Power, Community, & why guidelines are important
03-05-2012, 02:24 PM,
RE: Power, Community, & why guidelines are important
(03-05-2012, 02:18 PM)Pickle Wrote:  
(03-05-2012, 02:07 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  How is my noting that most in the thread seem to be of STS orientation an insult?

I would guess that the individual that has enough discipline to be STS would not bother to be on this forum, or any forum.

Unpolarized may be more accurate.

My friend from Heinz,

you make a valid point! lol
Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Shin'Ar's post:
Monica
03-05-2012, 02:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012, 02:48 PM by Tenet Nosce.)
(03-05-2012, 02:07 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  How is my noting that most in the thread seem to be of STS orientation an insult?

It may not at all be an insult. However, according to the general forum consensus about making such a claim, labeling another as "STS" carries the connotation that this other has consciously chosen the negative path.

In the context of the terminology found in the L/L Research Transcripts, those whose behaviors are predominately selfish solely out of a limited view of self would be in the "sinkhole of indifference".

Perhaps if you were to share the criteria by which you determine another person's status as "STS" this would be of benefit. Probably this would be better in the original thread, rather than here, so as to reduce confusion.

Quote:From what I have discerned the majority are STS oriented. have you dsicerned differently. If so, I do not consider your difference of discerment an insult.

What I have observed is that the majority is in the "sinkhole of indifference". Though the majority, when pressed, tends to express itself more toward the light side of the equation.

(03-05-2012, 02:18 PM)Pickle Wrote:  Unpolarized may be more accurate.

Agreed.

We are unsure as to our success in realigning your modes of mentation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Tenet Nosce's post:
Monica
03-05-2012, 03:00 PM,
(03-05-2012, 02:46 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  
(03-05-2012, 02:07 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  From what I have discerned the majority are STS oriented. have you dsicerned differently. If so, I do not consider your difference of discerment an insult.

What I have observed is that the majority is in the "sinkhole of indifference". Though the majority, when pressed, tends to express itself more toward the light side of the equation.

from session 93.3:
Ra: I am Ra. It is unlikely that there is a more pithy or eloquent description of the polarities of third density than service-to-others and service-to-self due to the nature of the mind/body/spirit complexes’ distortions towards perceiving concepts relating to philosophy in terms of ethics or activity. However, we might consider the polarities using slightly variant terms. In this way a possible enrichment of insight might be achieved for some.
One might consider the polarities with the literal nature enjoyed by the physical polarity of the magnet. The negative and positive, with electrical characteristics, may be seen to be just as in the physical sense. It is to be noted in this context that it is quite impossible to judge the polarity of an act or an entity, just as it is impossible to judge the relative goodness of the negative and positive poles of the magnet.
The following 3 users Like Meerie's post:
Lorna, Tango, Tenet Nosce
03-05-2012, 03:10 PM,
I base my discerning of whether a person is STS oriented by their professed accounting to be so oriented.

The ones of which I speak have made it clear as to their oriention. I am not making broad generalizations here. i am speaking of particular encounters and discussions.
03-05-2012, 03:17 PM,
(03-05-2012, 03:10 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  I base my discerning of whether a person is STS oriented by their professed accounting to be so oriented.

The ones of which I speak have made it clear as to their oriention. I am not making broad generalizations here. i am speaking of particular encounters and discussions.

I think I may be misunderstanding you. Are you saying that most people in this forum have professed themselves as "STS"? If so, that is quite curious to me. If such is the case, it would stand to reason that you view only a few members here to be "STO". Would you mind sharing who these "STO" members are, and why?

03-05-2012, 03:32 PM,
No I am saying that those who have prfessed to me that they are STS are the ones which I dsicern as being STS. I have obviously not had the honor of speaking with everyone in this board.
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM,
It looks as if we each have a miniscule particle of concept, and that the way is to combine each of our particles in unity, in order to shift as a whole.

Yeah I pulled that outa my ass
one who knows not, cares not.
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM,
(03-05-2012, 03:32 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  No I am saying that those who have prfessed to me that they are STS are the ones which I dsicern as being STS. I have obviously not had the honor of speaking with everyone in this board.

What do you mean by "professed"? As in something which was communicated to you privately?

