Moderator Issues
04-29-2010, 07:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 12:54 PM by bring4th_admin.)
Moderator Issues
(04-29-2010, 02:38 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote:  Chimps behave like humans when grieving

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/36811790#36811790

Hi Monica- If you want to educate the folks about this topic then why don't you start a blog, instead of turning this forum topic into a blog of yours.

That would be consistent with what you asked Fairy to do that is to remove her Love and Light message and links from this forum and post them into the blog section.

If you don't think it is the same thing then what stops someone from starting a post about Love and Light related topic and Fairy to start posting her links in that post everyday.

If we follow rules then we should all follow rules.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2010, 08:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 12:55 PM by bring4th_admin.)
Re: Moderator Issues
(04-29-2010, 07:18 AM)thefool Wrote:  
(04-29-2010, 02:38 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote:  Chimps behave like humans when grieving

Hi Monica- If you want to educate the folks about this topic then why don't you start a blog, instead of turning this forum topic into a blog of yours.

That would be consistent with what you asked Fairy to do that is to remove her Love and Light message and links from this forum and post them into the blog section.

If you don't think it is the same thing then what stops someone from starting a post about Love and Light related topic and Fairy to start posting her links in that post everyday.

If we follow rules then we should all follow rules.

Gosh, thefool, I'm really confused. You said that you liked "education and information to create awareness" right after making it very clear that you didn't like my efforts to start deep discussions (about killing animals) from a Law of One perspective:

(04-06-2010, 08:51 AM)thefool Wrote:  
(04-05-2010, 11:52 PM)Peregrinus Wrote:  This is a video where Michael Klaper M.D. talks about the effects on the body from eating animals and dairy. He graphically shows the effects in slides and videos as well as tells you why and whats going on with your body when your eating this sort of diet.
No army is as powerful as an idea whose time has come. ~ Victor Hugo.

Thanks for the information. You brought some joy to my heart Heart. The education and information is what we need to create awareness about a vegetarian diet. Which I believe simplifies life in many ways. Our job is to create awareness and then people can chose how they want to live...

You praised Peregrinus for posting a link to an informative video promoting vegetarianism and exposing the meat industry.

But then, when I post a similar (informative) link, without any commentary, I am accused of turning this discussion into a blog?? I'm confused. You just said you liked "education and information." I honestly don't understand what you're getting at here. Huh

(Incidentally, I have seen Dr. Klaper lecture live and I highly recommend the video that Peregrinus posted, for anyone interested in the effects of animal 'foods' on health.)

Active participation in threads is allowed. Moderators are members too. The other mods and I all participate in discussions that are of interest to us.

Blogs are also allowed, but in the blogs section.

Fairy's blog was moved to the blogs section because...it's a blog! This is just routine maintenance. As Gary stated, "You can see it simply as a matter of putting the socks in the sock drawer and the shorts in the shorts drawer."

If you have some questions or wish to dispute any moderator actions, please send a pm to me or any of the other mods. We discuss these issues together and make decisions together. Any time any major moderator action occurs, you can be sure the 3 of us reached a unanimous decision.

Again, please feel free to pm us privately if you wish to dispute any decisions, or if you can be more specific about your perception that rules are being broken. We don't do much moderating here on Bring4th, and we try to be fair, but we are always open to feedback!
05-01-2010, 07:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 12:55 PM by bring4th_admin.)
RE: Moderator Issues
(04-30-2010, 08:08 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote:  Gosh, thefool, I'm really confused.

I can have that effect on people Smile

I really did not mind posting links UNTIL you asked Fairy to move her multiple posts with links to the blog's section on April 25th .

Here is what she has written in another thread about that-
Quote:04-25-2010, 10:17 AM Post: #11
RE: Beingness
It is not allowed on the forum. It was erased from the forum. Even though the reaction to the material was extremely positive-- And I was asked to repost it in the blog area... From what I can see in the blog area... not much activity there.

If I was to post the link on this forum... you would erase the post and send me a message that it is not allowed on the forum.

fairyfarmgirl

And on April 29th you yourself placed a link on this discussion. That was right after another post with a just a quote on April 13th. With there being no discussion after April 13th post. It is as if you will just keep posting your links with or without any relevant discussion on those links/quotes. That is more like a blog to me.

So I only asked that rules be applied fairly to all. If she is not allowed on April 25 then you should not do it either four days later...
05-03-2010, 06:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 12:55 PM by bring4th_admin.)
(04-29-2010, 07:18 AM)thefool Wrote:  

You know...there was so much discord about all this that I decided to kind of stay out of the meat eating conversation and subsequent threads. Even so, I continued to read the thread and judging by the huge number of views, other people are lurking as well.

