Bring4th
In regards to eating meat - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: Health & Diet (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: In regards to eating meat (/showthread.php?tid=239)

RE: In regards to eating meat - Diana - 12-02-2011

(12-02-2011, 08:00 AM)Namaste Wrote: You have to be one seriously unevolved, compassionless ******* to do that to animals.

It's a paradox. While I understand how people can do it, I don't understand how people can do it.

*Balances self*

I feel the same way. The paradox is well put.
(12-01-2011, 10:31 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Identifying Smart Food Choices on the Path to Healthier Diets

In my opinion, stuff like this is going to be much more impactful than making meat-eaters "wrong". Sorry that's all I got for ya at this moment.

Yes, this is a good first step in taking care of the body. There must be a first step, and becoming aware of the physical is how most people advance, or clean up their act if you will.

Of course, there is so much more to consider than the physical. We, here, on this site, are among those seeking higher awareness. Hence, this discussion of all the interconnected aspects of eating meat (that we are aware of; but as we share, the circle widens).

RE: In regards to eating meat - Tenet Nosce - 12-02-2011

(12-02-2011, 11:59 AM)Pickle Wrote: It sounds almost like he feels that our existence is some sort of evil conspiracy LoL.

I observe that we are triad beings composed of life-consciousness-form. Or as Ra refers to it the mind-body-spirit complex. One of the core tactics of manipulation of all kinds is to place overemphasis on the form. We obsess over bodies, and identify with them. But we are not our bodies- the body is just the form which our consciousness has taken. If there were an evil conspiracy lurking in the background of this reality, I can only assume that they would play upon this distortion in every way imaginable.

Pickle Wrote:In reality, outside of the trap of the body, in our level of evolution, we would be like a person without hands or arms. We can travel and move our consiousness around, but we cannot do anything.

In most realities, we can move in and out of our bodies at will. In some of them, bodies are freely offered and shared among different beings. Bodies are cheap commodities. Wisdom... now that comes at a heavy price.

This gives one a little bit of a different perspective on the relative value of the body form. Here in our reality we place the body upon a pedestal and worship it. Even "good" people find themselves enslaved to spending a huge chunk of their time attending to the maintenance of the body through diet and exercise. It is one thing to keep the body in good working order- it is another thing to enslave oneself to diet and exercise regimens- especially under the presumption that it will "make one more spiritual".

For example, when I see somebody who thinks that they "need" to take 2 - 3 hours out of their day to go to the gym, and another 2 - 3 hours in procuring and preparing their special diets, I start to think this individual has some deeper issues that need dealing with. They are using "working on the body" as a distraction from "working on consciousness". There is even a medical term for this: orthorexia nervosa. It means- an unhealthy obsession with health.

You are right- the body serves a purpose- but only relative to the environment in which it exists. If consciousness wants to travel to other realms, it needs to be able to leave one body behind and take up a new form. Attachment to, and over-identification with, the body- that is the imprisonment of which I speak.

RE: In regards to eating meat - Oldern - 12-02-2011

Tenet, I do not really agree with you. Bodies are not just cheap commodities.
They are a represantation of will. Your body is the result of your higher self willing itself into this plane of existence. Its limits and its flaws are prepared and tailored for YOU, or "your part" of the big conciousness. It wont fit to anyone else but you. You are unique in that regard. Everyone is together in being unique for what they have come to do and accomplish is absolutely unique and non-reproducable.

If you "travel through space and time", your body will be a device that is able to do so. It will emit light, it will be crystallzied will once again - only operating in bigger scales than you do now. But your current body is also designed for traveling wherever you want to go. Only on a smaller - yet incredibly large - scale. This planet.

(12-02-2011, 12:38 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: It is one thing to keep the body in good working order- it is another thing to enslave oneself to diet and exercise regimens- especially under the presumption that it will "make one more spiritual".

For example, when I see somebody who thinks that they "need" to take 2 - 3 hours out of their day to go to the gym, and another 2 - 3 hours in procuring and preparing their special diets, I start to think this individual has some deeper issues that need dealing with. They are using "working on the body" as a distraction from "working on consciousness".

You are right- the body serves a purpose- but only relative to the environment in which it exists. If consciousness wants to travel to other realms, it needs to be able to leave one body behind and take up a new form. Attachment to, and identification with, the body- that is the imprisonment of which I speak.

Certainly there are some people who obsess on various things. Hollywood has been instrumental in stuffing humans' heads with what physical beauty should be. And I agree that some obsessive individuals will use diet such as vegan to prove they are spiritual, and I would say that they are obsessing in order to avoid real change (as an addict uses addictions to avoid awareness of unpleasant things). But where I differ is that I see it all as connected. I don't think one can do the minimum for the body while focusing on the "important" spiritual stuff--that seems imbalanced.

I have a different, general view of this. I am caretaker of my property. I am caretaker of my body. To these things I give my very best, as I endeavor to do in all things. The body is not just in relationship to the environment. If I eat junk, and feel horrible, how can I come up to my "spiritual" potential that day if attention is necessarily diverted to my stressed liver and stomach? If I don't exercise my body, when I am old, I will become a burden on others as I have not cared for my vehicle well. All things seem to affect all things.

As one cleans up and clears the physical body, so does one clear other "bodies." Just as emotional stress will cause physical disease, the inverse is also true.

My thinking is to maximize all potentials within our worlds. Sounds grandiose, but I see it as an intention, and goal.

RE: In regards to eating meat - BrownEye - 12-02-2011

(12-02-2011, 01:10 PM)Diana Wrote: As one cleans up and clears the physical body, so does one clear other "bodies." Just as emotional stress will cause physical disease, the inverse is also true.

In addition, though this has not been mentioned for this instrument is not in need of purification, those entities in need of purging the self of a poison thought-form or emotion complex do well to take care in following a program of careful fasting until the destructive thought-form has been purged analogously with the by-products of ridding the physical vehicle of excess material. Again you see the value not to the body complex but used as a link for the mind and spirit. Thus self reveals self to self.

RE: In regards to eating meat - Monica - 12-02-2011

(12-01-2011, 11:49 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:
(12-01-2011, 11:16 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: I don't disagree with the nested densities concept. I just don't see them as solid and separate. I think entities can 'quantum jump' from 1 reality to another. This idea is supported by M Theory and the work of Nassim Haramein, and is explored in the movie What the Bleep (tho some of the science in that movie is a bit shaky.)

Well, I would hope so! Which is why I would be "shocked and amazed" that you would conclude that third density becomes fourth density. In particular due to this quote:

The misunderstanding may be in the difference between 3D vs 4D Earth (consensual reality) as opposed to us being 3D vs 4D entities.

When I speak of making the 'quantum jump' from 3D to 4D, I am speaking of our bodies, not the reality we live in.

I am of the opinion that, as Nassim posits, we are the 'event horizon' meaning that each of us has the power to create our own reality (to the extent it is affected by others...ie. consensual reality).

The nested Earths will still exist. 3D will still exist, for however long it's designed to exist. But we might not be there.

(12-01-2011, 11:49 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: All I am trying to say is that this free-will choice can be made by a meat-eater. And upon arrival in fourth-density they will not be offered meat to eat. Problem solved.

Well maybe you're right about that. But, I still contend that whether we knowingly contribute to the suffering of beings who can feel pain, is a reflection on the amount of compassion we have. And that does affect our polarity.

Regardless of what happens in 4D, in the here and now, animals are being tortured by the millions each and every day. We all share in the responsibility of that.

Here are more quotes with respect to the relative importance of taking care of the body and aiming for longevity. I understand that some do not appreciate using quotes from the material to back up one's view. But this is relevant because it addresses how things are viewed from beyond the veil. I can only assume that once the veil is removed, we will tend to arrive at similar views. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Some of you have offered responses to my previous comments but have ignored the prolific quotes which support them. Again... don't you think it might be at least worth a mention of the thought process behind your logic? Seeing as how your view makes Hatonn, Ra, and Q'uo wrong about this? Given the preponderance of evidence which supports the view I have adopted... I think that the burden of proof here is quite a bit more than "Well that's just what I believe" or "Does Not Resonate".

Sorry... you are certainly free to hold a different view from this, but please be aware that it runs directly contrary to the information found in the transcripts. That is all I am saying.

11 Sep 78
11 Sep 98

Quote:Hatonn… which is known to this instrument as the chambered nautilus. As this sea creature grows it becomes too large for his previous shell and creates for himself a larger one and when in the course of time he then grows, he then creates a larger shell and so on in a beautiful and unending spiral until such time as he has no need for it whatsoever, for any physical vehicle, the consciousness having left this form. Then, my friends, all the shells are empty, having served their purpose.

There are two distinct stages to the development of your mental vehicle. In the first stage, it is primarily important that you constantly be aware that in each situation there is freedom, and you are not iron-bound by any restrictions from the outside. In order to fashion this awareness, it is in this stage necessary that you construct for yourself a larger mental shell, a larger home in which to dwell [i.e. stop focusing so much on the physical shell]. Each time that you find that a situation is impressing you as limiting or difficult, it is time for inner work, my friends, in which you explore and discover the larger and more spacious mental atmosphere that is necessary for your balance.

There is a certain point in your development when you will find that you do not need a shell at all, but instead, in the vulnerable body of consciousness, you may swim out into the waters of the universe and merge with all that there is . In that moment, my friends, you will have discovered that there is no need for any vehicle whatsoever, for all things are one. And as your home is the universe, and as all things are one, no protection is necessary.

We are aware that this second stage is, for the most part, a very distant goal and yet we wish you to know that it does exist and that within it is a larger reality which in good time will supersede the limitations and the difficulties of your present state of consciousness. Meanwhile, enlarge your shell, my friends, through meditation and contemplation. Open yourself within, for the world without only seems to press in upon you. In reality, it is pressing upon itself and you are free. [i.e. you are not your body]

Questioner: Does that (inaudible) of longevity and perhaps even immortality or this (inaudible). Is that a conscious spiritual union of, through meditation, of the spiritual mind of the DNA genetic code?

Hatonn: That which is long life is desired by some among your peoples but in your present vibration it is not truly desirable. There will come a time when longevity is natural. Efforts to precede this natural moment by means of scientific and technological advances may perhaps be fascinating and inspiring to your peoples. However, when longevity is a desirable tool which you may use to good effect—learning and growing throughout a longer incarnation—the exterior vibrations will of necessity, have, shall we say, ameliorated and wars and violence and other negative aspects will have lessened in their impact on the planetary vibration.

The efforts of single individuals to have lives on the planet which do not take into account the outer negativity of the planetary vibration are lives which, shall we say, are those of a (inaudible) and may not be as rewarding to the progress of the soul. However, we realize that we are not addressing ourselves to your question but it is not a question that we can answer simply

I am aware of your question, my sister. First let us elucidate the question of the one known as Ra for his description of longevity as we understood it included not merely a long life as we now know it but that which you would term an impossibly long life such as one which spans two centuries or more. And, indeed, we enjoy a longer life than you by many centuries for our whole sense of time and space have changed as we have entered new vibratory patterns.

Now, secondly, let us address ourselves to your question of a normally long life being perhaps not desirable. May we say to you that lives as you know them, whether long or short by any standards, are in a certain pattern which you have chosen before you enter into the pattern. As a result of going from the beginning to the end of this pattern your spirit hopes that it will have learned certain lessons and thus have improved and refined the vibration which is its essence in the sphere of eternity in which all of you truly dwell.

When one contemplates and then does that which is known as suicide, one cuts short before the natural end the time of learning. And more often than not, the lessons which that soul had hoped to learn have not been learned. Consequently, it is often so that rather than alleviating karma, the action of taking one’s life adds more karma to the burden which is already carried and you are trying to discharge by the expression which is the lifetime which you are now living.