03-05-2012, 03:43 PM,
(03-05-2012, 03:35 PM)Pickle Wrote:  It looks as if we each have a miniscule particle of concept, and that the way is to combine each of our particles in unity, in order to shift as a whole.

Yeah I pulled that outa my a**

Holy Crap Heinz, it sounds like your on the pickle juice!!!
(03-05-2012, 03:35 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  
(03-05-2012, 03:32 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  No I am saying that those who have prfessed to me that they are STS are the ones which I dsicern as being STS. I have obviously not had the honor of speaking with everyone in this board.

What do you mean by "professed"? As in something which was communicated to you privately?

Professed as in what they say leaves no doubt as to their orientation. Surely you have not been of the mind that there are no members here who are not STS oriented?
03-05-2012, 03:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2012, 04:06 PM by Tenet Nosce.)
(03-05-2012, 03:43 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  Professed as in what they say leaves no doubt as to their orientation. Surely you have not been of the mind that there are no members here who are not STS oriented?

Ra teaches that:

Quote:It is quite impossible to judge the polarity of an act or an entity.

Thanks to Meerie for providing the full quote above.

Speaking for myself, I choose to accept the wisdom of those who are more spiritually advanced than I. Thus, I refrain from making such assessments of others.

Now I might go so far as to say that there are "trolls" and "derailers" in this forum. But even in these cases, my guess is that those who are engaging in such behaviors think they are performing a necessary service. They are perceiving some value or benefit to the behavior, yet fail to discern less disruptive means of achieving a similar outcome.

In my opinion, such people know who they are and know what they are doing. But this does not make them "STS". It just makes them childish, immature, or perhaps misguided.

Now if there were somebody in this forum who is consciously thinking something along the lines of, "I know this Bring4th.org is a forum for spiritual seekers, and I am going to purposely go there and be disruptive so as to interfere with the members," THAT would more fit my idea of STS behavior. But even then, I would have no way of knowing for sure so trying to figure it out is somewhat pointless.

For example, when a Jehovah's Witness comes to my door sharing the "Word of God" they think they are doing me a service. They think they know something which is important for my salvation, and are so concerned for my soul, that they would come to seek me at my home and make a near hopeless attempt at converting me to their religion.

I just see this mostly as an irritation. The only real service being offered to me in such a situation is an opportunity to view my misguided brothers with love and acceptance, and trust that eventually they will see the error of their ways. No harm done.
The following 1 user Likes Tenet Nosce's post:
Monica
03-05-2012, 04:01 PM,
(03-05-2012, 03:48 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  
(03-05-2012, 03:43 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  Professed as in what they say leaves no doubt as to their orientation. Surely you have not been of the mind that there are no members here who are not STS oriented?

Ra teaches that:

Thanks to Meerie for providing the full quote above.

Impossible eh. I tell you that I am STO. you can take that to the bank. Hmmm you tell me what you are now.

If we believe each other, how is it impossible to judge?

03-05-2012, 04:09 PM,

Not only do we have our own paradigms, judgments, and lenses to look through, there is also the concept of self-delusion. We like to think we are this and that, for the ego's sake, and also because it justifies our lives. Until we clear our lenses, and observe ourselves with unbiased objectivity, we will not see the whole truth of our actions, energies, and responsibilities.

It takes courage, open-mindedness, motivation, and a willingness to embrace change.
The following 2 users Like Diana's post:
Monica, Tenet Nosce
03-05-2012, 04:12 PM,
(03-05-2012, 04:01 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  I tell you that I am STO. you can take that to the bank.

Great! Then if you wouldn't mind there IS something I could use some assistance with. I've got about $170,000 worth of student loans that I took out in order to go to school so I could better serve my fellow humans as a naturopathic doctor.

I have been asking the universe to support me in eliminating this debt before the end of 2012, but so far I haven't been able to make much of a dent. Would you mind making a monetary contribution to help pay down this debt?
The following 2 users Like Tenet Nosce's post:
Monica, unir 1
03-05-2012, 04:31 PM,
(03-05-2012, 04:12 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  
(03-05-2012, 04:01 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  I tell you that I am STO. you can take that to the bank.

Great! Then if you wouldn't mind there IS something I could use some assistance with. I've got about $170,000 worth of student loans that I took out in order to go to school so I could better serve my fellow humans as a naturopathic doctor.

