Bring4th Usability Suggestions
03-11-2011, 07:23 AM,
Bring4th Usability Suggestions
Afternoon. And what a beautiful afternoon it is here in the UK :¬)

Two minor things...

http://awesomescreenshot.com/081911t97

1. Put View Today's Posts on one line (Chrome)

Add ...

Code:
width: 400px

to the CSS definition...

Code:
ul.menu

2. Add Messages link to the forum template (not in that red of course, just happens to be the default colour of the screen grab application).

Having it only accessible from the dashboard is a bit of a usability no-no (it's forum functionality, after all). Users tend to bookmark for 'less clicks', i.e. here:

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1

Rather than the dashboard.

L&L
03-11-2011, 02:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011, 02:30 PM by turtledude23.)
RE: Bring4th Usability Suggestions
Yeah, having to go to dashboard to check messages is annoying for people who know about, and frustrating for people who don't because they can go months without responding to someone's message to them. I've never even heard of MyBB before I joined this forum, but I'm actually glad that this forum doesn't look familiar visually because then I might unconsciously attach all the negative thought forms I had when I used to argue alot and be aggressive on other forums years ago.

Also how about increasing the signature limit from 25 characters? Most of us want to put Confederation quotes in our sigs but can't.
Laugh and enjoy yourself
- Quo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2011, 03:33 PM,
In current light of the following post, I'd like to suggest that a new indicator column be provided on "Today's Posts" that reads either "drama" or "no drama".

(03-11-2011, 03:06 PM)turtledude23 Wrote:  It seems to me its easy to unnecessarily prolong drama by talking about approaching things from this ray or that ray, but do any of us truly know what that even means? We're all just speculating. Why not just go with your gut? My gut, and logic, both tell me that If I'm not seeing eye to eye with someone on a particular discussion and causing drama, that it would be better for me to just move on and ignore it. Arguing with a politician on TV might be different, your persistence could get a point across to the public and bring change, but on a forum? Come on. If unity and 3Dmonkey don't agree on something and misinterpret each others remarks then why not just leave it alone? We don't have to solve all issues. If you really want to look at this from a "higher ray" why not consider that: some people read a thread to learn about and discuss the topic of the title and original post, not to get caught up in drama or try to filter out which posts are drama and which posts aren't. You could do the green, blue, and indigo things all at once by creating a separate topic for this stuff - some of us actually want to discuss the topic this thread was created for.
Come On!!! Laugh and enjoy yourself SmileSmile
Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes 3DMonkey's post:
Bring4th_Plenum
03-11-2011, 03:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011, 03:54 PM by turtledude23.)
(03-11-2011, 03:33 PM)3DMonkey Wrote:  In current light of the following post, I'd like to suggest that a new indicator column be provided on "Today's Posts" that reads either "drama" or "no drama".

I think that's a good idea. But I don't understand how the rest of your post was relevant to this topic.
Laugh and enjoy yourself
- Quo
03-11-2011, 03:58 PM,
(03-11-2011, 03:53 PM)turtledude23 Wrote:  
(03-11-2011, 03:33 PM)3DMonkey Wrote:  In current light of the following post, I'd like to suggest that a new indicator column be provided on "Today's Posts" that reads either "drama" or "no drama".

I think that's a good idea.

Any volunteers to judge the threads hence?

123 not it Wink
(03-11-2011, 03:53 PM)turtledude23 Wrote:  

I think that's a good idea. But I don't understand how the rest of your post was relevant to this topic.

I read that and laughed. Then I got nervous. Then I laughed. Then nervous. Then laugh. Now I'm not sure... Well I'm sure this is irrelevant to changes now, but I'm not sure if you kidding or not.

(confused style intentional in hopes of more humor)
03-11-2011, 04:17 PM,
I don't really understand what you're saying at times, many of your posts are unclear.
Laugh and enjoy yourself
- Quo
03-11-2011, 04:29 PM,
I really suck at this.
Post #3 was a light hearted joke with pure intentions of humor. I chose your post because you signature suggests that you, particularly, would enjoy it. I have misread that as well. I am sorry. I can erase it all if you request.
03-11-2011, 04:49 PM,
There's no need to erase anything or condemn yourself, you are perfect the way you are - to yourself. But it's helpful to remember that communicating with another veiled 3D person on earth has varying degrees of clarity, with clarity decreasing even more in text only communication. My signature is reminder to myself because I have trouble with taking things not so seriously.
Laugh and enjoy yourself
- Quo
03-11-2011, 05:10 PM,
Usability suggestion: implement GoMobile or Tapatalk access when it is available for myBB.

Drama suggestions: there should be plenty of drama in every post, if we are in fact living in each moment fully. Smile

We have a "like" button now. Maybe we could add a drama rating button.. scale of 1 to 10 for drama content.

At the end of the week, we can have an award for the biggest drama queen.
i.e:
This Week's Drama Queen is: seejay21 (I'd try to win every week of course)

This would be next to "View Today's Post's".
The following 2 users Like seejay21's post:
@ndy, turtledude23
03-11-2011, 05:45 PM,
That's an even better idea seejay.

You know i'm competition. Better keep me close.
03-15-2011, 05:04 PM,
Methinks I shall forward this thread to Steve! Tongue Thanks for the suggestions, Namaste and everyone! I'm sure every one will be considered... no matter how seriously they were put forth. Wink

P.S. the "View Today's Posts" is all on one line for me...

I agree with you though that, if possible, a link to the pm inbox should be added on the forum page. That would be awesome!
"A mountain holds an echo deep inside. That's how I hold your voice."