Thus, when you reenter incarnation, you have not only the original lesson to be learned but an additional severity to that lesson which is brought on by that pain that you have caused to those whom you have previously loved. Many times this type of karma is alleviated by the total forgiveness of those whom you have hurt. However, it is simply desirable to live until it is time for the lesson to be through, for your burdens to be laid down. It is a truism, we are aware, but we must repeat that you are not given those things which you cannot bear; thus, working through what is difficult.

When you finish with a lifetime, at its natural end, whether it be short or long, you can then go on and learn other, perhaps, more agreeable lessons in other, perhaps, more agreeable spheres of vibration. If you may think of your existence as having a natural rhythm and an ongoing purpose, perhaps it will be easier for you to understand that suicide, as you call it, is a stoppage of that rhythm in an arbitrary manner. Instead, it is desirable to proceed with the rhythm of your existence, always seeing the many blessings that are about you and letting the realization of love flow into you from the Father. If you can keep these realizations before you, your life, in this realm and all others, will be enjoyable and fruitful.

:exclamation: EDIT: Wait a second! These appear to be the same transcript?! One says 11 Sep 78 and the other 11 Sep 98??

But whenever this quote came from, I think the attitude is quite clear. The body is a shell, and easily discarded when it no longer serves a purpose. It is a vehicle, and nothing more.

So if anybody wants to swoop in this thread and say... no TN you are wrong this is how things actually are, then be clear you are making Hatonn, Ra, and Q'uo wrong about it as well. Hence- "calling Q'uo a liar". That was probably a little too inflammatory of a phrase there that I used.

But the point is either all these entities are wrong, or they are lying to us, according to the views of some in this thread. If so, this is quite an unspoken accusation against the quality of the material and something which I think should be addressed out in the open.

I don't know, maybe you are a 7D Wanderer come back to correct these distortions propagated by your misguided brethren within these channelings. But if so, I would expect a little more to back up your view.

(12-02-2011, 02:48 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Here are more quotes with respect to the relative importance of taking care of the body and aiming for longevity. I understand that some do not appreciate using quotes from the material to back up one's view. But this is relevant because it addresses how things are viewed from beyond the veil. I can only assume that once the veil is removed, we will tend to arrive at similar views. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Some of you have offered responses to my previous comments but have ignored the prolific quotes. Again... don't you think it might be at least worth a mention? Seeing as how your view makes Hatonn, Ra, and Q'uo wrong about this?

That was a wonderful quote. I think we all appreciate the quotes, and the Ra material Smile. For my part, it is not ALL I consider, including my own derivatives from various sources.

For me, taking care of the body is not about longevity; it is about having integrity in all things, and caring for that which is under my care.

(12-02-2011, 03:10 PM)Diana Wrote: For me, taking care of the body is not about longevity; it is about having integrity in all things, and caring for that which is under my care.

I get that more from you now, and this is something which makes a lot more sense to me. If one is coming at the situation from the standpoint of caretaking or stewardship of the body (or the animals or the planet), then I can see how this would lead one to eat less meat.

But that doesn't make meat-eating "wrong" from a spiritual perspective, any more than making smoking a cigarette or drinking alcohol "wrong". It is just another choice to be made and taken under consideration of the whole grand scheme of things.

Yes... everything is connected. Maybe there is some kind of karma associated with meat-eating. But what about the owner of a party store that sells liquor to an alcoholic who goes home and beats his wife? How responsible is that person, really?

In the end, we can take stewardship of physicality (our bodies, animal bodies, the physical earth, etc.) but we always run the risk of becoming identified with these things. Physicality is an illusion. We must keep this in the forefront of our minds if we want to evolve beyond it.

(12-02-2011, 03:14 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: But that doesn't make meat-eating "wrong" from a spiritual perspective, any more than making smoking a cigarette or drinking alcohol "wrong". It is just another choice to be made and taken under consideration of the whole grand scheme of things.

Yes... everything is connected. Maybe there is some kind of karma associated with meat-eating. But what about the owner of a party store that sells liquor to an alcoholic who goes home and beats his wife? How responsible is that person, really?

Agreed: meat-eating is not wrong. I don't even use right and wrong in my thinking, these words being human-made constructs. Yes, it is a choice; but ideally it is a CONSCIOUS choice.

Thinking "out loud" here:

About the party store owner: the difference between this scenario and meat-eating is that the first involves only humans; free will is apparent in each person's choice. The question would be: are 2D meat animals making a choice to participate? Maybe. Even so, they are of 2D, so how can they be as aware of what they are participating in?

(12-02-2011, 02:48 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Here are more quotes with respect to the relative importance of taking care of the body and aiming for longevity. I understand that some do not appreciate using quotes from the material to back up one's view.

We all use quotes...studying the material is the point of this forum.

I agree that the quotes ideally 'should' be used to expand one's thinking, not reinforce narrow, biased thinking.

Respectfully, you seem to be oversimplifying. I think there are many complex nuances to this issue. If I disagree with some of your conclusions, it doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong, or vice versa. It means we have different interpretations and understandings.

(12-02-2011, 02:48 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Some of you have offered responses to my previous comments but have ignored the prolific quotes which support them.

Speaking only for myself, it has nothing to do with the quotes themselves but simply because I'm having a busy week! You are taking the discussion into a completely different area than the topic of this thread. That's ok, but as I said, I will have to split off these recent posts into their own thread, and I just haven't had a chance to even read all your posts, much less analyze which ones need to be split.

The new direction of discussion deserves its own thread and its own attention. When I have time, I may very well delve deeply into the topic.

The main point I'd like to make right now is that I see 2 different issues here:

The importance and function of the physical vehicle

and

Compassion for higher 2D other-selves

My understanding of your views, from what I've read so far (and I admit I haven't read all of your recent posts, so please forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you or have missed something) is that you seem to be focusing on the question of eating animals from the perspective of benefit to the human entity...the physical body, whether the entity can still be harvestable etc.

Whereas, my focus on the meat issue has to do not with humans, but with animals.

Both perspectives are valid. But they are 2 entirely different perspectives. I think that's why it might seem that we disagree. I don't necessarily disagree with your perspective, and I certainly don't think I am in disagreement at all with my understanding of what Ra has said on the subject. I just am focused on a different aspect of the subject: the animals and our response to their plight. I see it as a compassion issue, not a 'criteria for harvest' issue.

(12-02-2011, 02:10 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: The misunderstanding may be in the difference between 3D vs 4D Earth (consensual reality) as opposed to us being 3D vs 4D entities.

So are you saying that one must stop eating meat in order to become a 4D entity? I don't think you are, but just asking for the sake of clarity.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:When I speak of making the 'quantum jump' from 3D to 4D, I am speaking of our bodies, not the reality we live in.

Then I would tend to agree... yes probably meat-eating creates a dampening effect on this process. But it is one of many factors. I think what you are getting at here is actually the inner process of alchemy. But if so, recall that it involves an alternation of distillation (raising vibration) and condensation (lowering vibration) to create the desired outcome. Not saying meat-eating is necessary for this, but just relative to the overall concept of consuming things which "lower our vibration". They have a purpose, too.

I don't agree with the mindset which says we "should never" put anything unhealthy in our bodies. There is actually a very interesting concept called hormesis which postulates that small, regular doses of toxic substances actually benefits health. Again, not saying this justifies gorging ourselves on McDonald's hamburgers, but you are getting at some more subtle points here.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:I am of the opinion that, as Nassim posits, we are the 'event horizon' meaning that each of us has the power to create our own reality (to the extent it is affected by others...ie. consensual reality).

Do you happen to know if Nassim is a vegetarian?

But more to the point... on the other side of the "event horizon" is a consensus reality already in progress. It is already populated by countless beings from the far reaches of the galaxy and beyond. We are not "creating" it from a tabula rasa.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:The nested Earths will still exist. 3D will still exist, for however long it's designed to exist. But we might not be there.

My understanding is that 3D earth will not be inhabitable by any form which we are currently accustomed to.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Well maybe you're right about that. But, I still contend that whether we knowingly contribute to the suffering of beings who can feel pain, is a reflection on the amount of compassion we have. And that does affect our polarity.

Yes, this was part of my lost reply so I am glad you brought it up. I think the ability to feel pain and suffering bears some weight here. I just don't think all animals have this capacity.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Regardless of what happens in 4D, in the here and now, animals are being tortured by the millions each and every day. We all share in the responsibility of that.

Well, sure. Along with a whole host of other heinous atrocities. But none of this is enough to keep us from choosing our way out of here.

(12-02-2011, 03:53 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: Compassion for higher 2D other-selves

I am totally interested in discussing what constitutes "higher" and I know it has been discussed at various points along this thread. This is what I am talking about with discerning a principle by which to make these sort of choices which don't rely upon ethics. Ethics is too messy and ultimately divisive.

With the part that will remain in this thread, I would be interested to see what happens if we all start with what we can agree upon, and then attempt to build a mental framework upon this. I wonder what might turn up?

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:... the physical body, whether the entity can still be harvestable etc.

Whereas, my focus on the meat issue has to do not with humans, but with animals.

Both perspectives are valid. But they are 2 entirely different perspectives.

Yes, they are two different angles. Yet connected. For example, if "harvestability" depends on "polarity" which depends upon our attitude toward other-animal-selves... to what degree does a vegetarian lifestyle support harvestability? I am not really sure but it certainly seems that a meat-eater can be harvestable.

So now if I back up and look the the broader context of 3D earth post-2012 I believe that all entities incarnated after this time have already qualified themselves as "harvestable". Certainly, we are not going to become a global meatless society before then.

So in the meantime, if the primary mission of Wanderers is to increase the harvest, then what relative weight should we, as a group, be giving to various causes as we move into 2012? Of course, everybody has their own little niche. But is there maybe an overarching message we can deliver that might indeed have the effect of drastically reducing meat consumption, while not being dependent upon convincing others of the "wrongness" of it?

As for the plight of the animals... are you concerned for their own harvestability into 3D? I guess I just assume there are others out there whose cosmic role it is to oversee that part of the process. Maybe you are one of them! I guess I just don't see the inherent harm in killing an animal. Raising it in abominable conditions, yes. Treating it poorly and abusing it, yes. But killing it "before its time"... I dunno really how does one judge that sort of thing? What sort of expectations does a chicken have for its life, anyway? Huh

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:I think that's why it might seem that we disagree. I don't necessarily disagree with your perspective, and I certainly don't think I am in disagreement at all with my understanding of what Ra has said on the subject. I just am focused on a different aspect of the subject: the animals and our response to their plight. I see it as a compassion issue, not a 'criteria for harvest' issue.

Isn't compassion a criteria for harvest?
In other news... we are currently trying our hand at making cat food! Picked up a whole chicken to grind up for them with some grass and other yummies.

I just came across this:

Feeding Your Cat: Know The Basics of Feline Nutrition

Quote:Cats Need Animal-Based Protein

Cats are obligate (strict) carnivores and are very different from dogs in their nutritional needs. What does it mean to be an ‘obligate carnivore’? It means that your cat was built by Mother Nature to get her nutritional needs met by the consumption of a large amount of animal-based proteins (meat/organs) and derives much less nutritional support from plant-based proteins (grains/vegetables). It means that cats lack specific metabolic (enzymatic) pathways and cannot utilize plant proteins as efficiently as animal proteins.

What if some humans contained variants in their genes that made their digestive enzyme profile more similar to a cat's? What might suddenly adopting a vegan diet do to their health?

What if humanity's genes were manipulated so as to make a certain portion of us carnivorous??! What then? It is not so simple as everybody just deciding en masse to stop eating meat. There could be negative health consequences... as well as ways to offset those consequences which have also been discussed. But should we make vegetarianism part of "policy" or the "4D curriculum"? I don't know about that.

