Power, Community, & why guidelines are important
02-22-2012, 06:51 PM,
RE: Power, Community, & why guidelines are important
(02-22-2012, 06:48 PM)3DMonkey Wrote:  Let me tell ya, the best managers view themselves as working for the group.

Exclamation Idea

Thank you for these words!!! Heart

I did not have the words or good understanding in my mind, in the way you've put it here!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Ankh's post:
Ruth
02-22-2012, 07:15 PM,
(02-22-2012, 06:51 PM)Diana Wrote:  Then, do you have a suggestion how more sensitive types could be communicated with from my less sensitive point of view? Do you feel that is it my responsibility only (as being less sensitive) to communicate in a compassionate manner with more sensitive individuals (which I do try to do), but they are not required to make an effort to understand me? I feel that over and over and over again, my questions are ignored or misunderstood. I am not complaining though, I just go with the flow. And I am not pointing the finger, I am thinking that perhaps I'm missing some great point here.

the thing is, if one truly acknowledges oneself as the One Infinite Creator, then balance is achievable. We are not 'locked' into a certain switch.

I found it really helpful to apply the Ra exercises:

5.2 To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

- -

I know that you are as fully capable of being sensitive as these other individuals, you show this in your Full Heart Openness towards the Animal Kingdom. But I also know that from your Wanderer Story (tentative tantacles) that you seem to have more difficulty opening this Heart Ray towards other human beings.

please excuse me for the public analysis/dissection (this is only my opinion)

Quote:And further, do you feel that more sensitive types get a waiver from accountability because they are more sensitive?

no, they are responsible for their own distortions, just like I am for mine Smile

02-22-2012, 07:28 PM,
(02-22-2012, 07:15 PM)plenum Wrote:  I found it really helpful to apply the Ra exercises:

5.2 To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

Excellent quote. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I think I understand what you are trying to say.

- -

(02-22-2012, 07:15 PM)plenum Wrote:  I know that you are as fully capable of being sensitive as these other individuals, you show this in your Full Heart Openness towards the Animal Kingdom. But I also know that from your Wanderer Story (tentative tantacles) that you seem to have more difficulty opening this Heart Ray towards other human beings.

please excuse me for the public analysis/dissection (this is only my opinion)

I don't mind at all. You are correct in your supposition. And I have many times here explained that I feel there is a collective responsibility for humans as to what has gone on here on this planet, which is the basis of my feelings. Admittedly, this is unbalanced, as all things are one. I have been working hard for many years on balancing my compassion to humans.

(02-22-2012, 07:15 PM)plenum Wrote:  
Quote:And further, do you feel that more sensitive types get a waiver from accountability because they are more sensitive?

no, they are responsible for their own distortions, just like I am for mine Smile

Thank you for your answers Plenum. Smile
02-22-2012, 07:31 PM,
(02-22-2012, 07:28 PM)Diana Wrote:  Thank you for your answers Plenum. Smile

gratitude in return Big Grin
02-22-2012, 07:37 PM,
(02-22-2012, 06:51 PM)Diana Wrote:  I certainly can see that I am not as sensitive as others.

I strongly disagree. You are a very sensitive person, Diana! You tune into others and really go out of your way to understand them, and you even modify your own tone a great deal, to minimize misunderstandings. That's sensitivity.

I disagree with this notion of dividing people into 'sensitive' vs 'non-sensitive' as though those who are articulate are somehow automatically insensitive.

This, while those claiming to be sensitive often show no sensitivity towards those who are articulate.

I don't think this chasm has anything to do with sensitivity. It has more to do with the fact that some people simply enjoy deep, detailed discussion and others don't.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: There is plenty of room for everyone. If someone doesn't enjoy a particular style of discussion, then why not just avoid it? No one is being forced to participate in any discussions. I think it shows a major lack of acceptance, to complain about those whose style is different from one's own. Simply participate with those you enjoy conversing with, and avoid those you don't. Seems like a simple solution to me.
02-22-2012, 08:28 PM,
Diana,

Thanks for your insights and intellect, I am pretty sensitive too, but not nearly so "intellectual". I personally appreciate your efforts to help bring more harmonious community here. Any effort towards bringing harmony , even though going through some rough spots, is so valuable. That's my opinion only because it's been my experience.