It's just my opinion, but I thought the links posted by Peregrinus and Monica were relevant. I like the concept of reviewing external sources of info that are on-topic instead of so much heated internal discussion. It makes it less personal. Do you have a link to add from a totally different angle? If so, I'd like to review it as I think it would add to the discussion.

As I understand it, a blog is a one-sided discourse, whereas this thread is a conversation between several people with differing views. Comparing that to a blog is kind of like comparing apples to lawnmowers. Also, I'm glad some other posters (like fairy) posted in older threads (like the picture thread!) so that latecomers can add their 2 cents. Same thing with the video share thread, I hope that one never ends!!

To be honest, I'd actually welcome any additional links that anyone has on the topic, either pro or con. I'd just like to remind everyone that we can passionately and respectfully disagree while still loving eachother as reflections of the Infinite Creator.

Peace and light to you, brother, and love to all.
05-03-2010, 07:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 12:56 PM by bring4th_admin.)
(05-01-2010, 07:30 AM)thefool Wrote:  And on April 29th you yourself placed a link on this discussion. That was right after another post with a just a quote on April 13th. With there being no discussion after April 13th post. It is as if you will just keep posting your links with or without any relevant discussion on those links/quotes. That is more like a blog to me.

So I only asked that rules be applied fairly to all. If she is not allowed on April 25 then you should not do it either four days later...

Respectfully, thefool, fairy's blog being moved to the blogs section had nothing to do with multiple posts. There is no rule against posting twice, 2 weeks apart! Happens all the time! In addition, just because there might not be a post during a 2-week period, does not mean that members aren't reading the thread. This particular thread gained well over 200 views in the last 2 weeks (the time period in which I posted twice), and has had 4136 views as of this writing.

I ask you again: Please handle disputes via the private messaging system, so as to not derail the topic of this thread. I have sent you a pm. All moderator disputes are discussed amongst all 3 mods, not just me, and all major moderating decisions (which don't happen very often) are decided by consensus.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
05-03-2010, 07:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 12:56 PM by bring4th_admin.)
Very respectfully, due to the "clicks" in these forums and due to the lack of warmth from the moderators toward the newer members, I told myself I would not post any more - until I read this thread. I really had high hopes for this place. There seems to be so much Ego in these forums and very "click'ish". Very surprising and disappointing. I agree with thefool. Monica, please step outside of the box, re-read thefools original post at a different angle, then apologize to Fairy and thefool. By insisting that only things that are not agreed on and/or goes against the moderators opinions needs to be in a PM, (hiding issues that have to do with the member area forums), is insulting to all other members. What is good for one, regardless if that one has the so-called power of being a moderator or not, should be good for the masses / non moderators. Remember, if there were no members, the moderators would be only moderating themselves. Do not hide from or fear karma that needs to be worked out. Instead acknowledge it and welcome it for a resolve and to conquer that karma and lesson and grow/evolve from it.
The following 1 user Likes Sorrun's post:
Bring4th_Plenum
05-03-2010, 08:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 12:56 PM by bring4th_admin.)
(05-03-2010, 07:58 PM)Sorrun Wrote:  Very respectfully, due to the "clicks" in these forums and due to the lack of warmth from the moderators toward the newer members,

This comes as a complete surprise to me! I had no idea you felt that way, and I've never heard anyone say that before about our forum.

What do you mean by lack of warmth? Do you mean because you didn't receive a personal greeting from a mod?

There are 3 mods here. I handle the day-to-day stuff, Steve handles the technical stuff, and Gary works for Jim & Carla, so is very busy, but gets involved as needed.

Actually, I'm very busy too. I have 2 businesses, a family, 11 animals, and volunteer work. So I apologize for not greeting you personally! I make time to handle moderator issues daily, but greeting each new member just isn't something I've been able to carve out some time for.

It's an excellent idea, though! Maybe as our community grows, we'll have more volunteers who can help with that sort of thing.

For now, we're it. Gary, Steve and I do discuss any major decisions, and decide on a course of action unanimously. Such was the case with Fairy's blog (which is becoming quite famous by now!).

What you might not be aware of is that this forum is rather new. Everyone is a relatively new member!

(05-03-2010, 07:58 PM)Sorrun Wrote:  There seems to be so much Ego in these forums and very "click'ish". Very surprising and disappointing.

Again, I am surprised. I've belonged to several other forums in which it was commonplace for members to call one another nasty names whenever they disagreed, and another forum in which every post was monitored - members couldn't post freely and often got censored.