Also, am I incurring negative karma by feeding this dead bird to my cats? Am I causing harm to the animal kingdom? I am not sure... but it certainly isn't going to keep me up at night. I am comfortable with this being a sufficiently "compassionate" view for the purposes of my existence here. I really don't think it will be "frowned upon" on the other side that I didn't convert my cats to vegetarianism, much less myself, when all is said and done. I don't think sardine sandwiches are what is holding me back from evolving.

When I get my life review, I am sure that I will get to see some of the more uncomfortable ways my actions have impacted others, including animals. But that is all part and parcel of the situation to which we have consigned ourselves. It is up to each of us individually to decide where we stand on these issues. I don't acknowledge a moral imperative coming from higher densities. I see moral imperative as a third density concept. But again, for all I know, maybe it is a 4D concept and I am confusing my perspectives again by applying a 5D or 6D viewpoint to the situation.

RE: In regards to eating meat - Oceania - 12-02-2011

i think most important is to start looking at where your meat comes from. make sure it's well treated animals. then if you give up red red meat and poultry, make an effort to have fish that's from the ocean. feed your pets the same if possible.

RE: In regards to eating meat - _X7 - 12-02-2011

Tenet Nosce, I think you pose good questions. I'm not sure this sort of response has been offerred here (while other responses here fill in other aspects). Please criticize this propossed logic:

Humanly produced foods of all kinds (including pet food) on this planet does occupy most awarenesses of all creatures on our planet as a whole. Whether this awareness invokes toil, puposfulness, pleasure, fun, escape or capture, aggression or compassion.... Most of our world's energy literally flows through human consumption acts as the motivating force.

If this proposed statement is largely factual, then food choices surely make or break harmonious existence upon our earth. For each improvement we make in diet and nutrition, we can ameliorate the balance. Well, may we try.... X7

PS- I wish i could live up to that Confused

(12-02-2011, 07:34 PM)_X7 Wrote: Humanly produced foods of all kinds (including pet food) on this planet does occupy most awarenesses of all creatures on our planet as a whole. Whether this awareness invokes toil, puposfulness, pleasure, fun, escape or capture, aggression or compassion.... Most of our world's energy literally flows through human consumption acts as the motivating force.

I'm not sure if you meant "humanely" or "humanly" as written. I will respond to as written. Certainly human activity is largely responsible for whatever imbalance exists in the global energy flow. And definitely a large portion of this is resulting from our consumption of foodstuffs.

Certainly, there is a whole mishmash of distortion around this issue. Not the least of which is predicated on a single mistranslated word from the Bible- namely dominion. When I think about the average American's attitude toward food- that it doesn't at all matter what one eats and where it comes from- I think this is clearly an ignorant and harmful view.

As you, Oceania, and others have pointed out, a major key is awareness. Not only about where food comes from, but what kind of effects it has on the body. I see people all the time who, for example, haven't seemed to connect their feelings of lethargy with overconsumption of refined carbohydrates. They are just totally in a state of disconnect, and this view is reinforced by many of our cherished institutions, and to a certain degree by a few (not all) anti-meat activists who seem to think it is just fine for humans to consume all manner of processed and petroleum-derived foodstuffs just so long as it isn't meat. I'm sorry, but if we are going to talk about what is harming the planet and the animals, our petroleum-based agricultural system is the culprit. Cattle ranches are secondary.

According to my understanding, if we didn't subsidize petroleum products and farming of grains, most meat would be WAY too expensive for most people to be able to consume so wantonly. And then of course there are the 3.5 billion people on the planet who live on less than $2.50 a day. 1 billion of those people don't know if they are going to eat anything tomorrow, much less a hamburger. So this is why I raise questions about priorities when people start talking about creating a new world and such.

Now in order to become connected- one must look inside for guidance and answers. In my opinion, if a health guru is not pointing their subjects to their own inner wisdom, and instead just telling people what to eat and what not to eat, they are part of the problem rather than the solution.

With respect to dietary choices, the body communicates to us in the form of cravings. While a particular craving may not be healthy, there is always something about it which is serving a genuine purpose in the body.

Fifteen years ago- about the time I came across the Ra material- I realized that if I didn't start making changes to my diet I was setting myself up for some big problems. After a few failed attempts at banning or swearing off certain foods, I came up with a plan. That plan has been largely successful.

It was composed of two simple steps. Step 1 was to make sure I was putting in as wide a variety of foods as I could manage. Step 2 was to listen to my body's cravings. I mean really listen.

Over the years, this has resulted in many profound shifts in my eating behaviors- all without making anything "wrong" or having to feel guilty or down on myself for not living up to an unattainable ideal, etc. As regards meat, this has absolutely resulted in a drastic reduction of the meat I consume- and I am much more conscientious about where that meat comes from.

At this particular nexus the two of us go through about one pound of organically-raised lamb per week. We purchased the whole lamb- I don't like to buy parts and pieces. We also eat one organic free-range chicken per week.. about three pounds. Then usually some kind of sustainably caught fish or seafood... another pound.

My point is... all of this should be a "good" thing, no? But when somebody takes a really rigid stance- all meat-eating is wrong- I don't see how that is productive. It just alienates people by making them feel that dietary changes are an "all or nothing" matter. This is hardly a "balanced" approach.

_X7 Wrote:If this proposed statement is largely factual, then food choices surely make or break harmonious existence upon our earth. For each improvement we make in diet and nutrition, we can ameliorate the balance.

I would say it is the potential to evolve beyond our dualistic mindset... right/wrong, good/bad, black/white, democrat/republican, my team/your team, (the list goes on forever) which is the fulcrum upon which our peaceful and harmonious coexistence rests. All else is downstream from that... yes that affects our dietary choices... however if we are changing our diet out of yet another authoritarian mandate ("Thou Shalt Not...") then we are right back where we started. We just substituted one distorted behavior for another.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: So are you saying that one must stop eating meat in order to become a 4D entity? I don't think you are, but just asking for the sake of clarity.

I have no idea. Ra was very clear as to the requirements for graduation to 4D.

You yourself said you didn't think anyone would eat animals in 4D.

Our planet is already getting 4D light. How does that reconcile with the 'separate but nested' densities?

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:
Bring4th_Monica Wrote:When I speak of making the 'quantum jump' from 3D to 4D, I am speaking of our bodies, not the reality we live in.

Then I would tend to agree... yes probably meat-eating creates a dampening effect on this process.

Many psychics say they eat meat to 'stay grounded.'

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: But it is one of many factors.

Agreed.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I think what you are getting at here is actually the inner process of alchemy. But if so, recall that it involves an alternation of distillation (raising vibration) and condensation (lowering vibration) to create the desired outcome. Not saying meat-eating is necessary for this, but just relative to the overall concept of consuming things which "lower our vibration". They have a purpose, too.

I'm not conversant enough in what you're referring to. I will just say that I don't accept the idea that it would ever be necessary to knowingly inflict harm on another being, in order to advance spiritually. That flies in the face of what we know about the STO path.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I don't agree with the mindset which says we "should never" put anything unhealthy in our bodies. There is actually a very interesting concept called hormesis which postulates that small, regular doses of toxic substances actually benefits health. Again, not saying this justifies gorging ourselves on McDonald's hamburgers, but you are getting at some more subtle points here.

Well that's kinda moot since it's impossible to completely avoid toxic substances. There are enough toxic substances in even organic produce, so I don't think it's a good idea to go looking for more!

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Do you happen to know if Nassim is a vegetarian?

I never even gave it any thought before. I just did a search and look what I found on Nassim's website:

Quote:The Resonance Project works with each venue to create healthy, creative vegetarian menus for shared mealtimes to complete the experience.

If his organization is making a point to offer vegetarian meals at their events, then that's a pretty strong indication that he is a vegetarian.

(He's a really lit up guy, incidentally.)

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: But more to the point... on the other side of the "event horizon" is a consensus reality already in progress. It is already populated by countless beings from the far reaches of the galaxy and beyond. We are not "creating" it from a tabula rasa.

This is a huge topic...outside the scope of this thread.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Yes, this was part of my lost reply so I am glad you brought it up. I think the ability to feel pain and suffering bears some weight here. I just don't think all animals have this capacity.

Assuming that by 'animals' you are referring to the animals commonly used for meat (cows, chickens, fish etc.) why do you think some don't? (Or are you referring to microbes? We don't usually use the term 'animal' when referring to microbes.)

All those animals have pain receptors. That isn't opinion; it's fact.

Even fish have pain receptors!

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_in_animals

Quote:Pain is a sensory and emotional experience often caused by intense or damaging stimuli. The International Association for the Study of Pain says pain is a conscious experience involving unpleasantness, i.e. suffering. For a creature to experience pain, by that definition, it must be capable of consciousness and suffering.

It logically follows that, if a creature has an obvious physical mechanism for feeling pain, then it must be conscious enough to register that pain.

I don't see how it can be argued that any creature with pain receptors doesn't feel pain.

Quote:The ability to experience pain in an animal, or another human for that matter, cannot be determined directly but it may be inferred through physiological and behavioral reactions.[7]
Some criteria that may indicate the potential to feel pain include:[8]
Has a suitable nervous system and receptors
Physiological changes to noxious stimuli
Displays protective motor reactions that might include reduced use of an affected area such as limping, rubbing, holding or autotomy
Has opioid receptors and shows reduced responses to noxious stimuli when given analgesics and local anaesthetics
Shows trade-offs between stimulus avoidance and other motivational requirements
Shows avoidance learning
High cognitive ability and sentience
Vertebrates

[edit]Fish
Main article: Pain in fish
Animal protection advocates have raised concerns about the possible suffering of fish caused by angling. In light of recent research, some countries, like Germany, have banned specific types of fishing, and the British RSPCA now formally prosecutes individuals who are cruel to fish.[9]
[edit]Invertebrates

Main article: Pain in invertebrates
Though it has been argued that most invertebrates do not feel pain,[10][11][12] there is some evidence that invertebrates, especially the decapod crustaceans (e.g. crabs and lobsters) and cephalopods (e.g. octopuses), exhibit behavioural and physiological reactions indicating they may have the capacity for this experience.[13][14][15] Nociceptors have been found in nematodes, annelids and molluscs.[16] Most insects do not possess nociceptors,[17][18][19] one known exception being the fruit fly.[20] In vertebrates, endogenous opioids are neurochemicals that moderate pain by interacting with opiate receptors. Opioid peptides and opiate receptors occur naturally in nematodes,[21][22] molluscs,[23][24] insects[25][26] and crustaceans.[27][28] The presence of opioids in crustaceans has been interpreted as an indication that lobsters may be able to experience pain,[29][30] although it has been claimed "at present no certain conclusion can be drawn".[29]
One suggested reason for rejecting a pain experience in invertebrates is that invertebrate brains are too small. However, brain size does not necessarily equate to complexity of function.[31] Moreover, weight for body-weight, the cephalopod brain is in the same size bracket as the vertebrate brain, smaller than that of birds and mammals, but as big or bigger than most fish brains.[32][33]
[edit]Crustaceans
Main article: Pain in crustaceans
The question of whether or not crustaceans can experience pain is unresolved. One paper holds that lobsters' opioids may "mediate pain in the same way" as in vertebrates.[30]

I found this especially interesting:

Quote:Animals are kept in laboratories for a wide range of reasons, some of which may involve pain, suffering or distress, whilst others (e.g. many of those involved in breeding) will not. The extent to which animal testing causes pain and suffering in laboratory animals is the subject of much debate.[35] Marian Stamp Dawkins defines "suffering" in laboratory animals as the experience of one of "a wide range of extremely unpleasant subjective (mental) states."[36] The United States Department of Agriculture defines a "painful procedure" in an animal study as one that would "reasonably be expected to cause more than slight or momentary pain or distress in a human being to which that procedure was applied."[37] Some critics argue that, paradoxically, researchers raised in the era of increased awareness of animal welfare may be inclined to deny that animals are in pain simply because they do not want to see themselves as people who inflict it.[38]

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:
Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Regardless of what happens in 4D, in the here and now, animals are being tortured by the millions each and every day. We all share in the responsibility of that.

