The Sephirot of the Kabbalah
12-07-2015, 10:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 10:54 PM by anagogy.)
The Sephirot of the Kabbalah
So I've been fascinated by the Kabbalistic Tree of Life for quite some time, and engaged in trying to "map" it to the energy centers as Ra has explicated them, and I feel I've made some headway in that direction.

This is just my own personal intuitive introspection.  No doubt many of my opinions on this will change, and there is too much to go over every reason why I see them in this particular way.  Like every spiritual resource, it is frot with reams of dogma, and distorted understandings of the relationships.  I realize many people here will have different opinions on these, but I'm happy to explain why I think a given position is associated with a given energy center.

While it is tempting to simply just go up the line of sephirot, from the bottom to the top, and assign energy centers to the sephirot in the order in which they appear, I feel this is extremely incorrect, though I see a lot of sources do it.  The Tree of Life is extremely complex to put it mildly, just as the Tarot is complex, and Astrology is complex.  There is a plethora of mixed false/true information on the subject.  Thankfully, the Ra material is like an illuminating torch in the night in this department.

Here is the normal tree of life:

[Image: 192px-Ktreewnames.png]

Now, if you are familiar with the tree of life, you probably know it only has 10 sephirot, so you might be doing a double take looking at this thing and wondering why it has 11 sephirot.  The reason is that in most representations of the tree of life, either "Da'at" or "Keter" is left off.  Why?  Well, there are various reasons, but if you want my opinion it is because Kether represents "unpotentiated intelligent infinity" and "Daa't" represents "potentiated intelligent infinity".  Da'at is said to be "the "reflection of" (the "inner dimension" of) the infinity of Keter".  Incidentally, "reflection of infinity" is *precisely* how I see the Logos as a 7th density being.  You could also think of it as, "the image of god, as seen within the illusion."

So by this reckoning, Kether is attributed to the octave density, whereas Da'at is attributed to seventh density.

On some tree of life depictions, either "Malkuth" or "Da'at" will be left off and it is allegedly supposed to represent, respectively, the condition prior to the "fall" from spiritual edenic conditions and afterwards.  Da'at is said to represent "all things as one" in their infinite state of sharing and "ultimate knowledge" so it represents 7th density quite well in my opinion, whereas keter is more like "formless infinity", and is also said to be in interaction with the "Malkuth" in the next set of sephirot above us.  Hmmm, what does that sounds like?  Yes, the 8th density that becomes 1st density in the later part of its cycles.

Anyway, without further adieu the conclusions I've come to as a result of studying this so far is this: 

[Image: Tree_of_life_energy_center_correlation.png] 

The right side of the tree of life is called "the pillar of mercy" and represents, for the most part, yang or radiating qualities.  The left side is called the "pillar of severity" and represents yin, or absorbent, qualities.  This does not make left side automatically STS and the right side automatically STO.  They are just tools that may be used in either fashion, similar to the concept of the left side of your brain being associated with "rationality and intellectuality" and the right side of your brain being predominately associated with "creativity and intuition".  The tools are simply tools, though there may be a predisposition to some tools being used negatively more than others, and this is what you see with the qualities inherent in the tree of life.

The qualities on the middle pillar represent the most neutral qualities and energies.  These are the "balancer" energies, for lack of better description.  If you'll notice on my designation, I have put the indigo ray center at Tiferet.  Tiferet is connected to almost every quality, it is where multiple qualities, such as wisdom, compassion, judgment, and power come together in the middle above the "personal self" associated with "yesod" the emotional body of consciousness.  So you have Yesod as the "personal self", and then above, at Tiferet, the "higher self" and then above that, the "mind/body/spirit/totality/complex" at Da'at, and the octave density above that.

Anyway, these are just some minor observations that I felt I would share. I wish I could go into more detail, but I just don't have the time at the moment.  I'm just scratching the surface here, not even going into all the subtle relationships that go on between the stations (and basically make up the tarot) and I'm basically working on weaving together the tarot/astrology/tree of life into a coherent picture in resonance with the energy centers and philosophy presented in the Law of One.  

It is slow, but interesting and illuminating work. 

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 8 users Like anagogy's post:
Aaron, Desynched, DungBeetle, Nicholas, Parsons, spero, Steppingfeet, sunnysideup
12-07-2015, 10:54 PM,
RE: The Sephirot of the Kabbalah
So are you mainly just using the Tree of Life glyph and applying your own influences? Or is there a particular 'form' of Qabalah you are using? A few things differently from what I understand but there are many different sources and opinions anyways.
Every path in life circles to the center.
12-07-2015, 10:59 PM,
(12-07-2015, 10:54 PM)Aion Wrote:  So are you mainly just using the Tree of Life glyph and applying your own influences? Or is there a particular 'form' of Qabalah you are using? A few things differently from what I understand but there are many different sources and opinions anyways.

