Bring4th
Do wanderers generally drink? - Printable Version

+- Bring4th (https://www.bring4th.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Bring4th Studies (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Healing (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: Health & Diet (https://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Do wanderers generally drink? (/showthread.php?tid=891)

Pages: 1 2

Do wanderers generally drink? - Light - 02-11-2010

I am just wondering if other people here drink. I found that the more spiritually awakened I became, the less I liked alcohol(well I never did in the first place). I was reading this author (who knows all is one) and he said he also thought that alcohol was an ego drug. You think this is true or is it just me? Do you drink? If so would you consider your ego to be in contact or just partially dissolved?

RE: Do wanders generally drink? - Peregrinus - 02-11-2010

I used to drink, but it apparently disagrees with me now, so I quit a few months ago. When I say disagrees, I got three day hangovers, absolutely brutal, if I had one beer, or one glass of wine... and yes this happened once I awakened. As well as the hangovers, I started not wanting it.

RE: Do wanders generally drink? - Light - 02-11-2010

(02-11-2010, 11:38 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: I used to drink, but it apparently disagrees with me now, so I quit a few months ago. When I say disagrees, I got three day hangovers, absolutely brutal, if I had one beer, or one glass of wine... and yes this happened once I awakened. As well as the hangovers, I started not wanting it.

Very interesting! On new years I drank some and it was horrible but I assumed it was because I just drank too much, so I tried just having 2 beers a few weeks later and I guess you could say all was not well lol.

RE: Do wanders generally drink? - colorado - 02-12-2010

I have actually been thinking about this a lot recently. Ever since I started on my little journey, my desire to drink has gone down markedly. However, I'm in college and live with 4 other college guys and of course they drink, so its hard to avoid it completely. I still go out with them to the bars sometimes (maybe once a week or so), but the next day I always semi-regret it. I don't like the hangovers, obviously, but I also feel more disconnected with myself and others after drinking. There is a kind of a haze that fills my mind the next day after I drink, that I have grown to dislike since starting on my spiritual path. I suspect that I will continue drinking with my college friends until I graduate and move on, at which point I probably won't drink very often at all. However, I hope to go to graduate school after I graduate, and if there is one thing I have learned from my sister, it is that graduate students enjoy drinking almost as much as undergraduates. So, I guess I'll see what happens RollEyes

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - ayadew - 02-12-2010

My body can't take it.. too low vibration or something. Smile

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Ashim - 02-12-2010

I must confess to have a weakness for "Tannenzäpfle" a German pils from the Black Forest.
I find that the alcohol slows me down more than anything else. I managed to abstain for a few years, but now enjoy a drink especially in good company. I try to offset the negative effects of the booze / weed with sport and meditation. I feel that I have understood the lesson - moderation.
I believe many Wanderers have a problem with the frequency of Mother Gaia. This collective Vibration being much lower than the Wanderers home Density causes a sort of home-sickness.
This can manifest itself in many ways, either as illness, allergy or addiction. I felt during the period with no booze that I was being “hard” on my self. All drugs have the potential to be both constructive and destructive. They are tools. How you use them is up to you. I do not recommend them for anyone.
Prost!

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - xlsander - 02-12-2010

could have been from me what you said ashim - I fully share this opinion on that topic

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - fairyfarmgirl - 02-12-2010

I have a 1/2 glass of wine for holidays--- I usually add water or seltzer water to it and drink that. If I have a full glass of wine I am out of sorts for several days. So I tend to stick to just 1/2 glass on holidays and special occasions.

I also make sure I drink lots of water before and after and eat lots of high antioxident foods with it. But I have always been sensitive to Alcohol.

fairyfarmgirl

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Light - 02-12-2010

(02-12-2010, 08:47 AM)Ashim Wrote: I must confess to have a weakness for "Tannenzäpfle" a German pils from the Black Forest.
I find that the alcohol slows me down more than anything else. I managed to abstain for a few years, but now enjoy a drink especially in good company. I try to offset the negative effects of the booze / weed with sport and meditation. I feel that I have understood the lesson - moderation.
I believe many Wanderers have a problem with the frequency of Mother Gaia. This collective Vibration being much lower than the Wanderers home Density causes a sort of home-sickness.
This can manifest itself in many ways, either as illness, allergy or addiction. I felt during the period with no booze that I was being “hard” on my self. All drugs have the potential to be both constructive and destructive. They are tools. How you use them is up to you. I do not recommend them for anyone.
Prost!

Great reply! I agree with the home sickness thing completely, I used to smoke weed as often as possible, but now I dont feel the urge as I know I'm coming home soon BigSmile

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - AnthroHeart - 02-12-2010

I used to drink a wine cooler once in a rare while. I'd buy a 6-pack and it would last me a month.

I don't so much now as I'm more sensitive to things.

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Richard - 02-12-2010

I enjoy most forms of alcohol in moderation. With meals or an apertif on the porch in the evenings. Food and drink is a part of life in 3rd density. How you apply yourself to their uses is your journey.

Richard

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Lorna - 02-12-2010

yes i like the odd drink or two but no more than that - i haven't been able to take more than a glass or two of wine for a number of years and i have to drink a lot of water when i'm having alcohol, i just crave water

i have a big appreciateion of artisan food and drink though - when people have put their heart and soul into their creations it creates something genuinely special

i love the beers of a local micro brewery, all inspired by the local landscape, the variety of flavours of quirky beers i find really interesting and i've been discovering local wines made out of strange things, birch wine most recently... so alcohol for savouring rather than alcohol for alcohol's sake

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Brittany - 02-12-2010

My alcohol tolerance is next to nothing. I can't have even a sip of ANYTHING alcoholic and keep a clear head. I can barely handle caffeine. I am not a pretty or a funny drunk. I behave in ways I do not find spiritually enlightening when I am under the influence. It's something no one wants to see and I've never found the experience fun or even tolerable, so I have simply chosen to not partake in alcoholic beverages.

As for other people drinking, I really don't see why it is necessary. I don't understand why people wouldn't want to just be themselves- why they need to drink something in order to be able to have fun, but just because I don't understand it doesn't make it wrong in my head. I don't enjoy being around people who become obnoxious when intoxicated, and I've had some experiences with violent drunks, but obviously not everyone who drinks behaves in this way. Basically if you aren't hurting or offending anyone and you aren't depending on it to get you through the day, I'm not going to say it's wrong to drink. It just isn't something I can get my head around, as I have no desire to do it at all.

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Monica - 02-12-2010

(02-12-2010, 08:47 AM)Ashim Wrote: I felt during the period with no booze that I was being “hard” on my self. All drugs have the potential to be both constructive and destructive. They are tools. How you use them is up to you. I do not recommend them for anyone.

Agreed! I gave up meat, weed, sugar and alcohol all at the same time, at the age of 22. Being 'pure' became a religion for me. I later realized that I could still adhere to my convictions without making it into a dogma, which only alienated me from others. Of those, I still don't partake of the 1st 3, but do enjoy a glass of wine sometimes for relaxation. I have a vision of someday living on 100% raw vegan foods, green juices, etc. and practicing yoga and meditation all day, but alas! I'm still quite busy in the 3D world, so I'm grateful for the beneficial relaxation effects of a bit of fermented grape juice.

(02-12-2010, 08:47 AM)Ashim Wrote: Prost!

?? translate please?

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Peregrinus - 02-12-2010

Prost is German for Cheers! Ich lebte in Deutschland für drei Jahre.

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Phoenix - 02-13-2010

I drink quite a lot. I'm in University. Infact. I am quite drunk right now.

I find it an incredibly social drug and am under certain pressures that make it difficult for me not to. I do agree a lot with the idea wanderers are more sensitive to things though. Even tonight after heavy drinking for months my tolerance is low and before that it was non existent.

I think it is a very social drug (I say again.) I don't do drugs at all, infact I go out the room when people do it, I get bad headaches from weed (directly taking in the smoke inflames my third eye). People are very liberal here though, so it doesn't matter.

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - JoshC - 02-13-2010

(02-12-2010, 02:43 AM)colorado Wrote: I have actually been thinking about this a lot recently. Ever since I started on my little journey, my desire to drink has gone down markedly. However, I'm in college and live with 4 other college guys and of course they drink, so its hard to avoid it completely. I still go out with them to the bars sometimes (maybe once a week or so), but the next day I always semi-regret it. I don't like the hangovers, obviously, but I also feel more disconnected with myself and others after drinking. There is a kind of a haze that fills my mind the next day after I drink, that I have grown to dislike since starting on my spiritual path. I suspect that I will continue drinking with my college friends until I graduate and move on, at which point I probably won't drink very often at all. However, I hope to go to graduate school after I graduate, and if there is one thing I have learned from my sister, it is that graduate students enjoy drinking almost as much as undergraduates. So, I guess I'll see what happens RollEyes

My experience is along similar lines. I used to drink 2~3 times a week cuz I have a 3-day weekend in college. Long story short, I hardly ever drink at all cuz I have no desire any more, but still drink on occasion when my friends really want me to tag along...

