Bring4th
Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: Olio (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution (/showthread.php?tid=205)

Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - MisterRabbit - 03-21-2009

In today's saturday chat, I mentioned to Carla about Q'uo's response to the first question in the most recent Light/Lines newsletter. Discussion of this topic led me to think it worthy of threaditude.

Here is a link to the transcript. It's the first question, so no effort finding it:

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&attid=0.1&thid=120164c61971de0b&mt=application%2Fpdf

The most essential passages to me are...

Quote:We wish to thank the one known as G for this
query. It enables us to look at the two paths of
seeking which may be called “passive and reductive”
and “active and inclusive.” The passive and reductive
path is that which we would characterize as the
Buddhist way, the Way of the Yogis. The beginning
of the path is seen as one of chaos and a world of
confusion and suffering. The end of the path is seen
as the end of suffering and the reduction of all chaos
into the “zero” of the uncluttered and empty mind.
In contrast, the way of activity and inclusiveness
might be characterized as that Western way, which is
understood by this instrument as the Christian way,
where there is a journey from the beginning which is
a similar landscape to the beginning of the Buddhist
way, full of chaos and suffering. However, the end of
this way is seen as a journey into more and more
fullness of content, more and more connection to
the world, until the world becomes holy or sacred.
In its way of describing that which is the spiritual
journey, the Confederation, as you call our group,
leans more towards the inclusive path than the
reductive path. And yet both are views of the same
process and the same underlying reality, if we may
use that term in such a world of illusion as is the
Creation.
...This description would indicate that in our opinion
there is no difference between one who believes that
he is channeling pure radiance of being and one who believes that he is entering a state of non-separation
and the complete unity of all things.

You see, I am basically a passive-reductive seeker, pretty Toaist-Buddhisty, while I feel that the general vibe of this webpage is active-inclusive, since the confederation sources primarily lean in that direction.

At the same time, I feel a strong resonance with everyone here and was drawn myself to the confederation sources, primarily by those of Ra. This may be due to Ra’s being a 6D type message, where such dualities as this one are no more.

Regardless, I feel that we all must work to balance whatever our current disposition is by the opposite. For instance my rather yin passive-reductive emphasis gives me the advantages of that path, but I feel myself being drawn to the other side of the spectrum. Likewise, some here who are probably more active-inclusively oriented have expressed that they feel a need to do a greater degree of “inner work”, which I take to probably mean getting more into the passive-reductive side.

I also feel that it is more than just the difference between Being and Doing, But that it is an essential difference in approach to evolution. While the passive-reductive path goes towards zero, the active-inclusive goes towards infinity, but oddly enough, they both end up at the same place, because it turns out that zero is infinity.

Or, as I like to put it, 0 = ∞ = 1
And, oddly enough, 1 > 2

So, I’d like to hear what everyone’s experience and opinion of this interesting subject is.

RE: Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - 3D Sunset - 03-22-2009

Hello Rabbit, good fellow!

In researching a post for another thread, I came across the follow quote, which I think is pertinent to your topic.

Ra Book 2, Session 49 Wrote:Questioner: What process would be the recommended process for correctly awakening the kundalini and of what value would that be?

Ra: I am Ra. The metaphor of the coiled serpent being called upwards is vastly appropriate for consideration by your peoples. This is what you are attempting when you seek. There are, as we have stated, great misapprehensions concerning this metaphor and the nature of pursuing its goal. We must generalize and ask that you grasp the fact that this in effect renders far less useful that which we share. However, as each entity is unique, generalities are our lot when communicating for your possible edification.

We have two types of energy. We are attempting then, as entities in any true color of this octave, to move the meeting place of inner and outer natures further and further along or upward along the energy centers. The two methods of approaching this with sensible method are first, the seating within one’s self of those experiences which are attracted to the entity through the south pole. Each experience will need to be observed, experienced, balanced, accepted, and seated within the individual. As the entity grows in self-acceptance and awareness of catalyst the location of the comfortable seating of these experiences will rise to the new true color entity. The experience, whatever it may be, will be seated in red ray and considered as to its survival content and so forth.

Each experience will be sequentially understood by the growing and seeking mind/body/spirit complex in terms of survival, then in terms of personal identity, then in terms of social relations, then in terms of universal love, then in terms of how the experience may beget free communication, then in terms of how the experience may be linked to universal energies, and finally in terms of the sacramental nature of each experience.

Meanwhile the Creator lies within. In the north pole the crown is already upon the head and the entity is potentially a god. This energy is brought into being by the humble and trusting acceptance of this energy through meditation and contemplation of the self and of the Creator.

Where these energies meet is where the serpent will have achieved its height. When this uncoiled energy approaches universal love and radiant being the entity is in a state whereby the harvestability of the entity comes nigh.

It would seem to me that Ra describes here both the reductive and the inclusive methods in describing how we deal with the up-growing (in your terms "doing") and down-flowing ("being") energies. As for me, I use different meditation techniques to accomplish both goals, although I probably have a slight bias toward the down flowing or "being" type.

Good subject!

