Poll: What do you think of the three colors in relationship to the b&w background on this page: http://www.llresearch.org/library.aspx?
The least aesthetically pleasing arrangement of color
Could definitely be improved
The color never registers in my consciousness
Creates a lovely, inviting interface
Change the existing color scheme and I will boycott the website
[Show Results]

Archive website aesthetics
12-13-2011, 12:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2011, 12:43 PM by Steppingfeet.)
Archive website aesthetics
Hey forums,

We are considering the possibility of modifying the color palette of the LLResearch.org website.

Two questions for anyone interested:
  • 1) For better or worse, what do you think of the current color layout? Especially as it appears on this page: http://www.llresearch.org/library.aspx.

2) Have any recommendations/ideas for a new set of colors that would harmonize well with the black & white background?
Disclaimer: the color presentation of the website is the least important element of the service that the website freely offers, but it's nice to give the house that shelters the people inside a nice exterior paint job every once in a while. : )

Thanks in advance for any input you would like to offer!
Gary

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2011, 01:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2011, 12:21 PM by Diana.)
RE: Archive website aesthetics
The above link doesn't work for me. I had to go to LLResearch.org and select the library page from there.

1) I think the page is okay.

2) I assume you mean change the colors of the text if you leave the black and white background? The green is the only color I don't like there. Since the green type is headlines, I would change the headlines to black, and bold the type.

12-13-2011, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2011, 07:43 PM by Icaro.)
12-13-2011, 07:24 PM,
I thought you were talking about this page..whoops. llresearch.org..gotcha
12-13-2011, 09:17 PM,
Black background is fine. White could be darkend a bit.
12-16-2011, 03:18 PM,
Currently, we've got light blue, neon purple, and "true color green"... (just totally made that last one up cuz it seems like the greeniest green ever)

What about, say, keep the light blue, turn the purple to a dark mustardy yellow, and turn the green to a dark grey? Or blue, grey, and dark purple... Maybe just pull any three colors from close together in the spectrum?

As it is currently, the colors kinda all wanna drag your attention in varying directions at once. Tongue
"A mountain holds an echo deep inside. That's how I hold your voice."
12-16-2011, 03:55 PM,
(12-16-2011, 03:18 PM)Bring4th_Aaron Wrote:  Currently, we've got light blue, neon purple, and "true color green"... (just totally made that last one up cuz it seems like the greeniest green ever)

What about, say, keep the light blue, turn the purple to a dark mustardy yellow, and turn the green to a dark grey? Or blue, grey, and dark purple... Maybe just pull any three colors from close together in the spectrum?

As it is currently, the colors kinda all wanna drag your attention in varying directions at once. Tongue

I like your suggestion of blue, gray, and dark purple. When I design CG stuff, sometimes I just play with the colors until it looks good. Colors close in the color wheel are very complimentary in my experience Smile.
The following 1 user Likes Diana's post:
Aaron
12-17-2011, 12:59 PM,
Archive website aesthetics.
Hi, webmasters!

A background not too clear or pale is better, because
if we follow a link to a video, or view a video directly
IN the "LLresearch" or "bring4th" page, we will NOT be "blinded"
by the surrounding paleness.

Thanks for your good care !
Enjoy http://www.whatthebleep.com
It got me to "The Ra material" and in here !
12-20-2011, 03:54 PM,
Thanks all for the feedback so far!

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi