Wisdom in evaluating sources outside of L/L Research
08-14-2010, 09:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2010, 10:01 PM by Steppingfeet.)
RE: Wisdom in evaluating sources outside of L/L Research
Thank you Lorna, Monica, Questioner, and Shemaya. : )

Monica, you're right! That individual should have used "wary" and I should have responded the same. Oh... i am so weary of my mishaps in vocabulary. = )

(08-12-2010, 10:29 PM)Shemaya Wrote:  I feel a place like this is so much about community and common-unity is how we will bring 4th the new earth.

"Common-unity" is new to me and is a very singing term, thank you for introducing it to my brain! It belongs with word plays like "together" is to-get-there.

(08-12-2010, 10:29 PM)Shemaya Wrote:  I was a moderator on a forum for awhile and found it difficult, and this was one of the problems. When outside material was introduced, boy did the hammer come down! Often it was just an oversight of the rules by a new registrant... the rules did not allow external links, but also if someone mentioned other works, there was an overbearing critical and authoritative opinion offered that, frankly, was not conducive to community.

The moderators definitely do what they can to guard the focus and polarity of the discussion, but never in an overbearing or critical way. Neither Monica, Steve, nor I would have done well in the environment you describe.

(08-12-2010, 10:29 PM)Shemaya Wrote:  It's been interesting watching this conversation evolve, because I can really understand both points of view.

Me too. It is definitely a two-sided issue, I don't think there is a clear right or wrong answer, or "best" or "not best" for the forums.

I resonate a great deal with the not dissimilar standpoints of Unity100 and βαθμιαίος, but the arguments made to the contrary by Ali, Questioner, Namaste, and thefool pulled equally at my heart.

Especially Questioner who at one point basically said, "Yes, I can go elsewhere to discuss other channeled sources of information, but I want to discuss those sources with these people of the Bring4th community whose opinions I value, respects, admire, and trust." Had he used other words, he might have said, "...those who I consider extended family and/or friends".

At the same time (and this is a response to thefool, if you're reading this), while our mission here is the mission of community - and the larger mission of the light that community generates and the aid to the planet which results - any conversation, even one involving hundreds of entities from around the globe on a diverse range of topics, needs a focus, needs something towards which conversation aims in order to be most productive. In my thinking at least.

Casual conversation without conscious direction can have great benefits in terms of building bridges between otherwise separated people, connecting them on the common ground of shared thought and feeling, but for a conversation to survey and map a new landscape, or mine more deeply into the hidden interior, or refine existing understanding, focus and consistency are necessary prerequisites, imho.

I think that contemplation on the coherency of a laser would be helpful here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser. The more that we are able to uncover, discuss, debate, integrate, and ultimately represent a basic set of principles in our own lives - testing those principles against the varied manifestations of our own experience, grounding and refining them in the fire or self-honesty and openness with others - the more we, I believe, generate a less dispersed and thereby more useful light source - powerful, effective, and penetrating.

Ra hints to the possibilities available to seekers who find common direction and set their eyes along a single trajectory in this 13.23 excerpt: "...the thought-forms of your people during this transition period are such that the mind/body/spirit complexes of both individual and societies are scattered throughout the spectrum instead of becoming able to grasp the needle, shall we say, and point the compass in one direction."

Whether broadening the range of an already broad focus will dilute the potential for the development of collective metaphysical coherency or whether it will serve to enhance, sharpen, refine, and distill that aim is debatable. I for one cannot claim knowing either way.

Thefool, the mission statement you quoted applies to the entire website, not exclusively to the forums. As it was initially conceived, the objectives listed in the mission statement were to be served by the interlocking components of chat room, blogs, forums, seeker connector pages, community calendar (which still exists!), the PM system, etc. Each of these was designed to help facilitate the larger mission of fostering and nurturing community. The forums had a more focused mission which was codified in the Bring4th Forum Guidelines. The front page mission statement and the forum guidelines are not contradictory, they are complementary, it is just that the latter had a slightly more specific aim, though it was the latter that become the heart and soul of the community, the other pieces more or less falling by the wayside.

So, I'm rambling. As mentioned previously, Carla was presented with the arguments put forth in this thread. She responded to the moderators yesterday, but the conversation is ongoing, nothing is final. I'll let everyone know where things stand come Monday, maybe Tuesday.

(08-12-2010, 10:29 PM)Shemaya Wrote:  Whatever you decide to do, you really do have a special place on the web here, a protected sacred space, truly a temple and community. Just the little time I've been here has uplifted me so much, and I am gratefulHeart

Thank you for that, Shemaya. I feel the same way. Pure (as I would define it) philosophy tends to attract pure seekers, and when a means is provided to connect those seekers, the ramifications of the combined and mutually strengthened energy circuits is the stuff that makes the world go round. = )

Love & Light,
GLB

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2010, 10:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-14-2010, 10:19 PM by Questioner.)
Thanks for the update, Gary.

