I'm out of here. (Interpersonal Relationships on B4)
04-01-2011, 01:33 PM,
RE: I'm out of here. (Interpersonal Relationships on B4)
(04-01-2011, 12:33 AM)Ocean Wrote:  [quote='3DMonkey' pid='33412' dateline='1301542550']
have you read the book Momo?

It was translated into english as "The grey gentlemen". I read it when I was a child. Beautiful story. Thanks Ocean.

Plot summary:
In the ruins of an amphitheatre just outside an unnamed city lives Momo, a little girl of mysterious origin. She is remarkable in the neighbourhood because she has the extraordinary ability to listen — really listen. By simply being with people and listening to them, she can help them find answers to their problems, make up with each other, and think of fun games. The advice given to people "go and see Momo!" has become a household phrase and Momo makes many friends, especially an honest street-cleaner, Beppo, and a poetic tour guide, Guido.

This pleasant atmosphere is spoiled by the arrival of the Men in Grey. These strange individuals represent the Timesavings Bank and promote the idea of "timesaving" among the population, time which can be deposited to the Bank and returned to the client later with interest. They then make people forget all about them but not about the resolution to save as much time as possible for later use. Gradually, the sinister influence of the Men in Grey affects the whole city: life becomes sterile, devoid of all things considered time-wasting, like social activities, recreation, art, imagination, or sleeping. Buildings and clothing are made exactly the same for everyone and the rhythms of life become hectic. In reality the more time people save the less they have; the time they save is actually lost to them. Instead, it is consumed by the Men in Grey in the form of cigars made from the dried petals of the hour: lilies that represent time. Without these cigars the Men in Grey cannot exist.

Momo, however, is a wrench in the plans of the Timesaving Bank thanks to her special personality. The Men in Grey try various plans to take care of her, derailing her from stopping their scheme, but they all fail. When even her closest friends fall under the influence of the Men in Grey in one way or another, Momo's only hope to save the time of mankind is the personification of Time Professor Secundus Minutus Hora (Second Minute Hour) and Cassiopeia, a tortoise which can communicate through writing on her shell and can see thirty minutes into the future. Momo's adventure will take her from the depths of her heart, where her own time flows from in the form of lovely hour-lilies, to the lair of the Men in Grey themselves, where the time people believe they save is hoarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes kia's post:
Ocean
04-02-2011, 01:05 AM,
(04-01-2011, 09:34 AM)litllady Wrote:  With all of that said.
Im so thankful that posts are not usually deleted and interrupted through strict moderation. I have experienced another forum that only allows you to say certain things and strictly decides what is on topic and what is not and I applaud this forum for letting people experience 'true discussion' back and forth between people. Even though Bring the 4th supports the LOO...people are able to give their thoughts and opinions without (for the most part) their thoughts being edited or removed. So I thankful for a site that lets us grow in our own space and need.

Love to all
Lynette

Thanks for the feedback, Lynette! Smile
04-02-2011, 01:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-02-2011, 01:49 AM by Ocean.)
(04-01-2011, 11:59 AM)3DMonkey Wrote:  
(04-01-2011, 12:33 AM)Ocean Wrote:  have you read the book Momo?
No. I'll look it up. What? Will it explain my neurosis?

there's a character that waits a long time to speak. i was intrigued. because i always spoke my mind. i didn't understand how someone could wait so long. but the whole book is really interesting. of course written by a wanderer.
thanks kia. i read it as a kid too. it's full of teachings and wisdom. Michael Ende also wrote The Neverending Story. Smile
04-02-2011, 05:36 AM,
hmmm funny u guys bring up that story i see a parallel between that story and my taking a break from the forums to think about my actions.

and as soon as i start to understand and see people in a different way. someone on facebook accused me of something i accused unity of earlier and then deleted/blocked me.

feels like a karmic wheel that just started to spin. does this mean i've switched realities? i have no idea. i feel like i'm growing as a person, while sad and affected by this recent move of a friend, I feel as though I've gained wisdom.
Though now I feel as if I can look at differing views with a more detached and levelheaded perspective, I'm not so sure if others can do the same.

Whenever I make jumps in conciousness like this, I find myself parting with old people and automatically befriending new ones. In spiritual terms it would be described as a raising energetic frequency that I am operating on that is no longer compatible with the old freqency people still hold. Then again with this revelation of not wanting to separate from those we disagree with and coming to some sort of resolution, I find it even more disheartening.

I think that is what led me to this forum in the first place, to have a "home" to come "home" to? Do wanderers ever get sick of wandering? It's funny now that I think about it in almost any social situation that is a party I find myself talking to everyone at least once wandering from person to person. har har.

sorry guys for the rant.. but it feels good to be home.
@3D monkey - neurosis and all Smile
The following 3 users Like BlatzAdict's post:
Bring4th_Plenum, Conifer16, Monica
04-02-2011, 05:41 AM,
(04-02-2011, 05:36 AM)BlatzAdict Wrote:  ...but it feels good to be home

Good to have you back, dear friend.
01-08-2012, 01:05 PM,
(04-02-2011, 05:36 AM)BlatzAdict Wrote:  and as soon as i start to understand and see people in a different way. someone on facebook accused me of something i accused unity of earlier and then deleted/blocked me.

haha. That's the nature of catalyst; it repeats itself until you can't ignore it no more.

I can recall vividly in the last 6 months that I've thought of something or someone, and thought 'what a prick. He is so deficient in quality x. He needs to be more y'. And then I have a conversation later in the day with a friend, and whoa, I start thinking 'he is so deficient in quality x. He needs to be more y'. By the third time it happens, I finally realise, 'oh s***! I'm deficient in quality x and need to be more y'.

it's all projection, it's all shadow work.

as Ra says:

The third discipline of the mind is a repetition of the first but with the gaze outward towards the fellow entities that it meets. In each entity there exists completeness. Thus, the ability to understand each balance is necessary. When you view patience, you are responsible for mirroring in your mental understanding, patience/impatience. When you view impatience, it is necessary for your mental configuration of understanding to be impatience/patience. We use this as a simple example. Most configurations of mind have many facets, and understanding of either self polarities, or what you would call other-self polarities, can and must be understood as subtle work.

yes, people are flawed, yes they need to do work on themselves. But there are a million things that our mind could pay attention to, and yet we pick out 1 or 2 things at a time. That tells us what's going on in our subterranean self.