Bring4th Forum Questionnaire - Replies Only
07-01-2015, 03:02 PM,
Bring4th Forum Questionnaire - Replies Only
Dear Forums,

L/L Research has initiated a process to refine and, to some extent, restructure the forums and the moderation process. We’d love your feedback to help inform and shape the process! We've attached a Word doc questionnaire, and will include the questionnaire in the next post.

If interested, please feel free to post your replies to this thread, or send your replies to contact AT llresearch DOT org.

If you would prefer to reply anonymously, you can email your replies using an email account we don’t recognize. (Note: Akashic Records will still know who authored your replies.)

*Please do not use this thread as a platform for discussion, only replies to the questionnaire.*

Thanks so much!
L/L Research

Attached Files
.docx   Community Questionnaire.docx (Size: 13.68 KB / Downloads: 18)
Find all posts by this user
07-01-2015, 03:03 PM,
RE: Bring4th Forum Questionnaire - Replies Only
Community Questionnaire

1) What do you most enjoy about Bring4th?

2) What do you least enjoy about Bring4th?

3) What are your thoughts regarding the depth of study on Bring4th? Similarly, what do you feel about the level of casual banter?

4) Do you think that membership should be completely open and unconditional, or should there be minimum restrictions? If the latter, what criteria should be applied?

5) What do you think about the existing Bring4th Guidelines? Would you make any changes? Why?

6) What in your opinion is the role of the moderator in an L/L Research online community?

7) Do you feel that the forums are moderated too strictly or too laxly? Why?

(Note: laxly adverb for “lax”. We had to look it up.)

8) What would you do to improve the moderation process?

9) If you could restructure the existing layout of the forums and sub-forums, what would you do?

10) What can be done to improve any aspect of Bring4th?

11) Any further thoughts?
07-01-2015, 03:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2015, 01:15 AM by Elros.)
(07-01-2015, 03:03 PM)Bring4th_Admin Wrote:  
Community Questionnaire

The people

Quote:2) What do you least enjoy about Bring4th?

I do not remember telling myself that I disliked something in the forum itself. In the people, it would be misunderstandings.

Quote:3) What are your thoughts regarding the depth of study on Bring4th? Similarly, what do you feel about the level of casual banter?

That it interbalances itself perfectly as it is needed.

Quote:4) Do you think that membership should be completely open and unconditional, or should there be minimum restrictions? If the latter, what criteria should be applied?

Open and unconditionnal.

Quote:5) What do you think about the existing Bring4th Guidelines? Would you make any changes? Why?

Edit : While not saying how I think they should be myself after re-reading them, pershaps a retrospective about what the forum was initially intended to be and what it became could be well. Love is a strange thing that can be seen through many lenses.

Quote:6) What in your opinion is the role of the moderator in an L/L Research online community?

To struggle with his role as a catalyst to himself. Big Grin Balancing what he thinks is right or not while having a responsability toward it.

Quote:7) Do you feel that the forums are moderated too strictly or too laxly? Why?

I do think it is fine.

Quote:8) What would you do to improve the moderation process?

I do not think it needs to be improved. Or actually pershaps punishments could be lifted if the person admits her wrongs in a very open and non-defensive manner. Not trying to put blame on anything else than self.

Quote:9) If you could restructure the existing layout of the forums and sub-forums, what would you do?

I always found a place for my threads, nothing much to say.

Quote:10) What can be done to improve any aspect of Bring4th?

I do think that all is well.

Quote:11) Any further thoughts?

Love this place and am grateful for it in all aspects.Smile

This may not be the kind of review you wanted but well.. these are my honnest opinions.

In the idea of infinity, acceptance of all the potentials the mind can think of is required for a balanced union with what is seen of infinity
The following 3 users Like Elros's post:
Bluebell, JustLikeYou, Sabou
07-01-2015, 03:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-01-2015, 03:46 PM by Karl. Edit Reason: Looks prettier )
Community Questionnaire

The people

The people

3) What are your thoughts regarding the depth of study on Bring4th? Similarly, what do you feel about the level of casual banter?
I think the casual banter is why most people come here. They allow people to make connections with people who have similar interests and eventually from that people are able to have deeper discussion on metaphysical material. The casual banter is important because it engenders that sense of trust and friendship necessary to have heart-felt discussion.

4) Do you think that membership should be completely open and unconditional, or should there be minimum restrictions? If the latter, what criteria should be applied?
Completely open. All weirdos welcome.

5) What do you think about the existing Bring4th Guidelines? Would you make any changes? Why?
Allow more conflict. I'm tired people making snide remarks under the radar instead of just telling someone they hate them or think they're wrong.

6) What in your opinion is the role of the moderator in an L/L Research online community?
To move topics around and include splits etc.

Too strict. Allow swear words and stuff on chat. If people don't like it allow them to have a swear/profanity/moral-filth filter that can be turnd ON/OFF. I like my conversations full of swearwords and moral-filth.

Make more options for people to moderate themselves. If people don't like certain people/opinions they can make themselves and their threads or posts invisible to people. If they don't like someones signature they can hide it.

9) If you could restructure the existing layout of the forums and sub-forums, what would you do?
N/A

Allow more open discussion. Even negative stuff. Conflicts on forums aren't a bad thing. It's just another method of learning and catalyst that some people prefer not to experience. We could just make it so if someone doesn't want to have a discussion with someone they can TELL them on whatever thread it is that they don't want to talk with them and then it's over. Don't talk to someone if they say to stop.

Basically be more open / less restrictive on things but allow people to tailor the experience to their safety needs.

Words mean nothing.
The following 5 users Like Karl's post:
Bluebell, Elros, JustLikeYou, Parsons, Sabou
07-02-2015, 01:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2015, 01:52 AM by Elros.)
(07-01-2015, 03:03 PM)Bring4th_Admin Wrote:  11) Any further thoughts?

This is in addition to my #6 question's answer

I do think being a moderator is very harsh in a LoO based forum. You are every user, none of them is unlike you and none of them can act unlike how you'd be acting as them. Despite knowing this, it is very hard to understand other-selves and needs to be constantly worked on. You alone have the responsability to maintain this teach/learn and learn/teach environment while evolving yourself. Not an easy task.

This forum can be quite a intense mirror for someone who has taken the role of a moderator, so let yourself make mistakes as you see fit and let yourself embrace change as you see fit. Nothing ever stays the same through time, even Ra is ever changing.

Cheers!

In the idea of infinity, acceptance of all the potentials the mind can think of is required for a balanced union with what is seen of infinity
The following 2 users Like Elros's post:
Bluebell, Karl
07-02-2015, 03:22 AM,

Having access to a community of people who at least have a remotely similar worldview.

Nothing major. Just minor technical quirks with the general forums. I suppose I don't enjoy that there isn't a mobile friendly version of the forums. Oh, and I don't like that the PM system doesn't notify you.

I enjoy both the super-deep study going on AND the casual banter. I often gain incredible insight from the casual banter that is on par with the deeper discussions. 

