The Detuning of Session 17 and Ra's True Intentions Regarding 2011 - Part II
08-30-2012, 08:47 PM,
RE: The Detuning of Session 17 and Ra's True Intentions Regarding 2011 - Part II
Hello friends,
I too felt uneasy reading session 17. The terms "unfortunately" and "terrible potential" used by "Ra" alerted me to a very strong bias. If all things are one, these tems are very judgemental. I was further tested within myself when it was written that Jesus had murdered a playmate through anger. On reading this session a number of times, there seems to be a lot of information in it that makes me feel sad, not joyous.
Thanks for the other contributions.
Amanda.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2012, 09:27 PM,
RE: The Detuning of Session 17 and Ra's True Intentions Regarding 2011 - Part II
(08-30-2012, 08:47 PM)awest05 Wrote:  Hello friends,
I too felt uneasy reading session 17. The terms "unfortunately" and "terrible potential" used by "Ra" alerted me to a very strong bias. If all things are one, these tems are very judgemental. I was further tested within myself when it was written that Jesus had murdered a playmate through anger. On reading this session a number of times, there seems to be a lot of information in it that makes me feel sad, not joyous.
Thanks for the other contributions.
Amanda.
Not sure what you mean by very strong bias and the terms being very judgmental. Firstly, Ra acknowledges there is some randomness in creation - for a hugely polarized small child, many things are still undetermined due to innocence. Secondly, Ra tended to use the Latin meanings. i.e. terrible would be from terribilis to frighten, not as in extremely bad. Reminds me of "It's a Good Life" Twilight Zone episode.
The following 1 user Likes zenmaster's post:
Confused
08-30-2012, 11:02 PM,
In session 17, Ra says "it is impossible to help another being directly". Firstly I don't think Ra would call anything impossible, nor deny the helping of others.
Ra also says that Orion tried to discredit Jesus by building upon negative information, and it seems that this is exactly what happened with the story of Jesus killing a playmate in anger.

Of course, I may be wrong here, and I mean no offense to anyone, but to me, the whole of session 17 seems disparate and not as positive in its message as many other sessions.
08-31-2012, 12:31 AM,
(08-30-2012, 11:02 PM)awest05 Wrote:  In session 17, Ra says "it is impossible to help another being directly". Firstly I don't think Ra would call anything impossible, nor deny the helping of others.
Ra said it was impossible because it would be a contradiction to how things can work to call it possible, not because Ra was denying an actual possibility. You can't truly help someone, only offer them an opportunity. That's the point.

(08-30-2012, 11:02 PM)awest05 Wrote:  Ra also says that Orion tried to discredit Jesus by building upon negative information, and it seems that this is exactly what happened with the story of Jesus killing a playmate in anger.
That story is also in one of the uncanonized gospels. Whether or not it is negative info, is subjective. I, for one, don't see anything particularly negative about it.

(08-30-2012, 11:02 PM)awest05 Wrote:  Of course, I may be wrong here, and I mean no offense to anyone, but to me, the whole of session 17 seems disparate and not as positive in its message as many other sessions.
I doubt anyone would take offense.

The following 3 users Like zenmaster's post:
Infinite, Parsons, Patrick
08-31-2012, 01:43 PM,
(08-30-2012, 11:02 PM)awest05 Wrote:  Of course, I may be wrong here, and I mean no offense to anyone, but to me, the whole of session 17 seems disparate and not as positive in its message as many other sessions.

There certainly are some oddities. The other day I noticed this in session 65..

Quote:65.8 Questioner: Are you saying then that this possible condition of war would be much more greatly spread across the surface of the globe than anything we have experienced in the past and therefore touch a larger percentage of the population in this form of catalyst?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. There are those now experimenting with one of the major weapons of this scenario, that is the so-called psychotronic group of devices which are being experimentally used to cause such alterations in wind and weather as will result in eventual famine. If this program is not countered and proves experimentally satisfactory, the methods in this scenario would be made public. There would then be what those whom you call Russians hope to be a bloodless invasion of their personnel in this and every land deemed valuable. However, the peoples of your culture have little propensity for bloodless surrender.

Ra elaborates entirely too much on the original question. Alterations in weather, famine, Russia (talk about specific)..a "This is correct" would have been enough. What happens if someone believes in that statement? Not everything in the material can be taken at face-value.
08-31-2012, 02:00 PM,
(08-31-2012, 01:43 PM)Icaro Wrote:  ...What happens if someone believes in that statement? ...

There is always a choice. We choose what we resonate with and we choose how we react to any information.

(08-31-2012, 01:43 PM)Icaro Wrote:  ...Not everything in the material can be taken at face-value.

