Bring4th
Introvert/Extrovert - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Introvert/Extrovert (/showthread.php?tid=1712)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Ankh - 01-16-2012

I believe that people may have *biases* towards being this or that way, while they are themselves not in this or that way, but both ways. There are situations where people can act in a particular kind of way, but then there are situations where people act in an opposite way. Oftentimes, we forget it though, and so we label ourselves of being in some kind of particular way. This labeling may bring safety of having some kind of identity, or personality, to the self, but in my belief, it can also act as a sort of a "prison". Ra teaches to discover/seek the completeness in the self, and to not choose what we approve and disapprove in ourselves.

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - apeiron - 01-16-2012

It has nothing to do with "do as feels right" or to "heavens sakes" or even blockages a this point; it has more to do I think with increasing green ray effects and yellow/orange still existing, the delineation becoming sharper between those just because of the interaction. If one realizes how incompatible those are at this point, it becomes harder to exist at a social level to say the least.

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Ecz - 01-16-2012

(01-16-2012, 02:51 PM)Ankh Wrote: I believe that people may have *biases* towards being this or that way, while they are themselves not in this or that way, but both ways. There are situations where people can act in a particular kind of way, but then there are situations where people act in an opposite way. Oftentimes, we forget it though, and so we label ourselves of being in some kind of particular way. This labeling may bring safety of having some kind of identity, or personality, to the self, but in my belief, it can also act as a sort of a "prison". Ra teaches to discover/seek the completeness in the self, and to not choose what we approve and disapprove in ourselves.

Great point

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Meerie - 01-17-2012

(01-16-2012, 02:51 PM)Ankh Wrote: I believe that people may have *biases* towards being this or that way, while they are themselves not in this or that way, but both ways. There are situations where people can act in a particular kind of way, but then there are situations where people act in an opposite way. Oftentimes, we forget it though, and so we label ourselves of being in some kind of particular way. This labeling may bring safety of having some kind of identity, or personality, to the self, but in my belief, it can also act as a sort of a "prison". Ra teaches to discover/seek the completeness in the self, and to not choose what we approve and disapprove in ourselves.

Yes true, "are you not all things"? In the grand scheme of things, surely.
however I believe there is a reason for that people usually have certain social "tendencies", same as there is a reason why people don't change their facial structure and body type from one day to the other.
It is to specifically choose certain experiences in this incarnation, drawn from the vast ocean of infinite possibilities. And as much as most of the posters here say they are introverts, I am sure they all have been extroverts in their pastlifes, at one point or another.
I don't believe a person who could truly say of themselves they are an extrovert would be here on this forum, reading Ra material, anyway.

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Oceania - 01-17-2012

(01-16-2012, 03:30 PM)apeiron Wrote: It has nothing to do with "do as feels right" or to "heavens sakes" or even blockages a this point; it has more to do I think with increasing green ray effects and yellow/orange still existing, the delineation becoming sharper between those just because of the interaction. If one realizes how incompatible those are at this point, it becomes harder to exist at a social level to say the least.

that was my point. we all match what we match, and we shouldn't say something is a block just because we don't match it. like angels in heaven can't come down, do they have a block? i wasn't ranting at you.

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Ankh - 01-17-2012

(01-17-2012, 03:30 AM)Meerie Wrote:

Yes true, "are you not all things"? In the grand scheme of things, surely.
however I believe there is a reason for that people usually have certain social "tendencies", same as there is a reason why people don't change their facial structure and body type from one day to the other.
It is to specifically choose certain experiences in this incarnation, drawn from the vast ocean of infinite possibilities. And as much as most of the posters here say they are introverts, I am sure they all have been extroverts in their pastlifes, at one point or another.
I don't believe a person who could truly say of themselves they are an extrovert would be here on this forum, reading Ra material, anyway.

The "tendencies" that you speak of is the *biases* I was speaking of, I believe? I've been having the notion for quite some time, that in some situations one can react in a certain way, and in others one can react in an opposite way, therefore it was difficult and unnecessary to claim whether one is this or that. And then daddy Ra came along, and explained it so perfectly, so yes, I truly really believe that "you are all things" Tongue

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Dinko - 02-12-2012

introvert, not sure about polarization... i guess it helps

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Immortalis Vigil - 01-13-2013

Like many of you I am also an INTJ. INTJs comprise something like 1-2% of the population. I've often wondered if all INTJs are wanderers, from a similar or the same soul group/social memory complex. Every INTJ I have ever encountered seems to have a third person perspective on the human race.

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Ray - 01-13-2013

INFJ here. So introverted, me is a crowd. I must say, I was surprised by the percentage of introverts here, I knew the rest of you had to be out there somewhere. I suppose if we all got together in one place, it would be a most polite gathering, but it would be over in a half an hour.

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Oceania - 01-13-2013

what's a third person perspective on the human race?

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Immortalis Vigil - 01-14-2013

I suppose it is similar to what other Wanderers experience. But it ultimately boils down to not understanding basic human values and impulses, such as heated passion, anger, and attachment. The INTJ is the most clinical, scientific, logical and detached of the Wanderer I have encountered; which makes humanity all the more alien. I will not pretend these are all virtues, however, since I have personally found that the INTJ is more prone than most to succumbing to coldness to the point of apathy about other beings. The heart is something that must be consciously cultivated and balanced constantly.

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Oceania - 01-14-2013

i don't see lack of heart as logical. but i know what you mean. i think INTJs are greys with underdeveloped emotional bodies.

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - Sabou - 04-22-2015

(01-16-2012, 12:31 PM)Oceania Wrote: there's no blockage, it just means you're not into it. i hate when everyone makes preference into a block. it's negative thinking and THAT is a blockage. you do what feels right for heavens sakes.

sorry for ranting, i'm just crabby today.

I would have to agree with this, I have been trying to analyze whether A chunk of my decisions are based around some of my symptoms of anxiety or whether it's just a gosh darn preference, I have had many people tell me the prior but I am just no so sure. Honestly, it could be a mix of both.

RE: Introvert/Extrovert - AnthroHeart - 04-22-2015

My anxiety/depression gets so bad I have to go on disability. But at least it allows me to get better.

I can't say mine is that bad Gemini, though honestly, I want to do the same. I had a full blown panic attack after after a couple days of my new temp job. I was yelling why is it so damn hard, tears were flowing unceasingly, my anxieties hit me like a ton of bricks in the chest. I realize that it is my issue to deal with, but I find it very very exhausting and against the grain of what I want. but the money is good and the opportunities for me to face and work on a multitude of my social inhibitions and anxiety are plentiful, but I find it really hard and it exhausts me rather than energizing me like doing things I enjoy. So tiring... You are constantly around someone having to interact and it drains my energy, I need to do a job where I can work alone and interact on my own time not being forced to be around someone all day every day, especially people who I feel different from. Ehhh im working on it, but I do want to just abandon ship sometimes.. Well almost all the time heh....

At least I get paid 100% for the first 13 weeks. After that I don't know, but my mortgage will be paid as well because I have disability insurance.

Are you on disability now? Have you been on it before for this?

Yes I'm on it now. Been on it 3 times total. Usually I'm out for 6 months.

Ah, How are you doing?

It's good not having to work. Less stress.