Well, sure. Along with a whole host of other heinous atrocities. But none of this is enough to keep us from choosing our way out of here.

Here is that difference in focus again. I really don't understand this entire argument. It seems to be about defining the minimum requirements for graduation, from the perspective of how 'we' can benefit.

Yes, there are many heinous atrocities. And we can't all get involved in every cause. But no one is debating whether one 'should' help starving children if they are able to do so.

Why are we even debating whether we 'should' reduce animal suffering if we are able to do so?

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I am totally interested in discussing what constitutes "higher" and I know it has been discussed at various points along this thread. This is what I am talking about with discerning a principle by which to make these sort of choices which don't rely upon ethics. Ethics is too messy and ultimately divisive.

That's easy. If they have pain receptors, then I'd consider them 'higher' 2D. It's an easy demarcation.

We'll miss some trees with that definition, but it's a good place to start.

I propose that we get the obviously 'higher' ones handled first...then we can maybe move on to plants and microbes.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: With the part that will remain in this thread, I would be interested to see what happens if we all start with what we can agree upon, and then attempt to build a mental framework upon this. I wonder what might turn up?

OK. Can we all agree that creatures with pain receptors probably feel pain?

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Yes, they are two different angles. Yet connected. For example, if "harvestability" depends on "polarity" which depends upon our attitude toward other-animal-selves...

It depends on the sum total of our STO which includes compassion. Ra never broke it down into 'other human selves' and 'other animal selves.'

That's why I gave the example of the dog by the side of the road. Who among us wouldn't feel compassion for that dog?

It is the same with any animal. Compassion must actually be turned off, by not acknowledging the suffering the animal endured, in order to consciously eat it.

Now before the sparks start flying, I'm not saying anyone who eats meat lacks compassion! Obviously, most people eat meat, and most have compassion. But in that moment of eating that animal, I contend that the person's normal inclination towards compassion must be temporarily turned off, in order to eat the animal. It can be turned off by justifying ("I need to eat this to be healthy" or "this cow was raised humanely") but it is turned off, nonetheless.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: to what degree does a vegetarian lifestyle support harvestability? I am not really sure but it certainly seems that a meat-eater can be harvestable.

Of course meat-eaters are harvestable. Good heavens look at Carla! and you and nearly everyone else on this forum! and nearly everyone else we meet.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: So now if I back up and look the the broader context of 3D earth post-2012 I believe that all entities incarnated after this time have already qualified themselves as "harvestable". Certainly, we are not going to become a global meatless society before then.

Well we're still working on it. Tongue

Kidding! Of course you are right about that.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: So in the meantime, if the primary mission of Wanderers is to increase the harvest, then what relative weight should we, as a group, be giving to various causes as we move into 2012? Of course, everybody has their own little niche. But is there maybe an overarching message we can deliver that might indeed have the effect of drastically reducing meat consumption, while not being dependent upon convincing others of the "wrongness" of it?

It may be working itself out. In the next decade, it may very well become mandatory for everyone on the planet to go veg or at least drastically cut meat consumption, for the planet to be able to continue to sustain our population.

In the meantime, people are generally more receptive to the idea of cutting back on meat for health reasons, than they are for the sake of the animals.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: As for the plight of the animals... are you concerned for their own harvestability into 3D?

Yes, that too. And for the heaviness permeating our planet in general.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I guess I just assume there are others out there whose cosmic role it is to oversee that part of the process. Maybe you are one of them!

Haha maybe!

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I guess I just don't see the inherent harm in killing an animal.

Well, I guess I rest my case then. I don't think there is any way to convey it to you.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: What if some humans contained variants in their genes that made their digestive enzyme profile more similar to a cat's? What might suddenly adopting a vegan diet do to their health?

If they did (and no research has ever shown that to be true, but IF they did) then they probably wouldn't do well with an abrupt, sudden shift to a vegan diet.

Better to transition gradually, and consume superfoods.

As Pickle as explained (and I agreed), the human body can mutate. So even if they started out that way, they aren't necessarily stuck with that limitation.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: What if humanity's genes were manipulated so as to make a certain portion of us carnivorous??! What then? It is not so simple as everybody just deciding en masse to stop eating meat. There could be negative health consequences... as well as ways to offset those consequences which have also been discussed. But should we make vegetarianism part of "policy" or the "4D curriculum"? I don't know about that.

That's all moot because it's impossible for any of us to make such a 'policy' even if we could agree on it.

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I really don't think it will be "frowned upon" on the other side that I didn't convert my cats to vegetarianism,

My cats aren't vegetarian either. I'm working on my dogs first... Tongue

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: It is up to each of us individually to decide where we stand on these issues.

Yup

(12-02-2011, 03:54 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I don't acknowledge a moral imperative coming from higher densities. I see moral imperative as a third density concept. But again, for all I know, maybe it is a 4D concept and I am confusing my perspectives again by applying a 5D or 6D viewpoint to the situation.

Ra didn't give us any sort of moral imperative. That's why we're all struggling to figure this all out. That too is part of the process!

RE: In regards to eating meat - Tenet Nosce - 12-03-2011

(12-02-2011, 10:24 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: You yourself said you didn't think anyone would eat animals in 4D.

I did!

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Our planet is already getting 4D light. How does that reconcile with the 'separate but nested' densities?

Well, they also interpenetrate. As more 4D light/catalyst bleeds through it will enable more people to get a jumpstart on 4D lessons. But humanity would hardly be held responsible for mastering them!

I see this world as a spiritual kindergarten. Our main lessons seem to revolve around sharing our toys with others and playing nice together. Considering the current state of affairs, teaching a 3D entity to perceive 2D entities as self just seems over-the-bar for your average earth human. That sounds like a very advanced lesson.

From what I gather, earth's population from this point forward is largely comprised of those who elected to destroy their planet in a nuclear blast or who are remnants of similar disasters. They clearly have not yet learned to see each other as self... can we expect them to grasp these advanced ideas? Is that what we are really here to do?

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Many psychics say they eat meat to 'stay grounded.'

Tobacco has a similar effect, but there are those who would outlaw that too! BigSmile

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:I'm not conversant enough in what you're referring to.

The Book of Aquarius

Of course, my posting a link to this does not constitute an endorsement. But this book is chock-full of quotes from various alchemy writings. It is interesting to see what kind of picture they form when put together. It isn't light reading, but it is the best reference I know.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:I will just say that I don't accept the idea that it would ever be necessary to knowingly inflict harm on another being, in order to advance spiritually. That flies in the face of what we know about the STO path.

Well, of course! Although my nitpicky analytical mind would note that probably "knowingly inflicting harm" is an experience which we all must pass through at some point in our journeys. I wonder if in a certain sense it is necessary.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Well that's kinda moot since it's impossible to completely avoid toxic substances. There are enough toxic substances in even organic produce, so I don't think it's a good idea to go looking for more!

LOL. No I am just offering that in response to the attitude which says "you should never put anything harmful into the body". As you pointed out, achieving this would be quite impossible. And yes, if one is aware, then one is doing it consciously.

Shall we say that people shouldn't take any actions which they consciously know might bring harm to their own bodies? Most people would say no a person has the right to do with their body as they please, even if they are causing harm to it. How would you weigh in on this?

Quote:(He's a really lit up guy, incidentally.)

I can see that!

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Assuming that by 'animals' you are referring to the animals commonly used for meat (cows, chickens, fish etc.) why do you think some don't? (Or are you referring to microbes? We don't usually use the term 'animal' when referring to microbes.)

Well, no when I say "animals" I mean all of them! But no, microbes aren't animals.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:All those animals have pain receptors. That isn't opinion; it's fact.

Any bird or mammal does, no doubt.

Quote:Even fish have pain receptors!

Yes, some do. Though I wonder if netting a fish causes it to feel much pain. Also, this is still an area of hot debate. Maybe as details unfold we will be able to better discern the biological nature of suffering.

Not to open this whole can of worms... but if plants were found to experience pain and suffering, would you advise not eating them as well?

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:It logically follows that, if a creature has an obvious physical mechanism for feeling pain, then it must be conscious enough to register that pain.

I don't see how it can be argued that any creature with pain receptors doesn't feel pain.

Well, we all have nociceptors... but the signals only become perceived as "pain" as a result of the way our brain is wired. Theoretically, one could rewire the brain to feel pleasure when those receptors are stimulated. Actually, some have done this, it is called sadomasochism. BigSmile

Also, I don't know if I would go so far as to say that consciousness is sufficient to experience suffering. I think that requires self-consciousness. But I have no quotes to throw at that one!

Quote:Has a suitable nervous system and receptors
Physiological changes to noxious stimuli
Displays protective motor reactions that might include reduced use of an affected area such as limping, rubbing, holding or autotomy
Has opioid receptors and shows reduced responses to noxious stimuli when given analgesics and local anaesthetics
Shows trade-offs between stimulus avoidance and other motivational requirements
Shows avoidance learning
High cognitive ability and sentience

This is a pretty good list. I would say the last three are more indicative of suffering. It seems to me that suffering needs involve the ability to perceive the difference between what is happening and what is desired to be happening.

Like if a bird or mammal becomes separated from their young, they are clearly distressed. Does a fish even notice? I don't know but I don't think so.

Quote:Animal protection advocates have raised concerns about the possible suffering of fish caused by angling. In light of recent research, some countries, like Germany, have banned specific types of fishing, and the British RSPCA now formally prosecutes individuals who are cruel to fish.

Wow! See I just have a hard time grasping what drives a person to get up in the morning and dedicate their day to saving the fish. Then again I have a hard time grasping what drives anybody who is highly driven! LOL

But what about netting fish? Seriously we were considering getting a growing dome so we can grow food all year round. You can get them with fish tanks within and I thought it might be neat to raise some sardines and anchovies. Do you really think this wouldn't be acting in the "4D spirit" of things?

Quote:Main article: Pain in invertebrates

This is why I don't think having nociceptors is a sufficient criteria. Since fruit flies have them, should I allow them to invade my kitchen?! I don't think I could manage to escort them out of the house.

Quote:Some critics argue that, paradoxically, researchers raised in the era of increased awareness of animal welfare may be inclined to deny that animals are in pain simply because they do not want to see themselves as people who inflict it.[/b][38]

Probably so.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Here is that difference in focus again. I really don't understand this entire argument. It seems to be about defining the minimum requirements for graduation, from the perspective of how 'we' can benefit.

Yes, there are many heinous atrocities. And we can't all get involved in every cause. But no one is debating whether one 'should' help starving children if they are able to do so.

Why are we even debating whether we 'should' reduce animal suffering if we are able to do so?

I dunno... are we debating that? My main question is... why is this such a high priority item? It just makes sense to me that if we were to make a list or a pie chart of "suffering in the world" that the vast majority of it is perpetrated by humans to other humans. Why not start there?

For example, we watched a documentary on sealing. Watching those dudes beat baby seals to death was quite appalling! But in the back of my mind I was wondering... what really drove this guy filming the documentary to leave his family and head off in a boat to "save the seals". First off, he didn't actually save a single seal. Secondly... I just can't shake the feeling that these types of individuals have some serious unresolved yellow ray issues they are avoiding. Maybe I'm wrong.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:That's easy. If they have pain receptors, then I'd consider them 'higher' 2D. It's an easy demarcation.

So a fruit fly is "higher" 2D, in your view?

Quote:We'll miss some trees with that definition, but it's a good place to start.

Sadly. Believe it or not I feel more for some trees than I do some animals. After a huge storm blew through our neighborhood knocking down trees, our neighbors across the street hired a company to take down this ginormous tree in their back yard. It had to be nearing 100 years old! The cats were apparently quite perturbed by this as well. (How did they know??)