I think membership should remain completely open and unconditional. I have often desired some way to limit certain discussions to serious talk only or "advanced people" only, but realized that is quite impossible without the forums going down a very dark road.

I think the guidelines are fine overall. One thing I would like to change/lighten up on is the policy on 'disharmonious discussion'. I get a lot out of reading discussions that are seemingly arguments due to the mirror effect. If people are restricted from doing so, they will often hold anger/resentment bottled up inside themselves that will cause much more issues than letting it out. I still think it is appropriate in extreme situations but I feel its over-utilized by some members at this point.

I feel that they should simply be seekers like anyone else and should only step in in extreme situations. I do appreciate splitting off of off-topic discussions sometimes.

I feel its not over/under moderated. It doesn't seem too strict.

I can't really think of any way you could significantly improve without stepping on someone else's toes. No matter what style you do, someone will be at least somewhat unhappy.

I have brought this up before but I would like to see Life on Planet Earth and Olio merged into a "general chat" type area simply for the fact that's what they basically are already. At the moment though, I will start reading a thread in one section then try to find it later and find myself constantly toggling between those two forums looking for the thread. I would also like to see a section added for media/art (music/movies/games/tv shows/artwor/etc). 

See above, but again, nothing major.

I like turltes.
-==-
The following 2 users Like Parsons's post:
Bluebell, Sabou
07-02-2015, 10:17 AM,
(07-01-2015, 03:03 PM)Community Questionnaire Wrote:   

The diversity of people and freedom to express, explore and discuss ideas

I don´t understand the question

it´s all good =)

Some kind of initiation questionnaire or something could be a fun introduction, promote respectful posts and keep out spam bots, with the real criteria; not being a spam bot. 

Apparently you can apply them with common sense and I like that =)

Apart from being a regular member; Keep an eye out for abusive behavior, spam and posts that belong somewhere else than where they are.

Don´t feel I use enough of the forums and chat to have an opinion about it

see above answer

what  Parsons said =)

ad an all you can eat Ice cream bar? Sorry I got nothing, B4th must be perfect! Getting that PM notification up and going would be awesome =)

No, but there is allot of beautiful feelings, Ra bless you =)
The following 1 user Likes Raz's post:
Bluebell
07-02-2015, 10:55 AM,

The community and the people.

The melodramatic threads that come up every now and again about what basically boils down to non issue.

I think the level of study is fairly good and in depth. Casual banter is okay but i don't like seeing good threads getting side tracked or turned around into something that's really off topic.

I think the membership should be open as long as people are being respectable in there conduct within reason. Although i think opportunities for forgiven should always be allowed if someone makes a mistake or says something out of line.

As far as i am aware they seem to be fairly well balanced and do the job.

Moderators seem to be fairly good at handling most things from what i have seen over the years.

I think the moderation could be some what lax at times. A more direct style might be more in balance, but when it comes to moderation you will never be able to please everyone.

Perhaps being a little more direct with users if they are going off track in threads or making a big deal out of nothing.

Everything seems fairly good and covered at the moment.

Perhaps having direct links to general aspects of the Law of One for new users. Almost like a crash course in the Law of One.

I think that about covers everything at this time.

The following 1 user Likes Matt1's post:
Elros
07-03-2015, 12:23 PM,
Quote:1) What do you most enjoy about Bring4th?

the people 

the people  Wink

Quote:3) What are your thoughts regarding the depth of study on Bring4th? Similarly, what do you feel about the level of casual banter?

i think casual banter is 4D oriented. i think there's plenty of time to study when ur dead. Cool Angel

but seriously i think there's a good balance.

Quote:4) Do you think that membership should be completely open and unconditional, or should there be minimum restrictions? If the latter, what criteria should be applied?

latter. only extreme situations.

Quote:5) What do you think about the existing Bring4th Guidelines? Would you make any changes? Why?

i would add to the rules, or subtract because right now certain people get away with stuff and others get punished. maybe i'm wrong but it's how i feel.

Quote:6) What in your opinion is the role of the moderator in an L/L Research online community?

to protect citizens from harm. and tend to the garden (splitting threads etc.).

Quote:7) Do you feel that the forums are moderated too strictly or too laxly? Why?

too strict. or rather if it was more even then it'd be fine but i feel people get punished differently for seemingly no reason.

Quote:(Note: laxly adverb for “lax”. We had to look it up.)

*points and laughs*

i'd put more emphasis on intent and less on technicalities.

Quote:9) If you could restructure the existing layout of the forums and sub-forums, what would you do?

depends on what might be needed.

more communications between mods & peasants 

i think it's great ur asking the members.
The following 1 user Likes Bluebell's post:
Elros
07-05-2015, 02:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2015, 02:40 AM by Reaper.)
Community Questionnaire

The range of diversity present.

Ongoing bickering over topics that are intrinsically worthless.

I think there should be a place designated for both, and some in-between space as well. Basically how things already are.

Better bot filters would be good, but I don't think someone should be screened out because of their personal beliefs or anything of that nature. 

I've generally got no problem with the guidelines, but I do think trying to fit them within the context of the Law of One is a bit gauche. It makes it seem like the LOO is a set of religious beliefs to be impressed on others. They could be drastically simplified, placed in a more objective context, and probably be better understood by everyone. 

Ensuring the guidelines are followed by the members who agreed to follow them when they signed onto this site. 

Both, perhaps. There is often inconsistency in guideline enforcement. Plenty of times I've watched two separate individuals breach the same guideline, and one of them gets off scott free while the other is disciplined. This makes it hard for me to take the guidelines seriously.

1. Be fully aware of an issue before you go about moderating it. Ask the parties involved for their input if at all possible. More than once I've seen moderators immediately jump into disciplinary mode without really understanding the situation, resulting in explosive arguments that could have been easily prevented.

2. Treat forum members like people, not obligations. I've received letters from the moderators after accidentally breaching guidelines that honestly made me cry. I was preached at, treated like an inconvenience and chastised for wasting their precious time. This resulted in me becoming increasingly more angry and obstinate. Work with people at their level, with empathy and compassion, and they'll be much more likely to listen to what you have to say.

3. Never, ever let personal bias come into moderation. Moderator's decisions should be based strictly on adherence to the guidelines, not how they personally feel about a topic, another person, etc. And yes, I've seen this happen plenty of times.

4. Clone Plenum several times. 

I don't really care. A creative/art sub-forum would be nice.

Covered in the first 9 questions.

Even if every effort is taken to make this forum a welcoming, loving and diverse environment, there will still be people who don't like it. It's impossible to please everyone. Do the best you can and let the haters burn themselves out. 
Things are not as they seem.
The following 5 users Like Reaper's post:
Bluebell, Nicholas, Parsons, Spaced, third-density-being
07-05-2015, 06:37 PM,
Community Questionnaire

The spiritual discussions/metaphysics/densities/Logos.

When I post some cartoon furry artwork that is mildly suggestive it gets taken off, but other people are allowed to post musics with album artwork showing breasts.

I feel satisfied in how my questions get answered.

Well, it's not restricted to just Law of One, so that can't be a criteria. I guess it should be open but they should still follow rules.

