Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tilting at Windmills: An Interview with Carla L. Rueckert & Jim McCarty
08-17-2016, 03:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2016, 10:39 AM by bring4th_admin.)
Tilting at Windmills: An Interview with Carla L. Rueckert & Jim McCarty
Two years and two months in the making, we are happy to share with you L/L Research’s newly born book Tilting at Windmills: An Interview with Carla L. Rueckert and Jim McCarty.

Eight months before Carla left her third-density body, Gary L. Bean conducted a seven-day interview with Carla and Jim to document and explore the biography of L/L Research with special focus on the Ra contact, discuss spiritual principles and channeling, and mine a bit of personal biography. Tilting at Windmills contains the transcripts from that interview, along with two new photo galleries, appendices, and L/L Research’s first timeline.

It is currently available from our online store. We hope you enjoy this labor of love and look forward to any feedback you may have to offer!

http://bring4th.org/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=75_77&product_id=234
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 11 users Like bring4th_admin's post:
Brian_Sanchez, Bring4th_Jade, Bring4th_Plenum, isis, Nicholas, Patrick, Quan, rva_jeremy, Spaced, sunnysideup, YinYang
08-18-2016, 11:22 AM,
RE: PRE-ORDER: "Tilting at Windmills: An Interview with Carla L. Rueckert & J...
Can we buy this book as an eBook and/or PDF ?

Thanks,

Patrick

"You are not here to fix it... You are here to love it." ~ Q'uo
08-18-2016, 12:18 PM,
RE: PRE-ORDER: "Tilting at Windmills: An Interview with Carla L. Rueckert & J...
(08-18-2016, 11:22 AM)Patrick Wrote:  Can we buy this book as an eBook and/or PDF ?

Thanks,

Patrick

Hey Patrick, the free PDF will lag behind by about a month or so. More work to do on it. Kindle version and hardcopy versions through Amazon will be available in a couple/few weeks.

We're told it's already available in the Great Record of Creation. I lost that library card, though, so I don't know.

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
The following 3 users Like Steppingfeet's post:
Brian_Sanchez, Parsons, Patrick
08-18-2016, 12:28 PM,
pretty cover

"I am all that has been, and is, and shall be..."
The following 1 user Likes isis's post:
Dog Star
09-07-2016, 12:34 PM,
RE: PRE-ORDER: "Tilting at Windmills: An Interview with Carla L. Rueckert & Jim McCarty"
I am really enjoying this book!

Jeremy
It is not that love will tell you what to do.
It is that love will tell you how to do it with love.
Q'uo 3/19/06
The following 2 users Like rva_jeremy's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Nicholas
09-07-2016, 04:56 PM,
RE: Tilting at Windmills: An Interview with Carla L. Rueckert & Jim McCarty
I have requested this as a Christmas present, and will probably read it via the pdf format well before then!  Big Grin
...the highest wisdom is to suffer all men to have full liberty to think on all subjects in their own way. - OAHSPE  
The following 1 user Likes Nicholas's post:
Steppingfeet
10-06-2016, 10:32 AM,
Hi friends!!! For those of you who may be like me and don't have a bunch of extra disposable income to spend on stuff, and are indebted to L/L for their dedication to making all of their materials totally free, the Tilting at Windmills .pdf is finally finished!!!

http://www.llresearch.org/library/tilting_at_windmills/tilting_at_windmills.aspx

(link is at the bottom of the page)

(If you aren't like me and have lots of disposable income, you should purchase a hardcopy or the official Kindle version!)

Enjoy!
There is no magic greater than honest distortion toward love.
The following 3 users Like Bring4th_Jade's post:
Quan, Steppingfeet, sunnysideup
10-06-2016, 10:48 AM,
I finished the book last week and learned a lot of facts and nuance I didn't understand about the L/L Research story. I highly recommend this book in any format but especially in paperback. Smile

Jeremy
It is not that love will tell you what to do.
It is that love will tell you how to do it with love.
Q'uo 3/19/06
The following 3 users Like rva_jeremy's post:
BlatzAdict, Bring4th_Jade, Steppingfeet
10-06-2016, 11:11 AM,
(10-06-2016, 10:48 AM)jeremy6d Wrote:  I finished the book last week and learned a lot of facts and nuance I didn't understand about the L/L Research story.  I highly recommend this book in any format but especially in paperback. Smile

especially number 4 out of number 66.. 

