Resigning as Moderator
02-13-2012, 09:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 09:17 PM by Monica.)
Resigning as Moderator
Now that Carla and I have resumed the radio show, I'm finding that I no longer have time to do both the radio show and moderate the forum.

Since I work from home, I normally check the forum while multi-tasking on the phone. (I spend a lot of my day on the phone.) Normally, this works fine, except when there is drama or some big issue that needs to be resolved.

In those cases, it becomes time-consuming and, sometimes, energy draining. My business and family life are both impacted as a result.

In addition, my company has opened a commercial market, so I will be out doing demonstrations on an almost-daily basis, meaning that I will no longer be working at home as much, and thus can no longer check the forum in between phone calls or while on hold.

I'm no longer able to devote the number of hours required to handle any issues that may arise, due to my new business commitments (on top of family, garden, 11 cats and dogs, other volunteer work, etc.). My life has gotten busier, and my spring garden beckons! Something had to go.

Thus, I've decided to resign as moderator.

I will still be helping Gary out as a 'consultant' as needed, until he finds a replacement. In the meantime, Bring4th will be in Gary's capable hands!

I will still be participating as a member, though not likely as much. And, I will still be checking the forum for questions for the radio show, which of course I will still be hosting.

Moderating this community has been a very enriching experience, on many levels, and for that, I thank you all!

Love and Blessings to everyone! Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 8 users Like Monica's post:
@ndy, Confused, Gribbons, IndigoGeminiWolf, Parsons, turtledude23, zenmaster, βαθμιαίος
02-13-2012, 09:20 PM,
RE: Resigning as Moderator
Thank you Monica for all the effort and love you poured into Bring4th as a moderator. I'm happy to hear you will continue the radio show; you are a great host. I wish you the very best in your growing business! Heart
02-13-2012, 09:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 10:33 PM by Parsons.)
Although I am sad to see you partially "go", I admire your ability to make an announcement/firm decision in a world of so much indecisiveness. Love and light onto the path before you.

P.S. I was thinking within this past couple of days that you might become overtaxed due to the seeming influx of new members and returning old members. This lead me to notice that you do by far the most "heavy lifting" of mederating here, with an unknown amount of back moderators to pick up the slack... I admittedly worried a bit about it. I know threads need to get moved and certain posts / threads may need very occasional intervention due to blatant and/or severe violation of rules, et cetera.
-==-
02-13-2012, 09:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 11:31 PM by IndigoGeminiWolf.)
Monica, I've always admired your input, and it was great to meet you in person. Thank you for all the hard work. I've taken a different path and life has gotten simple for me. I'll definitely miss hearing your input, and wish you well on your journey. I'm proud to give you my 100th like.

There is an anthro somewhere who needs me and I need them.
The following 3 users Like IndigoGeminiWolf's post:
Bring4th_Plenum, kycahi, Parsons
02-13-2012, 10:40 PM,
thanks for all your work Monica.
02-13-2012, 11:14 PM,
You've been a great mod and I'll miss you. I wish you all the best with your new endeavors.
Laugh and enjoy yourself
- Quo
02-13-2012, 11:25 PM,
I came close to clicking the LIKE button, but didn't want anybody to interpret that as liking that you resigned. Tongue You did good work for these forums, and good for you recognizing that your time should go elsewhere for awhile.

Thanks for your good service to us other selvesExclamation

Heart
The following 1 user Likes kycahi's post:
βαθμιαίος
02-13-2012, 11:38 PM,
Thanks everyone! I love you all!
02-13-2012, 11:44 PM,
Monica,

I sincerely appreciate all of the time and effort you have given the forum. I look forward to the radio shows!

And I wish you great success with the new aspect to your business!

Love and light!
Heart Ruth
02-14-2012, 12:58 AM,
Hi Monica,

I saw this announcement a few hours ago, and really didn't know what to say. There are times when new energies enter our lives, and we almost forced to relinquish things that once brought us great joy and love; occupied our conscious thoughts. An example of this might be seeing a child reach teenage years, and you have to let them go so they can become who they were meant to become. And so it is with these forums.

I have a confession to make. I first visited these forums soon after they were created. I saw the announcement over at Divine Cosmos, and rushed over; quite excited that there was a 'Law of One' site. I had found the moderation quite heavy handed over at DC (everything was pre-screened by the mods before it was posted, making flowing conversations almost impossible) and I was keen for a new experience. But in Jan 2009, there were just not enough members to sustain a daily flow of dialogue. So I left.