I think community should vote on whether certain artworks are allowed. Rather than just deleted.

To help mitigate drama.

I think they are fine. They get rid of bots pretty quickly.

Maybe allow a user to contact a moderator with a question about suitable artworks to post. And then can ask if that's appropriate in my own thread.

I'm not a developer so I don't know.

I think we should have more flexibility in what we can post in our OWN threads.

There is an anthro somewhere who needs me and I need them.
07-06-2015, 04:39 PM,
Community Questionnaire

Other-Selves
Possibility of Sharing Self

Leaving it for the night

Depth of Study
Satisfactory, naturally developing, with a Support from “Senior Members” Wink
To preserve “Openness” and permit for Common Knowledge “deposited”/Shared at Bring4th to Grow.

I would like to notice that there’s somewhat/kind self-restrain in developing serious approach to Service-to-Self Path.
Even though it is equally valid and desirable Path for the Creator Him/Her/Them-Self/Selves, it is not my main argument. Latter one would be to loosen up so strict approach of many Beings to this Path – as obviously undesirable, bad, inappropriate, evil, etc. In All of Us is such “Part” and to treat this Aspect of Polarization in such rigid manner is of suppressing/impedimental nature.
To “tame” Consciousness with this Path and through that to help better understand Other-Selves in this Path. To turn/reforge “Fear”/”Concern” into “Understanding”.

casual banter
Almost unnoticeable for me. I usually find out “after the storm” that some-One has left Us (i.e.). Sad, but this Place is like an Island. You come back here when You will Feel that You need to. Let People be People.

Open. To judge by Thoughts/Actions/Offerings.

All is Well.

Role of a Moderator when Moderating
Role of a Friend when Interacting with Other-Selves

All is Well.

All is Well.

I like the layout. Please, preserve it.

“Homecoming” in Europe?

RA is with Us now/always, reading those very words together with You Smile

All I have Best in me for You
The following 1 user Likes third-density-being's post:
rva_jeremy
07-06-2015, 05:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015, 05:33 PM by ree.)
Giving feedback can be a skillful task... type of feedback that can help mods to reflect and change without being made to feel like they have committed a crime of injustice. I spent hours stressing Austin out with my gripes so he know where I come from and if there is one regret, it is that I pushed quite aggressively about certain issues. He heard me and understood me. For that I am thankful and so sorry, my friend. 

Never been moderated before but from interactions I've seen I can understand how logical and almost unfeeling mod msg may come across as not-compassionate. In fairness, a person in leadership positions would have to exercise that type of formality and rationality to get point across. Doesn't necessarily mean they don't have feelings and they don't understand. If that becomes a catalyst for members, that's great to talk thru w/ mods bc it may be a misunderstanding. I worked with people who kind of push far to see where they can go and how far they can bend rules so I'm for tough-love (personal bias). 

A summary of key points of guidelines and community values for new members might be helpful. It;s not clear sometimes that by becoming a member you agreed to abide by guidelines. Might not be clear until actual infractions are made anyway. 
07-08-2015, 01:47 PM,
Community Questionnaire

The ability to converse with like minded other selves 

The inability to interact honestly with like minded individuals 

Depth is ok but would like to see it used as a more honest mirroring function. Banter gets out of control sometimes. A little playfulness is ok but many times threads are derailed by trolls 

Completely open 

Ok except the whole compassion bit. Compassion is used incorrectly to me. Many thinks this means respect but linguistically,  it means:

a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune,accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.

This means that the urge to help can be interpreted as an honest expression of love. This honesty can be gentle or brutal. The only difference is the way the catalyst is interpreted by the other self. If an other self is taken aback or upset over a comment,  it's their issue as long as it's not purposely malevolent. 

To keep the forums clean of spam and trolls. If a subject gets sidetracked,  give a warning then take action if it's not remedied. Make a point system where repeat offenders will be punitively punished for breaking the guidelines. 

Needs more control of trolls 

See above. 

Nope 

I'm sure there are Law of One boards for other languages(maybe not??) but what about combining them if they do exist or creating subforums for other major languages. These other selves generally speak English also which could draw more participation here. 

Nope
The following 1 user Likes Jeremy's post:
Bluebell
07-08-2015, 02:28 PM,

The opportunity to explore esoteric and out-of-the-box concepts, and to consider mainstream and "popular" subjects within that context. The opportunity to develop my communications skills. 

When volatile threads are closed. If a subject is volatile, it makes sense to me that it presents a great opportunity for growth for all.

I don't mind casual banter, yet there is that subjective line which gets crossed where the thread loses strength and the energy dissipates. I think the moderators do a good job checking that. As far as the depth of study, there is a functional range in place for that which seems to work well. 

Membership should be open. Moderation should be the filter for members not following guidelines. How else to determine if someone is here just to antagonize or disrespect the forum?

I think the guidelines are fine. 

To keep tabs on all the threads and postings to insure the guidelines are not being disrespected.

I feel it goes both ways randomly. There are inconsistencies, yet this is not a criticism. The moderators are human and have their own paradigms and catalysts. One suggestion would be that there is one female—and no, I don't want the job.  Tongue

I don't know. My life is too complicated without taking on that task. Good luck moderating. Shy   

Nothing. I love the way this site is laid out.

The site itself is functional and user-friendly and attractive. The entity of B4 will improve as the component parts—the members and posters and lurkers—grow and expand in consciousness.

Only gratitude for the existence of the B4 website and the Ra Material.
The following 1 user Likes Diana's post:
Nicholas
07-12-2015, 01:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015, 01:54 PM by Monica.)

Actual study of the Law of One. I enjoy the exchange of ideas and deep thought.

Also making new friends

In the early days, I also felt like we had a fairly close community. Members could ask other members for help and we'd be there for one another. There seemed to be a lot of love and caring amongst the core members.

Juvenile behavior, such as name-calling. It often feels like we're in junior high.

Inconsistent enforcement of guidelines, such as arbitrarily closing a thread because of moderator bias, and seeming to favor certain aspects of the guidelines while ignoring others.

The pervasive attitude that most members are 6D Wanderers and supposedly above such lowly concepts as love and compassion...the smug attitude that love and compassion are juvenile, and we should all be above that.  

There is very little deep study.

There is a lot of casual banter.

There are numerous discussion forums available for casual banter. I liked B4 better when most of the discussions were actual study of the Law of One. I started the original Treehuggers' Treehouse thread specifically to be a place for casual banter. But now, it seems that there is much more casual banter than actual spiritual work or study, and it's spread out all over the place. Even the 'serious' threads are full of casual banter, with very little actual study.

Many members seem to be here just for the socializing. This has greatly diluted the forum's focus and objective.

When I first joined, on Day 1, we talked about B4 being an online Mystery School. What happened to that? The idea of it being a Mystery School is now preposterous. Cohesion and focus have been lost. It's become primarily a social playground with a little bit of study mixed in, instead of a study group with some fun mixed in.

Again, there are already plenty of other forums that have totally open membership. I don't think B4 should attempt to be everything to everyone. As I understand it, it was originally envisioned to be a place to discuss and study the Law of One. It has since deteriorated into a playground.