(08-14-2010, 09:24 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  Q...might have said, "...those who I consider extended family and/or friends"

That's accurate and I kind of wish I'd put it that way. I certainly do consider this wonderful community to be an extended family of faith and friendship. As with all wonderful communities and families, there's a natural desire towards ever more expressive sharing and communication. I hope that sense of respect and loving intention comes through in my posts on the subject, however those intentions may ultimately be best expressed.

Looking at the LLR history, I notice that Don and Carla had their first several years gathering material, without preconception. Through their extensive cross-referencing, they then discovered that the very same message was coming forth through countless contactees. It seems to me that it was this research that made them channelers through storytelling in Esmerelda, and then direct channelers with Jim's arrival completing preconditions for the Ra contact - a discussion which Don's research had brilliantly prepared him to insightfully explore.

I think it's important to note that IF this forum was open to outside material, that would not in any way take anything from the marvelous unique value of the Ra and Q'uo contacts, and of the devotional lives and service of Don, Carla, Jim, and the rest of the LLR team. Think of sending laser light through fiber optics: several different colors of laser beams can pass through the same fiber at once, all together guided towards their destination. This is how I feel the many positive sources currently available express different facets of unified themes, multiple colors shining the same light of the Creator's activities, through the densities, and into our shared hopes for personal and planetary redemption.

Meanwhile, IF the decision is made to think of laser light in terms of that which LLR has brought forth, I'll respect that too and be grateful for the thoughtful, reflective reconsideration of the policy. Merely the opportunity for give and take in this thread has in itself been healing for me... Most of the people I've known would have entirely cut off all contact after the first or second round of discussion, rather than honoring each person's worth while respectfully disagreeing with their conclusions.

If there is a tightened focus on this site, I would like to find a core group of b4 participants who'd like to co-moderate a companion site that seeks to match b4's style, both technically and spiritually, in hopes that equally high-quality conversation could occur about the other sources. This would only be for the discussions prohibited on b4. Also, if the focus of b4 is clarified as LLR channeling only, I'd still hope that we could have a topic to look at what LLR has to say about how to evaluate other spiritual sources... even if the application of those standards has to occur elsewhere.

I'll wait now to see how things develop next week.
08-17-2010, 10:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2010, 10:28 AM by Eddie.)
Those of you following this thread might appreciate the message shown in this video:

Message through Tom Kenyon, August 3rd

If you wish to discuss it, perhaps the discussion should be at another web site, for example the aforementioned Friends-of-Thotheb.

Link to full text, not all of which is shown in the video:

The Art of Jumping Timelines
08-17-2010, 11:10 PM,
Dear friends,

50 some minutes left till my Tuesday deadline is over!

Just wanted to chime with an update that the debate is ongoing among and between moderators and Carla on the issue discussed in this thread.

I'm aiming for a Thursday resolution - fingers crossed - and will post results as soon as they are available.

Love to all and to all a good night's rest - if in your part of the country it is time for dreaming,
GLB

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
08-17-2010, 11:35 PM,
Thanks for the update, Gary. Smile Please don't sacrifice thoroughness for speed in your deliberations!

Patiently waiting in love. I find this whole ordeal a little humorous. hehe...
"A mountain holds an echo deep inside. That's how I hold your voice."
08-18-2010, 01:54 AM,
I will gladly pay you Thursday for a forum post today.
[Image: wimpy_hamburgers_popeye.jpg]
Big Grin or should I say Tongue
08-18-2010, 03:02 PM,
The only thing I would like to add is that- FOCUS is a physical concept. Yes we need focus to accomplish great things in physical world. When we focus on one thing we exclude other things.

But in the spiritual matters there is the concept of 'ABUNDANCE' and there is the concept of 'infinite supply'. When we give, more is made available to us. More love is shared more becomes available to all. There is no exclusion here but more inclusion.

I believe our fears about other channelers taking over the site are a little exaggerated. There is also the concept of 'RESONANCE'. We have a high vibrational resonance on this site and anything else will not be able to withstand it for a long time. Only like beings of the loving accpeting nature would be attracted and stay attracted to this site. We must have more faith in our ability to attract right kind of beings to us.

I believe we will have more like minded people joining us and learning more about Law of One. Thus enriching the whole community with their sharing...' ENRICHMENT'
08-18-2010, 03:18 PM,
that is not quite correct.

focus is also present on spiritual matters. the work of 5th density, or 5th ray is gaining intensification. and the adept who works on 6th ray works with discipline and focus.

even the particular node of the intelligent infinity that creates this solar system and its vicinity, is focusing through the manifestation known as sun.
can reach me@ unity100-gmail
08-18-2010, 03:22 PM,
I’ve been busy lately and have only come into reading this thread. If….the staff of LL still feels like they want to keep the focus of these pages on the LOO specifically…I would offer the use of another spiritual and open minded forum for those alternate discussions. (I’m a Moderator there). Its an open forum discussing almost everything…it was invitation only for several years, but only recently has opened up for whomever finds it.

