quit and become really good at sports. I went swimming some days ago and at the pool, I met a former crackhead. his body was perfect. but his face was still really messed up.. after 3 years of living sober.

I've been going through a hard time again.. but it will pass. I just have to survive it.

Btw, many don't realize how psychologically dependant they are on THC, before quitting..

RE: MJ detox advice - Coordinate_Apotheosis - 01-19-2018

(01-19-2018, 09:25 AM)Ra1111 Wrote: Hello all,

I have had somewhat of an epiphany just now and have decided it is time to stop using MJ. I have smoked multiple times per day for almost a decade now , I am scared of the symptoms... has anyone here been a heavy user to clean and do you have herbal or vitamin advice to help it along? Google is as always a mess of contradictions on the matter.
Thanks
Michael

I was!  In fact I regretted it because my highs were never as good after I got clean the first time.

Mind you I went from 'gram slamming' thrice a day (so 3g a day) to stopping cold turkey the first time.  At the time my Mom was letting one of my friend's stay in the guest bedroom, she was as bad as my mom with smoking.

We were all addicts.

For me I simply had to muster the willpower to be conscious and say No.  Over and over.  Two months clean I found a job (oh and they didn't drug test...) and that same day was smoking again.

I believe Marijuana is healthy in moderation unless you're in pain or chronically depressed, in which case smoke away as much as needed to maintain that pain tolerance and to more easily giggle and laugh when depressed.

Sadly overuse does hinder the cognitive functions, memory especially...  It also messes with emotions, using an external psychedelic in place of your will to handle your emotions could be called simply inappropriate.  The result is your emotions get away from you.

Note that's assuming one isn't taking the time to be aware and to get to know the self.  If they are, such emotional turmoil may be much less common.

THC is a spiritual aid, not a fix all solution.

Strangely enough I still dream despite smoking right before bed.

I guess we're all different.

I would strongly recommend if you find weaning yourself off doesn't get you to that total quit, to just quit it cold turkey then.  I wouldn't suggest cold turkeying it if you've quit before, but if it's your first time, you might be surmised how well your body handles it.

Now...For me anyways, the second time has been grueling.  I can't seem to bring myself to quit totally, I'll end up smoking already smoked resin, stems and roaches, I'll clean my bong and pipe and scrape the resin from them and keep smoking.  I've developed a way to prolong my weed too by keeping some stuck in the grinder in the middle where it can't be ground, then combining that with the kief if there is any.

It's bad...  I realized how bad when I met a guy for sexual reasons (because I get lonely damn it) and found myself unprepared to smoke with him because things I took for granted he didn't have, like an ash tray.  Further it was like seeing myself in 3rd person next to someone who only drinks beer, I had a dirty pipe full pf black crud (resin), and I realized if this were crack I'd look exactly like a drug addict, and only because it's weed was it acceptable.

Ever since then I've realized more and more I'm an addict, of several things...

I've got my work cut out for me.

RE: MJ detox advice - Spaced - 01-19-2018

Take it one day at a time. Get ready to experience despair, anhedonia, emptiness and the like but know these things will pass.  Get ready for dreams that will wake you up in the middle of the night and not let you get back to sleep. For all the feelings you smoked to avoid, all the messages you missed in your dreams to come back at once, hard and fast.

Get ready for all these things but realize it's catalyst, you choose how to use it and it can transform you. Be thankful for the return of your dreams as they are the best form of communication from your spirit. Be thankful for these depths of dark emotion and mental fog because they will give dawn to new joy and clarity in time.

Take it one day at a time. This is what I'm telling myself because I'm going through the same thing.

Peace.

RE: MJ detox advice - tamaryn - 01-19-2018

I have found restricting my smoking habit to only in the middle of the night has helped me save a lot of money.

Plus the effect is vision-questing 4d+ activated exploration.

Good luck, I would recommend a long sober period of maybe a month.

RE: MJ detox advice - isis - 01-20-2018

good luck!

