Criteria of being a member
12-02-2011, 03:35 PM,
RE: Criteria of being a member
(12-02-2011, 02:12 PM)ahktu Wrote:  I'm reading "The Unknown Reality Volume 2"...one of Seth's books. It is enormous and a really slow read lol.

Yeah, the original Seth book I found to be the best read. I also find that the old stuff--before the New Age movement--is less tainted with people just trying to make $ from channeling, etc. I inherited a bunch of books from a neighbor who had a "spiritualist" church for almost 50 years. There is some amazing material there, including Ra, which I had never seen before Smile.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2012, 12:15 AM,
(11-28-2011, 05:15 PM)Diana Wrote:  I would like to hear any member's opinion, or information, on what constitutes a proper member here. Does one have to be a "follower" of the Ra material? Can one just be compelled by it, but have their own opinions, and fit in here?

(12-01-2011, 02:34 PM)ahktu Wrote:  I hadn't even read the Ra Material when I joined this forum lol.

I think to really engage and understand where people are coming from on these forums, you need to have read and appreciated at least one book of the Ra material.

it could even be as little as browsing through a few sessions at lawofone.info and then being led here by circumstance.

the topics covered here are very broad, and embrace the whole spectrum of human existence (politics, religion, thought forms, entertainment) bur underpinning it is an attempt to understand things through the lens of the principles introduced in the Law of One material.

ultimately, I think, that is the common denominator. Of course, one can 'implicitly' understand the Law of One without having read the Ra material; it's just that those books provide a common terminology for us to discuss phenomena; and common terms are very important when trying to convey spiritual matter.

peace
The following 2 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
indolering, βαθμιαίος
01-26-2012, 02:09 AM,
Good post, plenum.

I too feel that some familiarity with the RA Material is preferred though not essential - it helps to avoid unnecessary confusion.

Also I would say that sincerity should be a requirement because no one likes shills or trolls....Dodgy

"Whaddya want to do today, Brain?"

"Same thing we do everyday, Pinky - try to take over the world!"

01-26-2012, 09:13 AM,
The material is important to me. Everyone's input, regardless of background, is important to me.

The funny thing is that "common terminology" and "avoid confusion" are the opposite descriptions of a conversation between persons who have read its entirety.
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2012, 11:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2012, 11:50 AM by Diana.)
(01-26-2012, 12:15 AM)plenum Wrote:  I think to really engage and understand where people are coming from on these forums, you need to have read and appreciated at least one book of the Ra material.

Agreed. In my case, I had read The Ra Material when I came here. Some frame of reference is helpful.

What I was really referring to was being a "believer." I think I was frustrated at the amount of adherence to the material, like a Christian would adhere to the bible. And how can one even do that (even if one wanted to, which I certainly don't) when it's based on interpretation anyway?

I find the varied points of view stimulating and sometimes eye-opening. I like diversity. Smile
(01-26-2012, 09:13 AM)3DMonkey Wrote:  The funny thing is that "common terminology" and "avoid confusion" are the opposite descriptions of a conversation between persons who have read its entirety.

This can certainly be true.
01-26-2012, 04:52 PM,
Are you enjoying in Gemini Smile I love them books.