[split] negative wanderers
03-15-2015, 11:19 AM,
[split] negative wanderers
(03-15-2015, 11:01 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote:  Mod Note

Hi guys (and ladies),

Just your friendly neighborhood Mod popping in for a quick reminder about the First Guideline of these forums, which can also be considered the most important one, as this is a community based around positive seeking.

Positive seeking does not mean we only talk about positive things; the positive path sees all things as open for discussion, including the opposite path, that of STS.

why was the example thread taken from us? Huh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Bluebell's post:
isis
03-15-2015, 11:25 AM,
RE: negative wanderers
(03-15-2015, 11:19 AM)Bluebell Wrote:  

Hi guys (and ladies),

Just your friendly neighborhood Mod popping in for a quick reminder about the First Guideline of these forums, which can also be considered the most important one, as this is a community based around positive seeking.

Positive seeking does not mean we only talk about positive things; the positive path sees all things as open for discussion, including the opposite path, that of STS.

why was the example thread taken from us? Huh

Yes why? I'm not angry, just confused.

There is an anthro somewhere who needs me and I need them.
The following 2 users Like IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
Bluebell, isis
03-15-2015, 12:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015, 12:40 PM by dreamliner.)

Hi guys (and ladies),

However, we do ask that you keep things civil, and not resort to personal insults and impled snide remarks.

Another point to remember is that each individual has come to certain understandings and realizations during their life experience.  Those personal understandings are uniquely shaped by one's life circumstances, and so trying to convey the exact nature of one's understandings can be difficult when others have not had a similiar set of experiences.  Frustrations can come up.  One can feel that the other-self is not trying to get your point.  

But we ask that you try to take the high road when such frustrations come up.  There is no need to talk down to people if you don't think they get your point.

Quote:1) Respect. Compassion. Loving-kindness. Empathy. Trust. Goodwill. Desire to serve. Embracing each other. Opening our heart. Participants are asked to keep the thought in the forefront of their minds at all times that each on this forum IS the Creator.

Please keep communication respectful at all times and in all ways. The participant may disagree to the bone with an idea without personally attacking the author of the idea. Please remember that we are all here to expand our knowledge, deepen our understanding, and support one another by reflecting our divinity to each other. We are One being -- we are not here to forget the real.

and where is my reply to yera?

It seems that what you understand from moderating is to delete the response to the attack only, even without notifying the owner of the post. If you can't see the similar "personal insults and impled snide remarks" in yera's post, then you should have some rest instead of continuing to moderate the forum incompetently.
The following 1 user Likes dreamliner's post:
isis
03-15-2015, 12:58 PM,
yera's was deleted.
03-15-2015, 01:01 PM,
Wow, moderation to the extreme. Where's free speech?

The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
isis
03-15-2015, 01:17 PM,
Wow, I'm surprised you had your response saved.

The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
Elros
03-15-2015, 01:24 PM,
[Image: dear-eating-popcorn-gif.gif]
The following 2 users Like Bluebell's post:
Elros, isis
03-15-2015, 02:07 PM,
(03-15-2015, 01:17 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote:  Wow, I'm surprised you had your response saved.

I didn't; it seems that the akashic records saved it for me and whispered back into my ears.
The following 1 user Likes dreamliner's post:
isis
03-15-2015, 03:19 PM,
[Image: star-trek-popcorn-gif.gif]
isis
03-15-2015, 03:52 PM,
where r the mods? where's the sheriff? it's lawlessness out here, pure lawlessness.

[Image: 60161309.jpg]
03-15-2015, 03:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-15-2015, 03:55 PM by IndigoGeminiWolf.)
I don't get it. I didn't see anything wrong with that last post (#74).

03-15-2015, 03:58 PM,
did u count the posts?
03-15-2015, 04:07 PM,
(03-15-2015, 03:58 PM)Bluebell Wrote:  did u count the posts?

No, there's numbers next to the posts.

03-15-2015, 04:12 PM,
oh that's handy
Bring4th_Jade
03-16-2015, 10:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015, 11:37 AM by Steppingfeet.)
Mod Note

Hello Dreamliner,

It is standard policy to take a post offline as soon as it triggers the moderators’ attention (often because it’s been reported) so that we can review the post before making a final determination. Upon taking the post offline, we PM the affected person(s) to let them know that their post is under review.

As such, you should have received a PM from the mods when your post was taken offline, but due to a technical miscommunication between us, that didn’t happen. We extend our apologies for not sending you a notification email.

Regarding the content of your post, you are free to disagree with every syllable of Yera’s post. In fact, I personally have some points of disagreement with her statements. You are not, however, I am sorry to say, free to speak belittlingly to another member. Implying that the other member is “retarded”, a “wannabe”, or that they have a speech impediment, or that their carefully constructed opinions can be reduced to “mumbo jumbo” breaches the first guideline. As Plenum said, the first guideline is the cornerstone that governs the fair use of this resource.

Membership in the Bring4th Forums is a privilege and necessitates compliance with the guidelines, which usually means just be kind to other people. Smile

Thanks for understanding.

Your re-posted post has been taken offline. If you would like to continue the conversation with Yera, please do so, just reframe the post so that it is, per the first guideline, respectful to the other member. Being respectful to other members when disagreeing with them is not an obstacle to expressing your mind.