RE: MJ detox advice - Ra1111 - 01-20-2018

Well it’s been 15 hrs since my last bowl, which is quite a long time for me! So far nothing feels much different except I really wanted to smoke a few times today... it passed. I’m going to sleep now, I hope it’s an easy first night. Thanks all for your thoughts and support so far ! I really am aiming to be completely done with it

RE: MJ detox advice - Ra1111 - 01-20-2018

(01-20-2018, 12:30 AM)Ra1111 Wrote: Well it’s been 15 hrs since my last bowl, which is quite a long time for me! So far nothing feels much different except I really wanted to smoke a few times today... it passed. I’m going to sleep now, I hope it’s an easy first night. Thanks all for your thoughts and support so far ! I really am aiming to be completely done with it

No dreams, a slight headache this morning but not major. What I’ve noticed most of all so far is that thoughts in my head seem...louder in a way. And music is stuck in my head like it hasn’t been since I was a kid. Currently I can’t shake “Little Sheba” by .38 Special...uh?! Smile

RE: MJ detox advice - Ra1111 - 01-21-2018

Still no smoke for me, the headache increased a little yesterday. My sweetie stopped using a month ago and he had chronic diarrhea for almost three weeks. He lost a lot of weight and started having palpitations. We didn’t put together that it was the lack of weed making him “sick” until the other day (when I had my epiphany to stop using).... as soon as we started replacing potassium his diarrhea stopped and he immediately got better. So I’ve been eating lots of bananas and drinking cranberry juice thanks to his horrible experience. I’ve also been using our far infrared sauna. So far I don’t have diarrhea and haven’t lost weight (thank god)

I just woke up from the most vivid dream I have had in years .... I’m not going to turn this into a dream journal but this one seems pretty profound.....

A friend I haven’t chatted with in fifteen years messages me that he just left me some weed outside of my bathroom (I received the message while on the toilet...) and that I have to come to his place to pay him for it. I never saw him in person, and when I tried to find his house near a swimming pool suddenly hundreds of girls I went to school with are getting out of the pool and push me into the girls locker room and I am so panicked and claustrophobic. I’m not an expert on dream analysis but some of this message is clear to me...

RE: MJ detox advice - Ra1111 - 01-21-2018

Oh also in addition to the little headache and the dream and the clearer thoughts , Ive also got this very antsy feeling in my joints. I don’t want to say “restless legs” but it al,ost is like that. I just want to kick and snap my elbows to get this nerve energy feeling out of them but it won’t go away.

RE: MJ detox advice - Ra1111 - 01-22-2018

Physically I’m feeling really good and there’s this feeling of slight relief in my solar plexus area. For years it has felt extremely blocked, I’m sure there’s a connection yeah?

Last night I had three dreams and the first one was unlike any dream I’ve ever had. It was not scary but very taboo and would be enough to disturb someone. I’m not disturbed but extremely perplexed. If anyone here is still reading this and is good with dream analysis please PM me about this one.

The longer I go with this the happier I am about my decision, and I almost fear I’m about to become a crusader against weed. I’ve had a chronic sinus problem for years that is finally feeling a tiny bit better today.

RE: MJ detox advice - isis - 01-22-2018

(01-22-2018, 12:04 PM)Ra1111 Wrote: I almost fear I’m about to become a crusader against weed. I’ve had a chronic sinus problem for years that is finally feeling a tiny bit better today.

It's smoking it that is bad...ESPECIALLY if you're smoking it frequently.

[Image: image1-4.png]

RE: MJ detox advice - Minyatur - 01-22-2018

(01-22-2018, 12:04 PM)Ra1111 Wrote: The longer I go with this the happier I am about my decision, and I almost fear I’m about to become a crusader against weed. I’ve had a chronic sinus problem for years that is finally feeling a tiny bit better today.

Just to say but I think it is a definite benevolant essence but that as a tool it cannot define the use made of it.

The plant itself has many known health benefit and I wouldn't doubt the absence of it would pull back quite many here in their spiritual evolution. The most nefast aspect to it probably comes from the tar and carcinogens generated by burning the plant but there are other alternatives to burning it which can bypass this, guess this aspect goes with if you want to court the plant or not as flame-temperature even destroys multiple of its chemicals other than THC with each their benefits.

Folks I do not deny there are health benefits and healing properties to the plant , , perhaps I meant to say a crusader against industrialized recreational every day use.

Has anyone here given thought to the fact that the weed industry has such a serious potential to become a cigarette-like business? Who knows what is already going into the marijuana bought in dispensaries?

One thing I know of is pesticides in many instances.

RE: MJ detox advice - Sprout - 01-22-2018

Alcohol has the potential to ruin lives, and in some cases even cause death. Why not crusade on those industries first?

(01-22-2018, 05:14 PM)Sprout Wrote: Alcohol has the potential to ruin lives, and in some cases even cause death. Why not crusade on those industries first?

Because I have not been affected personally by it

(01-22-2018, 05:15 PM)Ra1111 Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 05:14 PM)Sprout Wrote: Alcohol has the potential to ruin lives, and in some cases even cause death. Why not crusade on those industries first?

Because I have not been affected personally by it

But I would like to drop that thought and all of these thoughts about this matter now. I see my poorly chosen words have struck a chord here that I did not mean to strike ! Every day betwixt myself and my partner we are seeing the benefits of getting away from the lifestyle of every day smoking stoners , it is now a personal journey for us to live without it. . Thank you all for your thoughts on the matter thus far!

RE: MJ detox advice - Sprout - 01-22-2018

Thank you for sharing your light, you shine on many who might struggle with the same addiction.

RE: MJ detox advice - isis - 01-23-2018

(01-22-2018, 04:47 PM)Ra1111 Wrote: Folks I do not deny there are health benefits and healing properties to the plant , , perhaps I meant to say a crusader against industrialized recreational every day use.

Has anyone here given thought to the fact that the weed industry has such a serious potential to become a cigarette-like business? Who knows what is already going into the marijuana bought in dispensaries?

Obviously growing it yourself is ideal. If you're doing that, and not setting it on fire to consume it, then I see nothing wrong with recreational every day use. I'd want tolerance breaks, though, but that's just me.

RE: MJ detox advice - Cainite - 01-23-2018

Weed is so good that it's bad...

RE: MJ detox advice - Ra1111 - 01-23-2018

(01-23-2018, 01:04 AM)isis Wrote:
(01-22-2018, 04:47 PM)Ra1111 Wrote: Folks I do not deny there are health benefits and healing properties to the plant , , perhaps I meant to say a crusader against industrialized recreational every day use.

Obviously growing it yourself is ideal. If you're doing that, and not setting it on fire to consume it, then I see nothing wrong with recreational every day use. I'd want tolerance breaks, though, but that's just me.

The amount of dreams I have had the past few days versus NO dreams for the past decade I gotta disagree, isis. Whether it was home grown or pesticide laden , I think my dream cycle would have been affected either way. I believe Ra et al are communicating when I sleep and I’m so glad to have it back .... even though it’s been pretty weird so far !

RE: MJ detox advice - isis - 01-23-2018

(01-23-2018, 09:51 AM)Ra1111 Wrote: The amount of dreams I have had the past few days versus NO dreams for the past decade I gotta disagree, isis. Whether it was home grown or pesticide laden , I think my dream cycle would have been affected either way. I believe Ra et al are communicating when I sleep and I’m so glad to have it back .... even though it’s been pretty weird so far !

everyone's different! it doesn't stop me from dreaming.

RE: MJ detox advice - Ra1111 - 01-23-2018

You’re right , we are all different and I imagine a great deal of seekers here on this forum use every day multiple times a day and aren’t affected negatively in any way.... it’s certainly possible...

I did not intend to get into WEED IS GOOD , WEED IS BAD discussion here. I was genuinely frightened by what might happen to my physical body when stopping, based on what I just witnessed my partner go through. But as you said, we are all differen, and so far I have not had the awful vomiting and diarrhea that he had, so I’m feeling very blessed for that.

RE: MJ detox advice - Glow - 01-23-2018

(01-23-2018, 10:59 AM)Ra1111 Wrote: You’re right , we are all different and I imagine a great deal of seekers here on this forum use every day multiple times a day and aren’t affected negatively in any way.... it’s certainly possible...

I did not intend to get into WEED IS GOOD , WEED IS BAD discussion here. I was genuinely frightened by what might happen to my physical body when stopping, based on what I just witnessed my partner go through. But as you said, we are all differen, and so far I have not had the awful vomiting and diarrhea that he had, so I’m feeling very blessed for that.

It’s pretty amazing how different your energy comes across even in posts in contrast to how it was a few weeks ago..
Some energies work well together others do until they don’t and some are always a happy partnership. It’s great you could spot it was no longer a perfect energetic harmony and make a change.

I’m finding even foods can be like that for me. We are all energy so it makes sense.

RE: MJ detox advice - xise - 01-23-2018

Different drugs have different attraction to different people. I'm currently sober from everything (save biweekly caffeine when I need to stay up), but:

I've drank alcohol heavily (mostly due to social fitting in), I've also drank alcohol lightly (1-2 drinks). I've never been drawn to drinking alone, even 1 drink, though I've experimented with it. I've never really been drawn to drinking. I've had a similar experience with other drugs - did it, but never really felt the pull to do it.

For me, weed was different. I smoked it heavily for a year (every day when I didn't have to work at home, including wake and bake on weekend mornings and smoking all day basically). I still did really well at work. But I could tell my recreational use was blurred with using it when I was sad, anger, or any other emotion I wanted to get rid of. If there was weed in the house, and I didn't have some pressing work to do, I'd light up. I'd tell myself I wouldn't smoke the next day - just to see if I could stop - and 9/10 times I couldn't, I'd just light up again. That's why I put weed aside.

I think you can smoke weed recreationally (if you're not super-drawn to it like I am). But if you're smoking it every day, I think the line gets pretty blurry, because we do face catalyst everyday, and can you truly process your catalyst everyday before smoking as opposed to unconscious or consciously using the weed to suppress or not deal with the emotions/catalyst/hard day? Everyone is different, so it's possible you could do this, but these are my thoughts.

I quit pretty cold turkey from daily smoking maybe 8 years ago, and did not keep weed in the house. I did have withdrawal-type effects for a week where I became really angry and almost violent in roadrage situatons (whereas normally I don't have those experiences at all). I'd still smoke at friends place maybe once a month up until five years ago, where I smoked once year, and been totally sober since 3 years ago. For me, I could not use weed recreationally, whereas I could with alcohol, strangely enough. I never felt guilty or torn about drinking alcohol, though I didn't especially enjoy it. Weed had a strong pull over me, and that's why I stopped. I think overall, the fact that you are questioning this means you are on right path for you. I wish you best of luck in your journey.

RE: MJ detox advice - anagogy - 01-23-2018

I actually think that its not that marijuana prevents dreams but rather, just makes the memories of them far more "slippery". Dream memories are often slippery anyway, for most people, unless one actively practices remembering them, or becoming conscious in them. One of the benefits of marijuana is it shakes up the normal habitual patterns of thoughts, allowing consciousness to traverse along nodes it doesn't normally (you make unusual associations -- creative thoughts). But anything can be bad or good depending on the nature of the individual circumstance. I feel complete respect for someone wanting to be completely sober. Intense trance states can often mimic states induced by drugs.

I haven't smoked it in months. And prior to that, it had been years. But my favorite way used to be those electronic vape cigarette thingies. So convenient!

I used to have lots of judgments about people that used medications (drugs) or even plants to alter their consciousness. I thought it was some objective indicator of imbalance (the fact that they "needed" something outside of themselves to feel good). Over the course of time those judgments have completely evaporated. Every balance is unique. Each creature requires different things on the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual level to be in balance with the universe (every being has a different "chemical reflection" which goes beyond the confines of your body, but rather everything that body interfaces with). Everything is a "drug" when you think about it. Every piece of food you ingest alters your body in some way, we just call it a "drug" when the effect is very strong and obvious.

The best way to indicate balance I have found is to ask myself or someone else: do you feel excited and fulfilled about what life is offering you, experience wise? If the answer is yes, you are probably mostly in balance. Because excitement, passion, enthusiasm, and intense curiosity is the feeling of intelligent energy moving through you, calling you towards your destiny. In depression, there is complete anhedonia. This is the perception of the complete blockage of life force.

Emotions are the most powerful spiritual compass. To reach for a feeling of well being is like the secret back door to finding the Focus (or the conscious gestalt), that will attract the reality you are really yearning for. In fact, I've gotten to the point where I no longer say: "beliefs create reality". Rather, emotions do (but then emotions are the synthesis of thought and belief). But it helps gets rid of most of the intellectual struggle.

As far as detox advice, I would just end with saying: find the bliss in the sober state of mind. Notice those aspects of being sober which please you and they will become more active players in your experience. We often call things "addictions" when they are causing us to have more negative experiences than positive, but we have plenty of addictions that are good (I call good addictions "devotions"). So the idea is to create reinforcement mechanisms that reward traversing the sober nodes of consciousness (if that is what you are seeking to establish -- again, no
judgement on those who have found their balance in altered consciousness). Again, make it a habit to find the bliss in the moment, wherever it is. And when you have found the bliss, look for the next piece, and then the next piece, and so on. Create a devotion towards a feeling of well being. A feeling of connection with the universe.

When the habit is sufficiently stable, it will become the default reality.