On the other hand, if a squirrel runs toward my vehicle when driving down the street, I do try to avoid it. But if I hit it my reaction is something like, "Gee that's too bad... but what a dumbass squirrel!"

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:I propose that we get the obviously 'higher' ones handled first...then we can maybe move on to plants and microbes.

Good plan.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:OK. Can we all agree that creatures with pain receptors probably feel pain?

Nope! Tongue This is going to sound nitpicky, but the technical term is nociceptor. Pain receptor is a laymans term... but this is significant because it isn't clear how the signals get translated into the experience of pain. Suffering is another level altogether.

But I think we are on the right track!

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:It depends on the sum total of our STO which includes compassion. Ra never broke it down into 'other human selves' and 'other animal selves.'

I didn't mean it quite that way. But getting back to what I wrote earlier, yes I think there is a vast gap of awareness between perceiving other humans as self, and perceiving other animals as self. One is a requirement for graduation, the other is not. No- Ra didn't explicitly state as such. This is something that would fall under "what TN thinks Ra meant."

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:That's why I gave the example of the dog by the side of the road. Who among us wouldn't feel compassion for that dog?

Probably none. But I think that says something... most humans would respond compassionately to the dog. While most wouldn't respond the same way to a sardine or a fruit fly.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:It is the same with any animal.

Even a fruit fly?!

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Compassion must actually be turned off, by not acknowledging the suffering the animal endured, in order to consciously eat it.

I kind of get what you are saying. But at the same time... isn't acknowledging the suffering necessary for compassion? Could there even be compassion without suffering??!

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:It may be working itself out. In the next decade, it may very well become mandatory for everyone on the planet to go veg or at least drastically cut meat consumption, for the planet to be able to continue to sustain our population.

I tend to agree with this. Which is why I would encourage some activists to take a chill pill! What you resist persists. Why not surrender to the process and trust that the end result will be that which is desired?

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Yes, that too. And for the heaviness permeating our planet in general.

Are you feeling anxious or concerned that the earth may actually not make it, or something like that?

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Well, I guess I rest my case then. I don't think there is any way to convey it to you.

I think it has more to do with different uses of the words killing and harm. I don't see these two terms as equivalent, though they often overlap.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:If they did (and no research has ever shown that to be true, but IF they did) then they probably wouldn't do well with an abrupt, sudden shift to a vegan diet.

Well they haven't. But what research HAS shown is that different bodies have different nutritional needs, and that those needs change over time. I am just saying I am leery of any dietary position which advocates a one-size-fits-all solution.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Better to transition gradually, and consume superfoods.

Yes!

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:As Pickle as explained (and I agreed), the human body can mutate. So even if they started out that way, they aren't necessarily stuck with that limitation.

No, not necessarily.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Ra didn't give us any sort of moral imperative. That's why we're all struggling to figure this all out. That too is part of the process!

I know... but I think there are many who believe the moral imperative exists, but Ra left it for us to figure out. I am saying it doesn't exist at all. I am suggesting that a flourishing STO society doesn't navigate by morals or codes of behavior, whatsoever. In an STO society, people don't serve each other because it is the "right thing" to do. They serve each other because that is who they are.

RE: In regards to eating meat - Diana - 12-03-2011

(12-02-2011, 09:53 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: They are just totally in a state of disconnect, and this view is reinforced by many of our cherished institutions, and to a certain degree by a few (not all) anti-meat activists who seem to think it is just fine for humans to consume all manner of processed and petroleum-derived foodstuffs just so long as it isn't meat.

Could we please, for the sake of this discussion, assume that none of the vegetarians on this site are the anti-meat activists you describe, who are so militant that they will eat all manner of junk so long as it's not meat. I don't know a single person like that, and certainly no one here is proposing such preposterous behavior.

This discussion keeps coming to points like this, and I don't see the efficacy of it here. Aren't we trying to explore this issue and its "higher" implications? It has been repeatedly said that vegetarians are pointing the finger at meat-eaters saying it is "wrong." It's not wrong, as nothing is wrong, and no one has said it is wrong that I recall. It is a choice.

The disconnect comes from not being aware, and not making a conscious choice.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Not to open this whole can of worms... but if plants were found to experience pain and suffering, would you advise not eating them as well?

This can of worms is already open and has been addressed at length in this thread Smile.

Plants have an entirely different existence, which in some cases relies upon parts being eaten (fruit being the prime example). Much more on this in earlier posts.
(12-02-2011, 09:53 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I would say it is the potential to evolve beyond our dualistic mindset... right/wrong, good/bad, black/white, democrat/republican, my team/your team, (the list goes on forever) which is the fulcrum upon which our peaceful and harmonious coexistence rests.

This seems to suggest to me that you view the peaceful and harmonious existence as only involving humans and humans. There are plants, animals, minerals, the planet earth itself; all manner of life to be in peaceful coexistence with.

(12-03-2011, 01:10 AM)Diana Wrote: Could we please, for the sake of this discussion, assume that none of the vegetarians on this site are the anti-meat activists you describe

OK.

Diana Wrote:This seems to suggest to me that you view the peaceful and harmonious existence as only involving humans and humans. There are plants, animals, minerals, the planet earth itself; all manner of life to be in peaceful coexistence with.

No. All I am suggesting is a natural outgrowth. For example, one cannot make peace with others until they have made peace with the self. This is a prerequisite, although many are still attempting to bypass this fundamental step.

The next step is to make peace with humanity. There is so much work to be done here that I would almost call it obscene. Then we have the animals, and the plants, and then Gaia herself.

The response here is typically... why not all at once? Well, why not is because we need to do the first step first. We can't skip right to the end. Believe me, I've tried! BigSmile

Diana Wrote:Aren't we trying to explore this issue and its "higher" implications?

OK, so let's roll with that. Let's say you, me and everybody else here is probably a wanderer. Or at least that we all got the 51% thing going for us.

Alright. So I recently purchased a lamb. It was raised organically by a farmer whom I met personally. He and his wife left their corporate jobs to be able to spend more time with their children. Raising organic lamb is part of how they support their family. Two days ago, I ate some of this lamb and found it to be quite delicious.

What would you say are the "higher" implications of this? Anything I really should be concerned about in the grand scheme of things?

(12-03-2011, 01:43 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Alright. So I recently purchased a lamb. It was raised organically by a farmer whom I met personally. He and his wife left their corporate jobs to be able to spend more time with their children. Raising organic lamb is part of how they support their family. Two days ago, I ate some of this lamb and found it to be quite delicious.

What would you say are the "higher" implications of this? Anything I really should be concerned about in the grand scheme of things?

I would say that you are to be commended for choosing organic, humanely raised (I assume that's the case) lamb. This is a huge step up from unconsciously consuming commercial meat.

I wouldn't think you had anything to worry about. I do hope that someday you connect to other life forms enough to be sensitive to them. And in the grand scheme perhaps that doesn't matter. Perhaps a life cut short (certainly the lamb's was) has no significance as we all move on to the next thing. Would it matter if yours was cut short, or your children's?

The implications are that evolution, change, expansion are happening. This universe is not static. Though 3D and 4D and all the other D's may always exist, it does not follow that they will always be the same. Change will and does continually occur. We as the observers and participants direct change with our intentions and choices. So, if I don't have to take the life of an animal for food--an animal that is in fear of being killed--I choose not to do it. I imagine that my choice helps existence to evolve in a positive direction.
(12-03-2011, 01:43 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: No. All I am suggesting is a natural outgrowth. For example, one cannot make peace with others until they have made peace with the self. This is a prerequisite, although many are still attempting to bypass this fundamental step.

I agree with this.

RE: In regards to eating meat - Monica - 12-03-2011

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:
(12-02-2011, 10:24 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: You yourself said you didn't think anyone would eat animals in 4D.

I did!

Tongue

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I see this world as a spiritual kindergarten. Our main lessons seem to revolve around sharing our toys with others and playing nice together. Considering the current state of affairs, teaching a 3D entity to perceive 2D entities as self just seems over-the-bar for your average earth human. That sounds like a very advanced lesson.

I see it more as a 1-room schoolhouse, with many students at varying levels of development.

You're right that trying to teach kindergartners (who are barely learning to not kill other humans) to not kill animals is too advanced.

But, they're not all kindergartners.

And you just used the same logic I used earlier: I see no point in trying to make a case against eating plants, when people are still eating animals. It's just way too advanced.

I don't think everyone is unable to grasp animal cruelty though. Many are. An increasingly high number of people are grasping it. It may be too advanced for most, but not for all.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: From what I gather, earth's population from this point forward is largely comprised of those who elected to destroy their planet in a nuclear blast or who are remnants of similar disasters. They clearly have not yet learned to see each other as self... can we expect them to grasp these advanced ideas? Is that what we are really here to do?

What you are here to do and what I am here to do might be drastically different. We each must tune in to our own Higher Self and our own personal life mission.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Of course, my posting a link to this does not constitute an endorsement.

Understood.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: But this book is chock-full of quotes from various alchemy writings. It is interesting to see what kind of picture they form when put together. It isn't light reading, but it is the best reference I know.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Well, of course! Although my nitpicky analytical mind would note that probably "knowingly inflicting harm" is an experience which we all must pass through at some point in our journeys. I wonder if in a certain sense it is necessary.

Sometimes things are necessary for the express purpose of providing catalyst so that we learn to not choose those things. Wink

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Shall we say that people shouldn't take any actions which they consciously know might bring harm to their own bodies? Most people would say no a person has the right to do with their body as they please, even if they are causing harm to it. How would you weigh in on this?

I'm a strong believer in the concept of individual liberty. Each person has the right to do whatever they want to their own bodies.

However, the problem is that often, when they harm their own bodies, they harm others as well.

People smoking cigarettes pollute the air around them, to the point that family members also get lung cancer from breathing second-hand smoke.

Alcoholics affect others by causing car accidents, becoming violent, etc.

Then there is the medical issue. Smokers getting lung cancer, alcoholics needing liver transplants, and even hugely obese people and people with cancer or diabetes which they could have controlled with some simple diet and lifestyle changes, take their toll on family and society, because the cost of their medical care is so astronomical.

So it's not quite so simple as 'do whatever you want' because it often affects others. It opens up a can of worms trying to sort it all out.

If it truly didn't affect others, then yes, they should have the freedom to do whatever they want. No one has the right to tell a person not to drink a soda (which I call cancer in a can) but it's an unfortunate fact that the staggering medical costs are a huge burden on society.

One person's freedom ends where another's begins.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Not to open this whole can of worms... but if plants were found to experience pain and suffering, would you advise not eating them as well?

I don't think that will be proven until we are able to survive without eating plants. At this point, we must consume plants. Even meat-eaters must also eat plants. And the animals raised for meat also eat plants. So it's a moot point.

If it were proven at this time, then I would schedule a meeting with the Sub-Logos asap and ask what the hell they had in mind, designing the planet like that!

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Well, we all have nociceptors... but the signals only become perceived as "pain" as a result of the way our brain is wired. Theoretically, one could rewire the brain to feel pleasure when those receptors are stimulated. Actually, some have done this, it is called sadomasochism.

Oh yeah. Well I don't know what to say to that. Too weird for me! Huh

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Also, I don't know if I would go so far as to say that consciousness is sufficient to experience suffering. I think that requires self-consciousness. But I have no quotes to throw at that one!

Me neither!

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: This is a pretty good list. I would say the last three are more indicative of suffering. It seems to me that suffering needs involve the ability to perceive the difference between what is happening and what is desired to be happening.

Like if a bird or mammal becomes separated from their young, they are clearly distressed. Does a fish even notice? I don't know but I don't think so.

Interesting point. Many people on the road to vegetarianism give up red meat first, then poultry, and fish is the last to go. (and then eggs and dairy if they decide to go all the way to vegan.)

I've often wondered why that is so. There didn't seem to be any logical reason why eating cows was considered worse than eating chickens, and eating chickens was considered worse than eating fish, etc. But that's just sort of the way it has worked out. I never liked fish so I skipped that step, but this particular sequence is very well known and considered the normal way to do it.