I think this is a pretty warm and fuzzy place, by comparison! I hope you'll stick around and get to know some of us. Not everyone posts daily or even weekly. But, over time, you'll undoubtedly make friends and just might start feeling warm and fuzzy towards us!

For now, a big HUG to you! Heart

(05-03-2010, 07:58 PM)Sorrun Wrote:  I agree with thefool. Monica, please step outside of the box, re-read thefools original post at a different angle, then apologize to Fairy and thefool.

Respectfully, Sorrun, there has been much correspondence between myself, the other mods, and other members that you aren't aware of. I invite you to refrain from judgment when you don't have all the facts.

(05-03-2010, 07:58 PM)Sorrun Wrote:  By insisting that only things that are not agreed on and/or goes against the moderators opinions needs to be in a PM,

That's not it at all. We welcome respectful disagreement!

I can see how it might look that way, but no, it has nothing to do with disagreement. It is simply a request to not derail discussions and drag negativity into the forum unnecessarily.

(05-03-2010, 07:58 PM)Sorrun Wrote:  (hiding issues that have to do with the member area forums), is insulting to all other members.

When a moderator action is taken, the member is notified via pm. This is to protect the privacy of the member. A particular member's concerns are not made public, because it's really none of anyone else's business.

Such was the case here. Private messages were sent to any members involved. A request was made to continue the discourse privately, so as not to disrupt the discussion.

I've seen members leave other forums before, because 'drama' got dragged out publicly and ruined a discussion they were interested in.

So we have a very good reason for not wanting disputes taking over a thread.

However, we don't shy away from feedback! In fact, there are several threads specifically about suggestions, and yes, even complaints, about this forum. We never deleted the complaints. They are there for all to see, and members are welcome to participate in those threads if they wish. We just ask that members post their complaints...in one of the complaints threads! Or pm us...rather than disrupting other threads that have nothing to do with the complaint. This is a thread about meat eating. It has nothing to do with some other thread that got moved to a different section of the forum. For the sake of those who are actually interested in this thread's topic, can everyone please honor forum guidelines and refrain from derailing this thread further?

blessings and peace to you.
05-04-2010, 04:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 12:57 PM by bring4th_admin.)
To be fair there is a core group in this forum which has established itself over years. From the outside I imagine this can seem cliquish but that doesn't mean it is. You can get in there easily. In any social group a new member needs to find his place in the new group. And this almost never goes without some friction. And certainly the history of the members in this forum would reveal that we've had this same situation a few times before. Just like it would not be fair for the group to blame the newcomer for every bit of friction. Blaming the group for the friction perceived by the newcomer isn't fair either. You're just as much a part of the problem yourself. When you go visit new people in real life you don't expect them all to bend over backward to accommodate your personal desires either. Newcomers usually check things out first. Categorize people and figure out the lay of the land and then take their own place in the new group with a little bit of trial and error.

I am certain everyone here would be willing to listen to advice and insights any newcomers might have. Knowing how we are perceived from the outside is important if we are to steer our behavior into positive directions.

However the insinuations that Monica or anyone else in this forum's administration is insulting to members or ego tripping and keeping the rest of the forum in the dark about conflicts or whatever is simply not truth. Speak for yourself please, do not speak for me on such matters.

This forum is a little different than other forums. There is a lot of love/light fluff, but people also tell the truth as they see it, sometimes the truth hurts. It takes some time to get used to it. And you're not the first who had to adapt. Either you want to be a part of it, or you don't. Do not expect things to be run differently just because you showed up.

One of our generations bigger issues is our incredible Mr. Rogers invoked sense of entitled-ness... The world revolves around us. Only in real life... It doesn't...

Still, it's true, I'm sure we can all agree that Monica has this big thing about animal rights that she gets really really Fiery about... Lets get over it. Other people have other issues. And she's telling the truth fact by fact. This doesn't mean you can't eat meat. You just can't easily close your eyes to the consequences with her around. As far as I'm concerned I want insight in the consequences of my own behavior.

I'm not trying to upset anyone. I'm not a moderator I haven't been here the longest, I don't have most posts or fewest, I'm just an average bloke on this forum. I'm hoping for the usual outcome. Because usually after these events the people involved become more involved with bring4th. And we're all going to have to swallow some things. I'm suggesting taking a step back from this and looking at it more objectively and asking yourself flatly what you're trying to gain. If your intent is to prove a point you won't actually prove it the way it's going now. You'll only antagonize people. It'd be much wiser to be much more diplomatic about this and really specific about what you think is wrong. Aim for the behaviors and do not criticize the people. If you still want this group to fulfill your high hopes you might want to swallow and adapt. Because yes it can. But no not on your terms. Growth is always intense. It always requires you to step outside your comfort zone. Ego based fears often won't let us. And this is the tug of war that we're all perceiving individually in this context.