I think if we can envision what a 4D community is like we can make it happen.

What does a 4D community look like, what is the energy of 4D, how can we create it?

May all Beings everywhere be happy and free
The following 3 users Like Shemaya's post:
abstrktion, Bring4th_Plenum, Steppingfeet
02-22-2012, 10:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2012, 10:30 PM by Shemaya.)
oh crap...I think I might have derailed...sorry (did I?) I'll add some more pertinent thoughts, I've already written 3 posts that I erased, so I will try again.

On Power and community: In 4D power is not hierarchical, no one has power over another. Individuals are aware of their roles, and respect each others differences in personality, styles of learning and communicating, and special and unique gifts and talents. There is no "right" way to express oneself, words are not as important as the energy behind them. Communication flows because it is heart- based and not infused with one's need to control, convince, prove, compete or hold oneself superior to others. All are equal in value and importance and power. Heart-based means that acceptance and understanding, and seeing the other as connected to Oneself will infuse thoughts, energy and actions. Communities have guidelines that serve the members of the community. The guidelines respect the diversity in the community, are inclusive, and are not rigid or strict. Guidelines may evolve and change to suit the needs of the members of the community. There is transparency in decision making and community -building. Members are aware and responsible for their energy, thoughts, and actions. Those who have the role of reminding others of the guidelines make a commitment to serve the community as servant-leaders. Guidelines are self-enforced because the community is based on the vibration of green ray, love, compassion, understanding.

This is just a hypothetical view of what a new/early 4D community might be like.
The following 2 users Like Shemaya's post:
Conifer16, Parsons
02-22-2012, 11:15 PM,
I have some thoughts, some sparked by your comments here, but I grow weary and frustrated trying to navigate the "quote" feature (ADD, sorry) so I'm just going to throw it all out there.

I have been a business owner, a manager, held leadership positions as a volunteer for charitable groups and various clubs etc. I have always felt that management/authority = RESPONSIBILITY! As a manager I am not a cop and not a babysitter. I am a leader-by-example, an encourager, a teacher, a facilitator, a cheerleader, a peacemaker, mediator, an organiser, a negotiator and sometimes a shoulder to cry on.

Yes, of course, there are guidelines and rules, these are necessary in this dimension for everyone to be "on the same page". Anyone in the group is there by choice, was made aware of the guidelines, and is responsible to make choices accordingly. And of course as the manager/owner/leader I am ultimately responsible to see that group operations/activities fall within the law and follow the guidelines of the particular group. But in the end, the guidelines are merely a tool to help the group remain focused on their shared goal, and are often open to various interpretations.

Interestingly, I find that most people who join such a group (apply for a job, join a club, do volunteer work, etc.) despite their level of spiritual awareness, intellect, skill set, motives whatever - most want to do a good job and want just a little bit of recognition.

The best management technique I have ever learned and put to use toward "enforcing" the guidelines is to

"catch them doing something RIGHT!"

If I can't do that, then I have failed in my role as a leader and need to adjust my own actions.

I haven't come close to sharing all of my thoughts, but oh well. I love you, each and every one of you, and thank the Creator for your light.
Heart Ruth
The following 3 users Like Ruth's post:
Ankh, Parsons, Steppingfeet
02-23-2012, 02:25 AM,
(02-22-2012, 11:15 PM)Ruth Wrote:  The best management technique I have ever learned and put to use toward "enforcing" the guidelines is to

Most places I have worked will see the rest of the workers raising their hackles when you pick one out of the group and pat them on the back.

As a supervisor in one plant I would buy pizza for everyone whenever the company president made them work overtime. I made good money and could afford it. My actions were taken for granted as usual, but for some reason it confused those in positions above me. The guy directly above me (who was an idiot) came up to me one day eating a slice of pizza, asking "why do you do this? I wouldn't be buying pizza for everyone!"

I am sensitive to emotion, an empath, and cannot stand working with people that can't control their emotions. I found that instead of dealing with a crowd of pissed off employees it was way more enjoyable to work with them if they were happy and satiated. It created a definite increase in their morale and a much "smoother" environment to work overtime in.