I would suggest a very simple criteria: Applicants should have read the Law of One. Very simple. Not a restriction, but a requirement.

Think of it this way: Would you show up at a Harry Potter discussion group if you've never read Harry Potter? How do you think the other members would react to that? Would they let you keep coming to their meetings, week after week after week, when you still hadn't bothered to read the HP books, just because you enjoyed the socializing?

Why, then, should B4 open its doors wide open to just anyone and everyone, regardless of whether they've read the books or not?

If that is what Jim and the mods want to do, then fine. But say so. Redefine this forum so that it's just a socializing venue for people with a loose 'spiritual' interest. Remove the focus on the Law of One.

Again, is that really what you want to do? Just become another one of myriad such forums?

I had thought, when I first joined, that the purpose of this forum was to explore and study the Ra Material specifically, and, secondarily, all the other offerings of LLResearch. I suggest raising the question: Is that still true?

If so, then it's reasonable to require that prospective members have actually...gasp...read the Material! Or at least some of it...at least gotten started with it.

So...how to know if they've actually read the books? A quiz? No, because it's too easy to cheat on a quiz.

Simply ask them to write a short essay explaining what the Law of One means to them, or what they liked about the Law of One.

Oh, you say, but what if they don't like to write?

Well, if they don't like to write, then why are they trying to join a written discussion forum?

It needn't be a long essay. Just a few paragraphs will do. Membership admittance would be at your discretion. You'll be able to tell if the person really read the books or not.

I suggest that the mods (now that Carla's gone) and Jim discuss whether they want B4 to keep its original STO bias, or do they want to let it accommodate STO and STS equally. If the former, then exercise tighter enforcement of guidelines and don't be so afraid of making a determination that something isn't in alignment with STO principles. If the latter, then remove all guidelines altogether, because if STS is an equally valid path and B4 has NO bias, then rudeness and other seemingly 'negative' behavior and discussions should be allowed. It seems rather incongruous to talk about the STS path being equally valid, but then require 'STO' behavior.

I realize that this is a rather grey area, but right now, B4 seems like a giant essay without a thesis. I am suggesting that this place needs a thesis! A Mission Statement, if you will.

It doesn't matter what the Mission Statement is; that is entirely up to you. But choose something and then stick with it. Since Ra gave us a framework for Life on Planet Earth, it seems to me that choosing a polarity for this community makes sense as a Mission Statement. Choose one or the other, but choose!

Like each of us on a microcosmic level, I think B4 needs to choose a polarity. Or, if you subscribe to the notion that polarity is irrelevant here because we are 'above all that', then put your money where your mouth is and let go of any pretense of being an STO-biased community.

Either way is fine, but make a decision about it. If B4 purports to be biased to STO (as is Ra), then say it, and don't try to accommodate STS applications of the Material. (Not referring to discussion of STS; that's an entirely different issue and perfectly acceptable. I'm referring to application of the Material!)

If, however, you decide to eliminate the STO bias, then be prepared to allow more discussion on what some might consider unsavory topics.

I am NOT suggesting that you judge members' polarity. That would be absurd, not to mention impossible. No, that isn't what I'm proposing at all.

I am proposing that a decision be made as to whether the forum is, as was originally designed, unabashedly STO biased. And if so, then conduct business accordingly; ie., use that as your barometer when making decisions, and let that override any concerns about being politically correct. Let alignment with STO override anything else.

On the other hand, if you decide to abolish the STO bias, then say so, and open your doors to anyone, broaden the parameters of what's allowed, remove restrictions, and truly allow those pursuing the STS path to fully utilize the forum. Because, after all, quote "there is no right or wrong, and both paths are equal", right? Those 2 statements get repeated frequently, so apparently it's an opinion shared by many of the members here. Well, if that is true, and that opinion is shared by Jim and the mods, then be open about it and live it.

You can never know someone's polarity. But you can have discernment about whether discussions are in alignment with the forum's objective. Each discussion has an energy to it. As Edgar Cayce said: Thoughts are things. What thoughts are you allowing into this so-called Mystery School? I am NOT proposing that you become Thought Police! But, this is a very real community, with very real energies being exchanged here. We have, collectively, built a structure on the higher planes, a house if you will. How clean is the B4 house?

I think it would be helpful to make a stand, one way or the other. Right now, it seems really wishy-washy.

Aside from routine housekeeping chores, simply to enforce the guidelines; nothing more.

But the real work (and what I perceive as currently lacking) is clearly defining what you want those guidelines to be, based on your Mission Statement. Once you do that, then moderating will be much easier.

When I was moderating, we thought we were clear on our mission, but now, looking back, I don't think we were. We tried too hard to be everything to everyone. I think that has resulted in a lot of chaotic energy and lack of focus, not to mention cobwebs in our house.

That depends on what your objective is. If your objective is to be a free-for-all, anything goes, forum for socializing, then the guidelines should be more lax. Or, if you decide to eliminate the STO bias, then the guidelines should be more lax. Because, after all, if you are going to welcome STS energies, then guidelines about love and consideration seem silly.

If, however, you want to return to your original objective and original STO bias, then the guidelines would need to be stricter (or at least have better enforcement of existing guidelines, which were designed with the STO bias in mind).

Well, having been a mod for 3 years, I can only speak from my own experience. I recall an inordinate amount of time spent discussing via pm's and emails, trying to get the other mods up to speed on what was happening on a daily basis. It got really exhausting. With hindsight, I think we would have saved MANY hours if we'd simply done a conference call instead. But you guys will have to work that out.

Life on Planet Earth and Olio have become all mixed up. There doesn't seem to be a distinction anymore. I used to move threads between them based on some criteria. Now, they seem mixed up to me. But that's a very small thing.

Have a regular meditation that members can participate in. Schedule it on a regular basis. It would be nice for members to connect on a higher level. Maybe start a thread specifically for discussing people's experiences and connections during the meditation, and make it a sticky. (This presupposes you decide to go with the STO bias...maybe not a good idea if you go with the 'both paths are equal' stance.)
The following 3 users Like Monica's post:
Diana, JustLikeYou, Richard
07-19-2015, 12:46 AM,
Community Questionnaire

Interesting topics

People who post tens of thousands of times, prattling on and on inanely.

I tune out the casual banter and wouldn't miss it if it was gone. Of course, I am a rather serious studious type and don't get out much.

Completely open.

I don't know what the guidelines are.

Just to weed out spambots. They could also politely tell people who are posting way too often to dial it down a bit. Once a day or even once a week should be enough, if you leave off the casual banter and reflexive inane postings on any and every which topic.

Restrict the number of posts people can make per day (or per week).

07-21-2015, 12:20 PM,
Strongest recommendation in implicit response to every question asked:

Replace Bring4th with an indefinite guest book where one can submit a name, an email address and a biography so members can simply contact each other privately, and start their own private or public groups catered to their personal emotional/mental needs.