The universe does not give you what you want when you want it it gives what you need to teach you your life's lessons. Do you think your coming to this forum is exempt from life and does not require the same approach? Entry into this forum has been a very emotional and intense experience for many people before you. Deal with it, there will be tougher nuts to crack in the coming years.

This isn't a drama, we can easily talk about it. Monica isn't the bad person you sketch her to be, and I don't believe any of you are bad persons either. So lets fix this.
05-04-2010, 10:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 12:57 PM by bring4th_admin.)
I am sorry that I ever shared that I had created a place of love and light here. It has grown so far from what I was trying to share that I just am ready to cease being here. I am sorry that I did not read the forum guidelines and posted links to stuff that I had put together. I am also sorry that I felt singled out for doing so. I will explain why. It is a big step for me to create something and share it with others. I sincerely respected all of you and wished to share my creation. When it was removed it was challenging and still is for me to resolve that the creation I was trying to share was rejected.

I know these are my issues. I am working on them.

I wish you all well. It is time for me to move on.

Fairyfarmgirl
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2010, 01:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-06-2010, 08:08 PM by bring4th_admin.)
Dear Bring4th members:

The issue that recently began brewing in the “In regards to eating meat” thread necessitates an official response from L/L Research. Please know that this response is something undertaken proactively, it does not come at the request of any member or moderator.

THE RELOCATION OF FAIRYFARMGIRL’S THREAD
Though a certain discontent (about which we'll discuss more below) had been developing in Bring4th member thefool for some time in response to the viewpoints of Bring4th_Monica during the course of the “In regards to eating meat” thread, what gave thefool grounds for his recent accusation of wrongdoing against Monica was what he felt to be an inconsistency between the relocation of Fairyfarmgirl’s thread and Monica's own posting.

To recap the relocated thread incident:

Fairyfarmgirl used the Corkboard sub-forum to create a new thread for the purpose of linking to her blog outside of Bring4th. There is no harm in this action, but the Corkboard was not the place for posting this because that sub-forum exists for the sharing and recommending of products and services. Further, the blog contained “outside” channeling.

After substantial discussion among all three moderators regarding the interpretation and application of the guidelines in this matter, Fairy was politely, courteously, respectfully asked to repost the link in the blog section of Bring4th.

This decision involved all three moderators. It was not an action taken by Bring4th_Monica alone. In fact, the same action would have been taken in Monica’s absence.

When Fairyfarmgirl expressed being upset over the decision, Bring4th_GLB wrote her saying:

Quote:It is in no way a judgment on the worth of your blog.

Though all three of us enjoy your posts and your "energy" overall, we were in consensus on this point: the sharing in the forums of a link to ones own website containing other sources of channeled information, if permitted, could effectively become a means of circumventing guideline number three, the one dealing with "outside" sources of information. (We just posted an analysis of this guideline in the Guidelines sub-forum at http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=1120.)

Our thinking was that anyone could post a link to a website or blog of their own creation in order to promote other channeled sources. It is not that we are attempting to discourage the seeker from reading and studying and enjoying other sources of channeled material on their own path (Monica, Steve, and I all read more than what L/L Research offers). Rather it is that we are attempting to honor guideline number three and keep the focus of the forums about the L/L Research material and ones relationship to it.

RIGHT TO EXPRESS OPINION THAT DOES NOT VIOLATE THE GUIDELINES
The other two moderators don’t see eye-to-eye with everything that Monica had written in the meat-eating thread. Bring4th_GLB disagrees wholly with the notion of comparing meat-eating of humanely slaughtered animals to what amounts to criminal activity.

Monica is however both entitled to her own opinion and has a full right to express that opinion in a thread discussing an issue very close to her heart. She is passionate in her expression of her opinions because they are topics about which she is passionate.

In the course of this thread, Monica, though challenging and questioning assumptions, did not deviate from her characteristic stance of offering respect to those with whom she is conversing, even if their thinking is diametrically opposite her own. In fact, earlier in the evolution of this thread, Monica wrote the other two moderators, Steve and Gary, requesting that they review her writing in order to ensure that her contributions were appropriate. Being a rather transparent individual who is relentless in her desire to self-police and be the best moderator and member she can be, she has taken great pains to soften her views and restrict her full expression in order not to offend anyone, including refraining from participating in a couple of other threads she would have liked to contribute to.

