Criteria of being a member
11-28-2011, 05:15 PM,
Criteria of being a member
I would like to hear any member's opinion, or information, on what constitutes a proper member here. Does one have to be a "follower" of the Ra material? Can one just be compelled by it, but have their own opinions, and fit in here?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2011, 05:49 PM,
RE: Criteria of being a member
We've had members who did not particularly follow Law of One. I don't think it's required, but to do what you feel resonates with you. Even Ra has said that if the words do not resonate with you, do not follow them.

I wouldn't think there are criteria for being a member. Just doing what feels right is all.

There is an anthro somewhere who needs me and I need them.
The following 2 users Like IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
Bring4th_Plenum, Firewind
11-28-2011, 06:07 PM,
I think that since Ra has pointed out the law of confusion on so many occasions, there is "wiggle room" in interpreting the Ra material. Anytime more than one person interprets written words, there will be more than one understanding of those words. So, I agree with Gemini Wolf, I wouldn't think there could be any particular criteria for being a member here.

I would also say that whomever funds this place has the "right" to do with it as they see fit.

Light and love!
Heart Ruth
The following 1 user Likes Ruth's post:
Firewind
11-28-2011, 06:36 PM,
(11-28-2011, 05:15 PM)Diana Wrote:  I would like to hear any member's opinion, or information, on what constitutes a proper member here. Does one have to be a "follower" of the Ra material? Can one just be compelled by it, but have their own opinions, and fit in here?

Nobody is a "follower" of the Ra material, or LoO, because it is not a religion. It is, IMO, an awesome piece of work. If one chooses, one could argue their perspective on the material for eternity. The reason being, (which I love), is because the work itself desires not to have an established dogma. It is brilliant that way.

As for anyone who wants to hold you to strict interpretation. Listening objectively is recommended, by me. Knowing that it is just personal entertainment for them is highly encouraged, by me Wink.
(11-28-2011, 06:07 PM)Ruth Wrote:  I think that since Ra has pointed out the law of confusion on so many occasions, there is "wiggle room" in interpreting the Ra material. Anytime more than one person interprets written words, there will be more than one understanding of those words. So, I agree with Gemini Wolf, I wouldn't think there could be any particular criteria for being a member here.

I would also say that whomever funds this place has the "right" to do with it as they see fit.

Light and love!

LOL LOL LOL

Light and Love!!
Quote this message in a reply
The following 4 users Like 3DMonkey's post:
Confused, Firewind, Richard, Ruth
11-28-2011, 06:38 PM,
Well one of the strongest criteria points to be a member here is that one must have access to a Computer and the Internet. But I'm pretty sure that isn't what you mean Smile otherwise I don't think there aught to be any criteria other then to want to learn and spread love. And I think we should accept everyone even if we don't understand them Smile

-Conifer16- Adonai Vasu Borragus

Gahhhh my eye keeps twitching. Lol. It has been happening all day and won't stop Smile it is the left side of my left eye. Smile
The following 3 users Like Conifer16's post:
Confused, Firewind, Ruth
11-28-2011, 06:42 PM,
-Conifer16- Adonai Vasu Borragus

Gahhhh my eye keeps twitching. Lol. It has been happening all day and won't stop Smile it is the left side of my left eye. Smile
[/quote]

Growing pains! LOL!
Heart Ruth
The following 3 users Like Ruth's post:
Ankh, Confused, Conifer16
11-28-2011, 06:44 PM,
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=2370
Conifer16- that's nerves. What is it? You know.
11-28-2011, 06:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2011, 06:49 PM by Conifer16.)
To clarify it is my eyelid, not my eye. Smile that would just be annoying lol Smile
And monkey what am I supposed to be looking at with the thread you linked to?
The following 1 user Likes Conifer16's post:
Ruth
11-28-2011, 06:50 PM,
It is nerves. Do some yoga or something. Some stuff is out of alignment
@Conifer16, it was a link for Diana. I think that link was basically the same apprehension. No?
11-28-2011, 07:00 PM,
It might also be that I was up late last night in the dark reading on my small iPod with low backlight and onion juice from my moms cooking in my eyes coupled with getting little sleep and waking up too early for when I went to bed and then Doing schoolwork. Smile I wasn't very nice to my eyes last night.

-Conifer16- Adonai Vasu Borrsgus

And Diana I will try to not post anymore "derailing" posts to this thread from now on Smile
The following 1 user Likes Conifer16's post:
Confused
11-28-2011, 07:10 PM,
I think I'm complicit in the derailing - and for that I apologize.

As for the original question of this thread - I say again, as far as I am concerned ALL are welcome here. Including those who found this forum through another site and have not yet even read LoO material!

Heart Ruth
11-28-2011, 08:30 PM,
I agree 3DM, which is why I think people can steer slightly off course by getting quite distracted by the technicalities, rather than employing the message it portrays :¬)
11-28-2011, 09:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2011, 09:13 PM by Diana.)
(11-28-2011, 07:00 PM)Conifer16 Wrote:  And Diana I will try to not post anymore "derailing" posts to this thread from now on Smile

I don't mind being derailed Smile.

(11-28-2011, 06:44 PM)3DMonkey Wrote:  http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=2370

Thank you for this link Monkey. I am enjoying it Smile.
(11-28-2011, 07:00 PM)Conifer16 Wrote:  And Diana I will try to not post anymore "derailing" posts to this thread from now on Smile

(11-28-2011, 06:44 PM)3DMonkey Wrote:  http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=2370

Thank you for this link Monkey. I am enjoying it Smile.