Allow the dimensions, hierarchies of catalyst to forge as they choose in respect to all macrocosmic and microcosmic exchanges of emotion.
...only one important statement...All things, all of life, all of the creation is part of one original thought.
07-23-2015, 02:17 AM,
I don't really have any suggestions for the board. But I just wanted to say that I think that the board is maintained in as relatively perfect a manner as it possibly can. The moderators are doing a fine job. I think that everything is in working order. Everything is perfect. Thanks.

I just think that we, as users, need to try to consistently provide an intelligent, well thought out discussion. But I think that even this is being done, lately. That said, I don't look at all the threads. Just the ones that catch my interest. Some threads make me lose interest. But from what little I've seen, it seems like it's being "brought-en." Good job folks.
07-29-2015, 07:30 PM,
Just trying to help but who knows.
Forgive me if I'm not the kindest.  Some things need to be pointed out on the downside; sadly this questionnaire brought me much discontent personally, due to the lack of insight put into it...
Regardless, I want to help, I'm only back because the questionnaire was finally posted.

Not important.  I'm here because I understood that this forum was made to aid in the searching and exploration of the Law of One Philosophy and the Ra Material.

The fact I cannot search or discuss the Law of One Philosophy in a decent manner without someone muddying it all up or breaking the guidelines disrespecting the entire conversation.

Two parter?  My thoughts tell me the depth of study on this forum is Very Poor.  The discussion is okay, but the DEPTH OF STUDY is Very Poor.

Casual Banter?  You mean breaking the guidelines and derailing threads?  It's annoying, the poor moderation of the guidelines does not help either.

Don't restrict people from posting, Moderate them.  If someone who hasn't read the material is arguing with someone who has about Material specific concepts, chances are they're just derailing the thread.  Moderate that stuff.  If someone doesn't understand, they need to explain why and the members need to explain to them clearly an concisely, otherwise the Distortion of the Material increases.  You should be avoiding such if you don't want people's opinion of the Philosophy to be irreparably harmed.

I personally would not recommend this forum for exploring the Law of One at this time.  The members take quotes out of context, they muddy up concepts like Work in Consciousness, and they dogmatize Polarity.  Some form of standard for these concepts needs to be maintained so that we all have something straight to work off of.
Also, Ra Material should take precedent over other channeled sources, that Material is the clearest, least distorted information out there.  Don't let Q'uotes that don't say the same thing nullify the Ra Material, chances are, Ra was correct.  If you're beyond sure Ra wasn't correct, explain why because an unconscious telepathic communication that drains the user of their life sounds a bit more reliable than a conscious one that has no serious implications on the body or mind.  A.  B, Q'uo has much of Carla's personality within it including her human distortions (again, no offense), whereas Ra is clearly not Carla speaking, in ALL ways.

Guidelines are good.

Moderator's using their personal judgment on subjective material, IS NOT.  If you cannot properly handle a position of authority without using your personal opinions to direct that power, then you need to stop.  Power Corrupts, your opinion IS NOT BETTER, so you should NOT get precedent over another member's subjective material in their post. A.
B. There's this new thing called Collaborating.  Mod's shouldn't be moving threads around left and right for 'organization', you want to organize?  Organize the Forums, not the posts.  You are trying to fix the Effect and NOT the Cause, that is backwards and it makes absolutely no sense.

If you need more mods, get more mods.  No more excuses for poor behavior--

--as a Moderator in a subjective forum should be an equal, only with the power to lock, move, and split threads, give warnings and ban guideline infringers.  Beyond that, Admins have the ultimate say as it is their Forum.  Moderators are simply members given trust.  Their opinion is not above another's, neither is an Adminstrator's, they're just the keeper and operator of the Forum, they get executive say.
Mods do not.  If a member contests a Mod's decision, it needs to be considered on equal grounds, not 'My way or no way'.  Otherwise you've created a Double Standard of Service to Others, you have not considered the other at all, only believing you've helped through your own ways when there's the possibility that you've done harm.

Mod's should be held responsible for poor behavior and poor decisions.  They should not even touch a subjective thread until they have talked to the OP about it figuring if it's appropriate or not alongside the poster, and NOT JUST AT THEIR OWN PERSONAL CONSIDERATION.  If there is uncertainty, they need to talk to other mods and collaborate or the OP and collaborate.  No, actually, Mods should be collaborating ALWAYS in a spiritual subjective forum where we're all equal.  You should be able to say 'No, you're wrong Plenum, Austin, anyone.' and not be met with indifference, or worse, disconsideration because you've not the same power as them or because they THINK they know better than you.

This question is absolutely leading and incorrectly phrased.
It should go: What is your opinion of how the forums are moderated?
And it should not push people to say too strictly or too lax (which is also proper to say guys).

Because in this forum, the mods have so poorly moderated that it's not about moderating too strongly or weakly, it's about moderating incorrectly.  You have been incorrectly handling the position of authority if you need to know if you're doing it too much or too little, but not if you're doing it WRONG.

Welcome to an example of the United States Government.  You don't need more laws/rules/guidelines or less laws/rules/guidelines, you need a proper frickin system that properly handles what is supposed to be handled in a clear fashion, that doesn't hide threads or butcher them by splitting apart posts so heavily or lock some threads but leave others which should be locked open.

The entire way of moderation is incorrect, it is not lax or strong, it is wrongly executed.  If you cannot properly moderate the guidelines, give out warnings to those who infringe them, and ban those who have nothing good to add to the discussion consistently (see: Trolling and flaming and derailing) then you are basically letting people do what they want, and cherry-picking who is going to be moderated.  Cherry-picking happens when there isn't enough moderation or the mods are biased.

Pick one and fix it or don't ask us our opinion.  Cause that's a good way to make people leave, when they see that you're not going to fix whats wrong.

Teach y'all how to properly moderate a forum that is subjective.  Ask to be a Mod and show you how by example...? (I'm serious.  Just cause I'm mad at this forum doesn't mean I don't appreciate it's existence or want it to prosper... Sad )

The mods shouldn't be scared to post and ask the members to not derail, insult, or break the guidelines, without that counting as a warning.  They also shouldn't do so by editing another person's posts.

How would you like if I went into your posts and altered them without your knowledge?  Pretty embarrassing, great way to push me away personally, ESPECIALLY SINCE this site even says personal posts are our intellectual responsibility, I'd assume that means mods shouldn't be altering my post I'm responsible for.

The only times you delete posts or threads is when they are completely out of line.  You ban people when they consistently fail to adhere to the guidelines, and yes, you need to warn and temp ban people now and then who AREN'T following the guidelines, simply to show that they are being enforced.

Guidelines are a nice way of saying 'How you need to be', which is kind of like Rules, only Rules say, 'How you should be, or else.'
We don't want the or else.  Member's need to know the guidelines, if they don't want to adhere to them then they need to be dealt with the maintain the integrity of the forum, to dissuade trolls from constantly pushing people away.  The lack of moderation in several forums completely is rather ridiculous, the report button is a tool, not HOW you moderate...  You need to be vigilant as a mod, check the darn posts, you have a tool to see ALL new posts, it's your honor/duty you've taken up.

