02-17-2012, 02:17 PM,
RE: Resigning as Moderator
Thanks for everything MonicaHeartHeartHeartIdeaIdea
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2012, 03:07 PM,
Monica,

I saw this thread a week ago, and I found that I had an unusually strong emotional reaction to it. I really felt mixed emotions when I heard the news and wanted to wait to respond until I could get some inner clarity first.

First and foremost, I would like to express my gratitude to you for the service you have provided this community that I love so much -- Bring4th members/Law of One students. I have observed your tireless and compassionate work to help keep this place keep running smoothly over the two years I have been a member, and have really been surprised by just how much time and effort it requires. But yet I've never really heard you complain about it! Obviously it was a selfless service of Love -- this was always apparent to me. Bring4th has greatly enriched my life and those of many, many others and I seriously doubt that this place would ever have grown to the wonderful space it has become without you. So I want to offer my deepest thanks and appreciation to you!!

On a more personal side, I don't mind admitting publicly that you have helped me greatly with some individual problems I had. Everything from extremely complex spiritual dilemmas to anxiety over flying, forgiveness of an aggressive member, and even gardening!!. You barely knew me in the beginning, but nevertheless gave your time and energy, and frankly your LOVE to me simply because I was an Other-Self in need. This is a window into your very soul, for me, and I know that you have done the very same thing for many, many, many others in this community. No matter how much time it took, you gave and gave and gave, privately and publicly to me and everyone else on this forum. You are appreciated!! Through those interactions, we've shared alot and I am honored, absolutely HONORED, to have you as a friend.

Part of what upset me about this thread is what I'd been seeing on some of the other threads over the last month or so. I have been bewildered by what looked to me, in my totally subjective perceptions, as a tremendous amount of unfair accusations and public hostility directed at you. I saw very strange behavior from folks that I know to be loving and kind -- people whose posts and energy I really enjoy -- and it was all being hurled at you. It made no sense to me and my heart really cried out for you. It really hurt me to imagine how much stress this unfair treatment must have been putting you under. It's not easy being in a moderator position, and some things that had to be done to ensure the guidelines were followed put you in an uncomfortable position. You, who has provided such a shining example of Service To Others, you who were only trying to serve this community the best you could got so much negativity directed towards you, it broke my heart. I realize now that your resigning as moderator was more about time. Spending more time with your family, keeping up with your business, and doing a better job with the radio show. That you took your responsibilities so seriously at Bring4th that you realized you just didn't have the time any longer to do it properly. I see that now, but at first, I thought the unfriendliness and emotional static from the arguments had pushed you out and it made me very upset. I didn't want to write anything negative because I am really fond of some of the people involved in this and know that everyone is just trying their best to make sense of an insane world and deal with their personal catalysts. We all are human and everyone involved values integrity and I know believes they were doing the right thing. Who am I to judge the conclusions, actions and opinions of others, really? I know I'm a fool, and proud of it. But it hurt me all the same, I'm sorry, I'm human. Thus, I needed some more time to reflect.

I am aware that you have always expressed your views passionately. Far more passionately than many, including me, but that is simply your nature. We are not all the same though we are all One. Your views on animal rights and vegetariansim in particular really touched a nerve for some people on this forum. To be fair, I am biased on this topic because I am a vegetarian and I fully agree with you. I saw your attempts to educate and explain, to debate and discuss, rooted in a deep compassion for other beings. Beings I consider every bit as valuable as my own self. But even so, I have publicly and privately disagreed with some of the things you said in the early days of the meat thread when trying to get your point across. I felt that while your conclusions were basically correct, you were alienating others with your delivery. That your light was shining so brightly, and you cared so deeply for the animals, that you were burning others with your Truth. I really worried that those comments I made would endanger our growing friendship, but I felt the hurt and angst of other people involved, and I longed for more harmony. I was keenly aware that everyone involved in the debate were my Brothers & Sisters, both human and animal, and felt I had to speak up. Well, not only did you not get upset with me for criticizing you, you admitted that you did need to moderate your delivery! You apologized publicly and you clarified. You abandoned divisive analogies and from that point forward always made an extra, almost Herculean, effort to explain yourself and your views on the topic to the nth degree. More importantly, you modfied your style to be the most respectful and considerate of others you could while still being true to your ideals. Surely I am not the only one who sees how different your approach is today than it was in the very beginning! If not, then I wonder if they've read the whole thread. I mention all this because the criticism of your part of the group moderator actions in other matters never seemed to me to match the intensity level of the supposed topic. The anger was out of proportion. It slowly dawned on me (again, subjectively! This is only my opinion)... but it slowly dawned on me this was more about hurt feelings over your views on meat eating than the openly acknowledged conflict points. I'm not saying there was no substance to the claims and 'official' topics, but the intensity level was just way out of proportion and only makes sense to me against the backdrop of the disagreement over meat eating. I perceived that, for some, you had become a Symbol of a topic that caused them anxiety instead of a three dimensional person with an opinion they disagreed with. Of course you made mistakes. You had your weak moments, but so did everyone else. I think that's all part of being human. But to demonize and attack you, to publicly flog you on a pretext, over what amounts to basically a difference in perspective, just didn't seem right to me. I sensed you started to fray at the edges from the onslaught of negativity and lack of compassion towards you. I was worried that the emotional toll it must have taken was behind your resignation. I know that is not the case, now, and I thank you for clarifying to me about your time constraints, but it just wasn't clear to me at first.