That said…we could provide a dedicated folder/thread for the discussion of wherever those paths take us. Or you could peruse the existing threads and begin our discussions wherever.

And then…maybe the LL staff could direct conversations that spring up outside the venue of the LOO to that site...?

Just a thought.

Richard
The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers. ~ Brian Greene

08-18-2010, 05:38 PM,
(08-18-2010, 03:18 PM)unity100 Wrote:  that is not quite correct.

focus is also present on spiritual matters. the work of 5th density, or 5th ray is gaining intensification. and the adept who works on 6th ray works with discipline and focus.

even the particular node of the intelligent infinity that creates this solar system and its vicinity, is focusing through the manifestation known as sun.

I kind of agree with you Unity. Very well put here.

The overall message from my post is still unchanged though...
08-18-2010, 05:52 PM,
My previous post seems to have got lost.

Richard, that's a nice offer.
The topic has come up for some "plan B" brainstorming.
Why don't we wait and see what the decision is here?
We'll probably know either way in a few days.
08-18-2010, 09:13 PM,
Let's talk about the 'Focus' a little bit here. Focus is a good tool for several things but what we are focusing on is paramount. If we are focused on the wrong thing or have a limited focus then there may be unintended consequences... For example: You could be focused on the bath water and throw the child away or you could be focused on the tree and miss the forest or you could be too focused on building your body and miss the mental development... on and on...

So we are back to what should we be focusing on and where is the right balance? Should we focus on 'Law of One' only as elaborated by Ra or should we focus on Law of One from multiple contexts and slants as enumerated by any positive entity?
08-19-2010, 05:06 AM,
If one is attracted evidently to a certain material, s/he should focus on it.
can reach me@ unity100-gmail
08-19-2010, 10:31 AM,
(08-18-2010, 05:52 PM)Questioner Wrote:  My previous post seems to have got lost.

Richard, that's a nice offer.
The topic has come up for some "plan B" brainstorming.
Why don't we wait and see what the decision is here?
We'll probably know either way in a few days.

Here is the URL if you want to peruse the site before deciding....please keep in mind that new accounts are activated manually due to spambots and the Site Administrator (Pen) is in Australia so there may be a bit of a lag between acct creation and activation. Everyone is welcome and a LOO or otherwise designated thread could be set up for alternate discussions along whatever we decide to talk about.

http://missionquest.freepowerboards.com/

We talk openly about almost everything. The discourse is civil and loving...very much like the community here.

Richard
The boldness of asking deep questions may require unforeseen flexibility if we are to accept the answers. ~ Brian Greene

08-19-2010, 01:12 PM,
Thanks Richard. It looks like there is a lot of overlap between the themes there and what we talk about here. I am happy to know of another forum with positivity.

I think that "plan b," if b4 gets a narrow focus defined, is to simply have an opportunity to review various channeled sources and explore how they relate to the LLR teachings. This would not really fit directly into any of the slots on MissionQuest. (And at just 87 members so far, MissionQuest is definitely only a tiny slice of the volume of conversation here, mostly attracted by the amazing Ra and Q'uo material.)

The goal would be to add a sidecar for those who'd like to ride along, not to replace the motorcycle, if that makes sense. And of course all that is moot if the decision here is to broaden b4. We continue to wait and see.

Anyway I do really appreciate the link.
08-19-2010, 08:14 PM,
Hi group,

Gotta be brief. I haven't left this chair for nine hours and daylight is soon to be no more. I must spend at least a few minutes with nature when I can see her in full.

L/L Research is going to give the experimental other channeling sources sub-forum a go.

Much more to say but nighttime increases by the second! Will touch base with everyone in the coming week regarding questions, ideas, and guidelines for this new sub-forum.

Love/Light,
GLB

08-20-2010, 09:56 AM,
Thanks very much for the opportunity, b4 Official Team. I'm excited and look forward to next week's discoveries.
08-20-2010, 10:14 AM,
(08-19-2010, 08:14 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  Hi group,

Gotta be brief. I haven't left this chair for nine hours and daylight is soon to be no more. I must spend at least a few minutes with nature when I can see her in full.

L/L Research is going to give the experimental other channeling sources sub-forum a go.

Much more to say but nighttime increases by the second! Will touch base with everyone in the coming week regarding questions, ideas, and guidelines for this new sub-forum.

Love/Light,
GLB

Great news...
08-22-2010, 09:13 AM,
Thanks Carla and Moderators for your time and consideration and openness to the needs of the Bring4th community.

Big GrinHeart
May all Beings everywhere be happy and free