As I said, I was always taken for granted, as my natural state is to offer an option out of negative thoughts. It worked for them and it worked for me.

Of course, you can put a negative spin on my actions and say I was selfish for wanting to "change" them, or make things easier on myself.

Did I change them? No, all I did was change my immediate environment to a more neutral/upbeat vibration.

one who knows not, cares not.
The following 2 users Like BrownEye's post:
Monica, Oceania
02-23-2012, 02:48 AM,
I don't respect anyone that demands respect, and I will not cooperate with anyone who takes pleasure in exercising authority. (Almost to a fault)

However, I will happily go along with most rules and guidelines, as I can usually see they have been put in place to control chaos and promote freedom - in whatever context.
Let us live for the beauty of our own reality.
The following 1 user Likes TheFifty9Sound's post:
Ruth
02-23-2012, 01:54 PM,
(02-22-2012, 10:27 PM)Shemaya Wrote:  On Power and community: In 4D power is not hierarchical, no one has power over another.

I think this would reciprocal. No one would care to exert power or see anyone as having power over them.

And the end of power-mongering would extend to all life. Humans would not use the earth, the plants, minerals, and animals for their own selfish ends. All would be seen as equally sacred.

02-23-2012, 02:20 PM,
Hierarchy exists throughout infinity.

Most likely we will not "perceive" this in the next experience because of the focal point of the lessons.

Sad to say......hierarchy and authority are a large part of the lessons in this level of reality.
02-24-2012, 02:23 PM,
(02-23-2012, 01:54 PM)Diana Wrote:  
(02-22-2012, 10:27 PM)Shemaya Wrote:  On Power and community: In 4D power is not hierarchical, no one has power over another.

I think this would reciprocal. No one would care to exert power or see anyone as having power over them.

And the end of power-mongering would extend to all life. Humans would not use the earth, the plants, minerals, and animals for their own selfish ends. All would be seen as equally sacred.

I was thinking that all of our power emanates from the one Source/ Creator and we neither take power from others , nor give our power away. So in other words, we empower others and take responsibility.

The following 3 users Like Shemaya's post:
Ankh, Oceania, Ruth
02-24-2012, 05:18 PM,
...(wait, what thread am I in? Is this on topic? They're talking about fourth density. Okay, I think this will be okay. It has to do the absence of guidelines. Go for it.)...

Ladies, you are both describing positive green ray, 4D. We have these today, and compassion requires no handbook. 4D exists now. The activation is here. Fourth Density Earth surrounds today's Earth in a bubble, and it exists this moment.

It is not a planet that is waiting to be realized. The entire concept is a mental one. Again, 4D needs no guidelines because it'd be like telling the mind what to do with optical nerve sensations.
The brain, rather
Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like 3DMonkey's post:
Aaron, Oceania
03-03-2012, 08:37 AM,
Quote:50.6 Questioner: Could you give an example of negative polarization sharing love of self? It would seem to me that that would deplete negative polarization. Could you expand on the concept?
Ra: I am Ra. We may not use examples of known beings due to the infringement this would cause. Thus we must be general.

The negatively oriented being will be one who feels that it has found power that gives meaning to its existence precisely as the positive polarization does feel. This negative entity will strive to offer these understandings to other-selves, most usually by the process of forming the elite, the disciples, and teaching the need and rightness of the enslavement of other-selves for their own good. These other-selves are conceived to be dependent upon the self and in need of the guidance and the wisdom of the self.
03-03-2012, 12:19 PM,
(03-03-2012, 08:37 AM)3DMonkey Wrote:  
Quote:50.6 Questioner: Could you give an example of negative polarization sharing love of self? It would seem to me that that would deplete negative polarization. Could you expand on the concept?
Ra: I am Ra. We may not use examples of known beings due to the infringement this would cause. Thus we must be general.

The negatively oriented being will be one who feels that it has found power that gives meaning to its existence precisely as the positive polarization does feel. This negative entity will strive to offer these understandings to other-selves, most usually by the process of forming the elite, the disciples, and teaching the need and rightness of the enslavement of other-selves for their own good. These other-selves are conceived to be dependent upon the self and in need of the guidance and the wisdom of the self.