It was Monica's choice of language and analogy that galvanized thefool into a defensive posture. He genuinely felt that "hate" language was being used and a group of people (i.e., non-vegetarians) were under the attack of aggressive and less than loving claims. Feeling this to be moving beyond the realm of mere discussion and into accusation and condemnation, he did what he felt was right and pushed back, so to speak.

We can understand that Monica's views in this case are controversial and potentially button-pushing. If you happen to find her viewpoints on this particular matter inherently disrespectful or offensive to what you believe, then please respectfully explain this to Monica, publicly or privately, in the attempt not to be right, but to reach a peaceful resolution of conflicting viewpoints.

(Update May 6: Monica wrote a post explaining in greater depth and detail why she made an argument in those terms. Seeking to discontinue possible causes of future disharmony, she has also relinquished the use of this language.)

TWO POSTS, ONE WITH A LINK, ONE WITH A BRIEF QUOTE, DO NOT CONSTITUTE “SOAPBOXING” OR BLOGGING
There is neither rule nor unspoken standard which says that someone cannot post twice to a thread, two weeks a part, with a link and a brief quote – even if activity on that thread has died down. In each of Monica’s two postings, the information linked to and quoted was completely relevant to the discussion.

thefool felt that Monica's two posts to the "In regards to eating meat" thread did not constitute discussion, but rather an attempt to push an agenda in a one-way communication that would be better served in a blog. He perceived what he felt was an inconsistency. He saw what he felt was Monica posting in a manner which was consistent with blogging shortly after Fairy was asked to relocate her blog to the blog section of the website. Recognizing what he genuinely felt to be unfairness, he sought to bring it to public attention where he felt that truth has a better chance of being made visible than it does through private channels.

A salient point exists about genuine, two way, back-and-forth discussion. If a member did continually post their viewpoint to a thread without this sort of interaction, than it certainly would fall under the category of “soapboxing” and pushing one’s agenda. However, this point was not reached in Monica’s two brief posts. The moderators consequently disagree completely with the assertion that Monica's posts were indistinguishable from the activity of blogging.

There is a fine line between soap-boxing and passionately defending one’s point of view. It is thought to become the former when a) the person is not seeking discussion but one-way promulgation of one’s thoughts and b) the person ceases posting material relevant to an already existing discussion.

RESPECT: THE NAME OF THE GAME ON BRING4TH.ORG
Fundamentally we are all equal no matter the office we occupy, but the office of moderator itself does indeed deserve respect, not simply the name of it but the work and the responsibility it involves. Monica works hard to do the job that L/L Research has tasked her with, that of enforcing the guidelines with firmness and compassion. After working with Monica for over a year and a half, Carla, Gary, and Steve feel lucky that L/L Research has her volunteer service as chief moderator.

Monica is always there and never fails to fulfill her role. She never abuses her privileges and always consults with Steve and Gary on larger decisions. And in everything she does she attempts to communication compassion. Carla, Steve, and Gary all feel without reservation that Monica not only does an impeccable job of enforcing and applying the guidelines, but more importantly represents the spirit of L/L Research.

If you enjoy the exceptional quality of love and light present in the forums, you can attribute some of that to Monica’s daily work. Yes, we all create the vibration here on a daily basis, but Monica is an important factor in keeping this ship on course.

As it is expected that members respect one another, it is also expected the members will respect the work and the burden and the office of moderator.

SHOULD A GENUINE ISSUE ARISE ABOUT A MODERATOR OR A DECISION OF THE MODERATORS…
Firstly, it is in exceedingly poor taste to take an issue out publicly instead of PM’ing one or all three of the moderators.

The forum in one sense belongs to us all. It belongs to the over 1,000 members. In another sense, it is the forum of L/L Research who invites you into its meeting ground. When you are in the home of L/L Research and L/L Research (its representative therein) politely requests that you cooperatively and mutually work *your* issue out in another room so as not to disturb the conversation and reduce the vibe, you could, if you were so inclined, offer the homeowner that simple, basic courtesy.

If you decide you are upset about something, it is not well to stand in the calm water we all enjoy and thrash your arms about in displeasure. This is L/L Research, there is no need to expose some kind of corrupt undercurrent of wrongdoing, making a stink of things and sowing discord publicly. (If there ever becomes that need, then L/L Research will have lost its way.) Members of this forum could not come by people more willing to please and more willing to respectfully work through an issue you may have than here.

