Principles of Healing: A Discussion
06-07-2017, 01:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2017, 01:32 PM by Agua del Cielo.)
RE: Principles of Healing: A Discussion
(06-07-2017, 10:38 AM)Stranger Wrote:  Agua, it's exciting to find someone else using similar methods.  For people who haven't experienced it first-hand, it's hard to understand the immense transformative power of healing old distortions.  I've cleared out stuff that, for countless lifetimes, has held me back and made life more unpleasant.  It's amazing to clear out something and know that even after this life ends, I'll be more free and joyful.  It's very satisfying to help other people discover their inner world; help them understand why they react to certain situations the way they do; and help them heal and find more peace and freedom from inner emotional tyranny.  Broken bones are important but less so, in the grand scheme of things, in the same way that the physical body is less important long-term than one's polarity or inner harmony, for instance.

I think the question you and Aion have been discussing is a very important one.  What is the relationship between old emotions and current choices?  As far as I've been able to discern, old emotions are triggered by current stimuli and then predispose us toward old patterns of reacting, the way emotions do - e.g., if a situation triggers an old fear, one experiences more intense fear than he/she would otherwise; this makes it more likely that he/she will react by attempting to avoid/escape whatever the current situation is.  

When the old fear is healed using the process we've both been using, then there still seems to be a force of habit that continues to predispose avoidance/escape, even when the fear is no longer present.  Does that tendency dissipate on its own, in your experience?

There's another scenario I've been trying to figure out.  When someone is experiencing acute distress, or continues believing in (i.e., accepting as valid) the distorted perspective of old emotions, they seem to be actually adding to their store of distress rather than healing it.  The intensity of the emotion makes it harder for them to find the calm perspective from which healing of the emotion can be achieved.  I'd be very interested to hear what your approach has been to these types of scenarios.

Pretty hard to pack this in a readable post, without omitting things. so please bear in mind, im only concentrating on certain aspects!
First, a general thing, why i believe it is a crucial ressource to be able to deal with emotions:

When old emotions are being triggered, it usually remders us umconscious, because its simply too much unpleasant stuff. We then act automatically by our old pre-programmed patterns.
There is no one "present" anymore,that could make a decision.
We all know that i think.

so,developing practice in dealing with that gradually imcreases our presence in difficult sitiations intil we can stay completely aware and conscious.
THEN we can make decisions.

The second thing i meant is, the deeper we get (and we get deeper continously on that path), the more intense the energies involved and the harder to stay present.
When we reach the "bottom" eventually, the energies become strong beyond imagination. If you ever comsciously entered a trauma state completely, you know what i mean.

The "practice" of staying present with strong energies not only strengthens our ability to be present significantly, but also prepares our energy system and our body to hold imcreasingly stronger energies.

How deep one wants to go is everybody's decision, im talking extremes here, where you clear all blockages completely...surely not what everybody wants.

I agree with Aion, there are many ways to "access" the self, and surely its not only through ones pain.
I would say, long before you reach the bottom, you have connected with the core of your being at least once in a while, and that core is heal, unwounded and complete.

However, whatever you experienced in your journey is an energy that resides in you until it has been released. tjat would mean, sure, you dont have to heal every little thing in you to lead a beautyful life, but there will always be "something". and you never know what the difference would be.

I would also like to mention "co-ex system", systems of condensed experience, a term by stanislav grof i think.
This way of viewing it indicates, that similar experiences build upon eachother.
When you heal, you go backwards.
An example:
You have been verbally molested in a sexual manner last week, you heal this.
then you realize, you have been physically molested in your youth, you heal this.
then at some point you find, theres something deeper, you for example have been raped as a child.

always the same energy, the same issue, bit imcreasingly more challenging.

I would even say, most of the difficulties we experience are just repetitions of experiences we had in our first three years.
At least i didnt find exceptions neither in my own healing, nor in working with other people.

As for the tendency to still avoid after healing, hmm, that cannot be generalized.
But usually, when there is still avoidance, this would indicate fear that has not yet been healed.
There are many fears that we dont even realize we have, because they are buried too deep.
It might be possible to make conclusions from observing ones life, meaning, if there are effects in my life that look like the result of fear, chances are, there is a fear that i cannot yet feel.
Sorry for the poor explanation, i hope its still umderstandable.

The emotional addictions i meantioned mostly are certain emotional states, that we have become so used to, that we build an identity around it, not mentally but emotionally. We simply would not feel like ourselves anymore, if a life long unpleasant feeling would begone.

As for the "making things worse" part, yes, i agree totally. Any time you become unconscious in sich a situation you dont heal but add even more to the original charge of energy.