What are you suggesting by posting this quote?
03-03-2012, 12:37 PM,
(02-22-2012, 03:58 PM)Pickle Wrote:  Just tearing down what someone else created. I never see any take the helm and create anything they would be happier with.

I think this is a much more interesting and broad topic than whether people can get along on this forum.

It can be very lonely to be the leader because the leader often has to quash the "fun" of the group, or live to a higher standard (not being negative, etc). The leader is the one the group talks about in order to create ties between members of the group--they might even unite against the leader! But leaders provide the stability that allows others to test the limits of their individuality--and gives the rebel the rock to push against. I agree that many times the group pulls towards chaos; they tear down what the others try to build up and maintain. The leader might also want to cast aside their responsibilities and join the group, but the true leader, like the adept, doesn't really expect any thanks and knows that eventually someone will probably want to crucify him--but this is very different from the pseudo-leader who just imposes his will for his own benefit.
03-03-2012, 12:42 PM,
(02-23-2012, 02:25 AM)Pickle Wrote:  
(02-22-2012, 11:15 PM)Ruth Wrote:  The best management technique I have ever learned and put to use toward "enforcing" the guidelines is to

Most places I have worked will see the rest of the workers raising their hackles when you pick one out of the group and pat them on the back.

As a supervisor in one plant I would buy pizza for everyone whenever the company president made them work overtime. I made good money and could afford it. My actions were taken for granted as usual, but for some reason it confused those in positions above me. The guy directly above me (who was an idiot) came up to me one day eating a slice of pizza, asking "why do you do this? I wouldn't be buying pizza for everyone!"

I am sensitive to emotion, an empath, and cannot stand working with people that can't control their emotions. I found that instead of dealing with a crowd of pissed off employees it was way more enjoyable to work with them if they were happy and satiated. It created a definite increase in their morale and a much "smoother" environment to work overtime in.

As I said, I was always taken for granted, as my natural state is to offer an option out of negative thoughts. It worked for them and it worked for me.

Of course, you can put a negative spin on my actions and say I was selfish for wanting to "change" them, or make things easier on myself.

Did I change them? No, all I did was change my immediate environment to a more neutral/upbeat vibration.

sounds like something i would do. i'd say you're a manipulative guy, in a good way. Tongue you can never go wrong with pizza.
03-03-2012, 01:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012, 01:22 PM by BrownEye.)
I tend to take responsibility at work, even though I don't like it, I always have to pick up the slack for others. I do this without complaining. I even take blame for a lot of things to keep the others out of trouble.

If an individual emanates negative I have to do something about it, as they tend to affect everyone else within a range, especially me.

Something largely ignored is cymatics and vibrational imprints in the workplace. This is especially noticed in the food industry as the food is so easily imprinted. The negative emotions of angry or hateful workers will imprint into the product that goes through their hands. If the whole environment is negative, it has a strong effect on the product that goes out the door.

What good is there in sending negative vibrations out to the world? This is society not in harmony with the planetary changes/shift.

If people were aware of this it would have a huge impact on where we are as a whole today. If people were aware of what "thought" does it would change the way they think. People are not aware. And many fight against awareness.
Manipulation is how I get someone to do something, "Hey do you think you can do this?/Do you feel like doing this?" rather than gaining respect by saying "You need to do this now."
The following 4 users Like BrownEye's post:
abstrktion, Diana, Ruth, Steppingfeet
03-03-2012, 01:23 PM,
i know i can't even go out much because of it. but at the same time i can't control my own emotions very well. how i release them is to feel them. i dunno how one can transmute them without that process.
03-03-2012, 02:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012, 04:49 PM by Tenet Nosce.)
I will preface this post by saying that I really have no idea what specifically went down on the forum to precipitate this discussion as I haven't been participating all that much. Nor have I read this entire thread, but am responding to Diana's original post, as well as all the other threads that I have recently found that are on the topic of persistent forum drama. There appear to be quite a number of them.