When analogies of the homeowner or of calm water are employed above, it is because shooting fire and making accusations publicly tends to breed more of its type, creating divisions and antagonistic energy and complexities that make the restoration of harmony more and more difficult.

As thefool stated, rules should indeed be enforced fairly. All three moderators would readily agree. To help safeguard against any one moderator abusing the privilege and acting impetuously or unfairly, it is standard protocol for all three moderators to discuss how the guidelines apply to a given situation before taking action.

Anytime you feel something less than fair is happening, please bring it to the moderators’ attention before making an issue of it on the forums. We think you will be satisfied with the level of “customer service” and cooperation from and among moderators on issues of moderating the forums.

Also, we do not ask that you refrain from engaging in critical thought on the forums. If you see something you would like improved or would like to offer a critical review of a guideline, please feel free to use Olio for that purpose. We ask only that this fine-tuned love radiating machine that is the forums not be disrupted with the energy of accusation and condemnation. ALL things may be communicated with love.

The moderators of Bring4th genuinely, sincerely want to maximize the joy which each who uses these forums experiences. Thus the reason for the lengths to which the moderators go, especially Monica, to explain why a decision was made.

You have our word that we strive for consistency and fairness and try to do as little moderating as possible!

Finally, Carla, Jim, Gary, & Steve all stand behind Monica. She is a brilliant, shining example of professional, balanced, wise and compassionate moderating. We trust her with all our heart and find no flaw with her freely given service.

Thank you,
L/L Research
05-04-2010, 04:41 PM,
We all make mistakes. Tolerance, acceptance is peace. But if holding on to a particular thought or opinion feels justified for you, then there's not much another can do but to accept that.

Do not feel bad about yourselves, my friends. Not you fairy, monica, thefool or anyone. I forgive you. Can you forgive yourselves and others?
Blaming one's limits upon another is merely transfering the negativity inside you to another. Please forgive yourselves.
05-04-2010, 07:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 07:45 PM by Sorrun.)
Due to how things were handled from the post from the Admin and also the the PM's i received from members.....
I think I will stick around a while and be more active in the forums if you will still have me.

The the end result or after effect, I feel, seems to be of a healing energy to me. Don't know what I/We did, to get this lesson/karma, as each of us probably experienced the lesson on different levels for our individual growth, but seems we did just fine at the end in a timely manner.

I Love You All

(05-04-2010, 07:37 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote:  For now, a big HUG to you! Heart
Thanks! Big Grin
Back at'cha girl!
((((Monica))))
05-04-2010, 08:30 PM,
Friction is inherent in 3rd density. One of our assignments here is to learn to allow it, without letting it put us off stride. Completion of this assignment is necessary to advance to higher densities.

I belong to many forums, and it is my perception that this one is the most courteous and respectful of all I have experienced.

The guidelines of this forum exist merely to keep us focused. They are in no way intended to stifle or control any entity.

No person who posts here should feel persecuted or unappreciated. The love that we feel for all of you has no bounds or conditions.
05-04-2010, 10:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2010, 10:29 PM by thefool.)
Thank you everyone for your kind words and thanks to all the people who PM'ed me about this. Definitely the love on this forum is significant and that is an undeniable factual observation. You are all amazing.

Monica- I have to say that in the end you handled yourself very gracefully and with humility. I really appreciate how you made Sorrun feel welcome by personally writing to him.

I still stand where I do but feel a lot better about the whole thing.
(05-04-2010, 01:15 PM)Bring4th_Admin Wrote:  Also, much of what is said below comes directly from the off-forum communication between Bring4th_GLB and thefool, both of whom are personal friends.

I can not say who is doing this address to the people post but those off-forum communications between GLB and thefool were private and then this recap is very one sided.
05-05-2010, 01:34 AM,
Thanks everyone for being yourselves Smile
05-05-2010, 02:28 PM,
I have followed this thread for a couple of days, not posting because I wanted to see how things worked out. Compared to other forums I have been part of, my friends here at bring4th have been stellar examples of the Law of One. I am sorry feelings have been hurt, but that's part of the "weave" of any group. Thanks to all of you for ironing out the conflict in a conscious way. I echo ayadew, too

Thanks all for being yourselves. Smile

Heart
Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light. ~Yogi Tea~
05-05-2010, 02:45 PM,
Well done everyone Smile This is what sets bring4th apart.
Wabi-sabi! Beauty through apparent imperfection.
05-05-2010, 05:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2010, 05:54 PM by Sorrun.)
So....... should we cause more drama and more conflicts, then patch things up, just to show once again how awesome we are as a group???
LOL - just kidding Tongue
05-06-2010, 04:06 AM,
All,

I'm glad to see that we had a fair chance to vent our views. It seems that at a minimum, we have been respectful enough to "agree to disagree". That is huge in and of itself, to see so many unique personalities working hard to "weave" into one community, as Haqiqu eloquently stated.

