Likes received/given messed up?
10-12-2011, 12:17 AM,
Likes received/given messed up?
Wasn't sure where to put this... I noticed a few days ago all the likes given/received on my profile went down to a random number and now today I checked and I have -1 likes in 27 posts. o_O I also noticed this happened with a few other users too. Is this just a random forum error?
(((( as beyond ... so within ))))
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like godwide_void's post:
BrownEye, βαθμιαίος
10-12-2011, 01:11 AM,
RE: Likes received/given messed up?
Test like. LoL.
one who knows not, cares not.
The following 1 user Likes BrownEye's post:
Ruth
10-12-2011, 06:21 AM,
I think it happened after the recent upgrade.
10-12-2011, 06:01 PM,
Yeah, it appears that the counts were not indexed correctly after upgrading the "like" plugin. I will activate the "recount/rebuild" function, which supposedly recalculates all posts and updates any incorrect tallies, but after having done this once before, I'm not quite sure if the results are going to be that much of an improvement.

Godwide, let me know if your statistics have changed.

For what it's worth, one member contacted me with a similar problem, but when he switched to test the "likes" on a different browser, he noticed his profile was accurate on the new browser, but not his old one.

If you can give that a shot, it will help me to determine where the real problem is.

Thanks,
Steve
10-12-2011, 06:05 PM,
It seems to be fixed now. Good work, Steve!
10-12-2011, 06:48 PM,
Awesome! I'm scared to know how it got fixed though... I only wiggled a couple of knobs! Smile

(10-12-2011, 06:05 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote:  It seems to be fixed now. Good work, Steve!

The following 1 user Likes Bring4th_Steve's post:
Ruth
10-12-2011, 07:38 PM,
(10-12-2011, 06:48 PM)Bring4th_Steve Wrote:  Awesome! I'm scared to know how it got fixed though... I only wiggled a couple of knobs! Smile

(10-12-2011, 06:05 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote:  It seems to be fixed now. Good work, Steve!
Well, you wanted it to be fixed, therefore it got fixed! Smile

10-12-2011, 08:33 PM,
The system also now loses its context after pressing reply button when not logged in.

The reply button still makes you log in, but after it just sends you to main page and not to enter a reply.
10-13-2011, 12:44 AM,
(10-12-2011, 06:01 PM)Bring4th_Steve Wrote:  Yeah, it appears that the counts were not indexed correctly after upgrading the "like" plugin. I will activate the "recount/rebuild" function, which supposedly recalculates all posts and updates any incorrect tallies, but after having done this once before, I'm not quite sure if the results are going to be that much of an improvement.

Godwide, let me know if your statistics have changed.

For what it's worth, one member contacted me with a similar problem, but when he switched to test the "likes" on a different browser, he noticed his profile was accurate on the new browser, but not his old one.

If you can give that a shot, it will help me to determine where the real problem is.

Thanks,
Steve
Yep, they're right back to normal. Thank you very much, Steve!!

Peace be with you.

(((( as beyond ... so within ))))
10-13-2011, 06:26 AM,
(10-12-2011, 08:33 PM)zenmaster Wrote:  The system also now loses its context after pressing reply button when not logged in.

The reply button still makes you log in, but after it just sends you to main page and not to enter a reply.

Speaking of things not working quite right, the report and "quote multiple" buttons don't work for me.
11-15-2011, 01:24 PM,
(10-12-2011, 08:33 PM)zenmaster Wrote:  The system also now loses its context after pressing reply button when not logged in.

Now that the "Report" and "Quick Reply" buttons are working again, Steve, I wonder if you could take a look at this issue. It also happens when you press "Like" if not logged in -- the system makes you log in but then takes you to the main page and your "like" is not recorded.
11-15-2011, 01:30 PM,
You mean you're not logged in all the time?

There is an anthro somewhere who needs me and I need them.
11-15-2011, 01:33 PM,
Right.