The reason I haven't been participating in this forum is because I have had it up to the ears with the drama that has been going on here. The bitching, whining, complaining is really out of hand, and I find it to be incredibly disheartening to see this kind of behavior persist on this forum.

But the point that I would like to make about this is: WHY is it the SAME people over and over again who are having issues and conflicts? Have you ever stopped to think that -just maybe- it has something to do with YOU?

Here we are in a "spiritual" forum that is predicated upon the teaching that "All Is One". Why is it that we are even ENTERTAINING discussions which involve finger-pointing and accusations that the problem has to do with something external, or some "other" person out there in cyberland?

Over the last couple of years, I have watched several people leave this forum due to an inability to have an intelligent discussion without SOMEBODY getting all pissy and butthurt over it. At first I thought... well maybe it is these people who are really being offensive. But after a while I noticed that it doesn't matter who leaves, the scapegoating and finger-pointing just get shifted to a different person.

It is the SAME core group of people who keep having forum conflicts with other members that come and go. Question: What is the common denominator in all of these conflicts? Answer: YOU.

NEWSFLASH!! There is no other. It is an illusion. There is only YOU here. Nobody is victimizing you but YOURSELF. Do you get it? Or do you think that is just some airy-fairy spiritual BS that doesn't apply in this reality? If so... then really what is the purpose of continuing to participate in this forum? Why are you here if you don't even believe in the most BASIC PREMISE of the Law of One?

The problem is not "out there" it is within you.

Seriously... I have been a member of this forum for nearly two years, and it is the SAME people over and over again who b****, complain, whine, and get into conflicts with other forum members.

It's not the rules. It's not the mods. It's not unity100. It's not Tenet Nosce. It's YOU. If YOU are the one who "can't stand" this or that person... If YOU are the one who is always butthurt at some perceived offense against you... If YOU are the one who is repeatedly at the center of forum drama... then YOU are the one who needs an attitude adjustment.

If you don't like the way this forum is run, or the people who are here, THEN LEAVE and allow everybody else to have some freaking peace and quiet around here. Stop trying to run everybody else out. It is as simple as that. Go start your own forum with your own rules (or lack thereof) and then only allow people to join who agree with your own opinions and biases. You are free to do that.

So now that has been said... it is fine with me if you want to point the finger back at me. It's alright if you call me a hypocrite, because I AM. We all are. This is because there is only one of us here. So even as I offer this mini rant and unsolicited advice I understand that I am only talking to myself. And I intend to take my own advice.

The question is... will YOU? Or will you continue to create an unjust world where everybody is out to get you and where you are the victim of circumstance? Or will YOU finally choose to begin the process of letting that go?

Once many years ago somebody gave me a piece of wisdom that really pissed me off. After bitching and complaining to them about the world, my life, and how miserable I was at the time, this person said to me:

Quote:Most people would rather be right than be happy.

Well as it turned out, they were right. I was wrong. My misery had absolutely NOTHING to do with any external circumstance. It had EVERYTHING to do with a lack of self-love and self-acceptance.

So now that I pass this wisdom along to YOU... what will you do with it? See it as yet another ATTACK? Take offense? Or see it as a service offered? My apologies that I am not yet skillful enough in framing this message in loving words, but let me assure YOU that my intentions are to help. It's totally up to YOU whether you accept this message how it was intended, or whether you use it as yet another reason to get pissy and defensive.

And for those of us who have been wasting our precious time and energy responding to these clowns... here is my recommendation. Just start ignoring these people, and eventually they will leave.

Oh I know we want to be loving and helpful and all that jazz. Sometimes the most loving thing to do is to STOP ENGAGING with people that are dishing out BS. They've made up their minds, and you are not going to change it. They are going to see what they want to see and they are going to hear what they want to hear. They don't want our help, they only want our attention. Do you see how we keep allowing these people to drain our energy? Do you see that it doesn't matter HOW MANY TIMES somebody tries to step in and play "peacemaker" that it DOESN'T WORK? It will never work, because you can't make peace with somebody who is hell-bent on conflict.