Admittedly, I still get bummed with some of the reactions that I read whenever content needs to be moved, better organized, or in rare cases, cleaned/removed.

We've been live for a little over a year now, and after thousands of posts, only recently has Bring4th had its first real issue with how forums contributions are being managed.

I feel that even though a lot of views were covered within this thread so far, I still need to emphasize this one point: Moderators have to sometimes play "bad cop" to keep the "house" clean. With thousands of posts to moderate, it becomes an enormous challenge to keep threads on topic and properly positioned. At times when we see threads go off on tangents or change subject matter altogether, we step in and try to steer the threads back to the original seed thought.

To complicate this never-ending housecleaning chore, we also have a set of forum guidelines to moderate by, which were thoughtfully culled from everyone at L/L Research. It is important to remember that Monica did not create these rules! Rather, she is passionately fulfilling her voluntary role, and being rightfully stringent in reminding members of the guidelines when the moderate team feels it is appropriate. If any member were to look through even the earliest of threads on Bring4th, Monica can be seen countless times diffusing and nurturing many topics that could have gotten off track and even contentious. The moderator team has often commented to each other that enforcing guidelines is one of our least favorite activities at Bring4th, even though it sometimes becomes quite necessary.

At the same time, Monica is an equal member of this community, and she is allowed to express her opinions within the guidelines just as the rest of us are. If she were to publicly oppose a thread and then make a deliberate moderator action to suppress the view of another member, then there would be a problem! Since this has not happened, it demonstrates that Monica's contributions and opinions are that of Monica the Member, even when there are different views expressed on any given topic.

But back to the bigger picture... Please don't forget that as lightworkers, we are mirroring ourselves to each other in a most intense way, offering each other catalyst by viewing our shadow-Selves and taking the opportunity to decide if we wish to hold onto our lower-vibration traits or to allow Love to transmute them so that they can be overcome (and in some cases, so Karma can be released).

The choice is up to us in how we wish to respond to each others' mirrored reflections, as we are all on our own paths of spiritual development. This community has proven to be very loving and supportive since its inception, as evidenced by all the posts. If there is something that rubs you the wrong way, please take a look at why it bothers you at first, before reacting in public. Maybe even begin a personal dialogue to first understand the energies involved that caused an inner reaction. I'm certain that most of us do not wish to experience the drama and denser vibrations that come with conflict. By the way a majority of our posts appear, it is quite evident we are working in the opposite direction! Therefore, if most of us (including the moderators) are here to work towards the light, why would anyone wish to deliberately sabotage that goal by trivial means?

Again, as moderators, we are only trying to organize content, to keep threads aligned and properly categorized, block negative spammers and bots, and prevent the proliferation of lower-vibration forum contributions that take the form of STS material--all of which, is more easier said than done! :-)

So if you are still thinking of leaving here, that is more than fine--it may be part of your journey! But please don't leave because you think there are souls working against you. If that were the case, other members would pick up on this injustice and come to your defense. It is more likely you are simply working/learning with your own lower-vibration energy patterns and thought forms, which may not be as accessible through other daily interactions and experiences.

Just food for thought.. Much love!
Steve
05-06-2010, 04:50 AM,
(05-06-2010, 04:06 AM)Bring4th_Steve Wrote:  Please don't forget that as lightworkers, we are mirroring ourselves to each other in a most intense way, offering each other catalyst by viewing our shadow-Selves and taking the opportunity to decide if we wish to hold onto our lower-vibration traits or to allow Love to transmute them so that they can be overcome (and in some cases, so Karma can be released).
Amen.. Very wise words. Any conflict we have with anyone, first and foremost is a conflict we have with ourselves.

When Luke Skywalker went to the Dagobah system before he fought Darth vader in the cave. He asked Yoda what was in the cave... Yoda replied that in the cave was only what Luke brought in there.

We all bring our dark selves into all situations. The conflicts we end up fighting are usually shadow fights with ourselves. Where the other person involved fights not so much with you. But with their shadow selves. We just project our shadows unto each other.
05-06-2010, 10:34 AM,
I think Monica does a heck of a job. Being a Moderator on a forum is tough. Whatever you do will never please everyone. So just go with the decisions that resonate with you and everything will shake out…eventually.