I am correlating the qualities of the sephirot as I understand them to energy centers of the chakra system, as described by Ra. And as for which version of kabbalah/qaballah i'm using, it is a mixture of versions. Basically whatever I feel rezzes with the Ra material, as I understand it. The picture is like a mosaic, from my perspective and different versions have different pieces of truth.
12-08-2015, 02:06 AM,
Yeah, was just checking if there were ideas from specific traditions or if it's syncretic, which it is.
12-08-2015, 04:29 AM,
i think the pairing of gevurah/chesed for 4D neg/pos is tempting as is the pairing of Binah/Chokmah for 5d neg/pos. the assignment of keter as 8th or 7th and malkuth as red or 1D feels intuitive and seems corroborated by the ra material. the ones ive always struggled with have been yesod, hod, and Netzach since the qualities of "foundation", "splendour" and "victory" never felt like 2nd or 3rd density to me unless there are alternate or deeper contexts to the simple translations of these words into english. all that said i figured i'd leave the below ra quote since it seems to be directly alluding to ranking the stations as densities. im not mentioning it as a negation of the theory but as additional information tbh.

Quote:44.14 Questioner: I was looking at the diagram of the advancement of magical practices starting from Malkuth and ending at Kether. I was wondering if these corresponded to the colors or the densities, with Malkuth as one, Yesod as two, Hod and Netzach being three, Tiphareth four, and so on. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is basically incorrect although you are upon the correct track of thinking. Each of these stations has a complex number and shading of energy centers as well as some part in various balances; the lower, the middle, the high, and the total balance. Thus there are complex colors or rays and complex charges, if you will, in each station.
The following 1 user Likes spero's post:
anagogy
12-08-2015, 06:50 AM,
My interpretation:

ALL;
LIGHT&ORDARK;
SELF;
RADIANCE&ORSHADOW;
NOTSELF;
TRUE&ORFALSE;
ALL-IS-SELF;
&OR.

Screw all this hebrew translation crap. Unless I have an occultist Rabbi in front of me, I wouldn't bother with the traditional definitions.
...only one important statement...All things, all of life, all of the creation is part of one original thought.
The following 1 user Likes Adonai One's post:
BenevolentStudent
12-08-2015, 10:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 01:40 PM by anagogy.)
(12-08-2015, 04:29 AM)spero Wrote:  i think the pairing of gevurah/chesed for 4D neg/pos is tempting as is the pairing of Binah/Chokmah for 5d neg/pos. the assignment of keter as 8th or 7th and malkuth as red or 1D feels intuitive and seems corroborated by the ra material. the ones ive always struggled with have been yesod, hod, and Netzach since the qualities of "foundation", "splendour" and "victory" never felt like 2nd or 3rd density to me unless there are alternate or deeper contexts to the simple translations of these words into english. all that said i figured i'd leave the below ra quote since it seems to be directly alluding to ranking the stations as densities. im not mentioning it as a negation of the theory but as additional information tbh.

Quote:44.14 Questioner: I was looking at the diagram of the advancement of magical practices starting from Malkuth and ending at Kether. I was wondering if these corresponded to the colors or the densities, with Malkuth as one, Yesod as two, Hod and Netzach being three, Tiphareth four, and so on. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is basically incorrect although you are upon the correct track of thinking. Each of these stations has a complex number and shading of energy centers as well as some part in various balances; the lower, the middle, the high, and the total balance. Thus there are complex colors or rays and complex charges, if you will, in each station.

Yes, I think Tiphareth being four is where this question to Ra missed the mark, and of course also, Ra is right that each station indicates a variety of things, but currently I'm just looking at it in terms of balancing. It also could be that Ra was simply pointing out, albeit indirectly, that rays and densities are not precisely the same thing so you can't equate them as such (and this, I fully agree with). And obviously, the distribution of rays will be different depending on which side you lean towards in any given moment.

I admit, that Hod and Netzach are some of the hardest to understand based on their normal definitions.  Rather than "victory" I would instead liken Netzach unto "perseverance" or "never giving up" (this is why it is associated with victory).  Personally, I think that is a much more modern and accurate representation.  And Hod, rather than "splendour" I would translate it more like "submission".  They are like two different ways of solving or relating to a problem, whereas Netzach is enduring unto the end, Hod is a kind of like relinquishment or submission to the obstacle, bowing before its might, glory, and splendour.  This is just speculation.  You will find so many contradictory definitions of these that it will make your head spin.

