Bring4th
Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Community (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Forum: The Corkboard (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla (/showthread.php?tid=550)

Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - carrie - 10-28-2009

Here's interesting suggestion. Pledge money to help Carla.

It can be just US$10 a month or maybe US$100 a month (tax deductible), but if 50 or maybe 250 people pledge money on monthly basis and help Carla, it would go greatly and support her.

Support the Love and Light effort Heart

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - βαθμιαίος - 10-28-2009

You can go here to donate: http://store.bring4th.org/index.php?cPath=24

I don't think there's currently a provision for setting up a monthly pledge, but it's a nice idea. Would that be doable, Bring4th_Steve?

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - carrie - 10-28-2009

(10-28-2009, 07:25 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: I don't think there's currently a provision for setting up a monthly pledge, but

Bookmark the donate page.

When it's that time of the month to pay your bills, remember Carla, and click on the donate page.

BigSmile

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Ali Quadir - 10-29-2009

Is paypal an available payment method? And does anyone, preferably a European have experience with paypal?

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - carrie - 10-30-2009

(10-29-2009, 09:04 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: Is paypal an available payment method? And does anyone, preferably a European have experience with paypal?

Yes, you can donate via PayPal.

I don't know about Europe, but I did not have any problems with PayPal.

I have both - merchant-account and user-account.

My experience is both as merchant-account (they stopped a couple of fraud orders) and as user (telling that I got something else than what I paid for and won every dispute).

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Ali Quadir - 11-03-2009

Well, in this case I received what I'm paying for a long long time before I even considered paying for it. I'm not so worried that Carla is going to pull a fast one on me Wink Same goes for mr Wilcock who would be the other one to receive a small donation.

I found a local friend who has paypal experience so I expect to set something up fairly soon.

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Bring4th_Steve - 12-01-2009

Yikes! I just caught this over a month later!! Blush

It would be great to have something recurring, but since we haven't had a need up until this point to consider it, there would have to be enough people willing to do it in order to go through the effort of creating an automated system like that. Otherwise, I know (for the few who decided to do it) Gary would be more than happy to manually submit donations on a monthly basis.

It's a good idea, and one that I think PayPal should come out with as well.

You may also find that if you do electronic banking, you can send payments to L/L on a monthly basis as well, and bypass the web site system altogether. It really just depends on how strong the urge is to help. :-)

Sorry for the late response! I am trying to catch up on so many threads lately... This place has just skyrocketed in message volume over our first year!

Take care,
Steve

(10-28-2009, 07:25 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: You can go here to donate: http://store.bring4th.org/index.php?cPath=24

I don't think there's currently a provision for setting up a monthly pledge, but it's a nice idea. Would that be doable, Bring4th_Steve?

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - βαθμιαίος - 12-01-2009

You can set up a subscription through PayPal. They will transfer the amount specified monthly, yearly, or whatever time period you specify.

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Ali Quadir - 01-01-2010

I did it! My first pay pal transfer... Lets hope all went well Wink

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - transiten - 01-03-2010

(01-01-2010, 08:01 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: I did it! My first pay pal transfer... Lets hope all went well Wink

monica

Is it possible to donate for the KangenWater machine on PayPal instead of calling?

Ali
I didn't understand whether you made a donation for the Kangenwatermachine or L/Lresearch??

transiten

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Monica - 01-04-2010

(01-03-2010, 10:16 AM)transiten Wrote: Is it possible to donate for the KangenWater machine on PayPal instead of calling?

Yes. Just be sure to specify for water machine in the comments of the PayPal transaction, if you wish to designate the donation for that purpose.

http://www.bring4th.org/donate/
(01-03-2010, 10:16 AM)transiten Wrote: Ali
I didn't understand whether you made a donation for the Kangenwatermachine or L/Lresearch??

transiten, this thread is about general donations. Anyone may designate the funds for the water machine project if they wish. They might wish to keep that decision private, however, whch is fine.

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Ali Quadir - 01-04-2010

I gave to L/L directly, not through the store and not mentioning (or even thinking about) the water device. It's totally up to Carla to decide what to do with it.