I have been asking the universe to support me in eliminating this debt before the end of 2012, but so far I haven't been able to make much of a dent. Would you mind making a monetary contribution to help pay down this debt?

well I did just give you my two cents worth! your not going to get greedy now and try to tell me that your not STS.
The following 2 users Like Shin'Ar's post:
norral, unir 1
03-05-2012, 05:46 PM,
i love u too monica . i love everybody on this board. and i love jim and Carla and are very thankful to them for dedicating their lives to this work and for providing a haven for us misfits who just dont really fit in in this world

norral Heart
Heart THE REVOLUTION HAS STARTED Heart
The following 6 users Like norral's post:
Aaron, Ankh, Diana, Monica, Shemaya, Steppingfeet
03-07-2012, 03:12 PM,
(03-05-2012, 04:31 PM)ShinAr Wrote:  
(03-05-2012, 04:12 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  

well I did just give you my two cents worth! your not going to get greedy now and try to tell me that your not STS.

Never mind, I found my medicine and feel all better now.

[Image: itchawaybottlesm.gif]
The following 3 users Like Tenet Nosce's post:
BrownEye, Monica, Observer
03-07-2012, 04:09 PM,
The Forum Guidelines
The forum guidelines,
they are lined with looking glasses.

The forum guidelines,
always direct you the proper way;
But it's the looking glasses,
that reflect your position in the play.

Yes, their bright surfaces
often greet you with plenty a smile;
But it's only the craggy ones,
that beam with your distorted features in style.

The forum guidelines,
they can reliably lead you through this house of mirrors;
but it's only your hearty awareness,
that can remind you to stop by and embrace that awful grimace.

The forum guidelines,
they are keen to reflect your whole Love and Luminosity.

Thus, enjoy yourself in all your grandiosity;
But better keep some distance to the glasses,
lest you get giddy
from the vast array of cast back asses.

Big Grin
But then — what do I know?
The following 2 users Like ƒ❤losopher's post:
Ruth, Steppingfeet
03-07-2012, 06:17 PM,
Hey Tenet Nosce,

Thanks for a most respectful reply! Even in disagreement, your energy is civil and kind. To me that is the key to the success of our community.

(03-04-2012, 01:10 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  The frustration is not at the fact that there are conflicts and quarrels- it is directed at those who intentionally initiate them knowing good darn well what they are doing, and then cry foul when their ill-intent boomerangs back in their face.

Intentionality is the true and damning component of guideline violation. And trust me if I as a moderator arrived at the conclusion that a member was intentionally disrupting forum conversation, or intentionally being disrespectful, or intentionally seeking to subvert the guidelines in some way, I would commit the moderator energy to drawing the boundary where appropriate, and being firm in its defense.

Short of intentionally disrupting, when there is some sort of guideline violation or disruption, it’s typically as a result of ignorance and misunderstanding. I don’t intend “ignorance” as a slur, but rather in the clinical sense of simply lacking awareness of something or other.

(03-04-2012, 01:10 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  I would add that learning to love one another sometimes involves dispensing with the "niceties" and taking a more direct approach. In this game that we call "life" these types of experiences are referred to as "wake-up calls". We each are given exactly the catalyst we need by the Creator to support our highest potential and growth- and more often than not it isn't sugar-plum fairies and butterflies.

Certainly life isn’t “sugar-plum fairies and butterflies”. (Though I do suspect that sugar & spice and puppy dog tails go into the mix.) Catalyst can be cruel and crushing.

And it is of that nature (cruel and crushing) without an other self needing to intensify the harder aspects of the illusion of separation. In my opinion. (Unless that other self of course is a teacher who teaches in this particular style of “dispensing with niceties”, and the student willingly undertakes those lessons.)

Otherwise, Bring4th isn't designed as a place wherein one dispenses of the niceties in order to teach a lesson that is of a “tough love’ nature. I’m not promoting indulging/enabling community-disruptive behavior.

Certainly, in the wisdom of blue ray boundaries are needed and, if they are to mean anything, must be firmly adhered to (though *always* adhered to with compassion). Again should someone be abusing the forums and their privilege to participate here, the moderator will, after a long and tedious process involving sacrifice of time and energy, take the appropriate firm action to draw and enforce that boundary.