A final word to the practice and energy part:
that doesnt only apply to "negative" emotions!
We also are afraid of positive emotions when they exceed the strength we are used to, its also helpful inthat area.
And ultimately, the ones that experienced enlightened states or intelligent infinity probably observed this:

There is a very very strong energy involved, very oftenthese "states" arebeing experienced while notreally in the body, on a physical level.
It needs also a lot of preparation to be able to "embody" this, to experience this while consciously IN the physical body.

Oh, and a even more final note:
i think the important part is to reach a point, where you dont fear facing a given emotion anymore.
Then it doesnt control you anymore.
If it arises, so what, it will subside again. you donthave to run away, deny, controlorwhateveranymore.

This usually happens quite some time nefore an issue is healed completely.
Butthen it even doesnt matterthat much anymore if you heal it or not, since you re already freed from its grip!

edit:
sorry, i forgot the "choices" part Smile
I believe its crucial to make choices, no change will occur to make choices.
Probably everybody agress here.

However, we can only make choices in a conscious state. But that should be practiced and strengthened!

When we are unconscious, there is nobody "home" that would have choice, an automatic program will act out then, as mentioned above.

And, we have to be in a position of authority to make a choice!
By that i mean, there have been decisions made by your "system" to protect you. All patterns that tesult from trauma fall in that category.
The choice we can make then only can go as deep as the healing process has progressed.

Only when you have accessed this state or situation in question can you make a choice. Otherwise your system will not "respect" your authority and keep on with its own program!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Agua del Cielo's post:
Infinite Unity
06-10-2017, 08:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2017, 08:40 AM by Nau7ik.)
The core principles I have experienced as part of my healing of self was/is the open heart, specifically acceptance and understanding. I am of the anger disposition. I have a lot of fire. (I'm an Aries ascendant if that helps).

My biggest source of catalyst is my relationship with my father. I had finally got sick and tired of being angry all of the time. It was suggested to me at a synchronistic time that what I don't like in another may be what I haven't seen and accepted within myself.

A huge shift in the relationship happened at that point. It's still a work in progress, but my anger has significantly lessened after seeing those qualities of myself in the mirror of another.

I believe that understanding and acceptance are key here. One can begin to trace these patterns of mind to their origin and look at the unhealed pain with an eye to understanding. Paying attention to the "triggers" that begin playing that specific "tape" in mind. We don't have to let the tape play because it can lead us around in circles. I see it as pointless to continually go around in circles at being angry and upset. I've done that many times and it's unnecessary. It's a waste of time and it ruins one's attitude. It's so easy to fall back into those patterns. But one can then begin to see that one doesn't have to be unjustly angry or fall back into old patterns. Compassion naturally develops for the self and other-self.

Another incredibly helpful tool that has helped me heal is to see another as the Creator. I also did this when I was angry at my father, and amazingly that anger started to fall away as my heart began to open. This works, and I definitely want to refine this "seeing". I suggest it to others. Ra suggested it.

Anyway I hope this helps and conforms to the guidelines set out for this thread.
The following 2 users Like Nau7ik's post:
hounsic, Steppingfeet
06-13-2017, 01:52 AM,
For myself, I feel that Nau7ik touches something very close to what I feel. I am really lucky to rarely be sick but truly when I start to develop something i think my very first reaction was to feel anger, probably linked to the fear that lesser health is going to prevent me from doing all the things I so wanted to do in one day, lol.

So at one point I decided to really immediately have compassion for my body which in fact was telling me something has gone awry. It really changed the way I was healing. lol I think our cells are so much smarter than our own mental.. Wink
The following 1 user Likes flofrog's post:
Nau7ik
06-22-2017, 10:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2017, 10:13 PM by JerryF.)
Tipping points
(Social healing)

How can we get to positive tipping points in society more quickly?

Some people think voting is an effective way to produce healing in society.  The track record shows that faith to be often misplaced.

People might be surprised at how far below 50% is needed to reach a tipping point.

The phrase “a thousand points of light” was created by speechwriters for George H.W. Bush.  The slogan was effective in collecting votes and promoting volunteerism.

I get a different image when thinking of that slogan.  I don’t recall where I read it:  viewing earth from outer space, visualize many pinpoints of light on the surface of the globe and becoming more numerous, merging.