Yesod, I feel is more easily understood as it is often associated with the phallus of creation if you were to conceptualize the tree of life as a human body, and the means by where the creative energies are channeled to malkuth.  Sometimes it is not male energy itself, but simply rather where female and male energies come together and allow "form" to manifest.  It is associated with generation and procreation.  And while early kabbalists had no understanding of genetic material, the concept resonates with it quite well.  And personally, I've always considered the red ray subdensity of orange ray 2nd density to be the "genetic body", and this also fits quite well.  

I've also always associated orange ray with the lower astral plane, which is right before things become physically manifest, so as a foundation, I understand it in that sense.

Tiferet/tipherath (argggh, so many different spellings lol!!!) I associate with 6th density/indigo ray/higher self because it is said to be a, "lower reflection of Kether, as well as a higher reflection of Yesod and Malkuth. Tiferet relates to the sun, and as such, it takes a central place in the lower face of the Tree of Life, much in the same manner that the sun is at the center of the solar system. It is not the center of the universe, as one could perhaps argue Kether to be, but rather it is the center of our local astronomical system. Nonetheless, it is the sun that gives light and life, even though it did not create itself."

Does that not sound like, as Ra has described the etheric body, "the Logos in microcosm"? Also, the sun associations are interesting, with what we know about 6th density entities and generating light by reproductive fusion.

Or how about, "Its position down the center between Keter and Yesod indicates to many Kabbalists that it is somewhat of a "converting" Sephirot between form (Yesod) and force (Keter)."

To me, this makes it an obvious candidate for the "form-maker",i.e. more associations with indigo ray. 
The following 2 users Like anagogy's post:
Desynched, spero
12-08-2015, 01:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 01:58 PM by darklight.)
According Ra, the sequence of the gateway is six, seven, eight. This is the central pathway in the tree of life that seems very, very difficult to open it with the inner eye.

Da´at, also known as the great abyss, seems a very dangerous area according other sources. To reach Keter in the upper triad, the magician must crossover the abyss. In the physical incarnation, a person can lose his mind.
The following 2 users Like darklight's post:
Desynched, Nicholas
12-08-2015, 02:46 PM,
(12-08-2015, 01:55 PM)darklight Wrote:  According Ra, the sequence of the gateway is six, seven, eight. This is the central pathway in the tree of life that seems very, very difficult to open it with the inner eye.

Da´at, also known as the great abyss, seems a very dangerous area according other sources. To reach Keter in the upper triad, the magician must crossover the abyss. In the physical incarnation, a person can lose his mind.

Yes, this is why I had associated Da'at with the indigo ray. It also seemed to make sense when Ra termed it the "gateway to intelligent infinity", and the recommendation of knowing the self before activating and working with that energy centre. Perhaps that is why it is regarded as dangerous, because shadow work or balancing remains unaddressed in the lower centres? Assuming my association has any merit of course.
...the highest wisdom is to suffer all men to have full liberty to think on all subjects in their own way. - OAHSPE  
The following 1 user Likes Nicholas's post:
darklight
12-08-2015, 03:18 PM,
Daath isn't a sephiroth but what is left of the adept as he moves over beyond the veil of the abyss into the supernal or the creator experiencing itself through progressive emanations before the separation of consciousness into that which is below the abyss or the Ruach and Nefesh of yetzirah and assiah.

The tree shows the polarity of the male and the female corresponding to the left and right pillar , with the middle pillar being the balance of equilibrium. For example you have Hod and Netzach finding synthesis in tiphareth as a dialectic triad.

Daath also corresponds to sothis or sirius and knowledge, it is the rainbow bridge and the false god head, that is to say knowledge without the understanding of binah. It is also the gateway into the qliphoth of the tree of knowledge. The qliphoth is demonology and left hand path material normally, anything that is taboo and a little wacky. Kenneth Grant was one who developed it into a workable system.

Ra makes it clear that the planes and energy centers do not fully match the Qabalah in this quote,

That being said the Qabalah of the WMT is sycretic so the chakra's and planes of systems such as theosophy tend to be common on the glyph. The best way i have seen them on the Tree of Life would be Malkuth as Red Ray, Yesod as Orange, Hod and Netzach as yellow, Tiphareth through Chesed as Green, Daath as Blue, Binah and Chockmah as Indigo and Kether as Violet. Ain soph or nothingness, limitless and limitless light being the 8th density.

The Sepher Yetzirah makes it clear that Daath is not a sephira but also hints at its being ,

Quote:Ten are the numbers of the ineffable Sephiroth, ten and not nine, ten and not eleven. Learn this wisdom, and be wise in the understanding of it, investigate these numbers, and draw knowledge from them, fix the design in its purity, and pass from it to its Creator seated on his throne.