Richard
The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers. ~ Brian Greene

The following 1 user Likes Richard's post:
Bring4th_Plenum
05-11-2010, 08:14 PM,
Dear friends,

Thanks to everyone who has vocally or silently pumped love into this situation, it certainly needed it!

I wanted to add my two cents with a note of speculation about the strong possibility of negative greeting ("psychic attack") being an integral element of this episode.

Having had the opportunity to live in spiritual community and the blessing of working with other spiritually oriented individuals on a frequent basis over the years, I have seen this type of communication breakdown happen before. While it can happen between any two people regardless of the presence or absence of spiritual seeking, I think that those who stand "closer" to the light are more prone to this type of greeting.

I call it a type because there are a few hallmark, almost unmistakable signs, including an intensity of emotion that goes beyond the content of the discussion or disagreement, a difficult or sometimes outright inability to hear and/or understand the other party or parties, and most telling of all, a confusion about the intention of the other party or a certainty about the negative intention of the other party.

Invariably during this type of disagreement/dispute, one or both parties see a sinister, selfish, hurtful, or less than loving intention behind the action of the other. In my experience this happens without fail. Because the intention of another is seldom clear and visible, we are often forced to deduce intention by a combination of guesswork and analysis of behavior in the absence of mutual trust and honest communication.

If we are emotionally/energetically blocked for some reason when it comes time to guess the intention of the other by filling in what to us is a blank, we become targets of negative discarnate entities who are more than happy to help fill in that blank space.

I can of course never know that negative greeting is at play, but certain disputes between people (of which I have played a participating role many times), have a peculiar... smell... or taste... or air about them that suggests that there is more at work behind the scenes, something seeking to increase disharmony and separation. It can sometimes be a tough hurdle to overcome because once parties are backed into that dark corner, vision becomes skewed and the open heart obscured.

I'm happy that Bring4th maintained its fine-tuning and did not descend into further separation. Thank you to everyone for your support and thank you, Monica, for continuing to serve your fellow members and L/L Research so well.

Much love,
GLB

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
05-11-2010, 08:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2010, 08:52 PM by Monica.)
Very astute observation, Gary! This could indeed be a factor.

Thanks to Gary, and thanks to everyone!

Including all the people who pm'ed me with well wishes, and all the people who joined with me in providing catalyst for one another. We all must love one another a lot, to be willing to help one another grow and evolve! So...THANK YOU! Big Grin

Time for a...

GROUP HUG!!!

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart
05-12-2010, 09:11 AM,
With this, we know more about eachother, and we are closer. And it is beautiful.
05-12-2010, 01:51 PM,
Amen!
05-13-2010, 01:01 AM,
I find your message to be rather negative Gary. What are you trying to say? :p
I would request for all of those reading my words, please guard well your thoughts. If my words resonate, then by all means take them and use them as you can. If they do not resonate, please let them fall away like water does from a ducks back, and move on. Love/Light, Adonai.
05-13-2010, 06:24 AM,
(05-13-2010, 01:01 AM)Peregrinus Wrote:  I find your message to be rather negative Gary. What are you trying to say? :p
Oh Boy! Here we go again, LOL Tongue
05-13-2010, 09:07 PM,
(05-13-2010, 01:01 AM)Peregrinus Wrote:  I find your message to be rather negative Gary. What are you trying to say? :p

Peregrinus, I know you've hated me all along and now the truth has come out, hasn't it.

Do you remember a cheesy show called American Gladiators? I hope you do, because we are going to get giant nerf, Q-Tip-like weapons and battle this out, my friend. Or should I say, my nemesis.

Big Grin lol

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
05-14-2010, 12:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2010, 10:22 AM by Peregrinus.)
Hate? Sorry brother, I am unable to hate...

American Gladiators lol? I always enjoyed that show, though I thought it was far too easy for real men MUHAHA! I would have made things much more difficult for them. You have to remember, I was infantry for 8 years (3 in Recon). Carrying an 80 lb pack for a five mile run in the morning was what I considered a relaxing morning jog. There was much tougher training than that in the (un-named) unit I was in.

In the military we called fighting with the Q-Tip sticks Pugil or Bayonet training, and yes my brother, I have experience in that, so if that be your weapon of choice... I can oblige, but I think we may be better off with a game of chess over a nice cup of cocoa, hehe Smile
I would request for all of those reading my words, please guard well your thoughts. If my words resonate, then by all means take them and use them as you can. If they do not resonate, please let them fall away like water does from a ducks back, and move on. Love/Light, Adonai.
05-14-2010, 12:44 AM,
Boys, boys, boys! It's getting a little hot in here with all that testosterone flying around! Tongue