They LOVE conflict. They are ADDICTED to conflict. I suggest: Leave them be. Accept what is so. Let them have their hate-filled world of conflict and drama. Eventually, they will have their fill of drama and pull their heads out of their asses. For some, this may take several thousand years. But for us, the only thing we will achieve by continuing to engage these types of people is to get dragged down with them into more conflict.

The game is the same every time. Step One: Throw in some sideways, disrespectful, derailing-type comments into a thread. Step Two: Act "shocked and amazed" when others don't accept your BS comments, and argue against you. Step Three: Accuse those others of doing exactly what you JUST did. Step Four: Call for mod intervention. Step Five: Get pissy when the mods refuse to take "your side" and instead point the finger back at you. Step Six: Retreat into your mental cave to sulk and ruminate on all the perceived ills others have committed against you. Step Seven: Start lurking in threads and cyber-stalking those people who you think have done you wrong. Step Eight: Begin the cycle again by throwing in some sideways, disrespectful comments into a thread.

When we continue to engage with others who are conflict driven, what is that really about? Is it perhaps about that part of us inside that seeks drama and conflict? Can we learn to accept this part of ourselves without seeking to change it or make it into what it is not?

The time of choosing is now. It has been foretold that not everybody is going to choose love. Some of us didn't want to believe it. We wanted to believe that EVERYBODY is going to take that leap, despite being told OVER and OVER again that it doesn't work that way. There is nothing wrong with this- it is exactly the way it was intended to work. The question is- are we going to finally ACCEPT reality? Or are we going to continue to hold on to our childish fairy-tales about a mystical, magical, global awakening where suddenly everybody wakes up one day with love in their hearts, without having done the difficult spiritual work that is needed before such an awakening can occur?

Think about it. Or get pissy with me for pointing out what you ALREADY KNOW deep inside. The choice is yours.
We are unsure as to our success in realigning your modes of mentation.
The following 8 users Like Tenet Nosce's post:
abstrktion, Ankh, BrownEye, Diana, Monica, Oceania, Parsons, Shemaya
03-03-2012, 03:13 PM,
Great advice Tenet. For my part, I tend to forget at times that it is always me I need to look to for my responsibility/reaction/mindset in any imbalance or conflict.
The following 3 users Like Diana's post:
Ankh, Oceania, Tenet Nosce
03-03-2012, 03:27 PM,
I think we forget the reason for the more evolved 3D, which is to enable the widest experience of possiblity we are capable of. That includes every possible variation in the farthest extremes of positive/negative. STO/STS polarization do not exist beyond a certain point, and mean nothing after a point as well. I think we will continue to face each other/self until we see our reflection or just give up. Some will take longer than others.

BTW Tenet I do not get butthurt, I only get butt itch.Big Grin

What are we capable of?

The following 2 users Like BrownEye's post:
Diana, Tenet Nosce
03-03-2012, 03:33 PM,
I've missed you being around here, Tenet! Always appreciated your posts. This post of yours reminded me of something that I've read once:

session 1984_0624 Wrote:I am Yadda. I am requested by this instrument to greet you in the name of love and light of Creator. We do. We have had some time here challenging. This instrument challenging us in the name of Christ. We say, “Challenge us any way you like. All Creator. How about Buddha?” She say, “No. Christ.” We say, “Okay.” We greet you [in] love and light of Creator. We Yadda. We come because call. Not usually speak to groups of this kind. Very honored to be called, and only called because request of “Who are you?” That is question: “Who are you?” We say to you, you are not anything like you think you are. You are not what you do. You are not nine o’clock, ten o’clock, eleven o’clock, twelve o’clock. You must remove from yourself ideas this kind. Not help you. There is intense seeking in this group to know who you are. Remove from yourself all your clothing, your name, your nationality, your society, your neighborhood, your wife, your kiddies and your golf cart—all gone. Now who are you? We are not taking away from you, we wait for you to add to yourself the Creator.
The following 2 users Like Ankh's post:
Shemaya, Tenet Nosce
03-03-2012, 03:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012, 03:40 PM by Tenet Nosce.)
(03-03-2012, 03:13 PM)Diana Wrote:  Great advice Tenet. For my part, I tend to forget at times that it is always me I need to look to for my responsibility/reaction/mindset in any imbalance or conflict.