My only intent was to give back a little for all the fun I'm having here. As such these choices are not mine to make.. For the record and to be totally clear, if she chooses to invest it in the water device, I'm totally fine with that. If she chooses to invest it in Bring4th that's cool too. And if say, for some reason, she wants to buy a set of fluffy dice for her rear view mirror that would be fine too.

It's a gift, I feel I am not the one who should be making these decisions.

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Monica - 01-04-2010

(01-04-2010, 02:42 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: And if say, for some reason, she wants to buy a set of fluffy dice for her rear view mirror that would be fine too.

Oh! Life is not complete without fluffy dice! Tongue

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - transiten - 01-10-2010

Hello!

I must be mercuryretrogradedevoidofintelligence. I try to make a donation on the L/Lresearch, i click on 50$ but then there's no more button to press to continueHuh

transiten

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Monica - 01-10-2010

(01-10-2010, 01:57 PM)transiten Wrote: I must be mercuryretrogradedevoidofintelligence. I try to make a donation on the L/Lresearch, i click on 50$ but then there's no more button to press to continueHuh

Hi transiten!

Try going directly to this:

http://store.bring4th.org/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=37&osCsid=f47a968b4140c490a7f44fc0a3f2ff70

Then click on the little gray dropdown button.

I'll stick around...let me know if that works!

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Monica - 01-10-2010

Here are some instructions from Steve:

1. Go to store.bring4th.org
2. Look at the top-left of the screen and select "Donations (6)"
3. Click on the desired donation "card".
4. After she clicks the card of choice, she will see the purple and grey card on the right side of her screen, and under the card image will be a blue button that says "Add to Cart", accented by a little shopping cart icon.
5. When she clicks the "Add to Cart", she will then see another blue button that says "Checkout".

At this point, it is the standard e-commerce checkout page. Picking a method of payment, and filling out any final information.

Please suggest that she e-mails us through the Contact Page on Bring4th if she has any further questions.

---

If you wish the donation to go towards the water machine, please indicate so in the comments or in an email.

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - transiten - 01-11-2010

Hello again

Well thanks Steve! It was probably the "checkoutbutton" i didn't understand...

Anyway here's another probelm. If i want to cancel the donation and change to another sum, how do i proceedHuh I cannot find any "button" to cancel my present choosen donation. I mean it must be possible to change one's mind.

Please mercuryretrograde help.

transiten

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Monica - 01-11-2010

(01-11-2010, 06:04 PM)transiten Wrote: Anyway here's another probelm. If i want to cancel the donation and change to another sum, how do i proceedHuh I cannot find any "button" to cancel my present choosen donation. I mean it must be possible to change one's mind.

That depends on whether the transaction was completed or not. Did you go all the way thru, and get a confirmation that it had been completed? If not, then simply close the browser, open a new browser, and start over.

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - transiten - 01-11-2010

(01-11-2010, 06:37 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote:
(01-11-2010, 06:04 PM)transiten Wrote: Anyway here's another probelm. If i want to cancel the donation and change to another sum, how do i proceedHuh I cannot find any "button" to cancel my present choosen donation. I mean it must be possible to change one's mind.

That depends on whether the transaction was completed or not. Did you go all the way thru, and get a confirmation that it had been completed? If not, then simply close the browser, open a new browser, and start over.

Hi monica

No no, of course not since i coud not even find the checkoutbutton. What do you mean by "close the browser" and "open a new browser"? Since english is not my native language tecnical things like these are more difficult to grasp. i shut off the computor several times but the 50$
option is still there...

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Monica - 01-12-2010

(01-11-2010, 08:23 PM)transiten Wrote: No no, of course not since i coud not even find the checkoutbutton. What do you mean by "close the browser" and "open a new browser"? Since english is not my native language tecnical things like these are more difficult to grasp. i shut off the computor several times but the 50$
option is still there...

The browser is the window you use to access the internet. When you go to any website, the software used to access the website is called a browser. Internet Explorer ('IE') and Mozilla Firefox are examples of browers.

When you see the donation shown in your shopping cart, there is a tiny box under the heading Remove. Click in that box, then click on the update button. This will remove the item in your shopping cart. Then click on Continue Shopping and select the amount you want.

RE: Suggestion: Pledge money to help Carla - Monica - 01-12-2010

Moderator note: 2 posts were moved to their own thread, to continue that spin-off conversation about dealing with obstacles.