I used to remind myself of the guideline, “Heal your own life and you help heal your society.”  Sure, I can be of more service to others by moving beyond my previous traumas.  One drawback to that guideline is that it can be used as an excuse to postpone giving and helping.
06-23-2017, 12:27 PM,
(06-22-2017, 10:08 PM)JerryF Wrote:  I used to remind myself of the guideline, “Heal your own life and you help heal your society.”  Sure, I can be of more service to others by moving beyond my previous traumas.  One drawback to that guideline is that it can be used as an excuse to postpone giving and helping.

If a person is in denial and using excuses, well, that's their issue. They will eventually move forward and break inertia.

Even wounded, we can can give and help. To give is to lend support, to do things such as listen. For example, I have openly talked with people, even relative strangers, about their cancer. I just listen and don't prescribe any course of treatment because I don't want to weaken their belief systems. I always sense relief from them, as most people are too afraid to talk to them about it. Just being in a state of love and acceptance of who they are and where they are at is the gift.

But to try to heal others is not necessary, and blurs the line into controlling others. By being healed yourself, your energy will affect others. If you are asked a question, you will know how to answer without being attached to the outcome. If you are not healed, you will be attached to your wounds with emotional content and a feeling of no control, so it follows that you will be seeking control and this translates to other people's problems. I'm making this rather black and white, because there probably are no completely healed people on this planet. But I do think healing self is the very first step. For all others, love and acceptance.

If we address the subject of coming across a car accident or a starving person, we do what needs to be done to alleviate suffering. This is rather different than desiring to heal others.
The following 1 user Likes Diana's post:
Cainite
06-26-2017, 03:30 PM,
(06-02-2017, 01:39 PM)Diana Wrote:  In my opinion, the greatest healers would be those who have no desire to heal. They are healed. And their healed energy translates itself to others. It's not that they don't have empathy or compassion—what I mean is that they have no desire to fix anything. They simply exist as healed entities who by their energetic examples, lift the whole, or by their nature translate a healing state to those who recognize it and are attracted to it.

I think your whole post (some of which is quoted above) was very excellently stated. I took insight from it.

I'm not so sure regarding the exactitude of the healer having "no desire to heal," but it reminded me of this one:

66.15 Questioner: Is this desire and will that operates through to the time/space section a function only of the entity who is healed, or is it also the function of the healer, the crystallized healer?

Ra: I am Ra. May we take this opportunity to say that this is the activity of the Creator. To specifically answer your query, the crystallized healer has no will. It offers an opportunity without attachment to the outcome, for it is aware that all is one, and that the Creator is knowing Itself.

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
The following 1 user Likes Steppingfeet's post:
Stranger
07-10-2017, 02:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2017, 02:36 PM by Steppingfeet.)
A fellow posted this to L/L's Facebook page recently. It speaks eloquently to the surrender of will in the healer offering itself in service:

[Edit: this is a Q'uo excerpt]

"When we speak of loving from the yellow-ray energy center, we are speaking of willing oneself to love. The emotions that you are given with your physical body are finite. They can be exhausted and we do not encourage the attempt to love and to serve from the yellow ray. Let us give you an example, my brother.

Say that a healer wishes to heal another who is ill and the healer has a good deal of personal power, a real gift for healing. The healer can do one of two things. It can work from the yellow ray or it can work from the green ray. If it works from the yellow ray, it has not engaged the open heart, it has not ascended to the gateway of intelligent infinity to ask for help from spirit. There is simply the decision that that person needs healing and it’s going to be done. And so the healer engages with the one to be healed and perhaps touches that patient and perhaps is even able to reduce or eliminate pain for a given period of time. But the energy of human intent without spirit’s aid becomes exhausted after an hour or a day. The comfort that was desired to be given is given but then it is taken away because the energy is exhausted.

Now, the one who heals from the green ray empties the self of all but the intent to act as an instrument for the infinite love and light of the one Creator and it allows itself to be used as an instrument of healing by spirit, which moves through that precious nexus that you represent, that place where infinite energies can come into a finite world. That energy is intelligent. It knows where it needs to go and how it needs to work. There is no need for thought. There is no need for effort. There is only the need to offer oneself as an instrument, then infinite energy flows through which is never exhausted.

It is the same way, my brother, with love itself. You can school your behavior to imitate loving others, but you cannot force yourself to love others, for you become exhausted. However, if you open your heart against all odds sometimes, against the resistance of the surrounding ambiance, and simply rest in the open heart, love can flow through you on a continuing basis."

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
The following 2 users Like Steppingfeet's post:
Cainite, Stranger
07-10-2017, 03:16 PM,
(07-10-2017, 02:54 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  A fellow posted this to L/L's Facebook page recently. It speaks eloquently to the surrender of will in the healer offering itself in service:

"When we speak of loving from the yellow-ray energy center, we are speaking of willing oneself to love. The emotions that you are given with your physical body are finite. They can be exhausted and we do not encourage the attempt to love and to serve from the yellow ray. Let us give you an example, my brother.