The reason I was asking about this was due to some comments to me regarding the material. Just want to be clear. I thought here in the Treehouse would be a good place to ask Smile.
The following 1 user Likes Diana's post:
Ruth
11-29-2011, 04:08 AM,
(11-28-2011, 09:08 PM)Diana Wrote:  

Diana with that attitude you are a perfect poster for the treehouse.
Welcome Big Grin

The following 1 user Likes Meerie's post:
Ruth
11-29-2011, 07:14 AM,
The Ra material was a catalyst for me. It changed my life. But today, i believe that much of the information in the books is... well... i dont know what word to use so ill leave it to your imagination. Jsut like any other source of information, its full of beauty and bullshit. The good thing is, that Ra spoke about this and warned us again and again about taking only what resonates and leaving aside whatever does not. Something that is not found in traditional holy books. Not that i compare the Ra material to a holy book... Well actually i kinda do. Its just that it does not stand in the same place because it lacks credit which we humans decide to give it. The books are a compelling collection of information. Nothing to live by or follow blindly, in my opinion. I dont know why am i saying this stuff. But hey!

Peace.
The following 6 users Like Crown's post:
Bring4th_Plenum, Diana, Firewind, Oceania, Richard, Ruth
11-29-2011, 08:57 AM,
take what resonates and respect the members.
The following 1 user Likes Oceania's post:
Firewind
11-29-2011, 10:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2011, 11:02 AM by Ruth.)
Beauty and bull$hit. I love that! It's so true of everything and anything we have on this side of the veil! Well said, Crown!

Light and love!
Heart Ruth
The following 3 users Like Ruth's post:
Aaron, Crown, Firewind
11-29-2011, 10:59 AM,
don't underestimate bull$hit (or any $hit in general).
The alchemists convert $hit into gold. (ha, maybe therefore s*** is written with the $ symbol in the US... lol. Money!!!)
Ruth
11-29-2011, 11:02 AM,
thank you, Meerie

I upgraded my post! :-)
Heart Ruth
11-29-2011, 11:05 AM,
Ha... mine did that automatically Tongue
the $ sign, that is. I have a politically correct keyboard, methinks.
Ruth
11-29-2011, 12:34 PM,
I can echo this gem of truth from Ruth!
Quote:As for the original question of this thread - I say again, as far as I am concerned ALL are welcome here. Including those who found this forum through another site and have not yet even read LoO material!

There's no lock on the door to the forums. Actually, there's no door. Tongue No special shaped mold that one needs to fit in. The point of the material itself is to dismantle the rigid structures and mental boxes that we try to put ourselves into! If there was a criteria for becoming a member, it would be defeating to the purpose of the forums, because it runs contrary to the message of the material. Ra's message is open and giving to all. And just like the open heart that we all seek, so is our place of discussion.

The only criteria is for staying a member once you "become" one. And that criteria is outlined in the guidelines. It just boils down to respect and appreciation of this space of seeking and sharing, and those who are in it. Smile

This is no "official mod answer", by any means. It just comes from me, the person.
"A mountain holds an echo deep inside. That's how I hold your voice."
The following 5 users Like Aaron's post:
Conifer16, Crown, Oldern, Ruth, Steppingfeet
11-29-2011, 01:09 PM,
This forum I found is very flexible. Some of the stuff I posted in the past did not earn me a reprimand. For that I am grateful when we can be ourselves.

The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
Ruth
11-29-2011, 01:19 PM,
(11-29-2011, 12:34 PM)Bring4th_Aaron Wrote:  There's no lock on the door to the forums. Actually, there's no door. Tongue No special shaped mold that one needs to fit in. The point of the material itself is to dismantle the rigid structures and mental boxes that we try to put ourselves into!

Well then, that fits me perfectly!

Aaron, you seem very wise and put your words together beautifully.
The following 3 users Like Diana's post:
Aaron, Monica, Ruth
11-29-2011, 01:51 PM,
Well said, Aaron. You are a gem!

Light and love!
Heart Ruth
12-01-2011, 02:34 PM,
Technically, to be a member on this site you should:

1. Follow the forum rules established by the moderators, as it is their right to make them.

2. It would probably help to have some sort of interest in spiritual topics otherwise you will be bored to tears.

That said, all you need to be is YOU. If someone is judging you because you don't share their specific opinions, you have different personality types or they just have the urge to be controversial, they aren't worth your time to begin with. Just relax, let it flow, and you will attract like-minded people.
I hadn't even read the Ra Material when I joined this forum lol.
The following 3 users Like Brittany's post:
Aaron, Bring4th_Plenum, Diana
12-01-2011, 05:37 PM,
i hadn't either. i came via willycock.
12-01-2011, 10:53 PM,
(12-01-2011, 02:34 PM)ahktu Wrote:  I hadn't even read the Ra Material when I joined this forum lol.

Cheater Tongue
12-01-2011, 11:26 PM,
GLB finally shoved the books at me. He was like "You have to read these!!!" Then I pretty much didn't stop reading them until I was all the way done.
12-02-2011, 10:24 AM,
I'm reading the Golden Compass now.

The following 1 user Likes IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
Oceania
12-02-2011, 02:12 PM,
I'm reading "The Unknown Reality Volume 2"...one of Seth's books. It is enormous and a really slow read lol.