All that being said, this is just my views on the tree, its a personal experience and development, if your model works for you then so be it, but i think there is also wisdom in conforming some what to the traditional views and not overly changing some of the wisdom that has been in place for a long time, yet not allowing oneself to be caught up and limited by tradition. I see you used a couple of variation of the Otz Chiim, the later one is the Kircher tree and the former the tree of the Lurianic tradition. For the most part everything i have seen from the western tradition is coming from the Kircher glyph and the tradition Jewish kabbalah as the former Lurianic tree. I would recommend the studying of the Kircher tree as almost all the correspondences such as those found in 777 are based on that symbol, as the paths on the Lurianic are in a different order.

The following 2 users Like Matt1's post:
BenevolentStudent, Desynched
12-08-2015, 04:39 PM,
(12-08-2015, 01:55 PM)darklight Wrote:  According Ra, the sequence of the gateway is six, seven, eight. This is the central pathway in the tree of life that seems very, very difficult to open it with the inner eye.

Yeah, I'm not even sure if it is possible to cross it in physical incarnation, but who knows.  Seems more of a higher density thing.

(12-08-2015, 03:18 PM)Matt1 Wrote:  Daath isn't a sephiroth but what is left of the adept as he moves over beyond the veil of the abyss into the supernal or the creator experiencing itself through progressive emanations before the separation of consciousness into that which is below the abyss or the Ruach and Nefesh of yetzirah and assiah.

My understanding is that Daath isn't a sephiroth, rather, it is all the sephiroth joined together as one.  To me, that sounds like seventh density violet ray.

(12-08-2015, 03:18 PM)Matt1 Wrote:  That being said the Qabalah of the WMT is sycretic so the chakra's and planes of systems such as theosophy tend to be common on the glyph. The best way i have seen them on the Tree of Life would be Malkuth as Red Ray, Yesod as Orange, Hod and Netzach as yellow, Tiphareth through Chesed as Green, Daath as Blue, Binah and Chockmah as Indigo and Kether as Violet. Ain soph or nothingness, limitless and limitless light being the 8th density.

Interesting, I'll try it on for size and see how it feels.

(12-08-2015, 03:18 PM)Matt1 Wrote:  All that being said, this is just my views on the tree, its a personal experience and development, if your model works for you then so be it, but i think there is also wisdom in conforming some what to the traditional views and not overly changing some of the wisdom that has been in place for a long time, yet not allowing oneself to be caught up and limited by tradition. I see you used a couple of variation of the Otz Chiim, the later one is the Kircher tree and the former the tree of the Lurianic tradition. For the most part everything i have seen from the western tradition is coming from the Kircher glyph and the tradition Jewish kabbalah as the former Lurianic tree. I would recommend the studying of the Kircher tree as almost all the correspondences such as those found in 777 are based on that symbol, as the paths on the Lurianic are in a different order.

Yeah, there is a crazy amount of superstition, distortion, dogma, and just plain old gobbledegook in occult literature.  I may end up abandoning it altogether, but as long it interests me, I'll keep experimenting.
12-08-2015, 05:04 PM,
(12-08-2015, 04:39 PM)anagogy Wrote:  Yeah, I'm not even sure if it is possible to cross it in physical incarnation, but who knows.  Seems more of a higher density thing.

It´s not physical, it is the visual experience of the adept with the inner eye in the densities six, seven and eight. There is no physical entrance.

In my own experience, da´at was pitch black.
12-08-2015, 05:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 05:30 PM by anagogy.)
(12-08-2015, 01:55 PM)darklight Wrote:  It´s not physical, it is the visual experience of the adept with the inner eye in the densities six, seven and eight. There is no physical entrance.

In my own experience, da´at was pitch black.

I understood what you meant.  I get that it is not "physical".

This is what one hermetic kabbalah source I found says about Daath:

Quote:Daath is the hidden Sephirah. The word daath means "wisdom".

There is much debate as to whether Daath actually is a Sephirah. The Sepher Yetzirah [1.4] clearly states ".. ten and not nine, ten and not eleven."

In some literature the presence of this eleventh Sephirah is explained by saying that when Daath is considered as a Sephirah then Kether is not - thus preserving the number 10.

Daath is the manifestation of the interaction between Chokmah and Binah. It is the application of Chokmah's knowledge and Binah's understanding.

Whatever Daath's status, the point it occupies on the Tree of Life is important. The three Sephiroth above this point (Kether, Chokmah, Binah) are collectively known as the Supernal Triad. This triad contains all possible thoughts and all possible actions resulting from the absolutely infinite potential of Kether.

The human mind, even in its most advanced form, is virtually incapable of encompassing such concepts. Above the point of Daath we are in the realm of the unknowable.

In the hermetic kabbalah the point of Daath is also referred to as The Abyss. The only way to cross this is to totally renounce all attachments to the ego-centred personal "I" and commit oneself to the "I" of Kether. Crossing The Abyss is quite literally a leap of faith.