Nothing can my friend nothing. Words are distortions themselves. Smile

"You are not here to fix it... You are here to love it." ~ Q'uo
The following 1 user Likes Patrick's post:
J.Q.
08-31-2012, 02:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 02:14 PM by Icaro.)
Good point. I have been focusing on teaching with my response..my being rather than specific knowledge unless there is a need for it.
The following 1 user Likes Icaro's post:
Patrick
08-31-2012, 03:47 PM,
This may be slightly off the point, but.... Well, the thing to avoid, it seems to me, is to turn The Ra Material or, for that matter, ANY powerful spiritual text into an object of analysis, whether intellectual or scholarly or literary or what-have-you. I have also been deeply moved by the (staggeringly impressive) works of Sri Aurobindo, for example, but when I visited his ashram in Pondicherry and saw how "Sri Aurobindo scholars" among his modern-day "discilples" (the man left his body in 1950!) were going through books like "The Life Divine" and "The Synthesis of Yoga" with a fine tooth comb, arguing and nitpicking in their interpretations and battling among themselves heatedly sometimes, I had to ask myself: what is the difference between this and the insanely narrow-minded Bible-study and chatechism classes I had to rebel against as a teenager, just to stay sane? The same applies for me, now, to The Law of One: I keep the general drift and lessons and the impact of meeting it with me, but make no effort to analyze or memorize (let alone to defend it or promulgate it). Personally, the passages mentioned don't trouble me at all, since I'm not really concerned with defending any particular image or story of the childhood of Jesus, and any "negative impact" in my thinking is my responsibility and no one else's. What Ra may or not have "predicted" and whether or not he actually did, or "does the wording mean this or that," and "isn't that potentially dangerous" and etc. etc.--this is the sort of line of thinking that, ultimately, necessitates "authorities" on the material who can decide. And do we really want to go there? Like Patrick said above, words themselves are distortions. Take what works and feels right, leave the rest.
The following 2 users Like J.Q.'s post:
Patrick, βαθμιαίος
08-31-2012, 04:38 PM,
JQ, you're input is informative. I've often nitpicked between what I read in the Ra material, and what my own intuition tells me. Especially when there's differences.

Welcome to the forum.

There is an anthro somewhere who needs me and I need them.
The following 2 users Like IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
J.Q., Patrick
05-04-2017, 08:23 AM,
(08-31-2012, 12:31 AM)zenmaster Wrote:  That story is also in one of the uncanonized gospels.

What gospel?

Peace, love and light.
05-04-2017, 11:49 AM,
The feeling of this thread in terms of the personal relationships makes me cringe now. The mirroring was strong, which I began to recognize at the time. My words were very possessive although that was not the intention..I was passionate about a certain viewpoint..but the harvest topic was an intensely debated one at the time. Oh well life goes on Smile The general sentiment that there is something timeless being expressed in the Ra Material remains the same however.
05-04-2017, 12:52 PM,
(05-04-2017, 11:49 AM)Icaro Wrote:  The feeling of this thread in terms of the personal relationships makes me cringe now. The mirroring was strong, which I began to recognize at the time. My words were very possessive although that was not the intention..I was passionate about a certain viewpoint..but the harvest topic was an intensely debated one at the time. Oh well life goes on Smile  The general sentiment that there is something timeless being expressed in the Ra Material remains the same however.

Do you still stand by the beliefs of the original post?

There's only one of us here!
05-04-2017, 07:41 PM,
I would say this..I no longer make firm statements about the Ra Material where I would say a conflicting viewpoint is wrong in an argumentative fashion. All I can do is offer a perspective.

From my perspective, life seems to be weaving stories within stories, and when I read the Ra Material I can see Ra saying one thing, as well as expressing something else in the same sentence. Are they doing that intentionally? I don't know. Could the general idea of what I put forward be true, maybe, but I don't know the answer.

Personally speaking, I don't even know if the space drama is real, especially the idea of negative vs. positive, that the soul evolves through the densities with its rays etc., yet certain concepts prove useful for doing work and moving from one place to another.
The following 1 user Likes Icaro's post:
sjel
09-30-2017, 10:11 PM,
(05-04-2017, 08:23 AM)Infinite Wrote:  
(08-31-2012, 12:31 AM)zenmaster Wrote:  That story is also in one of the uncanonized gospels.

What gospel?

Peace, love and light.

To whom it may concern , I discovered what gospel there is this story too: Thomas. Here:

Quote:1 I, Thomas the Israelite, am reporting to you, all my non-Jewish brothers and sisters, to make known the extraordinary childhood deeds of our Lord Jesus Christ - what he did after his birth in my region. This is how it all started:

2 When this boy, Jesus, was five years old, he was playing at the ford of a rushing stream. (2) He was collecting the flowing water into ponds and made the water instantly pure. He did this with a single command. (3) He then made soft clay and shaped it into twelve sparrows. He did this on the sabbath day, and many other boys were playing with him.
(4)But when a Jew saw what Jesus was doing while playing on the sabbath day, he immediately went off and told Joseph, Jesus' father: "See here, your boy is at the ford and has taken mud and fashioned twelve birds with it, and so has violated the sabbath."
(5)So Joseph went there, and as soon as he spotted him he shouted, "Why are you doing what's not permitted on the sabbath?"
(6)But Jesus simply clapped his hands and shouted to the sparrows: "Be off, fly away, and remembe' me, you who are now alive!" And the sparrows took off and flew away noisily.
(7)The Jews watched with amazement, then left the scene to report to their leaders what they had seen Jesus doing.

3 The son of Annas the scholar, standing there with Jesus, took a willow branch and drained the water Jesus had collected. (2)Jesus, however, saw what had happened and became angry, saying to him, "Damn you, you irreverent fool! What harm did the ponds of water do to you? From this moment you, too, will dry up like a tree, and you'll never produce leaves or root or bear fruit."
(3) In an instant the boy had completely withered away. Then Jesus departed and left for the house of Joseph. (4)The parents of the boy who had withered away picked him up and were carrying him out, sad because he was so young. And they came to Joseph and accused him: "It's your fault - your boy did this."

4 Later he was going through the village again when a boy ran and bumped him on the shoulder. Jesus got angry and said to him, "You won't continue your journey." (2)And all of a sudden, he fell down and died.
(3)Some people saw what had happened and said, "Where has this boy come from? Everything he says happens instantly!"
(4)The parents of the dead boy came to Joseph and blamed him saying, "Because you have such a boy, you can't live with us in the village, or else teach him to bless and not curse. He's killing our children!"
The following 1 user Likes Infinite's post:
Patrick