Say that a healer wishes to heal another who is ill and the healer has a good deal of personal power, a real gift for healing. The healer can do one of two things. It can work from the yellow ray or it can work from the green ray. If it works from the yellow ray, it has not engaged the open heart, it has not ascended to the gateway of intelligent infinity to ask for help from spirit. There is simply the decision that that person needs healing and it’s going to be done. And so the healer engages with the one to be healed and perhaps touches that patient and perhaps is even able to reduce or eliminate pain for a given period of time. But the energy of human intent without spirit’s aid becomes exhausted after an hour or a day. The comfort that was desired to be given is given but then it is taken away because the energy is exhausted.

Now, the one who heals from the green ray empties the self of all but the intent to act as an instrument for the infinite love and light of the one Creator and it allows itself to be used as an instrument of healing by spirit, which moves through that precious nexus that you represent, that place where infinite energies can come into a finite world. That energy is intelligent. It knows where it needs to go and how it needs to work. There is no need for thought. There is no need for effort. There is only the need to offer oneself as an instrument, then infinite energy flows through which is never exhausted.

It is the same way, my brother, with love itself. You can school your behavior to imitate loving others, but you cannot force yourself to love others, for you become exhausted. However, if you open your heart against all odds sometimes, against the resistance of the surrounding ambiance, and simply rest in the open heart, love can flow through you on a continuing basis."

So for green ray healing, one shouldn't do anything at all? I mean the breathing, the visualizing and...?

This is much like Taheri's channelings in Tehran. he's in prison now because of teaching the Law of One and healing. the mullahs are very negatively polarized.. poor guy.
07-12-2017, 02:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2017, 02:42 PM by Steppingfeet.)
(07-10-2017, 03:16 PM)Cainite Wrote:  So for green ray healing, one shouldn't do anything at all? I mean the breathing, the visualizing and...?

The healer certainly exercises the will and does things. Ranging from their training and work and personal spiritual development to the particular techniques they use in the course of healing.

What this quote (which, btw, was from Q'uo--I didn't properly identify) and the Confederation in general say is that the healer isn't the one who is doing the healing, precisely.

Here's Ra:
  • 66.10 Questioner: What is the difference, philosophically, between a mind/body/spirit complex healing itself through mental, shall I say, configuration or it being healed by an healer?

Ra:
    I am Ra. You have a misconception. The healer does not heal. The crystallized healer is a channel for intelligent energy which offers an opportunity to an entity that it might heal itself.

In no case is there an other description of healing. Therefore, there is no difference as long as the healer never approaches one whose request for aid has not come to it previously. This is also true of the more conventional healers of your culture and if these healers could but fully realize that they are responsible only for offering the opportunity of healing, and not for the healing, many of these entities would feel an enormous load of misconceived responsibility fall from them.
  • 4.20 Ra: One of the primal distortions of the Law of One is that of healing. Healing occurs when a mind/body/spirit complex realizes, deep within itself, the Law of One; that is, that there is no disharmony, no imperfection; that all is complete and whole and perfect. Thus, the intelligent infinity within this mind/body/spirit complex re-forms the illusion of body, mind, or spirit to a form congruent with the Law of One. The healer acts as energizer or catalyst for this completely individual process.

One item which may be of interest is that a healer asking to learn must take the distortion understood as responsibility for that ask/receiving, thus healing. This is a[n] honor/duty which must be carefully considered in free will before the asking.

The following 1 user Likes Steppingfeet's post:
Cainite
07-12-2017, 02:59 PM,
(07-12-2017, 02:40 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  In no case is there an other description of healing. Therefore, there is no difference as long as the healer never approaches one whose request for aid has not come to it previously.

I just want to add that it's possible to approach someone with an offer of healing without having any explicit contact with them. Instead, recognizing that we all share one mind, it's possible to focus on the person - whatever info you have about them - and get in touch with them mentally. It is not a trick; we all have the capacity to do this, we just don't know that we can. It's also taught in Usui Reiki as part of the distance-healing section.
08-09-2017, 11:58 AM,
A few quotes from a compassionate healer, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
(The Wheel of Life, 1997):

You cannot heal the world without healing yourself first.

Every one of the thousands of patients I spoke to about their near-death experiences recalled going into the light and being asked, “How much love have you been able to give and receive?  How much service have you rendered?”

All the hardships that come to you in life are in reality like gifts. They are an opportunity to grow.