(03-04-2012, 01:10 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  Actually, I will rephrase that... typically the "wake-up calls" come after repeated and willful ignorance of the more subtle and gentle cues that suggest an attitude/behavior change is needed. Therefore, once the catalyst has escalated to something more "in your face", to whine and complain that it isn't gentle enough is yet another avoidance mechanism as, most likely, the more gentle forms of adjustment have already been tried, and have failed. Repeatedly.

There is a premise underlying and motivating this paragraph. It is that the other self (who, in your estimation, has not gotten the more nicely phrased and subtle hints to adjust behavior) is in need of a strong “wake-up call”, and you feel compelled to serve that task.

In my fallible opinion, your intent expressed in the above paragraph would be better executed, I think, were you to kindly say that to the person in question in the moment of question. Your words would be most effective in whatever thread and in whatever post this particular situation you describe unfolds. Certainly some of us may benefit by a strong reflection that renders the image of the self in a stark and unavoidable light.

Also let me stop for a moment here. Please don’t read me as painting a picture of you as having written a grievously error-ridden message to the forums. As you mentioned in your previous posts, you’ve had numerous discussions of disagreement with others on this forum in a spirit of unbroken respect. You’re a beautiful presence here, Tenet Nosce, and I do find that your participation in discussions of disagreement could certainly serve as one positive model (among others) for how to go about disagreeing without personally insulting, disparaging, or minimizing the other self to something less than the Creator.

(03-04-2012, 01:10 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  Thanks! Though I didn't come up with it... here is a handy-dandy complaint form.

HAHAHA! Oh that’s priceless.

Bring4th Forums, welcome to the new complaint form. ;-P

I can’t promise to round up wrong-doers and their ilk and send them off to labor camps per the Butthurt form, but I’ll do my best.

(03-04-2012, 01:10 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  
Quote:While I read your post as containing a 100% sincere attempt to aid situations of disharmony, and appreciate your attempt to offer your viewpoint with the hopes of greater forum harmony, the basic energetic thrust of your post – from my point of view – seems nevertheless to be an act of venting, of heating the temperature back into the red, of stirring a pot whose contents need to settle, and of perpetuating a dynamic you rail about by complaining about complaining. Add to that, it is, by definition, divisive, through and through.

[quote='Tenet Nosce' pid='74812' dateline='1330881048']Your assessment is quite correct. Though I would point out that the "pot" never seems to get settled- which again is the primary thrust of my discontent.

You do have sharp vision to recognize the TOTAL ACCURACY of my point of view.

= ) In all seriousness, thanks for accepting an assessment that was of a critical nature. Not an easy thing to do.

As to that figurative pot, the only way it gets settled is when we, the creators of the pot, stop stirring it.

Yet despite our best efforts, that pot will invariably get stirred. It is the nature of the third-density beast. When it does happen, then, I vote instead of getting upset that it has happened, that we dig in with respect for one another to find the imbalance and get things back on course.

But if you expect any third-density social experience to occur with a perpetually still pot, well, I would suggest trying Mars, I hear winters there are fabulous, and without another soul around, there is no possibility of dispute. :-P

I spent many years living with those I would consider highly evolved, conscious, aware, open-hearted, responsibility-taking beings, and even in that environment friction arises, issues result. But in no case has open-hearted, responsible, clear communication failed to resolve whatever discord occurred.

Quote:If you would avail yourself of the threads in question to which you refer, you may reach a similar conclusion, and be inspired therein.

[quote='Tenet Nosce' pid='74812' dateline='1330881048']While I appreciate your invitation, seeing is believing, the proof is in the pudding, time will tell, and many other quips like that. I've too many times seen things "smoothed over", apologies given, hearts exchanged, only to watch the same behavior appear again and again. Apologies are meaningless if they are not followed up with a sincere attempt at changing one's behavior.

I agree that words are cheap and easy it is to give lip service to one position while doing something contrary to the stated position. Talk radio is full of it. And I agree that unless certain statements are followed through, they do not amount to much, though perhaps they indicate an intent to try.

However, to the eyes of this moderator - one tasked with monitoring the forums in the guarding of focus and polarity – no one meets your description; no one has vowed to try who has not come through.