But others stayed and help build this place, even through the difficult quiet times. You were one of those. Here is a post from after Christmas day, 2008. I believe it was your first, if the database records are correct:

(12-25-2008, 08:02 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote:  I feel a lot more optimistic now, ever since around the time of the election. It almost feels to me like we had been heading off-course (as Q'uo said, they were trying to take us off-course...keep us from rejoining the path to 4D positive), but the course seems to have shifted to positive...I felt a tangible lightening...everywhere I look I perceive a lightness that I did not perceive before...Has anyone else observed this?

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=50&pid=244#pid244

you guys have helped build this place into a magnet of thoughtful positive energy. The tenor of the place has changed a lot over time; anyone reading over old posts can see this. Personalities have come and gone, different styles have come and gone.

but the core theme of the Law of One stays true; almost like a feather that floats above each post; signifying that this was written with truthful and loving intent.

things are definitely more conversational now, and at times very light hearted. The Treehouse was an inspired idea intended to house one troublesome individual, but it has become an outlet for the more humorous and whimsical things that we encounter in our life experience. There is gratitude for this.

I know, at times, that I can shift into this very serious, almost Ra like voice; but I hope I can truly convey the appreciation that almost everyone here feels for your efforts.

I'm sure there has been great sacrifice in your service as mod; and I may have expressed privately to someone else, that it is a relatively thankless service having to deal mostly with complaints and general housekeeping. But someone has to do it! I thank you for this.

we all hear the inner voice; you have heard yours. We can but follow where it beckons us, for the Higher Self knows where we are meant to be.

in highest peace,

friend
The following 5 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Diana, Parsons, Ruth, Steppingfeet, βαθμιαίος
02-14-2012, 01:49 AM,
Wink  RE: Resigning as Moderator
Nothing in Creation ever stays the same because change is the natural flow. I thank you for your service dear sister. You have my love and admiration, infinitely. Heart
I would request for all of those reading my words, please guard well your thoughts. If my words resonate, then by all means take them and use them as you can. If they do not resonate, please let them fall away like water does from a ducks back, and move on. Love/Light, Adonai.
The following 4 users Like Peregrinus's post:
@ndy, Bring4th_Plenum, norral, Ruth
02-14-2012, 03:09 AM,
(02-14-2012, 01:49 AM)Peregrinus Wrote:  Nothing in Creation ever stays the same because change is the natural flow. I thank you for your service dear sister. You have my love and admiration, infinitely. Heart

Same here...
Wishing you the best whereever you go.
Lots of love and light!
HeartHeartHeart
(by the way, I like the way you moderate the radio show... like letting people finish their sentences, not interrupting etc.
Very subtle and unobtrusive Smile )
Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Meerie's post:
Bring4th_Plenum
02-14-2012, 03:53 AM,
Good job Monica.
Thank you again for giving me that crystal.

Lots of love and a big hug.

Christopher Ashim
02-14-2012, 08:52 AM,
Best wishes to you MonicaHeart you will be missed. May your huge heart and strength of character guide you and carry you through your future projects and endeavors.

May all Beings everywhere be happy and free
02-14-2012, 09:00 AM,
Thanks for your service to this community Monica. Best wishes for the new changes in your experience.
02-14-2012, 09:40 AM,
Thank you for all your work, efforts and services, dear Monica.

Good luck with your other tasks, and don't forget us! Heart

Blessings,
Lana.
02-14-2012, 09:44 AM,
Thanks for your service. I really hope that the change is a positive one for you, one that lets you actually post here in turn, or something : )
02-14-2012, 11:23 AM,
Dear Monica, trusted and cherished friend, teacher, and rockstar L/L volunteer,

How I wish that the begging, the pleading, the letters I sent, and the standing in front of your car when you were trying to leave would have changed your mind. Were the chocolates not enough? Because I can get more! Were the bathrobes unwanted? I’ll take them back! Was the car wash unsatisfactory? Because I’ll scrub the upholstery even harder, and I’ll add TWO coats of wax this time!

Oh… painful times. I suppose that there is little that I can do. It is time for you to move on and give the attention your family, your business, and your home needs. I suppose we at L/L can no longer expect you to be on call 24/7, keeping a loving eye on things seven days a week, investing large portions of your day to serving the community.

Monica, you will be dearly missed. In L/L’s history, few have given of themselves so completely to the task and the burdens of service. Time and time again you have gone above and beyond in the call of service, whether being there for a member in need, working through long conversations with the mod team, or kindly, patiently, gently, and respectfully playing the role of moderator to the community at large. You impress the bejesus out of me.