And this quote still screams "7th density" to me, personally.  Though, more investigation is needed.

And here is what wikipedia says about it:

Quote:In Da'at, all sephirot exist in their perfected state of infinite sharing. The three sephirot of the left column that would receive and conceal the Divine light, instead share and reveal it. Since all sephirot radiate infinite self-giving Divine Light, it is no longer possible to distinguish one sephira from another, thus they are one.

Da'at is not always depicted in representations of the sefirot, and could in a sense be considered an "empty slot" into which the gem of any other sefirot can be placed. Properly, the Divine Light is always shining, but not all humans can see it. The concealment or revelation of the Divine Light shining through Da'at does not actually happen in Da'at itself. It only seems that way from the human perspective within Malkuth. The perception of change can only occur in Malkuth. Humans who become self-giving (Altruism) like the Light become able to see it, and for them the benefits of Da'at's light seem "revealed". However, humans who remain selfish (Selfishness) cannot see it, and for them its benefits seem "hidden".
The following 1 user Likes anagogy's post:
Desynched
12-08-2015, 05:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 05:54 PM by darklight.)
Quote:The human mind, even in its most advanced form, is virtually incapable of encompassing such concepts. Above the point of Daath we are in the realm of the unknowable.

There are two ´clouds´ or ´flames´ above Da´at (Chocmah and Binah?) They are huge and burning as giant torches. In the center between these two clouds, there is a vertical doorway, it´s white. After entering, it looks like daylight in heavy fog. There are no details, just like there are no details in pitch black Da´at.
12-08-2015, 08:17 PM,
Hmm, my thoughts on this thread so far are - how would you tie this in to the Four World system of Qabalah? That is, Atziluth (Archetypal), Briah (Creative), Yetzirah (Formative) and Assiah (Action)? Each of these is said to be a reflection of the Light that is Ain Soph Aur in a lower gradiant with Assiah being the 'lowest vibration'.
The following 1 user Likes Aion's post:
BenevolentStudent
12-08-2015, 09:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 09:16 PM by anagogy.)
(12-08-2015, 08:17 PM)Aion Wrote:  Hmm, my thoughts on this thread so far are - how would you tie this in to the Four World system of Qabalah? That is, Atziluth (Archetypal), Briah (Creative), Yetzirah (Formative) and Assiah (Action)? Each of these is said to be a reflection of the Light that is Ain Soph Aur in a lower gradiant with Assiah being the 'lowest vibration'.

That is a good question Aion.

It is especially hard, because I'm trying to reconcile it with the cosmology and structure of the planes described in the Ra material.  And according to the Ra material, there are basically infinite planes, but divided fractally into infinite groups of seven.

But if I had to draw a correlation, the most basic thing I could relate it to was the four elements: earth, water, wind, and fire.  Earth would be Assiah/physical, Yetzirah would be water/astral, Beriah is wind/mental, and Atziluth is fire/causal.

Now, where they would be placed on the tree would be tricky, because the different worlds occupy different stations (and sometimes multiple stations), but from my studies, so far, it appears that Malkuth is Assiah, Yetzirah is Chesed to Yesod, Beriah is associated with Binah, and Atziluth is associated with Chochma.  Those last two I'm not entirely sure about to be honest, even though that is what they are commonly associated with. Since I associate both Binah and Chochma with the mental/devachanic plane, I feel there may be some distortion in that concept.  

As always, more study/meditation is needed before I feel I can confidently place them.
12-08-2015, 09:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 09:48 PM by spero.)
thanks for some of the pointers to alternate meanings for hod and netzach anagogy. tbh the idea that hod means submission does make that whole left side seem a tad sts whilst some of the alternate meaning for netzach i found  e.g. 'long-suffering, strength, endurance unto completion or patience' gives it a sto vibe. of course i might just be projecting my biases onto the diagram lol which is no doubt the case

when ra speaks about the tree of life or kaballah they offers it as alternate system for understanding the achetypes much like the 22 major tarot cards. it would seem therefore that you could start to make parrallels between particular tarot cards for example and different interrelationships between sephirot which conveniently it seems correlate to 22. i guess in that sense i might understand yesod and its branching off to the two paths to be akin to an amalgamation of the choice card and the 'transformation of the mind' card which ties it to its meaning of foundation. u could also say things like malkuth being like the matrix of the body or tifert being like the spirit complex or any number of such possibilities etc

Quote:76.9 Questioner: Is there, in Ra’s opinion, any present-day value for the reuse of the tarot as an aid in the evolutionary process?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall repeat information. It is appropriate to study one form of constructed and organized distortion of the archetypical mind in depth in order to arrive at the position of being able to become and to experience archetypes at will. You have three basic choices. You may choose astrology, the twelve signs, as you call these portions of your planet’s energy web, and what has been called the ten planets. You may choose the tarot with its twenty-two so-called Major Arcana. You may choose the study of the so-called Tree of Life with its ten Sephiroth and the twenty-two relationships between the stations.