If what you're saying is true then that might indicate chicken are more aware than fish, and there might be some biological evidence of that.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Wow! See I just have a hard time grasping what drives a person to get up in the morning and dedicate their day to saving the fish. Then again I have a hard time grasping what drives anybody who is highly driven! LOL

But you are highly driven! You're highly driven to intellectual discussion of deep philosophical concepts! BigSmile

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: But what about netting fish? Seriously we were considering getting a growing dome so we can grow food all year round. You can get them with fish tanks within and I thought it might be neat to raise some sardines and anchovies. Do you really think this wouldn't be acting in the "4D spirit" of things?

Well I have no opinion on that. It's not my place to suggest whether it's appropriate for you or not. That's something you'll have to discern for yourself.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: This is why I don't think having nociceptors is a sufficient criteria. Since fruit flies have them, should I allow them to invade my kitchen?! I don't think I could manage to escort them out of the house.

Man, did you have to tell me that! Now I'll need to get Diana to come over to my house and escort out my fruit flies! Wink

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I dunno... are we debating that? My main question is... why is this such a high priority item? It just makes sense to me that if we were to make a list or a pie chart of "suffering in the world" that the vast majority of it is perpetrated by humans to other humans. Why not start there?

Many of us are starting there. Animal activism isn't the only cause I'm involved in! It may be for some, but not for me. It isn't even at the top of my list; ending war is. (Which is why I am currently spending a couple of hours every day doing phone calls for Ron Paul.)

But, doing what we can to reduce the meat industry, whether it's by raising awareness of animal suffering or enlightening people about better health choices, will have the same end result: less animal suffering, better health for humans, a more efficient, cleaner and better sustainable ecosystem, a cleaner planet, and, ultimately, less heavy energy on the planet. All of the above are important.

I actually spend a lot more time working with people about health in general, than I do on the meat issue.

But that's just me. I have PETA friends who are much more focused than I am, without being involved in all the other things I do. That's cool too! We each must do whatever we feel is important. We can't all do everything.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: For example, we watched a documentary on sealing. Watching those dudes beat baby seals to death was quite appalling! But in the back of my mind I was wondering... what really drove this guy filming the documentary to leave his family and head off in a boat to "save the seals". First off, he didn't actually save a single seal.

Firstly, you don't know if he even had a family at all. Wink

Secondly, those videos have indeed saved many seals! That particular seal didn't get saved, but others later did, because of that video which was used to educate. Just like the slaughterhouse videos.

I have great respect and admiration for those who filmed those slaughterhouse videos. I wouldn't have had the stomach for it. I would have started vomiting and crying and would have totally knocked myself off! I could never be an undercover agent at a slaughterhouse!

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Secondly... I just can't shake the feeling that these types of individuals have some serious unresolved yellow ray issues they are avoiding.

How so? You mean they're avoiding any contact with people because of their yellow ray issues?

Maybe. If so, so what? Isn't a good thing that they're doing something useful? Maybe they do have issues with humans. That doesn't negate the good they're doing.

Anyway, for the record, most of my PETA friends are totally normal people, with families. They just have chosen this among many possible causes to get involved in. They probably took on that mission.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: So a fruit fly is "higher" 2D, in your view?

I have honestly never given much thought to fruit flies.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:
Bring4th_Monica Wrote:I propose that we get the obviously 'higher' ones handled first...then we can maybe move on to plants and microbes.

Good plan.

Glad we agree on that!

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: But I think we are on the right track!

OK fair enough! Smile

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Probably none. But I think that says something... most humans would respond compassionately to the dog. While most wouldn't respond the same way to a sardine or a fruit fly.

Very true! Myself included. Which, again, is why I propose we start with cows and chickens, instead of worrying about fruit flies, microbes or plants.

As far as our activism goes. On a personal level, I try to avoid killing any bugs, but I have a looooong way to go. I always catch bees, wasps and spiders. (I'm actually quite an activist for bees! We're all screwed if we don't save the bees!) But I confess to killing roaches and scorpions. :-/ (I am in absolute awe that Diana takes outside the scorpion who just stung her!)

But I rarely ever suggest to people they quit killing bugs. (Except BEES!) It's just too advanced. There's no point in it. I do speak up if I see someone step on a bug outside. I mean that's just mean. What did that bug do? I always always always speak up when it's an outside bug. I'll say, "hey that bug deserved to live too. Why'd you step on it for no reason?" It's too late for the bug but hopefully they'll at least think about it for a second. Maybe forge a new neuropathway in their brain.

Oh and spiders. I speak up on behalf of spiders. I'll suggest taking the spider outside because it's good for the garden. But most people don't have a garden, so that doesn't work either.

But beyond that, I don't usually say anything.

No, not much success telling people to not kill bugs.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Even a fruit fly?!

For purposes of this conversation, when I say animals I'm referring to non-bugs.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I kind of get what you are saying. But at the same time... isn't acknowledging the suffering necessary for compassion?

Not sure what you're getting at here.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Could there even be compassion without suffering??!

Apparently not, at least in the design of this planetary system. When I grow up I want to design a system without suffering, that still evolves quickly and efficiently. Angel

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I tend to agree with this. Which is why I would encourage some activists to take a chill pill! What you resist persists. Why not surrender to the process and trust that the end result will be that which is desired?

Because the activists have their role to play too and might even be part of the mechanism by which that end result will be achieved.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Are you feeling anxious or concerned that the earth may actually not make it, or something like that?

No, the planet will be fine. I'm much more concerned about the inhabitants.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I think it has more to do with different uses of the words killing and harm. I don't see these two terms as equivalent, though they often overlap.

I see them as the same but different in degree.

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: No, not necessarily.

We sure are agreeing alot! BigSmile

(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: I know... but I think there are many who believe the moral imperative exists, but Ra left it for us to figure out. I am saying it doesn't exist at all. I am suggesting that a flourishing STO society doesn't navigate by morals or codes of behavior, whatsoever. In an STO society, people don't serve each other because it is the "right thing" to do. They serve each other because that is who they are.

I prefer to think in terms of ideals to aspire to, than moral imperatives.

(12-03-2011, 01:43 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: The next step is to make peace with humanity. There is so much work to be done here that I would almost call it obscene. Then we have the animals, and the plants, and then Gaia herself.

Making peace with humanity is certainly at the level of obscenity.

To me, it's easier or more natural to do what I can where I can, and making peace with humanity is a something I struggle with, while the animals, plants, and Gaia I can handle. Of course, this is in my private world. If we are talking about humanity making peace with humanity, and then with animals, plants, and Gaia . . . that might take a while. :-/
(12-03-2011, 12:39 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: On the other hand, if a squirrel runs toward my vehicle when driving down the street, I do try to avoid it. But if I hit it my reaction is something like, "Gee that's too bad... but what a dumbass squirrel!"

If I may say so in a gentle ribbing way, that's a pretty dumbass comment. Do you expect the squirrel to understand cars? Would you say the same of your pet dog?

RE: In regards to eating meat - BrownEye - 12-03-2011

(12-02-2011, 12:38 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: In most realities, we can move in and out of our bodies at will. In some of them, bodies are freely offered and shared among different beings. Bodies are cheap commodities. Wisdom... now that comes at a heavy price.

This is actually what many vegans are against. The promotion of life as a "commodity".

Life is a gift. It is impossible for me to see things from your perspective. Even after coming to the understanding that I am just a machine with a program, which could be considered highjacked by a consciousness that is not me, I still can't see it any different than a gift.

And what realities are you talking about? Do you really think you get to pick your reality? An Oversoul owns you like I own a toe. If the toe gets dirty, it gets washed off. And it don't get to stepping until it gets clean. Your next reality can put you in front of a car. Now just think about this a second, if you didn't learn the lesson on the first try, how many times will you get hit by cars?

(12-03-2011, 02:18 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: I see it more as a 1-room schoolhouse, with many students at varying levels of development.

Yes, I guess that is a more accurate characterization. Though I get the feeling that many are being held back because the few keep failing the same basic lessons.

Quote:But, they're not all kindergartners.

True... but wouldn't the kindergartners need the most focus at this particular nexus? I'm thinking the advanced students have already learned how to get by on their own?

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:I don't think everyone is unable to grasp animal cruelty though. Many are. An increasingly high number of people are grasping it. It may be too advanced for most, but not for all.

You know, I haven't really been thinking much about those who don't even believe animal cruelty is possible!? Wow there really is such a wide swath of awareness we are working with here. Some people really are quite clueless... it is a wonder they still manage to stay incarnated with the increasing vibrations and all...

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:What you are here to do and what I am here to do might be drastically different.

It could be, but I very much doubt the difference is actually that "drastic". Wink

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:We each must tune in to our own Higher Self and our own personal life mission.

Yes, but that does not preclude meaningful discussion about what wanderers are here to do as a group. We may hail from the far reaches of the universe, but have responded to a common call. Yes?

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Sometimes things are necessary for the express purpose of providing catalyst so that we learn to not choose those things.

Well yes, that is what I am getting at. Suffering seems to be built into the fabric of this particular Creation... so we must all agree to be on either side of it at some time during the dance. Not that I like this any more than you... but it does seem to be the case.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:So it's not quite so simple as 'do whatever you want' because it often affects others. It opens up a can of worms trying to sort it all out.

It really is a conundrum! I mean... if we take seeing others as self to the extreme then we get the negative path. It doesn't matter if what I do affects you, because you are me and I don't care. On the other hand, seeing too much self in others leads to a different kind of control dynamic where I decide what is best for you because I am you and I do care.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:If it were proven at this time, then I would schedule a meeting with the Sub-Logos asap and ask what the hell they had in mind, designing the planet like that!

Well I suppose on a more esoteric level, this is what I am getting at. What did the Sub-Logos have in mind, anyway? What would be the point of making humans omnivores, but then expecting them to only eat certain things? This kind of smacks of religious rhetoric which says God gave you genitals, but you are not to use them.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Oh yeah. Well I don't know what to say to that. Too weird for me! Huh

Too weird for us... but apparently not for the Sub-Logos!

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Interesting point. Many people on the road to vegetarianism give up red meat first, then poultry, and fish is the last to go. (and then eggs and dairy if they decide to go all the way to vegan.)

I've often wondered why that is so. There didn't seem to be any logical reason why eating cows was considered worse than eating chickens, and eating chickens was considered worse than eating fish, etc. But that's just sort of the way it has worked out. I never liked fish so I skipped that step, but this particular sequence is very well known and considered the normal way to do it.

If what you're saying is true then that might indicate chicken are more aware than fish, and there might be some biological evidence of that.

Right... so if there is a pattern there is a principle to discern. I wonder what that is?

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:But you are highly driven! You're highly driven to intellectual discussion of deep philosophical concepts! BigSmile

Well... I guess I don't really understand that either! These discussions often don't seem to lead anywhere productive.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Man, did you have to tell me that! Now I'll need to get Diana to come over to my house and escort out my fruit flies! Wink

I got it from your own quote!! BigSmile

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Many of us are starting there. Animal activism isn't the only cause I'm involved in! It may be for some, but not for me. It isn't even at the top of my list; ending war is. (Which is why I am currently spending a couple of hours every day doing phone calls for Ron Paul.)

Ending the Fed would probably do more to curb the animal food industry than anything else government could do. See... this is what I like about Ron Paul. He relentlessly hacks at the roots of the problem and doesn't waste time fussing with the branches.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:But, doing what we can to reduce the meat industry, whether it's by raising awareness of animal suffering or enlightening people about better health choices, will have the same end result: less animal suffering, better health for humans, a more efficient, cleaner and better sustainable ecosystem, a cleaner planet, and, ultimately, less heavy energy on the planet. All of the above are important.

