Bring4th
Composing music - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Art, Media, & Entertainment (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Thread: Composing music (/showthread.php?tid=15358)

Composing music - Foha - 03-03-2018

I have had the creative bug lately, and have been inspired to write some music.

It's a work in progress... I'm still making changes.

I like making ambient music that can be looped in video games.

RE: Composing music - Nicholas - 03-03-2018

This is nice. I appreciate the string opening. Did you create the melody on keyboard or program them in on a score sheet? Assuming you are using samples that is.

RE: Composing music - Foha - 03-03-2018

RE: Composing music - Foha - 03-03-2018

(03-03-2018, 04:16 PM)Nicholas Wrote: This is nice. I appreciate the string opening. Did you create the melody on keyboard or program them in on a score sheet? Assuming you are using samples that is.

Thank you!
I really really like strings, so I bought a sample pack for too much money at Ableton's website.
I use Ableton music software to make these in Arrangement Mode.
I'm glad someone else likes them as much as I do.

RE: Composing music - Foha - 03-05-2018

I needed to make some inspiring music after finishing the extremely brooding and evil song for the villain.

RE: Composing music - Foha - 03-05-2018

I have an idea on what kind of game I will use these songs in.

I want it to be like Journey for PS4. For those unfamiliar with the game, you are randomly matched with random people online. When you are matched, they don't just pop into existance; rather it matches you with someone not in direect line of sight.
However, in my game you will be paired with another like you.

The main character might be special in that other people like him/her can swap bodies and places with others like him/her.

The main character will be generic and have a small skillset with two modes: one focused on attack, one on defense. Both stances have access to healing other targets, but not yourself. When swapping places or bodies with another player, the game's time slows down. This is two-pronged, and allows both players to abuse the slow-time and plan their next moves.

I want it to seem disassociative in that the player characters you pair with are like you - they are trying to save someone/something for a similar cause. They can be trusted for the most part, etc.

A friend of mine likes to code games, and I'm familiar with coding small games... and another friend is an english major and wants to write the story.

I am inspired to make a game that rewards people for caring for one another, and saving npc's. I plan for a twist at the end where it is revealed the main bad guy is also like the player, and you can swap with them to see from their point of view.

Anyway, I hope it happens.

RE: Composing music - Foha - 03-06-2018

RE: Composing music - Foha - 03-11-2018

I've been writing one a day on average, so I stopped posting them here.

RE: Composing music - ddudekk - 04-13-2018

You're very creative! Yours faithfully