Update the Chat Room Please?
08-02-2011, 07:25 PM,
Update the Chat Room Please?
If you think the chat room would be of better service if it were de-bugged and updated a bit, please post in here. What can we do to facilitate this Bring4th Mods?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2011, 09:26 PM,
RE: Update the Chat Room Please?
Perhaps you can start by giving some examples of what you'd like to see?

Another chat room is waiting in the wings for the new Bring4th, but we're still a little ways off until it will get implemented. The existing chat room was originally used by Carla to broadcast weekly sessions, which worked great and brought in between 10-20 people each week.

But since then the chat room has turned into more of a "shout box", where people will come in, say something, and then leave. Another member will come in, respond to the message, and then leave. There just doesn't seem to be enough simultaneous interest for chatting since the members of this site come from around the world, and everyone comes and goes at different parts of the day.
(08-02-2011, 07:25 PM)SMU Wrote:  If you think the chat room would be of better service if it were de-bugged and updated a bit, please post in here. What can we do to facilitate this Bring4th Mods?

08-03-2011, 09:45 PM,
Hi Steve, I hope your day was a beautiful one.

I have met some incredible people in that chat room, have learned a lot of useful information and find it to be a wonderful womb of many great things. The reason people do not congregate there is because the chat room does not work well. It times out continually, it limits how fast you can type ( I work on cpus all day and have learned to type fast ) and while in the room, it will freeze but you won't realize it. It makes communicating very difficult. People still go there sporadically but are quickly reminded of how difficult it is to make conversation there. This is a great site and the forums are wonderful and now, more than ever, we are all needing to connect.The chat room would be utilized more if it worked properly, that's all.
08-11-2011, 01:38 PM,
Hey there, SMU!

Ok, thanks for summarizing those details! I have come across a few of those issues at one point or another. The chat room app was created at a time when AJAX was becoming popular, and so it may be that the chat room version that I am using is buggy or inefficient in some way.

Thankfully, I have found a version that integrates nicely with the forum, so I will work to swap out the two as soon as I can put a few hours towards the task.

Thank you for the reminder and the suggestions!
Steve
(08-03-2011, 09:45 PM)SMU Wrote:  Hi Steve, I hope your day was a beautiful one.

I have met some incredible people in that chat room, have learned a lot of useful information and find it to be a wonderful womb of many great things. The reason people do not congregate there is because the chat room does not work well. It times out continually, it limits how fast you can type ( I work on cpus all day and have learned to type fast ) and while in the room, it will freeze but you won't realize it. It makes communicating very difficult. People still go there sporadically but are quickly reminded of how difficult it is to make conversation there. This is a great site and the forums are wonderful and now, more than ever, we are all needing to connect.The chat room would be utilized more if it worked properly, that's all.

10-02-2011, 01:23 PM,
Hey Steve! I hope this post finds you well and happy. Big Grin

Lately the chatroom has had many visitors here is a recent one regarding the Chat room:

09/29/11 13:19:44 ‹Dream
State
› Hmmm. This chat is
confusing me Tongue

I wish I could program! I would help you. I am a graphic designer however, if you need help in that department, just let me know.

Namaste Friend
(08-11-2011, 01:38 PM)Bring4th_Steve Wrote:  Hey there, SMU!

Ok, thanks for summarizing those details! I have come across a few of those issues at one point or another. The chat room app was created at a time when AJAX was becoming popular, and so it may be that the chat room version that I am using is buggy or inefficient in some way.

Thankfully, I have found a version that integrates nicely with the forum, so I will work to swap out the two as soon as I can put a few hours towards the task.

Thank you for the reminder and the suggestions!
Steve
(08-03-2011, 09:45 PM)SMU Wrote:  Hi Steve, I hope your day was a beautiful one.