You are one of the truest, most authentic people I’ve ever met. Always striving for your highest understanding, always willing to talk something through, always sticking to your principles. You never deviate from the open heart, and the good vibrations of this community are built on your work, and reflect the love you’ve poured into it.

I’ve learned a lot from watching you work. Your replies to members have served as exquisite examples stamped on my own heart of what it means to serve in an official capacity with compassion and kindness. I’ve *beamed* with appreciation more times than I can count watching your unrelenting focus on finding the highest truth of the moment without losing love from your sight.

You are a wonder, Monica. L/L Research has been so incredibly fortunate to have your unfailing, impeccable service. This is not a standard template for thanking an individual for their service. I mean every syllable. You are quite simply the best.

Love,
Gary

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
The following 6 users Like Steppingfeet's post:
Diana, norral, Parsons, Ruth, zenmaster, βαθμιαίος
02-14-2012, 11:42 AM,
Thank You Monica for all the work you've done here. I don't post much anymore, but I visit often. I wish you all the best with your Family ,pets , garden and business!

I'll try to catch the radio show and call in sometime.
02-14-2012, 12:02 PM,
HeartHeartThank you for your service and good luck on your new projects!!
02-14-2012, 12:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2012, 12:31 PM by godwide_void.)
Though you and I have never directly corresponded, I appreciated reading your posts here. You were an astounding moderator and one of the most unbiased, positive and deeply kind and compassionate moderators I've ever seen in any internet forum to be honest.

May you be blessed by our Creator in all moments of your existence and in every endeavor you pursue. Smile
(((( as beyond ... so within ))))
The following 1 user Likes godwide_void's post:
norral
02-14-2012, 03:14 PM,
Moni dont go we need you
02-14-2012, 10:44 PM,
Thanks a million and plenty for all your efforts for us, Monika!

May the new source for catalyst help refine your soul ever deeper.
But then — what do I know?
02-14-2012, 11:55 PM,
Although I'm not happy to see you go, I am comforted by the fact that this will undoubtedly be a huge relief on the strains placed on your family and home life.

I hope you can still continue to post on the forums.

Come to Homecoming this year!! Pleaaaaaaase...? Angel Heart
"A mountain holds an echo deep inside. That's how I hold your voice."
The following 2 users Like Aaron's post:
Parsons, Ruth
02-15-2012, 12:13 AM,
Glad to hear you'll be getting away from the keyboard. It will be healthy for your sanity! Thank you also.
02-15-2012, 01:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2012, 02:50 AM by Monica.)
(02-13-2012, 09:40 PM)DuncanIdahoTPF Wrote:  P.S. I was thinking within this past couple of days that you might become overtaxed due to the seeming influx of new members and returning old members. This lead me to notice that you do by far the most "heavy lifting" of mederating here, with an unknown amount of back moderators to pick up the slack... I admittedly worried a bit about it. I know threads need to get moved and certain posts / threads may need very occasional intervention due to blatant and/or severe violation of rules, et cetera.

Duncan, that was so sweet of you to actually worry about me! Heart

(02-13-2012, 09:59 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote:  Monica, I've always admired your input, and it was great to meet you in person. Thank you for all the hard work. I've taken a different path and life has gotten simple for me. I'll definitely miss hearing your input, and wish you well on your journey. I'm proud to give you my 100th like.

Gemini, it was really nice meeting you too! You're definitely one of the nicest people I've ever met! Hugs!

(02-13-2012, 11:25 PM)kycahi Wrote:  I came close to clicking the LIKE button, but didn't want anybody to interpret that as liking that you resigned. Tongue You did good work for these forums, and good for you recognizing that your time should go elsewhere for awhile.

Thanks for your good service to us other selves

Uh oh! but quite a few people clicked Like! Undecided

Haha, I will assume they 'liked' that I'm doing what's best for me right now...or maybe they 'liked' that I have doggies and kitties and veggies to take care of. Wink

(02-14-2012, 12:58 AM)plenum Wrote:  I'm sure there has been great sacrifice in your service as mod; and I may have expressed privately to someone else, that it is a relatively thankless service having to deal mostly with complaints and general housekeeping. But someone has to do it! I thank you for this.