(03-04-2012, 01:10 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  But beyond this- every person who participates on this forum at some point AGREED to abide by the guidelines. That's the plain and simple truth. Again- there are many forums without such guidelines.

Agreed. And that ultimately is the basis for termination of ones account. The user agreed to the terms and conditions of participation here, and after repeated attempts to help a member who has deviated to come back in accord with the guidelines fail, the account is nixed. Though in practice we’ve never banned anything but a spambot.

And my mom. We banned her. I mean, what were you doing on here anyway mom?

Quote:This, Tenet Nosce, is something that perks up the moderator consciousness in me. While there is room for interpretation and discussion about the dynamics of the situation and what you intend with this statement, from where I stand, this goes unambiguously against our first and most fundamental guideline. I see this in the certain colors of disrespect. My friend, name-calling is categorically incompatible how people are expected to participate in the forums.

[quote='Tenet Nosce' pid='74812' dateline='1330881048']Well then, I retract my statement and offer my apologies. See? Wasn't that refreshingly simple? Wink No need for a grown man to throw a hissy fit tantrum because he received some stern feedback on his behavior. Now watch as I never refer to others as "clowns" in this forum again. This is how spiritual grown-ups handle conflict.

Yes! That is infinitely easier and I would *love* nothing more than others to follow that example. You trust me. I trust you. You can take the moderator criticism knowing it was well meant, you know I’m not personally attacking you, you know that there was reason for my rebuttal, and you don’t think it’s a conspiracy against user accounts that begin with “Tenet” and end with “Nosce”. I can say it, you can hear it (and vice versa) and we can have a relationship unimpeded by separation, doubt, and mistrust.

Quote:In my humble and fallible opinion, the orientation of your post is quite confused, Tenet Nosce. While speaking to the unity of all things and our intrinsic oneness, your communication is rife with notes of “us vs. them”, with a somewhat derogatory attitude expressed towards “them”. Making wisdom-based perceptions of discernment between things is one thing. In many senses there are “us’s” and “thems”. It becomes incongruent with unity, in my opinion, when it begins to deride the thems as undesirables.

[quote='Tenet Nosce' pid='74812' dateline='1330881048']I see your point, but respectfully, who among us is "qualified" to speak of unity if the prerequisite is unity consciousness?

Oh, I didn’t mean that before we could speak of unity/oneness, we had to be consciously self-realized being existing in a veil-less state of oneness. If that is the prerequisite, I am screwed.

I meant only that your approach seemed to represent two incongruent, conflicting philosophies based upon whatever grouping of neurons in my brain think they know something of unity.

(03-04-2012, 01:10 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  Well... if the shoe fits... as I said in my preface I had no idea what happened or who was involved. So if you, 3DMonkey, and others, perceived that my comments were directed toward him that should tell you something. For future reference, be advised that if I have something to say about a particular person, I will address them directly, and by name.

“I had no idea what happened or who was involved…”

Oh… I have got to call you on this. To not would be pure negligence on my part.

You had, and I quote for dramatic effect, “no idea what happened or who was involved…”?

Tenet Nosce standing before the judge in a courtoom:

“Yes, your honor, I would like to testify in this case.

What’s that? Oh, no, I have no idea who the plaintiff is, or the defendant. Actually for that matter I have no clue what the trial is about! Can you believe that!

But check this out. I have got great information about this trial that you’ll want to hear. Will clear up this *whole mess* --- whatever it is you guys are talking about.”

(03-04-2012, 01:10 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  I actually don't mind direct communication and the occasional "pull your head out of your behind" type comment. I find these to be a quite effective, and sometimes necessary, way of dealing with the more spiritually immature aspects of myself.

Me as well. If you ever see my head up my rear, please notify me immediately. Sometimes it gets stuck up there and I’m not aware of it. : )

(03-04-2012, 12:00 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  Each who has been embroiled in Bring4th’s version of “drama” (which by the world’s standards is comparatively time, mild, and easy to work through), has worked hard to meet other members in the middle. Even one individual who was particularly obstinate, surrendered a great deal of his position in order to walk a higher road of meeting in the open heart. This took great courage.

Each who has directly participated in this difficulty which causes you pain has given their best. Each has worked to restore harmony between members. That is my certain, unwavering opinion. If you would avail yourself of the threads in question to which you refer, you may reach a similar conclusion, and be inspired therein.

(03-05-2012, 12:58 PM)Diana Wrote:  I actually don't think this has happened, which is why the drama continued (continues). I am not trying to stir up more drama. I am just saying that we could all try harder to get along.

Just because Tenet has been (lovingly) reprimanded, does not mean Tenet's words should be disregarded. Although he may have been frustrated and less "loving" in his approach, there was COMMON SENSE and TRUTH in what he conveyed.

Agree completely with two of your main points, Diana. There is absolutely common sense and truth in Tenet’s posting. Also, we could all try harder to get along. Always room for improvement.

My objection to Tenet was how he went about communicating this common sense and truth. Often the “how” is much more important than the “what”.

I think there’s a helpful point I can make here. Tenet Nosce’s original post to this thread could be construed as implicit support for the position of the guidelines and those who enforce them, the moderators. I could have given TN a high five in response to his post and say, “Yeah all you knuckleheads, it’s the guidelines or the streets for ya! Eat it.”

But at the risk of losing the support he graciously gave to the position of the moderator, I challenged his thoughts for reasons given, at the core of which, as with most things here, sits the first guideline.

In short, more shittiness is not a corrective mechanism for shittiness, in my well-worded opinion.

Love all of you,
Gary

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
The following 5 users Like Steppingfeet's post:
Ankh, Observer, Oceania, Ruth, Shemaya
03-07-2012, 08:55 PM,
Thanks Gary, I wanted to say that I appreciate what you wrote above. I have to admit that I was pretty struck by TN's post, and while I was basically in agreement with the content, I was sensitive to the emotion and tone. Not that emotions are bad, it's just sometimes difficult to find the right response.

But it's really great that you are establishing such a respectful and civil tone here on the forums, I just wanted to say.
May all Beings everywhere be happy and free
The following 4 users Like Shemaya's post:
Ankh, Ruth, Steppingfeet, βαθμιαίος
03-08-2012, 02:39 AM,
Why is Tenet's post still being discussed? Wasn't one reprimand enough? Didn't Tenet go out of his way to admit to any language less than honorable (which I have NOT seen in many others)?

I have seen a LOT of posts on these forums which were attacking and angry. It happens. The evolved thing to do is take responsibility. Who hasn't done that? Why not ask yourselves.
03-08-2012, 02:54 AM,
Shemaya, thank you. : )

(03-08-2012, 02:39 AM)Diana Wrote:  Why is Tenet's post still being discussed? Wasn't one reprimand enough? Didn't Tenet go out of his way to admit to any language less than honorable (which I have NOT seen in many others)?

I have seen a LOT of posts on these forums which were attacking and angry. It happens. The evolved thing to do is take responsibility. Who hasn't done that? Why not ask yourselves.

Diana, your questions honestly baffle me. I am confused.

What do you mean "Why is Tenet's post still being discussed?"

Here is the sequence between Tenet Nosce and I:

He addresses the community in this thread.
I reply to him.
He replies to me.
Today I reply to his reply.

It's a conversation. It's sort of what we do here, have conversations. Smile

He could reply to me yet again, and the friendly conversation could continue. If someone sent a memo out saying that his post shan't be discussed further, I didn't receive it. : )

I didn't have the intent of "reprimand" in my reply today, nor did I perceive myself as "reprimanding". I had a good time replying to Tenet's post. I appreciated his response to my initial post to this thread. He was open and kind to me, raised good points, and opened many doors for further conversation. I thanked him for his response and went about replying in a positive, constructive, and lighthearted manner.

Much love, Gary

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
The following 3 users Like Steppingfeet's post:
Ankh, Shemaya, βαθμιαίος
03-08-2012, 03:04 AM,
(03-08-2012, 02:54 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote:  Diana, your questions honestly baffle me. I am confused.

What do you mean "Why is Tenet's post still being discussed?"

Here is the sequence between Tenet Nosce and I:

He addresses the community in this thread.
I reply to him.
He replies to me.
Today I reply to his reply.

It's a conversation. It's sort of what we do here, have conversations. Smile

You did add more criticism the second time. Why keep it going after saying so much the first time?