Once the forum becomes active you'll need to give mods jurisdictions on which forums they need to look over.  Global moderators are good, but they are spread thin essentially, give them some help.

Remove sub-forums.  Remove Forums One, and Forums Two, make a single Board of Forums so that the Second board isn't bone-dry dead.  Make the Second Board the Translation or Other Languages board for non-english speaking members to interact if they happen to show.  Now, in the First forums make a separator ( ----- ) and include the next set of forums.  I'll list out an example...  Keep it all on one board, and spread the topics up to encourage looking at the middle Forums so that everything is looked over...  I'll show y'all.  LoO material forums goes on the top and bottom to encourage people to scroll through the non-LoO forums to help maintain overall activity.  -starts typing-

Purely Law of One (A place meant to discuss only the Ra Material and Law of One Philosophy, not for other-spiritual material, Three Warnings then Temporary Ban.)

Distorted Law of One (Ra calls all things a Distortion of the One, anything pertaining to spirituality associated with or similar with the Philosophy of the Ra Material belongs here, Three Warnings then Temporary Ban.)

Law of One Personal Interpretations (When members have a disagreement on a subject, there interpretation should be listed for everyone to properly get involved with making sense of the perceived misinterpretation.  One Warning then Temporary Ban.  You can peacefully discuss your interpretation, if you cannot then say so and give yourself some time to cool off, or move the discussion to private messaging if you mustn't wait.)

Member Introductions (Unless you're posting a Wanderer Story, all members who desire to make themselves known and give an idea of themselves are welcome to do so here.)

Wanderer Stories (Congratulations, you've wandered quite a ways, care to share your experiences?)

Spiritual/Personal Life on Earth (A place to discuss Life not focused around the Law of One and it's answers, but instead the wisdom of the members available.  Try to keep Law of One focused material, both Pure and Distorted in their respective forums.)
-----
General Chat (Everything and Anything within the Guidelines that isn't spiritually related or fits into another forum may go here.)

Personal Meet-up and Planning (Loneliness teaches us much, but having a mirror can teach us much too.  If you're looking to make plans with others openly to meet-up or just trying to arrange a general meet-up, this is your place to do so.)

Group Plans and Events (All group plans and events should go here that are Open and welcoming.)

Associated Health Discussion (Hemp seeds, Apple cider Vinegar, Coconut oil?  When life gives you lemons, you discuss how you keep yourself healthy, WITH THE LEMONS!)
Scientific and Technological Discussion (All things mainstream and non-mainstream Scientific and Technological.  Here's some help: Tesla Coils, why we no use them?)

The Cork Board (keep as is)

Member's Hangout (Where the casual banter is welcomed openly, the randomness of members is encouraged to be enjoyed, and where we all go to talk privately out of the public eye.  Member's Only Board.)
-----
Spirituality in Politics and Current Events (a place to discuss current events, politics, within a spiritual context.  Non-spiritual context welcome so long as members can follow the guidelines, otherwise Three Warnings then Temporary Ban.  If this doesn't dissuade broken guidelines then One Warning then Temporary Ban.)

L/L Channeled Sessions in Focus (A place for members to post about and discuss various L/L Channeled Transcripts, including the Ra Material Sessions.  Please quote the session in question or discussion fully and completely before you begin your thread's first post.) [personal note: don't make a post for each session, let members create and lead the content.]

Non-L/L Channeled Sessions in Focus (All other channeled content not by L/L Research should be placed here.)

The Harvest (All questions and discussion on The Harvest belong here.)

Polarization and Polarity (All content on the highly subjective and seemingly misunderstood concepts of Polarity and Polarization belong here, because it's so muddied up by members that it needs its own forum.  Three Warnings then Temporary Ban.)

Moderated Discussion of Member's [Plenum's Purgatory] (A place for members to discuss each other in a neutral or positive light, any personal issues with each other should be handled privately.  A forum to hold the various discussions gone awry by members to be sorted out.  Or we could call this Plenum's Purgatory!  Three Warnings then Temporary Ban. Member's Only Board.)

Board Two will be the Languages boards.  Each Sub-forum should be recreated as a normal forum encouraging foreign speakers to interact in their native language with each other to discuss the philosophy.  A language barrier is no excuse to keep the Law of One from someone, there's always a Way.

Finally, please properly describe the forums, it's okay to be funny and personal, but if the message doesn't make sense to the seriousness of the forum, it takes away.  Nothing personal, but it's time for a change, wouldn't you say?

The Forum and Website needs to be updated.  The Biorhthym calculator has a Cookies bug that makes the visual graph stick to the first results entered until he particular cookie file for it is deleted making room for a new one to be generated.  I reported this already twice.
The PM system needs to be updated on the site visually, or at the very least provide some kind of way to know when we receive a personal message, I know you all are beyond aware of this 'aspect'.
The forum might benefit from redesigning the whole forum layout including color, post style, member profiles, and such.  I know you all love this forum, I do too, and with that Love I am telling you now, this forum is inactive, and it needs attention put into it, not to be left to figure it's s*** out on it's own.

A major improvement would be to stop treating this place like it's not a human construct but a social memory complex construct.  It is not.  You cannot read my mind, you cannot tell how I feel, you can't even hear my tone.  This place should not be left to 'resolve its own issues' smc style because as you probably see (I hope), the inactivity from no one wanting to deal with it is the result.  Human's abandon such concepts that don't work when they are incorrectly applied.  Vedic Philosophy calls it Ignorance, confusing good with bad.  I would almost attribute a secret desire to see this place fail in some if I wasn't uncertain, but how some act on here.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were members who wanted this place to be inactive, and saw it as 'preferential'.

Don't let directed and focused forums be a hangout.  The member's forum is where ALL of that hanging out should be, or the Chatroom, like the Lounge, and NOT the LoO focused chat room.  Why?  BECAUSE IT JUST LOOKS BAD AND SLOPPY.  I get the entire idea as to why that chatroom was made into the hangout, but you have a lounge chatroom for that, literally a click away, literally.  Right.  Next.  To it.  Follow through with your forum set up or else change it.  Otherwise as I said, it looks sloppy.  And not many appreciate seeing their beloved philosophy sloppily handled because the moderators decided to say 'this' is for 'that' when something for 'that' is right next to the 'this'.

The aspect of not following with the design hurts the overall forum setup and encourages members to not follow-through with the setup and design of the forum.

And since it already feels neglected the suggestion to try rehauling or recreating the forum design from layout to member profile setup to the look and feel might be beneficial in pulling many members who don't want to participate back into the pool to begin fleshing things out in the philosophy of the LoO again...  And by neglected, I mean this place feels unchanging, when the moderation has perpetrated that it's a dynamic social complex, the exact opposite of a stagnating forum or inactive forum, which again by definition of the low activity, this forum is.