Well, sure. I hope I haven't come across as arguing against that.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Firstly, you don't know if he even had a family at all. Wink

I'm pretty sure he mentioned them... he actually leaves his family behind for some time every year for the seals. I don't mean a couple weeks, but several months.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Secondly, those videos have indeed saved many seals! That particular seal didn't get saved, but others later did, because of that video which was used to educate. Just like the slaughterhouse videos.

But did it? I don't know... I already didn't buy furs before I watched it. Do you think it really changed that many people's minds? Or mostly just preaching to the choir?

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:How so? You mean they're avoiding any contact with people because of their yellow ray issues?

Yes, basically. Cold to human suffering, but can't stand to see an ant squished. This is highly unbalanced.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Maybe. If so, so what? Isn't a good thing that they're doing something useful? Maybe they do have issues with humans. That doesn't negate the good they're doing.

No, it doesn't negate the good. But maybe they are missing out on some important lessons? Again... we are dealing with a limited time-frame here. There are 3D lessons that need to be learned in this 3D environment, otherwise one cannot move on. That is the "so what". So somebody learned how to connect with the animals. So what? That sounds like a 4D lesson to me... what about the 3D lesson about connecting with other human beings?

Quote:For purposes of this conversation, when I say animals I'm referring to non-bugs.

Well that is fine, but had you specified that earlier (maybe you did but I missed it) it would have saved us quite a few pages of discussion!

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Not sure what you're getting at here.
'

What I mean to say is that observing suffering in others tends to lead to the experience of compassion. I guess it doesn't have to work that way, but for me it is a tool I use to engender a more compassionate state.

If I were in a world without suffering, I imagine it would take me eons to develop compassion. I also imagine this is part of the reason I am here in this world.

Bring4th_Monica Wrote:Apparently not, at least in the design of this planetary system. When I grow up I want to design a system without suffering, that still evolves quickly and efficiently. Angel

Might I recommend a thread I started called Future Logoi?

Quote:No, the planet will be fine. I'm much more concerned about the inhabitants.

I feel much the same way about the animals. I tend to think the humans are really the only ones in real trouble here. And even with that I must admit that the perception of "trouble" must be due to a limitation upon my consciousness.
(12-03-2011, 02:43 AM)Pickle Wrote: This is actually what many vegans are against. The promotion of life as a "commodity".

This is where I think many vegans get it wrong. Life is not dependent upon having a body. The body is not life. The body is a vehicle for life.

Pickle Wrote:Life is a gift.

Yes. A gift which can never be lost or stolen. Life is eternal.

Pickle Wrote:It is impossible for me to see things from your perspective.

As you wish.

Pickle Wrote:Even after coming to the understanding that I am just a machine with a program, which could be considered highjacked by a consciousness that is not me, I still can't see it any different than a gift.

Even after all that?! But... you are the consciousness... the machine with a program is your body. When your body falls inanimate to the ground, you will still exist and remain quite alive.

Pickle Wrote:And what realities are you talking about?

I dunno. What realities are you talking about?! Tongue

Quote:Do you really think you get to pick your reality?

Who am "I"?

Quote:An Oversoul owns you like I own a toe.

I -am- the Oversoul. And if/when I decide that this body no longer suits my purposes, I will surely discard it and not give it another thought. Is this "not compassionate"? Hardly, I think.

Pickle Wrote:If the toe gets dirty, it gets washed off.

By whom? The hand? Toes and hands are not people, they are body parts.

Pickle Wrote:Your next reality can put you in front of a car.

If by this you mean that I will come back as a squirrel in my next incarnation, I don't think so.

Pickle Wrote:Now just think about this a second, if you didn't learn the lesson on the first try, how many times will you get hit by cars?

As many times as it takes until I cease being too much of a dumbass to keep my vehicle fit for consciousness.

(12-03-2011, 02:23 AM)Diana Wrote: Making peace with humanity is certainly at the level of obscenity.

Indeed!

Diana Wrote:To me, it's easier or more natural to do what I can where I can, and making peace with humanity is a something I struggle with, while the animals, plants, and Gaia I can handle.

OK. There is nothing wrong with doing what you can... but wouldn't you admit that it would seem wise to work on the pieces that you struggle with? You will have to face it eventually.

Diana Wrote:If we are talking about humanity making peace with humanity, and then with animals, plants, and Gaia . . . that might take a while. :-/

That's what I have been talking about. Maybe this is why we have been talking past each other.

Diana Wrote:If I may say so in a gentle ribbing way, that's a pretty dumbass comment.

The comment was meant to be gently ribbing, so you are certainly welcome to rib me back!

Diana Wrote:Do you expect the squirrel to understand cars?

1. Yes, I have observed many squirrels to understand cars. Mammals understand when large and fast objects are approaching them- it is built into their neurology. They are -supposed- to stop or run the other way. Only the dumbass ones would continue running into a large moving vehicle.

2. Do you expect me to mourn over the squirrel I inadvertently struck with my vehicle? Seriously?

Diana Wrote:Would you say the same of your pet dog?

I wouldn't have a dumbass dog that didn't understand not to run out in front of moving vehicles! BigSmile

But seriously, if such an accident occurred I would mourn the dog. This would be due to my having established a relationship with the dog. I would not expect the person who accidentally killed my dog to mourn as well.

Actually, I was not too long ago visiting with a friend whose family used to have two chihuahuas. One actually did get accidentally run over. The other ran away and fell prey to an owl. I believe the term she used to describe them was "dumbasses". She meant this in an endearing way, if you can believe that!

RE: In regards to eating meat - _X7 - 12-03-2011

I see a lot of balanced, caring and informed posts here. Tenet, i did mean 'human', especially in the historical sense involving land to man ratio leaning towards the STS paradigm. Thanks for your detailed observations here. I directed my fiery-life-energies towards search of disciplines entailing harmonious living, especially with contrasting diets. At the same time my wife and i sought harmony, even though she still eats meat sparingly and rarely likes my cooking.

.jpg   roostowerW.jpg (Size: 8.97 KB / Downloads: 7)
We are beginning our 41st year together, in the same home. Here is my roostower handiwork, built for her, despite my abstaining from tasty chickens. We have kept chickens mostly for eggs, but also broilers. I'm 99% vegan with occasional slips into cheese--I use these slips to observe the effects-- I credit my vegan aspirations for improving my circulation, IMHO. Which convinces me that my workman's limb cramping is due to life-long circulation consterictions largely due to cumulative animal fats and dehydration issues.... X7

PS-Edit: I've no clue why my 264X352 pixel jpg is so small, while it appears normal in photoshop where it was downsized for bandwidth conservation.... Ahh, it seems one has to double click the image.
One more curious theory of mine, concerning arterial-plaque (build up), is that animal fats are more similar to human tissues than are plant fats... Also, as a man of the trades, my experience is that home made wood finishes adhere better to wood when these oils are boiled, or fried really, as temps can exceed boiling...

(12-03-2011, 03:53 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:
Diana Wrote:To me, it's easier or more natural to do what I can where I can, and making peace with humanity is a something I struggle with, while the animals, plants, and Gaia I can handle.

OK. There is nothing wrong with doing what you can... but wouldn't you admit that it would seem wise to work on the pieces that you struggle with? You will have to face it eventually.

I certainly do work on all of it, all the time. But my point is, why wait until I've healed my relationship with humanity to heal my relationships with plants, animals, and Gaia? All events aren't necessarily linear, although I agree that healing self is a first important step; however, the healing of self in part may happen when healing relationships to other selves.

Making peace with humanity is just a larger issue for me because humanity is in such a barbaric state. I am not evolved enough to observe cruelty, willful unconsciousness, greed, destructiveness, and the whole lot of human folly with equanimity and unconditional love.

(12-03-2011, 03:53 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: 2. Do you expect me to mourn over the squirrel I inadvertently struck with my vehicle? Seriously?

No Tenet, I did not expect you to mourn. If it was the squirrel's time to leave this existence, then it was the squirrel's time.

I just can't be that flippant about the subject. If I hit were to hit anything with my car, I would cry my eyes out. The exception to this is insects that hit the windshield: it is unavoidable if I wish to drive a car (and if I live in this current world I have apparently chosen to live in, a car is necessary), and as in the case of microbes, it may be part of the paradigm of that life form to be easily and unintentionally crushed.

My boyfriend says similar things of animals: that they are too smart to eat poison, or get cut from glass on the ground or the sharp edge of a can. But it's not true. Man has created an artificial environment, and I do not think animals understand it. They don't understand the speed a car can get up to.

I would like to add that I see nothing wrong with technology and manmade things. We are in an awkward stage of development: our minds developed more than our hearts. When these two balance, our technology will soar to wonderful and magical heights for the good of all.

RE: In regards to eating meat - BrownEye - 12-03-2011

(12-03-2011, 03:53 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:
Pickle Wrote:Life is a gift.

Yes. A gift which can never be lost or stolen. Life is eternal.

Pickle Wrote:It is impossible for me to see things from your perspective.

As you wish.

Pickle Wrote:Even after coming to the understanding that I am just a machine with a program, which could be considered highjacked by a consciousness that is not me, I still can't see it any different than a gift.

Even after all that?! But... you are the consciousness... the machine with a program is your body. When your body falls inanimate to the ground, you will still exist and remain quite alive.

Pickle Wrote:And what realities are you talking about?

I dunno. What realities are you talking about?! Tongue

Quote:Do you really think you get to pick your reality?

Who am "I"?

Quote:An Oversoul owns you like I own a toe.

I -am- the Oversoul. And if/when I decide that this body no longer suits my purposes, I will surely discard it and not give it another thought. Is this "not compassionate"? Hardly, I think.

Pickle Wrote:If the toe gets dirty, it gets washed off.

By whom? The hand? Toes and hands are not people, they are body parts.

Pickle Wrote:Your next reality can put you in front of a car.

If by this you mean that I will come back as a squirrel in my next incarnation, I don't think so.

Pickle Wrote:Now just think about this a second, if you didn't learn the lesson on the first try, how many times will you get hit by cars?

As many times as it takes until I cease being too much of a dumbass to keep my vehicle fit for consciousness.
You are coming across as someone engaged in a social/mental experiment rather than swapping concepts. Either that or your ego is growing. Show us a video of you walking on water since you claim to be a 6D Oversoul.BigSmile Levitate? Anything at all? Other than saying we are dumbasses for going through the motions of evolution?

If you were born retarded without full function of senses I might say you were here to teach. I assume you have all senses functioning which means you are also here to learn.

(12-03-2011, 12:49 PM)Pickle Wrote: You are coming across as someone engaged in a social/mental experiment rather than swapping concepts.

I am? How so?

Pickle Wrote:Either that or your ego is growing. Show us a video of you walking on water since you claim to be a 6D Oversoul.BigSmile Levitate? Anything at all?

I don't know how to respond to this without sounding even more egotistical to you. My responses to you were truthful. You are not your body. I am sorry if this truth is offensive to you.

Spiritual evolution is about progressively becoming less identified with the body and more identified with the consciousness within. After 6D, it is about becoming less identified with the consciousness and more identified with spirit.

Identification with form (body) is also a stage of spiritual growth- the first one. Obsession with the internal appearance of the body (health) is only a couple notches past obsession with the external appearance of the body (narcissism).

Quote:Other than saying we are dumbasses for going through the motions of evolution?

Pickle- this is just a totally sideways comment. The only person in my reply to you that I referred to as a dumbass is myself. I also referred to a theoretical squirrel (who if they existed would not be a person) as a dumbass.

Nobody is a dumbass for going through the motions of evolution. Though some people are dumbasses for failing to recognize the next step in evolution, and actually fighting against it when others who have already taken that step have come here to help them.

If you can find me a single example of channeled information from higher densities that contradicts the view that the body is nothing more than a vehicle for consciousness, I will put "DUMBASS" in my title for a week.

