08-26-2015, 02:33 AM,
RE: 14
By that premise nothing is potentially real in places in my mind. Seems plausible enough for me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2015, 06:51 PM,
Counted 65 posts so far today.

In the idea of infinity, acceptance of all the potentials the mind can think of is required for a balanced union with what is seen of infinity
09-14-2015, 02:58 AM,
-yet the night is oh so still at times-

Things got a bit more active.  Good.  Lets see if we can keep it this way.
09-14-2015, 09:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 09:45 PM by Parsons. Edit Reason: dropped some words )
I've been toying with a theory that threads that have a lot of conflict are a microcosmic example of why the veil is effective.

Conflict (separation) in the forums seems to also increase forum activity in general (not just in the thread with the conflict). I've seen this several times but the only specific example I can recall at the moment is the last time the omnivore vs herbivore debate got very heated. The conflict/separation itself is unpleasant but the amount of activity/progress surrounding it seems to be incredibly powerful. In this case, the core of the conflict seems to be surrounding this thread and the b4th survey project thingy.

With the veil, separation was made possible because those veiled no longer remember Who they are; which in turn allows there to be conflict which allows for much faster progress. Without the veil, everyone was 'divinely happy' but there was a huge issue with stagnation:

82.22 Ra Wrote:Consider, if you will, the tendency of those who are divinely happy, as you call this distortion, to have little urge to alter or better their condition. Such is the result of the mind/body/spirit which is not complex. There is the possibility of love of other-selves and service to other-selves, but there is the overwhelming awareness of the Creator in the self. The connection with the Creator is that of the umbilical cord. The security is total. Therefore, no love is terribly important; no pain terribly frightening; no effort, therefore, is made to serve for love or to benefit from fear.

So in short, it seems that the forums eventually stagnate without any sort of conflict.

Thoughts?
-==-
The following 3 users Like Parsons's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Sabou, tamaryn
09-14-2015, 09:46 PM,
I definitely agree, that is a very astute analysis. I think this is why it's important to balance a divine state with a less balanced version of the self, and I believe these forums allow us to do that in a relatively safe, controlled way.

I see these forums as practice. Not as practice in that my interactions are meaningless but that I'm practicing so I can be ready "on the fly" when interacting with people in person. Here, I can refine my thoughts and projected energy over a period of time to give a piece of myself to present. In every day interactions, the moments are so fleeting and exceedingly unpredictable. Learning different personality types, how they respond to certain things, and most importantly, how to effectively express a loving demeanor are my prime motivations for being here. So I'm happy there's more content for me to interact and learn from, for sure. And I'm also happy if my service is to sometimes "stir the pot" - to redistribute the settled contents into a more dynamic state. And I'm grateful for everyone else here, too, for their pot-stirring and refined expressions of a loving demeanor. I really never know when I'm going to learn something profound just by the delicately poetic string of another's, or my own, thoughts turned into words.
There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.
The following 3 users Like Bring4th_Jade's post:
Parsons, Sabou, Shemaya
10-04-2015, 05:01 AM,
I think you're mistaking human amusement leading to interest.

Conflict doesn't fuel activity, it draws spectators who also being human, divest their attention temporarily to that place where conflict is, then participate around the area as they know to do.

I don't really want that kind of activity, I'd rather new members or old one's returning to interact, or those who lurk to post more, than a fight being the grist for the mill of activity.

...Also, I did not see these last two replies yet the thread said it was read, sorry for randomly replying two weeks later o:
10-04-2015, 05:23 AM,
I was thinking of this thread today!

Enlightenment means that you allow all aspects of your being. Enlightenment equals love. -Jeshua
The following 1 user Likes tamaryn's post:
isis
10-04-2015, 10:26 AM,
I don't see it as fighting. I see it as using blue-ray energy to interact with co-creators, and finding our own truth through our agreements or lack thereof.
There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.
10-04-2015, 10:59 AM,
No, I agree with that, I just don't see the linear logic of more brass interactions between members creating more forum activity in a sense that is anything beyond temporary due to how people typically are around such interactions within an area.
10-04-2015, 02:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 02:04 PM by Kaaron.)
There are a few (I use the term loosely) members that tend to be more interested in making profound statements that justify their viewpoint than trying to find common ground that leads to understanding.
This is, I feel, where a lot of the inactivity stems from.
10-04-2015, 02:21 PM,
I can resonate with that deeply. Basically the advertised nature of the board which isn't actually present?

The non adhered guidelines in a sense?
10-04-2015, 05:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 08:09 PM by Kaaron.)
Indeed. It could be quite intimidating to a person who's perhaps not as confident about their world view to put their innermost thoughts out there on a forum like this. It seems to me that some prefer picking apart viewpoints and arguing technicalities over trying to see the heart of a situation by truly empathising and transcending the ego to find a more united perspective.

Just an observation, not a judgement.
The following 1 user Likes Kaaron's post:
outerheaven
10-04-2015, 09:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 09:57 PM by Parsons.)
(10-04-2015, 05:01 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote:  I think you're mistaking human amusement leading to interest.

Conflict doesn't fuel activity, it draws spectators who also being human, divest their attention temporarily to that place where conflict is, then participate around the area as they know to do.

I don't really want that kind of activity, I'd rather new members or old one's returning to interact, or those who lurk to post more, than a fight being the grist for the mill of activity.

...Also, I did not see these last two replies yet the thread said it was read, sorry for randomly replying two weeks later o:

You seem to be saying the same thing as me in a different way. I would agree that many people here (myself included, to a certain degree anyways) are guilty of 'human amusement that leads to interest'. 

What I'm arguing is that increased interest in that thread also increases interest in other topics and/or makes them more likely to post a new topic.

To make a (somewhat weird) analogy, its as though the collective forum is sitting in a comfortable chair dozing off. Someone in the kitchen starts having an argument which causes the person to snap awake. Because they have increased attention, they decide to do something more positive / productive unrelated to the argument that woke them up.

Specifically, I think people fully or partially read a thread where people are fighting. They spend some time reading that, then either get bored or sick of the mud flinging or finish reading the thread. Because they have already spent some time on the forums, they start reading other threads. Whereas if they quickly check the forums and don't see any interesting threads (IE mud slinging thread du jour) or no updates to threads they are interested in, they move on right away and don't browse through new threads or consider posting.
-==-