RE: LIKES
HAHA yes I love it. Like a waive from the creator himself. "you got it buddy, keep rollin!"
Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like I_Am_The_One's post:
Icaro, isis
09-06-2015, 06:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015, 06:56 PM by Aion.)
I had a thought in regards to this subject and I hope one of the mods sees this idea. I don't know if it's possible but would we be able to change 'Like' to 'Love'? I think it'd be great to see people loving posts and having posts be loved. It somehow seems more positive and general than a 'like'.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Aion's post:
Parsons
09-07-2015, 03:03 AM,
This is a good idea!

Personally not a fan of likes, too facebooky... but Love's! Yeah I can get behind that Big Grin
09-07-2015, 03:56 AM,
I also like the idea of how it will scatter the word Love everywhere throughout the website. I feel like that in itself can have positive effect.
09-07-2015, 04:08 AM,
I imagine it'd be easy if someone could create a new 'like.gif' button image for Steve to link into the display design, then a simple text output change for the "soNso Liked this post" text output. Seems very doable.
09-07-2015, 11:26 AM,
There is energy behind each click, changing it to a less distorted form might have big repercussions! Maybe we should try it if it isn't too big of a deal for Steve.
There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.
09-07-2015, 12:41 PM,
Shall one of us PM the good Overseers of Bring4th Forums? Big Grin
09-07-2015, 02:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2015, 02:58 PM by Aion.)
I was hoping one would see it and comment but sure someone can PM. I just thought it would kind of set us apart from all the mass 'liking' sites out there. Maybe we'll start a new movement.
09-15-2015, 06:02 PM,
Well, they said no, they don't think people will use it as much as 'likes'. Oh well.
09-15-2015, 07:56 PM,
That kinda sucks, I sorta liked that idea... What about an "acceptance" button then instead?
-==-
09-15-2015, 08:07 PM,
(09-15-2015, 07:56 PM)Parsons Wrote:  That kinda sucks, I sorta liked that idea... What about an "acceptance" button then instead?

Some of us are working on accepting All That Is. So it would be kinda redundant.

There is an anthro somewhere who needs me and I need them.
The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
isis
09-15-2015, 08:48 PM,
I get what they mean, its the idea that because 'Liking' is more general it is more accessible to more individuals.
09-15-2015, 08:55 PM,
Non-acceptance button would perf

Enlightenment means that you allow all aspects of your being. Enlightenment equals love. -Jeshua
09-16-2015, 01:30 AM,
Why not both?  Love and Like buttons?
Then an acceptable button and forgiveness button.

And maybe a button to push a button that pushes a button that says -errghhhaaaaa-

I errghhhaaaaa this post lol

Anyways.  Being serious.  Love and Light buttons, User sends light to you through a post.  User loves a post.

It'd be like, please be well, I love you friend.
Or just please be well
Or just I love you(r post and, or more.)
09-16-2015, 05:10 PM,
I imagine the changes that would need to be made to the site code probably wouldn't be considered worth the result. I think 'Like' is just seen as more 'wide-reaching' than anything else. I think it's less intimate which will supposedly be comfortable for more people.

They seem pretty set on their decision.
09-16-2015, 05:52 PM,
How 'bout a Who Cares button? Y'all could press it for this post, too. I know I would.
The following 1 user Likes outerheaven's post:
Cosmo23
09-16-2015, 06:39 PM,
Right. When in doubt, dismiss everything.
09-16-2015, 06:41 PM,
Or destroy it.
09-16-2015, 09:05 PM,
That might be caring a little too much.
09-16-2015, 10:29 PM,
There needs to be a "bullshit" button.
Things are not as they seem.
The following 2 users Like Reaper's post:
Cosmo23, Parsons
09-17-2015, 03:39 AM,
Maybe we should just add more emoticons.
09-17-2015, 08:22 AM,
You can just make your own, upload them on an imagesharing site (tinypic, imageshack) and [img] tag them into your post.
09-17-2015, 11:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 11:26 PM by Elros.)
Could be a agree button : The following # users agree with ...'s post

In the idea of infinity, acceptance of all the potentials the mind can think of is required for a balanced union with what is seen of infinity
09-18-2015, 12:14 PM,
(09-17-2015, 03:39 AM)Aion Wrote:  Maybe we should just add more emoticons.

This is how Slack does it!  A real time forum / chat room / archive, Slack is our main communication system at work.  They have this concept of "reactions" that allow you to select a message and assign an emoji reaction to it.  Different emojis can be used, and it tracks who reacted with what emoji.  So you'll see like a smiley or heart next to a message and can see how many people reacted with that emoji--it's kind of like "liking" or "favoriting" something but with more resolution since you can choose any emoji.  It can be hilarious, or you can use it to instant polls on a quesiton -- count up who reacted with "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" or something like that.  Really cool.

Just an idea.

Jeremy
It is not that love will tell you what to do.
It is that love will tell you how to do it with love.
Q'uo 3/19/06
09-20-2015, 10:59 AM,
I think the Like button works fairly well and gives a little more catalyst with the forum. A dislike button might be a little over the top, i could see it causing a little to much catalyst haha. I tend to feel things are fine the way they are. If someone needs to express a dislike or a like for a post, couldn't they simply do so by replying to the post? Seems rather obvious but if we just add a lot of buttons , it seems more likely that people won't reply as much because you can simply give a post a yes or a no vote basically.

The following 1 user Likes Matt1's post:
outerheaven