Yes, that's true. So I appreciate the thanks expressed in this thread! Thank you, everyone, for the thank you's! Smile

(02-14-2012, 12:30 PM)godwide_void Wrote:  Though you and I have never directly corresponded, I appreciated reading your posts here. You were an astounding moderator and one of the most unbiased, positive and deeply kind and compassionate moderators I've ever seen in any internet forum to be honest.

Wow!!! You just made my day! Blush Then it's all been worth it.

(02-14-2012, 03:53 AM)Ashim Wrote:  Good job Monica.
Thank you again for giving me that crystal.

Lots of love and a big hug.

Christopher Ashim

You're welcome, Chris! And thank YOU for providing the insight and impetus I needed. Consider us even! Wink HUGS

(02-14-2012, 11:23 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  Dear Monica, trusted and cherished friend, teacher, and rockstar L/L volunteer,

How I wish that the begging, the pleading, the letters I sent, and the standing in front of your car when you were trying to leave would have changed your mind. Were the chocolates not enough? Because I can get more! Were the bathrobes unwanted? I’ll take them back! Was the car wash unsatisfactory? Because I’ll scrub the upholstery even harder, and I’ll add TWO coats of wax this time!

Well, maybe you could clean the kitty litter box...?

(02-14-2012, 11:23 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  Oh… painful times. I suppose that there is little that I can do. It is time for you to move on and give the attention your family, your business, and your home needs. I suppose we at L/L can no longer expect you to be on call 24/7, keeping a loving eye on things seven days a week, investing large portions of your day to serving the community.

Monica, you will be dearly missed. In L/L’s history, few have given of themselves so completely to the task and the burdens of service. Time and time again you have gone above and beyond in the call of service, whether being there for a member in need, working through long conversations with the mod team, or kindly, patiently, gently, and respectfully playing the role of moderator to the community at large. You impress the bejesus out of me.

You are one of the truest, most authentic people I’ve ever met. Always striving for your highest understanding, always willing to talk something through, always sticking to your principles. You never deviate from the open heart, and the good vibrations of this community are built on your work, and reflect the love you’ve poured into it.

I’ve learned a lot from watching you work. Your replies to members have served as exquisite examples stamped on my own heart of what it means to serve in an official capacity with compassion and kindness. I’ve *beamed* with appreciation more times than I can count watching your unrelenting focus on finding the highest truth of the moment without losing love from your sight.

You are a wonder, Monica. L/L Research has been so incredibly fortunate to have your unfailing, impeccable service. This is not a standard template for thanking an individual for their service. I mean every syllable. You are quite simply the best.

Love,
Gary

Wow, Gary, this brought tears to my eyes! It really did! Thank you, dear friend!! Gosh, I don't know what to say! Blush

All that you have said about me, Gary, I could also say about you! Truly, it has been an honor working with you and Steve (and, more recently, Aaron).

I read this to my hubby and he said I should print it out and frame it. I think I will! And the others too!

Thanks again to everyone who posted! I haven't answered every post (lest this post get too long, heh), but I appreciate all of them! Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts; they really do mean a lot to me!

Here's a song about change:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMwn_hnoS5Y

HUGS Heart

PS. I felt truly honored when Gary and Steve asked me to join the moderator team, and even more honored that Carla trusted me with the forum these 3 years, and then even more honored when Carla asked me to host her radio show! I'm now ready to pass the torch to the next person, but will continue to feel humbled that I was given these opportunities. I learned a lot from this experience and am very grateful for the catalyst it offered. May the next moderator be as blessed and as enriched as I was! I'll still be around, and look forward to talking to some of you on the radio show! Carla and I love having live callers! (hint hint) I trust that the community will continue to thrive and grow under the capable hands of Gary and whoever can fill my size 5 shoes. Wink
The following 3 users Like Monica's post:
Ankh, Bring4th_Plenum, norral
02-15-2012, 07:04 PM,
Resigning as Moderator.
Hi Monica.

You're one of the best "catalyst" we could ever meet ! B-)

Good luck in all your other realizations/projects !

Blue skies.
Enjoy http://www.whatthebleep.com
It got me to "The Ra material" and in here !
The following 1 user Likes C-JEAN's post:
Bring4th_Plenum
02-15-2012, 07:34 PM,
Bye monica.. I'm green with algae
rofl.
The following 1 user Likes BlatzAdict's post:
Aaron
02-16-2012, 12:15 AM,
Thank you for all your love and light. Wish you the best on your new ventures. You will be missed!
02-16-2012, 12:24 AM,
[Image: w5Dc8.gif]
The following 5 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
@ndy, godwide_void, kycahi, Monica, Ruth