(02-12-2010, 08:22 PM)ahktu Wrote: As for other people drinking, I really don't see why it is necessary. I don't understand why people wouldn't want to just be themselves- why they need to drink something in order to be able to have fun, but just because I don't understand it doesn't make it wrong in my head. I don't enjoy being around people who become obnoxious when intoxicated, and I've had some experiences with violent drunks, but obviously not everyone who drinks behaves in this way. Basically if you aren't hurting or offending anyone and you aren't depending on it to get you through the day, I'm not going to say it's wrong to drink. It just isn't something I can get my head around, as I have no desire to do it at all.

I obviously can't speak for everyone and probably can't speak for many at that, but it was never really a need for me. I used to always enjoyed being drunk/stoned/hard-drugged-up more than being sober, though I didn't have to be. I guess I'm kind of a softy now >< I don't mind being intoxicated in any form still, but I kind of like being myself, even more than being under the influence.

~Just a side note, to prevent/cure hangovers: Take a multivitamin before you drink (food will postpone the onset of alcohol's effects), drink water whenever it's available while you're drinking, take a multivitamin with a glass of water before sleep. In the morning, aspirin, water, a banana, and an egg will do you well if the first things haven't warded off the hangover. Force it down!!! Time cures hangovers eventually, and if all that fails, try to have fun whilest hung over Sad

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Aaron - 02-13-2010

Drinking is something that we as a species have been doing since before we started keeping track of history. When it's not abused, (i.e. right environment, right company, right time) I believe it is a fun activity that can lend itself to many fun, very human experiences.

As far as the ego being intact while drunk - I know that alcohol will take you to a level of consciousness that is "below" thought. When I drink, I connect with others easier; but it's not a connection with the self included. It's a primal connection, returning to the stage of knowingness we were at before the ego was developed. You regress to becoming more animalistic. In that way, it can be fun and useful in spiritual development - to know where you came from to know where you're going (regaining the connection to others but with the self included in that connection). Most people only see it for the fun though.

I mean, oops... I'm not of the legal age to drink yet. Never mind! Angel

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - jc2412 - 02-15-2010

Great question! I've been wondering about this myself. Personally, I still have a few drinks here and there, especially with my wife. I could probably cut back a little (I'll have to meditate on that...it's 3:33 am) but everyone around me is still quite asleep, and I don't feel like disturbing the slumber will do them (or me) any good.

I've never taken extreme positions on alcohol, even though my father died of alcoholism several years ago. I recognized that I could easily take a dogmatic position on the subject, but that it would be just as unbalanced to do so.

My personal conviction is that life is meant to be enjoyed responsibly (lol, sounds like a beer commercial) and if you're drawn to experience something, then experience it, just be careful not to take it to extremes. Luckily, alcohol is something that if you experience too much it will kick you in the ass and motivate you not to do it again. It's kind of like a self-balancing mechanism. If you respect it there are some real health benefits to having a glass of wine or a beer a night.

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - fairyfarmgirl - 02-15-2010

(02-12-2010, 06:42 PM)Lorna Wrote: yes i like the odd drink or two but no more than that - i haven't been able to take more than a glass or two of wine for a number of years and i have to drink a lot of water when i'm having alcohol, i just crave water

i have a big appreciateion of artisan food and drink though - when people have put their heart and soul into their creations it creates something genuinely special

i love the beers of a local micro brewery, all inspired by the local landscape, the variety of flavours of quirky beers i find really interesting and i've been discovering local wines made out of strange things, birch wine most recently... so alcohol for savouring rather than alcohol for alcohol's sake

I agree, Lorna! I used to make Mead and Wine Tinctures. I created these concoctions following the Lunar cycles in a state blessing and sacredness. When I would be creating the Mead or Wine Tinctures Devas would show up--- and Fairies or course! They would give me directions on how to bring out the best qualities of the Mead or the Wine Tinctures. I had a problem with keeping the Mead corked (it would blow its cork! LOL) and the Devas suggested I use duct tape since I did not have any wax. It worked Superbly!

They also gave suggestions on how to brew Wine Tinctures that were mildly alcoholic and still retained thier vitamin and mineral compostions... in otherwards... making fermented foods! It was a great joy making these things, sharing and drinking them too!

Drink is meant to enhance life... to provide a platform for connection. Commercial spirits are Spiritless and thus create harm for the body in addition to all the addictive additives added in such as Nitrates and food colorants... so these are the same as fast food... you are that what you consume... it will show up in the body as dis-ease as it disagrees with your body.

Love--

fairyfarmgirl

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - AnthroHeart - 02-16-2010

Oh yeah, fairyfarmgirl, I was thinking about mead. A good friend of mine has a recipe for it, using honey and other ingredients. If I were to make it myself, with my energy, I could imbue some good energies into it. So this would be something I'd consider.

Plus I could give some bottles as gifts. I may very well look into that.

