Phases of this forum
12-31-2014, 04:32 PM,
RE: Phases of this forum
(12-30-2014, 11:23 PM)Icaro Wrote:  
(12-29-2014, 03:00 PM)Diana Wrote:  There are lines that get crossed occasionally. 3D Monkey did that, and I would say while he was sometimes lighthearted, he was often mean.

3DMonkey is sorely missed. I don't think he necessarily crossed any lines..just got kind of tired of dealing with certain things.

I have to say, especially when you go back and read some of his posts, that it would always seem like he was making very simple statements, but I think he had a significant grasp of the material and things would just go over our heads. And I think he understood because he has a big 'ole heart.

I agree with most of what you said. You may be referring to, and so was I, to the In Regards to Eating Meat thread and other threads on the same subject, which, if I'm not mistaken, was the reason for his demise. He did seem to lose patience and began just saying inappropriate things. I get that. Personally, I'm all for free speech and diversity (which is why I don't like the new-agey "everything is love" when it's not). But this forum must be governed by the creators of it. And even when 3D Monkey was warned, I don't blame him for not backing down. I have had to curtail many a post on this forum myself, when I would rather have spoken raw truth. But this is my lesson. And I feel very grateful for the opportunity to look more closely at what I say and why.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2014, 06:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2014, 10:11 PM by Phoenix.)
You and Monica in the vegan thread take the moral high ground. Enough said.
12-31-2014, 07:03 PM,
I like what you say about not everything is love. It's obvious. But there's a higher Love being the 2nd distortion that I guess everything is. But I don't say everything is love either.

There is an anthro somewhere who needs me and I need them.
The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
isis
12-31-2014, 10:11 PM,
(12-31-2014, 04:32 PM)Diana Wrote:  I agree with most of what you said. You may be referring to, and so was I, to the In Regards to Eating Meat thread and other threads on the same subject, which, if I'm not mistaken, was the reason for his demise. He did seem to lose patience and began just saying inappropriate things. I get that. Personally, I'm all for free speech and diversity (which is why I don't like the new-agey "everything is love" when it's not). But this forum must be governed by the creators of it. And even when 3D Monkey was warned, I don't blame him for not backing down. I have had to curtail many a post on this forum myself, when I would rather have spoken raw truth. But this is my lesson. And I feel very grateful for the opportunity to look more closely at what I say and why.

I was speaking generally actually. All I know is that I certainly wouldn't want to moderate this forum!