While I see other things going unchecked.

It's your job, and I know how difficult it must be to juggle everyone and everything.

I just have a weakness for fairness and equality in all things.
03-08-2012, 03:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012, 03:23 AM by Steppingfeet.)
(03-08-2012, 03:04 AM)Diana Wrote:  You did add more criticism the second time. Why keep it going after saying so much the first time?

Hi Diana, so your objection is that I still have critical responses to make to Tenet Nosce?

If that's the case I am sorry, my friend, but I will be unable to please you here. My trajectory with Tenet from the start was of a critical nature, couched in an atmosphere of respect, I hope.

But the second volley has evolved out of and from the first, as all good communication ought to. My second reply is not the equivalent of the first. It grows, moves, and changes. There is more to mine, more to hash out, more to talk over. Some of those points I still disagree with, some of those points I still have a critical eye for.

I feel certain though that we are capable of working it through with love and compassion for the other. If Tenet Nosce disagrees with certain of my critical points, I'm sure he'll let me know. And we will each come to the table of discussion with in-built respect for the other and with a shared desire to have a productive conversation of *mutual* learning. : )

(03-08-2012, 03:04 AM)Diana Wrote:  While I see other things going unchecked.

If there is some other imbalance in the forum you think that I as a moderator am willfully or unintentionally leaving unaddressed, please feel free to drop me a PM, or an email at contact@llresearch.org. Maybe there is something that, from the standpoint of the guidelines, needs checked. Maybe not. Maybe I could explain to you my thinking on whatever matter irks you in a way that you'll understand. Maybe not. Maybe I could better understand you.

But until you avail me the opportunity of knowing what these other unchecked energies are, I am at a loss to serve the situation as you would hope.

(03-08-2012, 03:04 AM)Diana Wrote:  I just have a weakness for fairness and equality in all things.

I strive for the same principles, Diana. You and me being two different sets of consciousness, however, we'll interpret and apply those principles differently. Hopefully however we can work together towards the harmonious forum experience we all want. : )

Time for sleep. Goodnight. : )

The following 3 users Like Steppingfeet's post:
Ankh, Shemaya, βαθμιαίος
03-25-2012, 07:20 PM,
[Image: wpid-423297_345468868839458_244753448911...443_n.jpeg]
The following 6 users Like Tenet Nosce's post:
Bring4th_Plenum, Monica, Observer, Oldern, Patrick, unir 1
05-09-2012, 04:03 PM,
(03-25-2012, 07:20 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  
[Image: wpid-423297_345468868839458_244753448911...443_n.jpeg]

Big Grin
The following 3 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Patrick, Shemaya, unir 1
07-03-2012, 08:50 AM,
I would like to re-iterate Diana's fantastic first post, which summarises my thoughts as well:

(02-22-2012, 01:02 PM)Diana Wrote:  So, in a community such as bring4th, there are guidelines. The guidelines exist not only to maintain the standard set by the intentions of the creators of the site, but help facilitate communication amongst diverse individuals who may otherwise misunderstand each other and react.

and the new guidelines for the Health and Diet subforum are here.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5127
The following 2 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Patrick, Steppingfeet
05-09-2014, 05:52 PM,
I have three requests/suggestions regarding the guidelines;

1) Transparency or a notification when the guidelines are rephrased or adjusted in any way.

2) This guideline; 15) These guidelines are intended to help members participate on the forum with the least possible degree of difficulties. They do not limit the authority of the moderator in any way. This forum is private and participation constitutes tacit acceptance of that authority, including the authority to accept and reject applicants and their posts. While this may seem arbitrary, it is necessary to preserve the character and usefulness of the list so that all may enjoy it.

-An additional guideline in which the process of 'warnings' is described; how and in what way members are notified etc. Because at the moment certain posts/members are adressed without a statement that it indeed entails an official warning. If members can be banned it also deserves a more detailed description of that particular process.

3) This guideline; 13) Depending on the forum and on circumstance, individual posts may be subject to approval by the moderation team. Posts may be rejected without explanation, though we will attempt to provide an adequate reason for the post’s rejection.

-How should this be interpreted? Aside from the obvious spam/disrespect/etc, which is already specifically mentioned in the other guidelines. I mean, what other reasons would there be to delete a post?