3D Sunset

RE: Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - airwaves - 03-24-2009

I am in an unusually good mood today. By unusual I mean more so than usual and man I LOL'ed REALLY hard when I seen:

"Or, as I like to put it, 0 = ∞ = 1
And, oddly enough, 1 > 2"

Wish I could show it to my college Algebra prof. LOL

anyway peace and love friends

RE: Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - MisterRabbit - 03-29-2009

Yeah, 3D, you're right I think that is what Ra is saying. Which falls perfectly in line with what Q'uo said in the transcript I linked above, which is that the two paths only appear different but really aren't. I also have a similar bias as the one you describe yourself having, but do find myself sometimes drawn to expansion. In fact, there was a guided yogic meditation I read from the Aaron transcripts about walking out onto a beach and going out into the water and floating on it and gradually focusing on the sunlight, the water, the air you're breathing, and asking "where does the air around you and the air in your lungs begin and end? Where is the boundary?" and doing the same thing for the water and sunlight, and sort of causing a feeling of expansion, and that actually was really great for me, even though I'm pretty strongly reductive in my normal practice.

And I'm glad you got a kick out of it, airwaves. I find it humorous as well, but also true. Don't they say when one becomes enlightened, the first natural response is laughter?

RE: Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - Quantum - 03-29-2009

(03-21-2009, 05:57 PM)MisterRabbit Wrote: You see, I am basically a passive-reductive seeker, pretty Toaist-Buddhisty, while I feel that the general vibe of this webpage is active-inclusive, since the confederation sources primarily lean in that direction.

At the same time, I feel a strong resonance with everyone here and was drawn myself to the confederation sources, primarily by those of Ra. This may be due to Ra’s being a 6D type message, where such dualities as this one are no more.

Tremendous post MisterRabbit. Much to consider. Given the two paths of the Western 'active-inclusive' vs Eastern 'passive-reductive', and that you are more inclined to the "Toaisty-Buddhisty" passive-reductive seeking, I am reminded of the fact that all is resolved through "The Middle Path", which is oddly in fact a Buddhisty resolution of both, or as described through an Ouspenskian/Gordjieffian 4th Way of Thinking, this by by both authors/teachers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Gurdjieff
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._D._Ouspensky

But nothing to date seems as resolvingly resonnate than do the Ra Teachings,

Q

RE: Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - fairyfarmgirl - 03-29-2009

I hail from a shamanic path. It uses both passive reductive and active doing to reach a place of inner peace and open heart and crown and feet... being a clear and flowing channel of light.

RA is by far the most conclusive of all the methods...

fairyfarmgirl

RE: Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - MisterRabbit - 07-23-2009

Hmm I would like to get into shamanism. It's unfortunate that most things like workshops etc. cost money that I don't have, and travel that I don't have time for. Either that, or just going and completely giving up everything and being initiated into an altogether different life. That is sometimes appealing. But I'm still playing the game, I guess.

RE: Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - fairyfarmgirl - 07-23-2009

(07-23-2009, 02:18 PM)MisterRabbit Wrote: Hmm I would like to get into shamanism. It's unfortunate that most things like workshops etc. cost money that I don't have, and travel that I don't have time for. Either that, or just going and completely giving up everything and being initiated into an altogether different life. That is sometimes appealing. But I'm still playing the game, I guess.

I am Spirit taught. I did not travel anywhere (physically at least) to learn anything. Every physical lesson I learned--- guided practice, the opportunity presented itself to me when I was ready to practice and hone my skills... If I did travel--- The trip was not to learn "shamanism" but to explore this country we live in... and then I would just meet up with those of like-mindedness... sometimes they came to me.

If you are truly interested in a neo-pagan (shamanism, paganism, wicca, green witch, Huna etc.) then I would suggest hooking up with the nearest metaphysical store or a UU church (we like all paths of light) or join a local pagan/shamanism forum in your area.

Then begin just being friendly. To make friends you must be friendly. Water always seeks its own level.

A great way to become acquainted with shamanism is to attend a sweatlodge, go to a Rennaissance faire, or attend a local pagan circle on the Sabbats or Esbats.

Humbly ask and a teacher will come to you. They/it will not if you do not. Teachers can be in the physical, non-physical, spirit, or in forms of books, pdf files, websites, forums, etc.

fairyfarmgirl

RE: Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - MisterRabbit - 07-23-2009

Hmm can't say I'm much one for being able to see discarnate entities, but I'll take your advice into consideration.

RE: Doing and Being: Sides of the Coin of Evolution - Sirius - 07-24-2009

(07-23-2009, 06:37 PM)MisterRabbit Wrote: Hmm can't say I'm much one for being able to see discarnate entities, but I'll take your advice into consideration.

You don't have to see them. Just communicate with them Tongue in whatever way you are most comfortable with BigSmile

If you are looking to add Activicy into your Pacifism, Spirits are the best way to do it. Personal opinion!! BigSmileBigSmile

I would say i was a bit more active that I could keep up with, it is these days I tend to be a lot more passive, or try BigSmile

Love and Light,