Love & Light,
GLB

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Steppingfeet's post:
Stranger
03-16-2015, 02:18 PM,
Why is almost every thread i read these days reduced to memes without adding any value or content to the originally post.

03-16-2015, 02:28 PM,
it adds levity.

[Image: 60266802.jpg]
03-16-2015, 04:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015, 04:36 PM by dreamliner.)
(03-16-2015, 10:58 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  Mod Note

Hello Dreamliner,

It is standard policy to take a post offline as soon as it triggers the moderators’ attention (often because it’s been reported) so that we can review the post before making a final determination. Upon taking the post offline, we PM the affected person(s) to let them know that their post is under review.

As such, you should have received a PM from the mods when your post was taken offline, but due to a technical miscommunication between us, that didn’t happen. We extend our apologies for not sending you a notification email.

You say that for the 1st deletion of my post, I didn't get a a notification via PM due to  a "technical miscommunication between some guys". Then how about the 2nd deletion of the revised post; where is the PM the mods owe to me? Apologies are not accepted.

(03-16-2015, 10:58 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  Mod Note

Regarding the content of your post, you are free to disagree with every syllable of Yera’s post. In fact, I personally have some points of disagreement with her statements. You are not, however, I am sorry to say, free to speak belittlingly to another member. Implying that the other member is “retarded”, a “wannabe”, or that they have a speech impediment, or that their carefully constructed opinions can be reduced to “mumbo jumbo” breaches the first guideline. As Plenum said, the first guideline is the cornerstone that governs the fair use of this resource.

You should read my post carefully, with no prejudice. If you wanna be a successful/competent mod, you should not cherry-pick anything, and you should not impute/ascribe any foul to me where there was/is none.

Step by step analysis below, will help you, I believe:

1- "As far as I can tell you're just stringing ideas together from a few Ra quotes, and you have no actual knowledge of what the practice of black magic and a negative lifestyle involves"

Yera's belittling comment above was reciprocated by: "You look like a wannabe who would do whatever it costs to do some magic. It also looks like you believe that practicing some black magic and having experienced some amount of negative lifestyle was/is privilege."

"You look like a wannabe" is not equal to "You are a wannabe". There is a POINT OF VIEW (or perspective) embedded in that expression. On the other hand, "You are a wannabe" is a factual statement and is heavier than "You look like a wannabe".

What yera makes in his opening sentence is ad hominem ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem ), and was replied similarly.

2- Yera continues with: "You're projecting your own fears and desire for conflict onto something you don't understand in any meaningful way"

and was replied by: "Maybe it's because it was the first time in your life that, you had a good command of communication skills, you were able to present yourself to a group of people without stuttering, blah blah. Corporate life could provide much more of these, at the least cost." (ok, I wil soften this piece a little more, for you)

3- "Heck, I'd recommend everyone spend a month or two following the lifestyle of a negative neophyte, especially if it scares you. You will come out more courteous, self-aware and definitely more humble."

The pronoun "you" in yera's above couple does not directly addresses me -I think-, but mods/you should have interpreted that way. Because you are interpreting my similar statement below as being directly addressing yera and as being an insult. Which means "retarded" was not for yera, contrary to your claim.

"Nobody needs to study the negative path from inside out; unless you don't/didn't have a life or unless you're a little retarded, there are many clues to how negative path works in everyday life and in the ra material."

The pronoun "you" in my statement is actually "one, someone, individual etc." and does not address a specific person directly. Nevertheless, in my re-posted post I had revised it as below:

"Nobody needs to study the negative path from inside out; unless the individual doesn't/didn't have a life or unless they're a little retarded, there are many clues to how negative path works in everyday life and in the ra material." ("they" in the second part is the "singular they": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they ). If yera was irritated even by the revised/2nd form of that statement, then they should do something about their nerves.

But you deleted above version as well, on the grounds that it calls yera as retarded.

4- "I can assure you that all those "morality", "conscientiousness" mumbo jumbo nicely packed into some negative bibles, negative lifestyles etc. are just for the rookies, errand-boys."

In above statement, I talked again generally. There are some "morality" rules/guidelines in lavey's bible for instance; I was referring to those. I think I can belittle lavey's bible, or is it forbidden?

(03-16-2015, 10:58 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  Your re-posted post has been taken offline. If you would like to continue the conversation with Yera, please do so, just reframe the post so that it is, per the first guideline, respectful to the other member. Being respectful to other members when disagreeing with them is not an obstacle to expressing your mind.

Love & Light,
GLB

I am sure the case is more clear now, with above analysis. I am re-posting my post, which was deleted twice on weak grounds. You can be sure that I will continue to re-post, in case it is deleted again. Nobody, even not the moderators of this forum, should infringe on yera's "freedom to get a response to their post".
The following 2 users Like dreamliner's post:
Bluebell, isis
03-16-2015, 05:51 PM,
RE: [split] negative wanderers
I am sure moderation is a very difficult job, especially here where everyone is so concerned about the concept of free will. There is also the concept of respect, however, and the boundaries of this forum are set.

That said, there is a big gray area where implied insults and passive-aggressive digs go unnoticed all the time. There have been some and still are some here who seem to excel at it. I would rather have the honest truth of what someone feels rather than an implied insult buried in "loving" prose and laced with heart icons. 
The following 4 users Like Diana's post:
Agua del Cielo, Parsons, Spaced, Steppingfeet