It is well to investigate each discipline, not as a dilettante, but as one who seeks the touchstone, one who wishes to feel the pull of the magnet. One of these studies will be more attractive to the seeker. Let the seeker then investigate the archetypical mind using, basically, one of these three disciplines. After a period of study, the discipline mastered sufficiently, the seeker may then complete the more important step: that is, the moving beyond the written in order to express in an unique fashion its understanding, if you may again pardon the noun, of the archetypical mind.

what are ur thoughts anaogogy of directly relating the sephirot interrelationships to archetypes like in the tarot?
The following 1 user Likes spero's post:
BenevolentStudent
12-08-2015, 09:55 PM,
(12-08-2015, 09:39 PM)spero Wrote:  what are ur thoughts anaogogy of directly relating the sephirot interrelationships to archetypes like in the tarot?

I think it is an interesting concept, and many occult sources do indeed view the tarot as the keys to the tree of life. Eventually, mapping that is precisely what I aim to do. But I need to get an "intuitive feel" of the energies of the stations first before I feel I can do that correctly. I also want to implement the astrology components if possible too.

I think it would really cool to have an (accurate and relatively undistorted) occult synthesis of these three complex representations of the archetypical mind.
The following 1 user Likes anagogy's post:
spero
12-08-2015, 10:43 PM,
(12-08-2015, 06:50 AM)Adonai One Wrote:  My interpretation:

ALL;
LIGHT&ORDARK;
SELF;
RADIANCE&ORSHADOW;
NOTSELF;
TRUE&ORFALSE;
ALL-IS-SELF;
&OR.

Screw all this hebrew translation crap. Unless I have an occultist Rabbi in front of me, I wouldn't bother with the traditional definitions.
I think he's on to something.

Keep in mind there is much disinformation surrounding the mystical Kabbalah. I believe it has just been distorted from the beginning. So our speculation very well may be based on mostly withheld information. But who knows? Anyone have that skill of all knowing ? heh

Enlightenment means that you allow all aspects of your being. Enlightenment equals love. -Jeshua
The following 1 user Likes tamaryn's post:
BenevolentStudent
12-09-2015, 12:25 AM,
(12-08-2015, 09:15 PM)anagogy Wrote:  
(12-08-2015, 08:17 PM)Aion Wrote:  Hmm, my thoughts on this thread so far are - how would you tie this in to the Four World system of Qabalah? That is, Atziluth (Archetypal), Briah (Creative), Yetzirah (Formative) and Assiah (Action)? Each of these is said to be a reflection of the Light that is Ain Soph Aur in a lower gradiant with Assiah being the 'lowest vibration'.

That is a good question Aion.

It is especially hard, because I'm trying to reconcile it with the cosmology and structure of the planes described in the Ra material.  And according to the Ra material, there are basically infinite planes, but divided fractally into infinite groups of seven.

But if I had to draw a correlation, the most basic thing I could relate it to was the four elements: earth, water, wind, and fire.  Earth would be Assiah/physical, Yetzirah would be water/astral, Beriah is wind/mental, and Atziluth is fire/causal.

Now, where they would be placed on the tree would be tricky, because the different worlds occupy different stations (and sometimes multiple stations), but from my studies, so far, it appears that Malkuth is Assiah, Yetzirah is Chesed to Yesod, Beriah is associated with Binah, and Atziluth is associated with Chochma.  Those last two I'm not entirely sure about to be honest, even though that is what they are commonly associated with.  Since I associate both Binah and Chochma with the mental/devachanic plane, I feel there may be some distortion in that concept.  

As always, more study/meditation is needed before I feel I can confidently place them.

In my understanding Briah is associated with Binah, Chokmah and Da'ath whereas Atziluth would correspond with Kether.

I personally would approach this differently, instead of corresponding each density or center with each Sephiroth I would instead find a correspondent of each density within each Sephiroth. I understand that this might be taken simply as the idea of 'sub-densities' but since I don't view Sephiroth and densities as being the same I don't view it that way. From my view, what we perceive as 'densities' is the filtering of Limitless Light through the Sephiroth.

You can think of this as being like 'saturation' if you're familiar with colour theory. That which is closest to Limitless Light is the most saturated, brilliantly coloured and as the vibration steps down farther down the chain its like colours being desaturated until we get the murky dark grey of Malkuth.

So, you could say that to me the densities are the 'nature of the Light' and the Tree of Life is a system of distribution like a prism whereby this nature is divided in to all its parts, if that makes sense.