if you have to read it at all, i highly recommend going to Jeremy's house and taking his since he seems to be done with it. lol
The following 1 user Likes BlatzAdict's post:
rva_jeremy
11-16-2016, 05:08 AM,
I was in tears when i finished this book last night. What a beautiful body,mind and spirit that Don,Carla and Jim has. I found that i have something in common with all of them, but we're still unique and all have our own dance within and for the infinite creator. I'm so grateful for walking on spiritual path and finding so many shining minds, isn't it the most beautiful thing in the world?
The following 8 users Like April Wu's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Bring4th_Plenum, Dekalb_Blues, Nicholas, Patrick, Quan, Steppingfeet, sunnysideup
06-07-2017, 06:31 PM,
I am reading the book now, and I think it's wonderful! It's helping to provide background to some of the events during the contact, and the history of the group, etc. The interview gives us a look into Don, Carla, and Jim's lives and their work with the Ra Contact. Through that I think that we can also look at the spiritual principles and apply those to ourselves.

Thank you very much Gary! You did a great job, I'm glad you did this book.
The following 4 users Like Nau7ik's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Patrick, Quan, Steppingfeet
06-13-2017, 04:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-13-2017, 04:16 PM by Steppingfeet.)
(06-07-2017, 06:31 PM)Nau7ik Wrote:  I am reading the book now, and I think it's wonderful! It's helping to provide background to some of the events during the contact, and the history of the group, etc. The interview gives us a look into Don, Carla, and Jim's lives and their work with the Ra Contact. Through that I think that we can also look at the spiritual principles and apply those to ourselves.

Thank you very much Gary! You did a great job, I'm glad you did this book.

I'm so glad you found the material useful, Nau7ik!

It was becoming apparent that Carla was nearing the final stages of her incarnation. I knew the task of simply documenting the biographies of the organization and the people needed completed. Though it goes completely unrecognized by most within the dream of third density, what Don, Carla, and Jim achieved is perhaps quite literally historically unprecedented, perhaps unprecedented across many planes and planets.

But however the world may or may not view their work, I knew what unquantifiable impact it's had upon my life. If I had to live in this world without the Confederation perspective I think I would drown in the ocean of third-density confusion and madness, even. With perspective and orientation one knows how to navigate and relate to this world; one knows how to see through the pain to the love in the moment, to see the sacred nature of all experience, whatever the distortion, and to understand the awesome responsibilities and possibilities that arise with the development of will and faith.

Outside of the gift of being raised and protected by two more or less loving parents, the gift of Carla, Don, and Jim is greater than any I have received in life. All the more so knowing what Carla risked to bring through that information. My gratitude for their work and their lives will stretch into every future incarnation to come.

There were moments when working on the publication of Tilting, or when writing the short-form version Quixotic Quest, that I cried with gratitude, tears for their lives along with the honor of the opportunity to offer these services. Those two projects were unique in my life in striking a chord very clearly inside that said, yes, I was put here on Earth to do this. Naturally I presume that I am fulfilling my pre-incarnational mission in my work for L/L Research in general, and fulfilling my pre-incarnational objectives when my being radiates each time I turn to the open heart, but these two projects brought that sense of purpose fulfillment acutely into awareness.

Not many Law of One readers are interested in how the material came to be, but for those who are, I am glad that they have a comprehensive document for their research. And outside of strictly biographical interest, context is important to any field of inquirynothing transpires outside of context. I hope that this work helps to provide such for the interested seeker.

Thank you again, Nau7ik; and thanks to everyone in this thread who took a moment to express gratitude. It is received and much appreciated. : )

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
The following 7 users Like Steppingfeet's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Bring4th_Plenum, Diana, Jim Kent +, Nau7ik, Quan, rva_jeremy
06-15-2017, 06:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2017, 01:18 PM by Bring4th_Austin. Edit Reason: Weird bug. )
Yes my heart also goes out to you.. 
Thank you Gary absoluately amazing and inspiring work. 
Wonderful to read and help garner a new perspective on Law of One world so to speak.
A boots on the ground view. 
Provided many many hours of meditation and and contemplation for me, and will many more in years to come. 
Im sure with others to who have read it.  Angel
The following 3 users Like Quan's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Nau7ik, Steppingfeet
10-17-2017, 05:21 AM,
thanks again to L/L for making this available as a free PDF: http://www.llresearch.org/library/tilting_at_windmills/tilting_at_windmills.pdf

I bought the kindle version, and am having a blast with it.

It's great getting further anecdotes on Don's life and character Smile

Thanks again.  It's been out for a year, and only now getting round to it Smile

Namaste.

great job with the interviews Gary!

Angel
The following 3 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Patrick, rva_jeremy, Steppingfeet
11-07-2017, 09:48 AM,
from Tilting at Windmills.

A testament to how much weight Carla lost during the Ra contact years.  She's about to vanish!

[Image: u64aymMl.jpg]

[larger]
The following 2 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Patrick, rva_jeremy