Don't rely on a quetionaire that took...Quite a while to be posted and only has 11 questions.  Why not have an interactive discussion about the forum overall as a whole and not just make a thread that is meant to reply to a questionaire only...?  The entire execution feels poor and apathetic.  Have you thought about hiring a Forum Master who oversee's the entire operation of this forum?  The current webmaster is clearly too busy to be bothered to continually check up on the state of the forum, as made apparent in the lack of fixes being made to reported bugs, or any implementation...Or even alteration of the forum to fit member suggestions (See: PM system that has a notification system...)

Please tell me you actually care about this forum, admins and mods of B4, and then tell me why you haven't done anything to keep the forum afloat in the ways it's been suggested, why you have a double standard of your opinion over ours, and why you have not made any changes to address the issue present.  Inactivity.

An aspect to change?  The attitude towards this forum.  Too bad there are those who prefer the forum inactive and socially more of a small group hangout instead of it buzzing with fresh conversation and exploration of the Law of One, as the forum was intended.

Create a Mission Statement and stick to it, get serious about taking care of your Manifest Construct, and don't treat it like something it is not.  Get real, be real about handling the forum in a direction that increases the desired goals that it was created for.  A questionnaire now?  With what?  15 or so people who will actually do it, when there are...  5k registered members?  And constantly 30+ guests?  And only a handful of replies and members who CAN respond now?

The anger builds at the apathy, is that the actual goal of this place?  To harbor a special emotion of discontent in those who are truly trying to seek the huge mystery of the Universe that Ra gave us a glimpse in to?

Make me a mod, you guys obviously need help. -rolls eyes-

I'm sorry for the brashness but I can't type all of this out and feel content or alright knowing that it's probably going to be ignored and the old setup maintained with the usual poor moderation continuing with the forum being stuck as inactive.  I took my time and seriously answered, I left this place for a while to make sense of it and I'm back giving y'all my opinion on a questionnaire that took weeks...Or months to put out, with only 11 questions that aren't very thoughtful to the entire forum but only considering parts and pieces of the whole.

As the OFFICIAL Law of One Forum site, you guys need to up your game and make this forum fit it's purpose, and not let it be a small dinky hangout for your 'online community' or maybe a dozen or two dozen people of that 'community'.

All is One.  However, One is All, and the All is distorted, and there are lessons and to be learned during that distortion.  You're here now with a powerful, POWERFUL tool to spread the Law of One and help so many, and you waste it.
Absolutely waste it with your own set of beliefs and ways of behavior.  Sabotaging yourself unconsciously?  I don't know and I don't care. I found the Law of One, studied it for a while before coming here and having my whole belief system of purely Law of One TRASHED by the people in this forum.

That I'm back here even trying is only because I returned to the pure original Ra Material and continued my integration of it and once again am beginning to have huge synchronicities and large occurrences that can't be ignored, which tells me the Ra Material is the material for me.  If I'm going to go through that phase again, I want to share it and the immense layers of love I'll experience, however, I don't want to share it in a place of double standards and judgmental hypocrites who will just disconsider it all because they don't understand and can't comprehend how to be openminded VIA THE GUIDELINES, and then throw my own philosophy in my face when I point out in frustration their actions thinking I don't know MY OWN philosophy.

I don't know what else to say.  Seriously consider the power you have holding the OFFICIAL FORUM of this Philosophy, and seriously consider trying to cater to both a large and small community.

Just do something...You need to do something for this place, the inactivity doesn't need to be...  Someone out there needs to talk about this philosophy with another in a proper environment.  This place could be that.

It isn't right now.
The following 5 users Like The_Tired_Philosopher's post:
Aion, Diana, JustLikeYou, Monica, Zach
07-29-2015, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2015, 10:00 PM by Monica.)
Suggestion to mods: You might get more responses to this if you post a sticky at the top of the main index. Maybe some people aren't looking at Olio and missing it. Even when I go to Olio I forget where it is.

I also agree with Tired-Philosopher that B4 is very INactive, relative to how many members are registered.
07-29-2015, 10:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015, 11:19 PM by Aion.)
(07-29-2015, 07:30 PM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote:  ...

Frackin' AMEN. (Mostly.)
08-01-2015, 03:04 PM,
What people really want is for a mod to come in to discussions and make constant judgement calls on when to say "Stop"? Doesn't that create a whole new slew of blockages and issues down the line, when the goal of unblocking oneself is uninhibited self-expression? If people are looking for an authority fix, I'm not sure B4th is the place to find it - however if many people agree that a more authoritarian type should be added to the mod team, maybe that's something to be considered?

I mean, discriminating against members because they haven't read the material? This seems very wrong to me. Now, I agree that maybe those who aren't very familiar with the material should take that into consideration when they are posting and discussing with members who are versed, but I don't think a third party needs to come in and decide who knows more about the Law of One in a discussion.

I see time and time again that people desire a place where the LoO is studied purely and with all seriousness. I think, for such a place, you do need to be selective with your group population - maybe creating a separate forum and inviting those whose personalities don't clash with yours? Or those whose sense of humor is less jarring? Otherwise, you're going to get all colors of people - strict moderation isn't going to suddenly bring in a "higher" caliber of students. Might as well use the opportunity to learn to deal with personalities who are different than yours, and to learn to see all as the Creator, even when they handle things you find beloved more "sloppily" than you do.
There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.
The following 1 user Likes Bring4th_Jade's post:
third-density-being
08-01-2015, 09:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2015, 09:48 PM by JustLikeYou.)
I have a few things to add here.

The possibility to connect with seekers as focused and serious as myself.

The difficulty of actually doing so.

Deep study demands rigor, which I rarely see here. I keep to the archetypes sub-forum and occasionally the Strictly forum because they are the most likely places to find rigor.

Casual banter needs but a single forum for all its purposes. I often see posts that ought to have been PMs. It is sometimes appropriate to introduce a joke into a focused discussion, but only ever so rarely. It is the dot of yin in the yang.

Every group has conditions for membership. Even we do. Our conditions, however, are conditions of revoked membership. I think this is a reasonable policy, though I am not against a restriction on the front-end. Monica suggests essays or tests or something. This is standard protocol for a mystery school, but I don't know of anyone in our community is prepared to found a mystery school. I am interested in this direction, but it appears to lie further in the future.

This is something we should really be discussing in an open forum. What does bring4th want to be? What kind of community do the existing members actually want? When you have the answer to this question, you'll know how to restrict membership because you'll know who you're targeting.

I strongly suggest extending this discussion beyond the confines of this questionnaire.

Monica made the point about consciously expressing a moral polarity. I think this is a very appropriate addition. The first three guidelines implicitly suggests STO polarity, but to enforce STO-type thoughts and actions is paradoxically not STO. It makes much more sense to say that our community is a consciously polarizing STO community. Because it is. Right now it seems like an imperative that one ought to be STO without outright saying that this community is specifically meant for those who already do so, and that those who are not are acceptable as they are but that this is not an appropriate forum for them.

Monica also suggested the possibility of opening the forum to both moral polarities (perhaps only rhetorically). I find this unwise. 4chan already exists. We who are approaching 4d are also approaching the separation of morally polarized individuals. It is appropriate for STO and STS to hang out in separate circles because their motives and methods are in conflict with each other.