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Monica - 02-16-2010

Oh I love English mead! The only time I've ever had it was when I was in England. I've never found any here in the US (though I haven't really looked all that much, I admit). There's an 'authentic' English pub here in town but when I asked for mead, the waitress didn't know what it was. Huh
(02-15-2010, 08:52 AM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: Commercial spirits are Spiritless and thus create harm for the body

Alas, most of us don't have the knowledge or resources to make our own wine/spirits! Those who are able to make their own spirits and grow their own food are indeed blessed!

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - AnthroHeart - 02-16-2010

Ooh, I've got to try making some and trying some of those solfeggio tones in it. I wonder how much sound can enhance it. And perhaps writing words like "I love you" on the container. This could be interesting.

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - fairyfarmgirl - 02-17-2010

When making Mead if after the first round of fermentation you strain the mead and decant into the bottles you add just a little tiny bit extra honey and secure the corks (I used duct tape) then the mead with develop really nice and bubbly like a mead champagne. I really like it this way... it was a suggestion from the mead fairies that appeared when I was making rose mead... They said they were rose fairies... I kid you not... everyone that was making mead with me stopped in astonishment for they saw this little points of golden light flitting about my mead and roses and honey and saw them stop by my ears... It was a lovely experience. One lady who was in my mead making class announced in a loud voice that she was NEVER doing DRUGS again... LOL And another said to the leader of the Mead making class that she should clean up all that dust in the herb house! LOL It was interesting... LOL

fairyfarmgirl

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - haqiqu - 02-19-2010

(02-12-2010, 08:47 AM)Ashim Wrote: I feel that I have understood the lesson - moderation.
Prost!

Hi Ashim,

I feel the same as you about the home-sick feeling being a reaction to "lower vibration sickness". Smoking helps me but I only smoke small amounts. Moderation is the key. These things are tools if not abused or overindulged in. I don't recommend smoking to anyone either, but it is medicine for me.

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Turtle - 02-20-2010

You know, after everything I have been through, I find that some good quality rum or bourbon is all I want as far as "intoxicants" go. 1 or 2 cups, straight, is all I need for a damn good time. It also helps me feel a bit more "grounded" in this world and it's worries, which is good for me since when I'm sober I tend to drift very easily into thoughts of other-worldly stuff (ex. LOO ideas) and tend to become a bit too disconnected with things...which doesn't help because then I get way too homesick. Some booze and shootin' the s*** with the boys brings me right back, heh.

Godspeed!

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - fairyfarmgirl - 02-20-2010

Experience is all wonderful... Moderation is key. -fairy

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Infinite Unity - 04-19-2017

For me alcohol has never agreed with me. I get sick long before ever getting drunk.

My own personal opinion is that drugs activate or temporarily stimulate certain chakras. Now its playable that different drugs stimulate people entirely different. For me my stimulant of choice is marijuana. It activates my Indigo real nicely, especially in the beginning of my journey.

My own small opinion is that the drugs are used as crutches by most people. Each being drawn to there drug, in much the same manner catalyst is drawn to unbalanced under developed rays/blockages.

Once your vibration is 'beyond', the threshold of which vibration the drug induces, then it is lowering or impeding your energy/vibration.

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Majana Silvo - 04-19-2017

I do not drink alcohol.....have tried some, beer, wine...some othe alcoholic dranks...but I do not feel fine with it and do not even enjoy it....so I do drink no alochol...

As a child I had a strange feeling being around adults who have had alcohol....I felt afraid. I could feel that the energy and mood of the persons who drank changed and become different...more agressife.....I felt fear when being with others who drank...
Not anymore, but I mostly avoid placed with lost of people drinking alcohol. I feel not happy with the spirit of alcohol around, I don't like it...It gives an atmosphere of agression....but that it just mu humble point of view...
I am fine with others drinking, a little...as long as they also are fine with me not drinking...

RE: Do wanderers generally drink? - Immortalis Vigil - 04-19-2017

(02-11-2010, 11:17 PM)Light Wrote: I am just wondering if other people here drink. I found that the more spiritually awakened I became, the less I liked alcohol(well I never did in the first place). I was reading this author (who knows all is one) and he said he also thought that alcohol was an ego drug. You think this is true or is it just me? Do you drink? If so would you consider your ego to be in contact or just partially dissolved?

I drink in moderation, and get severe hangovers if I have more than two or three drinks in a day. As far as I can tell it makes you less conscious/aware and wreaks havoc on your aura, thereby lowering your vibration. As with meat I consume it partly out of habit, and partly out of a desire to accommodate others. My partner isn't awakened and enjoys going to breweries on the weekends and having drinks with dinner, and I enjoy spending time with her doing things she enjoys. I recognize that if I were endeavoring to achieve the highest levels of the adept with the highest vibration possible I would need to abstain from meat, alcohol, and all but tantric sexual activity.