Moreover, of the great spiritual teachers throughout history- only ONE advocated for vegetarianism. That was Mahavira. Buddha didn't talk about it. Laozi didn't talk about it. Jesus didn't talk about it. I wonder why that is?

Pickle Wrote:If you were born retarded without full function of senses I might say you were here to teach. I assume you have all senses functioning which means you are also here to learn.

According to my understanding teach/learning and learn/teaching go hand in hand. I don't know how one can be without the other- nor do I understand how retardation would qualify one as a teacher.

It is your prerogative to throw accusations of egotism around- but I wonder what the point of that is? Is that compassionate? If not, it would appear all those years of veganism hasn't done much for your ability to feel compassion toward other human beings. Think about that.

If it is true that abstaining from meat "raises one's vibration" and makes one "more compassionate" then kindly explain all the angry, hateful, and vengeful vegans of the world.

(12-03-2011, 11:01 AM)Diana Wrote: I certainly do work on all of it, all the time. But my point is, why wait until I've healed my relationship with humanity to heal my relationships with plants, animals, and Gaia?

It just sounds to me like your relationship with plants, animals, and Gaia, is not in need of healing. But I wouldn't really know.

Diana Wrote:All events aren't necessarily linear, although I agree that healing self is a first important step; however, the healing of self in part may happen when healing relationships to other selves.

That is certainly true.

Diana Wrote:Making peace with humanity is just a larger issue for me because humanity is in such a barbaric state.

Humanity is barbaric?! Why you egotistical sonofagun! Wink

Diana Wrote:I am not evolved enough to observe cruelty, willful unconsciousness, greed, destructiveness, and the whole lot of human folly with equanimity and unconditional love.

I struggle with this as well.

Diana Wrote:They don't understand the speed a car can get up to.

But they do! At least the animals we are "concerned" about here. Of course they don't comprehend what a car is, but they can tell it is a big thing moving quickly toward them.

I dunno- I guess I don't really subscribe to the notion that all animals are as helpless as a newborn human. Some animals demonstrate exceedingly high levels of intelligence. There also appears to be some mechanism for the distribution of acquired wisdom among different members of a species.

Other animals... well what can I say? They are just a really long way from individuation and I doubt that a couple more incarnations is going to make the difference. Same goes for certain humans with respect to their next step.

So in a similar sense to what you and Bring4th_Monica have said about doing what one can, aren't we pretty much already doing that? Don't most animal species that have clearly demonstrated individuation already have protection under the law?

Why would we keep pressing the issue to extend to the whole of the animal kingdom meanwhile 3.5 billion people survive on less than $2.50 a day, and 1 billion people are in danger of starving to death before 2012 even arrives?

Diana Wrote:Man has created an artificial environment, and I do not think animals understand it.

This reminded me of birds flying into glass windows.

Diana Wrote:We are in an awkward stage of development: our minds developed more than our hearts. When these two balance, our technology will soar to wonderful and magical heights for the good of all.

According to my understanding, there are four possible paths from here.

1. Mass human extinction event causing a near or total loss of technology. (Repeat 3D)

2. Merging of humans with technology and a totalitarian state. (4D negative)

3. Merging of technology with nature and spiritual renaissance. (4D positive)

4. Replacement of material technology with the functions of higher consciousness and the ability to manifest a body purely by thought. (5D/6D)

According to my understanding, there is a fifth "path" that links #1 to #3. Many indigenous cultures refer to this as the Rainbow Bridge. In the Hindu tradition it is referred to as the antahkarana.

I believe this is described by Q'uo as the post-harvest 3D earth. It is a 3D/4D hybrid environment that serves sort of as a probationary period for those who have qualified themselves to 4D, but still need to balance out some ancient karma by making reparations to the earth. It is also populated by many souls who have responded to this particular call- their job is to make reparations with humanity. These two functions go together.

I have noted this before, but I will note it again because I think it is an important, but subtle, point. Reparation and repair have two different meanings, but are easily confused.

Now this is really pushing the limits of my knowledge, but I get the sense that the 3D/4D hybrid earth actually is a manifestation of late 4D technology. The whole thing is actually an artificial environment much like the Matrix.

This is why, although much of the focus will be on making reparations to the earth, it really isn't about the earth. The earth is just fine. It is about the humans. But maybe I am spoiling the surprise?! :-/

Let me try this from a different angle. I see humanity's current state in many ways represented by the five of wands tarot.

[Image: five20of20wands11.jpg]

In the system of tarot, the wands represent direction and purpose. In each of the four suits of the minor arcana there are a set of cards numbered one to ten. This sequence represents the natural flow of consciousness through an aspect of being. Therefore, those cards with the number "5" represent the halfway, or turning, point in each of these sequences.

As one can see above, in the five of wands everybody has got their own wand, and they are all pointing in different directions. Let's say one guy is an animal rights activist. Another is an environmentalist. Another is for free speech. And so on.

In this stage of the game, there is a propensity toward a certain stuck-ness, as all these different purposes sometimes work together, and sometimes don't. In this stage, humanity is divided against itself, and the result is confusion, conflict, and stagnation.

However, when the card is viewed with focus on another axis (the up-down one rather than the left-right one) we can see that all of the wands are pointing upward to some degree. This is what they have in common.

In the six of wands, we see the next step:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqFcQ0uc3Z1gH7MtPYHwX...oUHI00SrUZ]

Here, we see that all the wands are much more in alignment. To be sure, there is a little variation here and there with respect to everybody's particular niche. But they have found the overarching purpose that is common to all of the lower ones- as represented by the wreath- and they are all moving in unison toward the future.

This is what I am suggesting for humanity at this nexus... put aside all of the smaller causes, and focus in unison on the big one. The one card in the house of cards which, when removed, will cause the rest of the thing to come crumbling down.

RE: In regards to eating meat - Monica - 12-03-2011

(12-03-2011, 01:21 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: Moreover, of the great spiritual teachers throughout history- only ONE advocated for vegetarianism. That was Mahavira. Buddha didn't talk about it. Laozi didn't talk about it. Jesus didn't talk about it. I wonder why that is?

Jesus

Quote:"What are the sins we must shun, that we may never more see disease?" And Jesus answered, "It was said to them of old time "Thou shalt not kill", for life is given to all by God, and that which God has given, let not man take away. For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills his brother. And from him will the Earthly Mother turn away and Satan will have his dwelling in his body. And the flesh of slain beasts in his body will become his own tomb. He who kills, kills himself and who eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats the body of death".

full text: Essene Gospel of Peace

Buddha

Quote: "You must teach people to put an end to killing and brutal cruelty. If one is trying to practice meditation and is still eating meat, he would be like a man closing his ears and shouting loudly and then asserting that he heard nothing."

Quote:"If a man can control his body and mind and thereby refrains from eating animal flesh and wearing animal products, I say he will really be liberated."
~ The Buddha
From the Surangama Sutra

"In his final teachings before he physically left this earth, the Buddha foresaw that a situation would arise in the future where those speaking in his name would pervert his Doctrine and encourage meat consumption. So here, in this great Nirvana Sutra, he lays down his last will and testament on the matter: in no circumstances should one eat meat or fish " nor animal corpses, found in the jungle, for instance " nor even accept from a donor a meal which contains an abundance of flesh-foods. The very contact of other food with meat is deemed defiling and requires purification of the food by water. It is quite evident from all this that the Buddha in no way condoned the eating of meat and was keen for his monastic and lay followers to abjure the uncompassionate practice of meat eating and follow the pure path of vegetarian Mahayana. In this, we would be wise and benevolent to follow him."

- Dr. Tony Page
Buddha - Self: The "Secret" Teachings of the Buddha in the Mahaparinirvana Sutra, Vol. 2

"The Buddha's teaching leads us to the realization that we must always strive to harm no sentient being, human or nonhuman, whether or not it is in our selfish interest to do so...The beginning of mindful eating is the realization that eating meat is not about the meat-eater; it is about the animals who are tormented and killed."
~ Norm Phelps
The Great Compassion: Buddhism & Animal Rights

"The eating of meat extinguishes the seed of great compassion."~
The Buddha
Mahaparinirvana Sutra

"Ultimately the case for shunning animal flesh does not rest on what the Buddha allegedly said or didn't say. What is does rest on is our innate moral goodness, compassion, and pity which, when liberated, lead us to value all forms of life. It is obvious, then, that willfully to take life, or through the eating of meat indirectly to cause others to kill, runs counter to the deepest instincts of human beings."
~ Roshi Philip Kapleau
To Cherish All Life

"There are three ways of killing that we, as Buddhists, have to restrain: either by directly killing, indirectly killing, or rejoicing to see others be killed. Not only does this apply to human life, it should be also extended to all living beings."

~ Zen Master Thich Thanh Tu
Buddhism for Beginners

"The eating of meat cannot in any way be considered to be helpful to the practice of the dharma, neither can the slaughter of animals be considered to be consistent with the Buddhist teachings of compassion (metta , ahimsa , and karuna ), of loving kindness, or of the nature of the evocation of the enlightenment-mind. The cruelties associated with the slaughter of the animal kingdom for human consumption, the pain, fear, and distress suffered by the animals in the entire process of being fattened for butchering, as well as the environmental disasters wreaked upon our planet through the meat industry, are very well documented, and should be understood by all who claim to be developing bodhicitta, or who wish to."
~ Bodo Balsys
Ahimsa : Buddhism and the Vegetarian Ideal

"Meat eating and a compassionate religion do not go hand in hand."
~ Bodo Balsys
Ahimsa : Buddhism and the Vegetarian Ideal

"One of the greatest obstacles to the birth of bodhichitta in our minds is our craving for meat."
- Shabkar Tsogdruk Rangdrol
Food of Bodhisattvas: Buddhist Teachings on Abstaining from Meat

from http://www.purifymind.com/SB32.htm

Quote:"The Buddha said time and time again in the sutras such things as: "My followers should give up all evil actions that directly or indirectly injure others." One may disregard his words; one may consciously lead others to commit evil in provisioning oneself with meat. One may think, "There are always skillful means in the sutras and tantras that counteract the evil so that I shall still be pure of stain." And one can let oneself off the hook by telling oneself that there are substances to be placed into the animals' mouths and words that can be whispered in their ears and impressed upon their minds so that they will not remain in the lower realms. But to do all this reveals a complete failure to grasp the meaning of the Buddha's teaching. It is a perversion of the Dharma."

- Shabkar Tsogdruk RangdrolFood of Bodhisattvas: Buddhist Teachings on Abstaining from Meat

Quote:"Buddhism cannot be true to itself until Buddhists resolve their ambivalence toward nonhuman animals and extend the full protection of their compassion to the most harmless and helpless of those who live at our mercy in the visible realms."

~ Norm Phelps
The Great Compassion: Buddhism & Animal Rights

Yet more books on Buddhism/Zen and vegetarianism/compassion:

Vegetarianism and Zen Practice by Sensei Sevan Ross

Ahimsa: Buddhism and the Vegetarian Ideal by Bodo Balsys

Pythagoras

Quote:"Beware O mortals, of defiling your bodies with sinful food! There are cereals, fruits, sweet vegetables and herbs which the flame can render palatable and mellow. Nor are you denied milk, nor honey. The bountiful earth offers you an abundance of pure food and meals obtainable without slaughter and bloodshed."

More spiritual teachers who were veg:

Paramahansa Yogananda (I would personally put this great master on the level of a Jesus or Buddha)

Mahatma Gandhi

Confucius

List of famous vegetarians

Quote:Gautama Buddha[66](pp11–88)[102](pp17–21)[157](pp21–23)[179](pp50–57)[106][182][nb 21]
Krishna[106]
Jiddu Krishnamurti[188][189]
Mahavira[66](pp19–28)
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada[66](pp173–180)[152](pp56–60)
Rama[106]
Swami Satchidananda[194]
Rabindranath Tagore[197]