Thus, it would appear to me that all densities are there from the beginning in Kether and are simply a gradiant extending down through the prism of the Sephiroth which acts to 'reflect' every element within the Limitless Light.

I guess you could say I view densities as an 'effect', a perception, but the mechanism is that of Light being focused in to diverse natures, each Sephiroth emerging from the previous ones.
12-09-2015, 12:32 AM,
(12-08-2015, 10:43 PM)tamaryn Wrote:  
(12-08-2015, 06:50 AM)Adonai One Wrote:  My interpretation:

ALL;
LIGHT&ORDARK;
SELF;
RADIANCE&ORSHADOW;
NOTSELF;
TRUE&ORFALSE;
ALL-IS-SELF;
&OR.

I think he's on to something.

Keep in mind there is much disinformation surrounding the mystical Kabbalah. I believe it has just been distorted from the beginning. So our speculation very well may be based on mostly withheld information. But who knows? Anyone have that skill of all knowing ? heh

While this is true, there are 'source' materials which can be studied. Also, Hebrew is a beautiful language, you don't need to be a Rabbi to appreciate it or use it.

If we are to assume we are being mislead no matter what we read then why bother studying? There are different forms of Kabbalah and only one or two actually ties in to Judaic thought. The rest are all offshoots and syncretisms.

However, the Zohar is considered the root of most, if not all, Qabalah with the Sepher Yetzirah being highly regarded. Personally I think that anyone with a serious interest should read those first.

I think that the Qabalic tradition is a deep and rigorous one that easily deters individuals who have no interest in its complexities and of course there is mixed information on it, but again, if you go to the Source materials there is lots there to work with.
The following 1 user Likes Aion's post:
BenevolentStudent
02-08-2018, 03:28 PM,
I've been pondering on Gevurah, Hesed and Tiferet. It's hard to fulfill this balance in my life. I'm surprised that Hesed is reffered as a male and Gevurah a female attribute. I thought it was the opposite. Man and woman together are the image of God. In their union lies a balance between male and female, each retaining a different individual ballance. I would say man is more on the Gevurah side.

These sefirot also reminded me of an icon of Jesus - Christ Pantocrator. Jesus as the pure image of God represents the balance of justice and mercy. If you look carefuly at the icon there are some subtle differences between left and right side of Jesus (Wiki).

[Image: 330px-Spas_vsederzhitel_sinay.jpg]

Mirrored composites of left and right sides of image:

[Image: 330px-Composite_christ_pantocrator.png]
------------
Grace to you and peace from God our Father.
The following 1 user Likes loostudent's post:
Glow
02-08-2018, 05:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 05:51 PM by anagogy.)
(02-08-2018, 03:28 PM)loostudent Wrote:  I've been pondering on Gevurah, Hesed and Tiferet. It's hard to fulfill this balance in my life. I'm surprised that Hesed is reffered as a male and Gevurah a female attribute. I thought it was the opposite.

In my opinion, gevurah is male, and chesed (or whichever spelling you prefer) is female, so you are right to question that. Some of the more subtle characteristics become revealed when you spend hours a day meditating on it (as I have for months on end). Enough pure (meaning sincere) loving attention to understand anything will eventually merge you with the underlying structure. The creator is with those sincerely seeking truth. After enough attention a sort of thought combustion occurs, and a another thought of similar vibrational relevance and amplitude will join it, giving you another clue.

There are many distortions, but sincere attention (repeatedly returning to the curiosity of the sincere questions) will begin to slowly cast a more intense moonlight on the hidden aspects cloaked in darkness.  

Edit: by the way, most of the early conceptions that I offered in this thread are just plain wrong, which were revealed in the course of sincere meditation. I was just looking into the tree of life then, and had little to go on. I now have a much more firm grasp on its true characteristics. So please disregard any of my posts in this thread besides this one.
The following 6 users Like anagogy's post:
Aion, Bring4th_Plenum, Desynched, loostudent, Nau7ik, sunnysideup
02-09-2018, 09:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018, 09:52 AM by Nau7ik.)
I would label Geburah as being passive, negative, the form counterpart to the force of Chesed, as the Tree does. The symbolism of Gedulah and Geburah are, Chesed (Jupiter) the peacetime king sitting in his throne (4), and the Geburah (Mars) the war time king in his chariot, which find their equilibrium in the sphere of Tiphateth, the sacrificed King, the redeemer, the Sun.
Chesed is the loving Father, Chokmah (the “all begetter”) on a lower arch. He builds up, as opposed to the breaking down of Geburah. Geburah can also been seen as Saturn on a lower arc (Saturn - Binah).
“The life process is an everlasting upbuilding and breaking down, Geburah and Gedulah represent these two processes.”

So I would keep with classification of the Tree. It makes sense as it, Chesed being active, dynamic and Geburah being passive. Masculine and feminine. The philosophy of the polarity being touched on above.