Thanks, Diana! Your "liking" my post, along with Pickle and Ankh have reminded me of something else...

I have been embroiled in some very heated debates with all of you. But not once has it devolved into name-calling, butthurtness, and a need for moderator intervention. Not once. Why is this? I propose it is because each of us operates under the premise that WE ARE ONE and we interact with each other out of that basic understanding and respect, whether or not we agree on the topic du jour.

It is wise of you to look for your own responsibility in these conflicts... but that can also go too far. People like you, me, Pickle, Ankh, and others can actually sometimes take too much responsibility for the actions of others. This, too, is a type of imbalance.

Our only responsibility in life is to speak our truth as best as we see it, while knowing that greater truths are ever on the horizon. If our communication style pisses somebody else off, or is found to be offensive, I say too bad for them. We are perfectly capable of having intelligent, if sometimes heated, discussions, on this forum without having to pander to those who are unwilling to move past a juvenile stage of emotional development, and who take offense over the slightest disagreement or harsh word.
(03-03-2012, 03:27 PM)Pickle Wrote:  By the way Tenet I do not get butthurt, I only get butt itch.Big Grin

I've found that hemp oil works wonders for this! Big Grin

(03-03-2012, 03:33 PM)Ankh Wrote:  I've missed you being around here, Tenet! Always appreciated your posts. This post of yours reminded me of something that I've read once:

Great quote! Sometimes I think Yadda was actually the highest vibration ever channeled by Carla. It's a shame their words don't get more attention.

BTW, I have previously compiled all of the Yadda channelings through Carla in chronological order. It is quite thought provoking! Here is the thread: Yadda Yadda. I'd love to see more discussion there.
The following 1 user Likes Tenet Nosce's post:
Monica
03-03-2012, 04:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012, 04:06 PM by Shemaya.)
Agree with you TN, I have found it to be true that many people would rather be right than happy. Have been there done that myself.
The following 1 user Likes Shemaya's post:
Tenet Nosce
03-03-2012, 04:15 PM,
(03-03-2012, 03:35 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  I have been embroiled in some very heated debates with all of you. But not once has it devolved into name-calling, butthurtness, and a need for moderator intervention. Not once. Why is this? I propose it is because each of us operates under the premise that WE ARE ONE and we interact with each other out of that basic understanding and respect, whether or not we agree on the topic du jour.

I agree with your assessment, and I have enjoyed each and every word of those heated debates. Smile

(03-03-2012, 03:35 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  It is wise of you to look for your own responsibility in these conflicts... but that can also go too far. People like you, me, Pickle, Ankh, and others can actually sometimes take too much responsibility for the actions of others. This, too, is a type of imbalance.

You have landed on one of my challenges. I am working on this imbalance now. Smile
The following 2 users Like Diana's post:
Monica, Tenet Nosce
03-03-2012, 04:39 PM,
Cool. I haven't been here for two years, so I'm clear. Whoosh. Relief. Who are we dog piling on exactly? I wanna get my punch in there... Follow the crowd and all... Is that my orange ray?
The following 1 user Likes 3DMonkey's post:
Oceania
03-03-2012, 05:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012, 05:54 PM by Tenet Nosce.)
(03-03-2012, 04:39 PM)3DMonkey Wrote:  Is that my orange ray?

No, that is yellow ray. Orange ray would be trying to take advantage of the current scenario for personal gain.

Some other options:

Red ray would be perceiving that this entire conversation is about you, and responding out of a fearful desire to "save face" or perform "damage control" as regards your fictitious online identity.

Green ray would be using your sense of compassion to see yourself in others, and others in you, as pertains to this topic, and reaching out with words of love and acceptance.

Blue ray would be offering some piece of wisdom that is based in your personal experience, and relevant to the situation.

Indigo ray would be staying out of the thread entirely.
The following 2 users Like Tenet Nosce's post:
abstrktion, Monica
03-03-2012, 05:16 PM,
[Image: jYfuz.jpg]

(if you don't know what this is, ask Pickle. He'll tell you Tongue)
The following 1 user Likes Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Parsons