This meat issue seems to cloud the judgement of many highly evolved, kind, awake and spiritual people. I myself am probably affected as well since I too have strong opinions on the matter. None of us are exempt from this bias! The irony of ignorance is that the ignorant by definition are not aware of it. I again include myself in this group. I hope I am self-aware enough to realize that this paragraph I write now may show my own lack of clarity! And yet it is truly how I feel. If I have offended anyone with these comments, I sincerely apologize. My sincere hope is that we can all look past the opinions on a couple of topics and recognize the Divinity in eachother. We are all valid facets of the Creator, and if we disagree, then so be it. That doesn't mean we shouldn't love one another and try our best to get along. It certainly doesn't mean we should pick fights on pretext and see a whole person as one opinion instead of the totality of their Being. Even if that means we must agree to disagree. As the great teacher Jesus taught us, let us work on removing the log from our own eyes rather than focusing on the speck in the eye of our Brother or Sister! Please, brothers and sisters, let us interact as family, not as Symbols or caricatures!

I'm sorry to rant in your thread, but I feel better for having gotten this off my chest. I am still growing as a person, and disharmony really upsets me. This is something I need to work on.

Back to the matter at hand....

I am so happy for you that you have less of a workload in your busy life. It makes my heart glad that your responsibility has been lessened and you can now spend more time with your family. This is so important -- to share our time and love with our close family -- and frankly, you deserve it. You've already given so much to the community over such a long period of time -- and indeed continue to do with the radio show, that I hope you feel no shame in taking a break as moderator. It's OK to let another carry this moderation burden that you've done so well and for so long.

Though there is not much about your business on Bring4th, because you are always careful to keep it separate and avoid even a hint of impropriety, I know from private conversations that the work you do improves peoples lives. You really believe in it. You are not trying to make a quick buck off anyone, and you seem to be making a positive impact in this world through your work. So, I completely understand why you care enough about that business to ensure you give it adequate time. It would be even more difficult to moderate the forum, which involves reading so many posts, without the benefit of a completely home based business. Having worked both out of my home and in an office myself, I can fully appreciate the major difference.

How wonderful though that you are still participating on the forum, Monica, even though as a member!!! And I'm so glad you are keeping the radio show because you are really good at it. Letting others speak, and facilitating it in a respectful way is so rare these days on radio shows. My sincere desire is that this new life balance works out well for you, so you can nuture and juggle your family, business, garden, volunteer work, and Bring4th in a healthier and more life-affirming way.

Thank you, Monica, for all the good things you've done here.
Thank you, Monica, for all the Light you've given us.
Thank you, Monica, for giving us an example of what it truly means to be Service To Others.
Thank you, Monica, for your warts, your flaws, and your bad decisions (few though they have been). We needed confirmation you were human like the rest of us. Wink
Thank you, Monica, for trying your best to help others in need.
Thank you, Monica, for all the Spam you cleared out from those bots!
Thank you, Monica, for your helpful edits and maintenance over the years.
Thank you, Monica, for caring about the animals and speaking for those who have no voice, like our furry and feathered younger siblings, or those who lacked the courage to speak, like me.
Thank you, Monica, for fostering a sense of community here.
Thank you, Monica, for continually reminding us of the Law of One in all situations.
Thank you, Monica, for helping me find forgiveness and acceptance of some members here that I perceived as generating conflict.
Thank you, Monica, for the perspectives you've shared.
Thank you, Monica, for all the Love you've shared with us.
Thank you, Monica, for being You. Our Friend. Our Sister. The Creator.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

NAMASTE, SISTER!

P.S. You rock!

Love to all

The following 6 users Like Pablísimo's post:
Aaron, Diana, Monica, Ruth, Shemaya, Steppingfeet
02-22-2012, 03:16 PM,
Pablisimo, I am absolutely wowed at your insights, sincerity, kindness and courage.
02-22-2012, 03:28 PM,
Wow, Pablisimo! Amen to that! : )

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
02-22-2012, 03:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 03:48 PM by Monica.)
OMG Pablisimo, I'm speechless!!! And tears streaming down my face...

WOW, I don't know what to say.

I still don't know what to say.

I'm going to have to re-read this and assimilate it! Aside from Gary (and my husband of course) I've never had such wonderful words directed my way before!

Thank you, dear friend!!!!

I have grown close to a few of the members here at Bring4th. People I consider actual close friends, whom I will continue to be friends with outside of and beyond Bring4th. You are one of them! And you have helped me, every bit as much as I've helped you. Thank you for taking the time to listen to me, and truly valuing my thoughts and feelings. I value and treasure our friendship, Pablisimo!

Gosh, I still don't know what to say! How do I follow up after all that? I'm stunned, yes STUNNED! Blush

Thanks so much for taking the time to write! I appreciate this soooooo much! Man, you have just made my day!

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

The following 1 user Likes Monica's post:
Diana
02-22-2012, 04:06 PM,
Ah Monica, don't worry, you don't have to say anything at all. No reply is needed, amiga. Somethings are better left to feeling rather than verbalized. Besides, your actions over the these past years on this forum speak for themselves!!

I just want you to know that you are valued, appreciated, and loved!

Thanks for being You.

Namaste!!

Love to all

The following 1 user Likes Pablísimo's post:
Monica
02-22-2012, 05:39 PM,
I may be relatively new on Bring4th, but I've been here enough to see what an incredibly peaceful and loving place it really is. Imagine how many hearts you've helped lift!

Thank you Monica.

Love&Light
The following 1 user Likes Aureus's post:
Steppingfeet