I’m a bare beginner, I don’t know anything. But this was a fun exercise to see what I do know about these two sephiroth. Which, again, is a scratch on the tip of an iceberg.
02-10-2018, 09:11 AM,
I don't see Gevurah ("strength") symbolizing a passive counterpart to Chesed ("kindness"). Both are sephirot of action. Chessed is the action of grace, creative spark, boundless expansion. Gevurah is the action of judgement, strictness, limits/law, contraction. Chessed is building indeed but Gevurah is guarding, giving shape and structure.

Again I see Gevurah more as a male principle.
------------
Grace to you and peace from God our Father.
02-10-2018, 10:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2018, 10:12 AM by Nau7ik.)
Geburah would be the catabolic phase to the anabolic phase of Chesed, thereby justifying the Sephiroth’s placement on the Tree. I’m just sharing what I’ve learned...

I don’t think the Tree is wrong to place Geburah in the Pillar of Severity (negative charge) and Chesed on the Pillar of Mercy (positive charge).
02-10-2018, 01:15 PM,
(02-08-2018, 05:24 PM)anagogy Wrote:  Edit: by the way, most of the early conceptions that I offered in this thread are just plain wrong, which were revealed in the course of sincere meditation. I was just looking into the tree of life then, and had little to go on. I now have a much more firm grasp on its true characteristics. So please disregard any of my posts in this thread besides this one.

I'd love to hear more as you learn...

It is a bit over my head, but I find it very interesting and and enjoyable to read.

Thank you for sharing what you have so far
The following 1 user Likes Desynched's post:
anagogy
02-12-2018, 05:53 PM,
(02-10-2018, 01:15 PM)Desynched Wrote:  I'd love to hear more as you learn...

It is a bit over my head, but I find it very interesting and and enjoyable to read.

Thank you for sharing what you have so far

I definitely plan to in time. Unfortunately, I am dealing with a lot of intense personal catalyst right now which is preventing me from doing so. When I have more time, I plan to share more insights.  One thing I will say in regards the gender of the sephira, the genders are determined by the astrological influences feeding them. But just because one sephira is male, and another is female doesn't mean the polarity of the pillars are reversed. Rather, there are subdivisions within subdivisions. Male and female are roles. Think of it as a dance. In a dance, the male leads, but in the partnership (the non prostituted relationship), the male leads in such a way as to fulfill the innate desires of the female. Some of the most radiant spiritual forces are passive (like love). Thus, even though being on the positive pole, it is female. This is just a small example, but there is a lot of complexity to it. These are just some suggestions to help conceptualize. Everything is about sex in a a certain way. But what is sex? It is the union of opposites. There is sex of the body, of the mind, and of the spirit. In time I will have more to say about this.  
The following 6 users Like anagogy's post:
Desynched, Glow, Louisabell, Nau7ik, Spaced, sunnysideup
02-12-2018, 11:03 PM,
(02-12-2018, 05:53 PM)anagogy Wrote:  One thing I will say in regards the gender of the sephira, the genders are determined by the astrological influences feeding them. But just because one sephira is male, and another is female doesn't mean the polarity of the pillars are reversed. Rather, there are subdivisions within subdivisions. Male and female are roles. Think of it as a dance. In a dance, the male leads, but in the partnership (the non prostituted relationship), the male leads in such a way as to fulfill the innate desires of the female. Some of the most radiant spiritual forces are passive (like love). Thus, even though being on the positive pole, it is female.

I am so confused about this.

I don't think it is your fault, but rather my stubbornness with understanding gender norms.

I hope your catalyst fulfills what you yearned for in experiences and learnings/teachings.
02-13-2018, 09:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2018, 09:48 AM by Nau7ik.)
I used the wrong word so please forgive me anagogy. I was wrong to describe Geburah as “passive”. It is not a passive Sephirah. As you say, both Chesed and Geburah are spheres of force/action.
Quote:The fourth and fifth Sephiroth, Chesed and Geburah, introduce two great complementary concepts: on the one hand Order and Equity, on the other hand Energy and Power. The former is the Heavenly and Merciful King, preserving and sustaining that which has already been brought into being; the latter is the Warrior-King in his Chariot, who in turn exerts the curbing and ordering influences which prevent the passive flowing away of that which has been established.

Each Sephiroth also emenates the proceeding Sephirah. Each Sephiroth is an emenation of the one preceding it. So one could say that there are different levels of polarity depending on how you look at the Sephiroth.
I don’t disagree that it seems Chesed and Geburah to be reversed in polarity, I was just trying to say we have to look at it differently to understand their placements on the Pillars of Mercy and Severity...
The following 1 user Likes Nau7ik's post:
anagogy