I strongly suggest reconsidering guidelines 7 and 8. We are spiritual seekers, not Victorian moralists or children with virgin ears. The limitations of sexual content in an chat area should be a matter of outright abuse and no more. Euphemisms are devices for sexual repression. At the very least, we need an NSFW forum so Gemini Wolf can post his art.

A moderator is a member entrusted with authority. Human beings want to be responsible. Members will care more about this place if they are actually responsible for keeping it up. The care will then give the forum itself a certain glow. People will see that it is a place well loved and well tended. We need to view this place as analogous to a permaculture garden. In permaculture, there are zones. Each zone is tended in proportion to its need.

The nearest and most tended zone (Zone 1) is where you put the plants that need constant attention. Focused discussion needs constant attention, constant pruning. We need to better prune our Zone 1. My own garden is Zone 1 and I know that. I am fortunate that posting has lately been infrequent but focused, which probably befits the nature of the forum. However, I am also not an experienced moderator, so I may very well be preventing it from attracting a more active discussion.

The furthest zone is where you cultivate the wild. This is Zone 5. The civilized always exists embedded within the wild. We all have the wild within us and we need to be able to find it. Eliminating content that might be offensive to others is tantamount to ploughing over the wild. Allow the wild to flourish, but keep it at the outskirts.

I agree with The Tired Philosopher on this one.

I suggest proliferation of moderators. This will ease the burden on the existing moderation team who, based on the observations of previous posters in this thread, appear to be spread too thin. It will also improve the health of the group mind by having a more diverse group of minds who have a hand in its creation. If The Tired Philosopher thinks he can help you guys out, I say hear him (her?) out.

We need a Zone 5.

Entrust more people with responsibility so that they will begin to take more ownership of our space and add themselves to the list of its active guardians.

The question of L/L's future is a crucial question right now. Bring4th is a very important part of that process. I recently wrote an article called Seven Steps for Starting a Self-Organizing Community. In this article I underscored the importance of a core-group whose purpose is to create and preserve the culture of the group. They exist in round-table relation to each other, but they have more authority than new members not yet admitted into the core-group. This is what moderators should be. I think it would be awesome if almost everyone at Bring4th was a moderator because that would mean that our community would be composed almost entirely of persons whom we can trust. I'm not saying make everyone a moderator, but I am saying that there should be no upper limit on the number of them. If we do not provide an explicit pathway to enter the ranks of the core-group, then we will necessarily attract persons who are immature and therefore cannot moderate themselves while simultaneously repelling those who are do not need to be supervised. My personal perspective is that it is time for Bring4th to decide that its target membership is primarily mature adults and not children in need of supervision. Until this happens, the mystery school idea is just a wild fantasy. Should this happen, though, my own involvement here would no longer be so peripheral.
All is well.
08-03-2015, 05:05 PM,
since my name was invoked in time/space by Elros Tar-Minyatur, I had the honor/responsibility/duty of performing my Splitting Duties.  I am also known in ancient mythology as 'Plenum Scissorhands'.

9 posts were split into a new thread:

[split] the question of study
The following 5 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Elros, isis, JustLikeYou, Parsons
08-17-2015, 01:12 PM,

Having a place where people encountering the Law of One for the first time can find community.  I think the Law of One discussion area is great as well.

I think it's difficult to meet everybody's needs with one site.  Clearly people drift in and out a lot (like me).

There's not much depth here.  I'm not sure there can be.  It's also important, I believe, to have an idea of where study is actually useful.  For example, I'm not sure discussion of archetypes -- at least the kind that happens here on the forum directly -- is very useful and may even get in the way of the kind of intuitive breakthroughs the archetypes are supposed to be stressing over intellectual digestion.

That's one aspect of a broader thing I've noticed about bring4th -- there doesn't seem to be a lot of engagement other than agreeing/disagreeing with a given poster's assertion.  Granted, this is probably inherent in the medium of the forum, but who says B4 has to be a forum, or has to be mostly a forum?

I think membership should continue to be unconditionally open, but I think there needs to be private rooms.  One of the things I love about homecoming are the private conversations that happen spontaneously amongst small groups.  It's hard to have those when somebody who's not privy to the discussion's nuances can just barge in and share an opinion that doesn't build the group's consensus.

They're fine.  The problems are not going to be solved by guideline changes. 

To help introduce people to the spirit of _this_ community.  The guidelines should build off of the specific character of the souls involved, rather than the needs of L/L Research.  So when the mod enforces guidelines, ideally that enforcement should be less about disciplining behavior and more about finding the right outlet for the behavior that harmonizes with others' existing behavior.

I think it's moderated ok, but I haven't seen many of the issues that require moderation.

N/A 

I would focus less on topic-areas and more on finding the natural sub-communities of folks of like mind on B4.  I'd like to see invite-only sub-groups on B4 that coexist with a general discussions across the community.  If you want more study, more depth, create the space for people who work well together to talk without worrying about their conversation being crashed.  Then these sub-communities could share their findings with a greater community.  It's kind of taking the homecoming seminar model to the software Smile

More simplification of the site.  It's a little daunting to grok, and there's a lot of "busy-ness" on the pages with different functions, topics, and concerns for the average visitor to take in.  I'd pare down to the basics.

Great job!  I think the community is due for an overhaul, and I'm pleased that the moderators recognize this Smile

Jeremy
It is not that love will tell you what to do.
It is that love will tell you how to do it with love.
Q'uo 3/19/06
08-18-2015, 10:05 AM,
Thank you to everyone who has contributed feedback, whether positive or negative, whether through this thread or email. Each thought has been and will continue to be heard and considered.

A quick heads up that the digestion process hath begun. Your feedback is being fed into the bellies of the website owners and moderation team where will transpire a considerable process of absorption, assimilation, and, as gastrointestinal processes go, elimination.

There is a lot of material to consider and review, and a lot of work ahead of us, but informed and guided by your thoughts, we hope that within a month’s time we will have a basic plan in place to fine tune and/or restructure the forums and moderation process. By October we hope to roll out those changes.

In accordance with your thoughts and our vision for an improved Bring4th experience, those changes will likely include but are not limited to element such as:
  • Changing the layout, names, number, and, to some extent, adjusting the purpose of the forums. (Yes, a media/art forum is a great idea!)
  • Tweaking the guidelines where needed.
  • Updating the moderator processes, including the prospect of a closed thread to which moderators post of their activities, sharing the moderator standards, defining the role/function of the moderator, articulating what a member can expect (what the process will be) in the event of moderator review, and improving internal processes.
  • Articulating a clearer mission statement.
  • Offering a clearer orientation for new members
  • Etc.
There is still time remaining to reply to the questionnaire if interested. Thank you all again!

Love & Light,
L/L Research

The following 2 users Like bring4th_admin's post:
Raz, The_Tired_Philosopher
08-27-2015, 05:01 PM,
Jeremy6d's thoughts about the mobile experience of Bring4th are very much deserving of further discussion and technical input.

The seed thoughts of Jeremy's and Parson's have been split into a new thread.

[split] Bring4th and the Mobile/Tablet Experience