May I suggest we employ this device call, Personal Threads!
03-07-2012, 01:05 PM,
May I suggest we employ this device call, Personal Threads!
Now, I imagine some time ago, in a world far far away, a divine entity said "let the strongest souls and the purest lights have their own forum threads"

And it was done.

And it was good.

And from my experience, it would work well to alleviate the tension found on B4th.

The most profilic posters of their own theories and vibrations get their own threads where they get modding rights but they are then asked to move all discussions there not adhering to the general rules. Then, since the person in question, has admin rights on the thread in question they may then organize it as they see fit.

My view on STS-STO is this.

STS's demands for others to apply to their norms is what forces the others to go through evolution.

Let us understand then, that Shin'Ars and others requests for less moderation, and the discord it generates, is meant to offer the following teaching:

"this problem is easy to solve if STO views the STS's demands as a desire that can be used to better ourselves and our appreciation of the other self."

Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2012, 01:27 PM,
RE: May I suggest we employ this device call, Personal Threads!
(03-07-2012, 01:05 PM)Cyan Wrote:  Now, I imagine some time ago, in a world far far away, a divine entity said "let the strongest souls and the purest lights have their own forum threads"

And it was done.

And it was good.

And from my experience, it would work well to alleviate the tension found on B4th.

The most profilic posters of their own theories and vibrations get their own threads where they get modding rights but they are then asked to move all discussions there not adhering to the general rules. Then, since the person in question, has admin rights on the thread in question they may then organize it as they see fit.

STS's demands for others to apply to their norms is what forces the others to go through evolution.

Let us understand then, that Shin'Ars and others requests for less moderation, and the discord it generates, is meant to offer the following teaching:

"this problem is easy to solve if STO views the STS's demands as a desire that can be used to better ourselves and our appreciation of the other self."

The Aaron/Q’uo Dialogues, Session 10
17 Jan 93

Aaron Wrote:When two beings interact and wish mutually to serve one another, certainly that is codependence. But it is a skillful codependence where each being learns that it is part of a greater whole and honors its interactions with other beings. The right hand does not withhold comfort from the left hand. They know themselves as part of the same body. Yet within the extended earth-plane experience, you view others as separate from self. Then negative codependence arises. We define negative codependence, then, as acts and words based on an illusion of separation. Within that illusion of separation, fear has arisen and also a lack of clarity of the being’s highest purpose.

Each of you has within you places of deep fear. There is some preference not to look into those places, a need to not confront that fear in yourself. When another’s demands upon you allow you escape from that confrontation, a part of you says, “Oh no, incessant demands,” and a part of you says, “Thank you. Thank you for the protection of your demands.”
We are unsure as to our success in realigning your modes of mentation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Tenet Nosce's post:
abstrktion
03-07-2012, 01:34 PM,
(03-07-2012, 01:27 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  
(03-07-2012, 01:05 PM)Cyan Wrote:  Now, I imagine some time ago, in a world far far away, a divine entity said "let the strongest souls and the purest lights have their own forum threads"

And it was done.

And it was good.

The Aaron/Q’uo Dialogues, Session 10
17 Jan 93

Aaron Wrote:When two beings interact and wish mutually to serve one another, certainly that is codependence. But it is a skillful codependence where each being learns that it is part of a greater whole and honors its interactions with other beings. The right hand does not withhold comfort from the left hand. They know themselves as part of the same body. Yet within the extended earth-plane experience, you view others as separate from self. Then negative codependence arises. We define negative codependence, then, as acts and words based on an illusion of separation. Within that illusion of separation, fear has arisen and also a lack of clarity of the being’s highest purpose.

Each of you has within you places of deep fear. There is some preference not to look into those places, a need to not confront that fear in yourself. When another’s demands upon you allow you escape from that confrontation, a part of you says, “Oh no, incessant demands,” and a part of you says, “Thank you. Thank you for the protection of your demands.”

Excellent quote, but may I inquire, what is your preference regarding my proposed solution to the conflict exhibited on these boards as of late?
03-07-2012, 01:44 PM,
Bad idea---it will quickly turn into an Ego-fest. In fact, the Bring4th board already seems to be heading in that direction....which is the main reason I don't post much here anymore.
03-07-2012, 01:55 PM,
(03-07-2012, 01:44 PM)Eddie Wrote:  Bad idea---it will quickly turn into an Ego-fest. In fact, the Bring4th board already seems to be heading in that direction....which is the main reason I don't post much here anymore.

so where do you post these days Eddie?

03-07-2012, 02:19 PM,
(03-07-2012, 01:05 PM)Cyan Wrote:  requests for less moderation, and the discord it generates

According to my fallible perception, those who are requesting less moderation are the same as those who are causing the most discord. Those who contribute little to no discord are rarely the target of moderation.

There is nothing wrong with discord. I intentionally create it myself. In and of itself, discordance is not "STS" behavior. Indeed, musical pieces which possess little to no discordant notes tend to be found uninteresting to the ear.

On the other hand, there can be no such thing as an orchestra if each individual simply played to his or her fancy with disregard for the whole. The wisdom piece comes in knowing when to improvise, and when to stick to the score and when to raise one's pitch above the rest and when to fade back into the background.

The novice player does not yet possess the wisdom to discern the right moments, nor should they be expected to. Rather what is expected is that the novice defer to the wisdom of those more experienced players, and to the direction of the conductor.

When I make discordant or sarcastic comments in this forum, I know exactly what I am doing. I am purposely placing pressure on a focal point of the discussion in the hope/expectation that in amplifying the distortion, the path to harmony may more easily be seen. I am not perfect at this.

Sometimes I go too far. Feelings get hurt. Things get taken the wrong way. In such cases, the moderators have gently directed me to review the forum guidelines. I take no offense at this.

I see your point, and recognize that you are speaking from a place of compassion. I would challenge you to question whether underneath that is really love, or fear. Do you perhaps fear that some members may choose to leave this forum if there is no change to the moderation policy? If so, I submit the possibility that their leaving may open the door to finding a place that is more fitting for their current level of growth and understanding.

I think this quote speaks quite succinctly to this issue, as does the entire session. I would encourage all to take the time to read it in its entirety, but here is the most relevant clip:

The Aaron/Q’uo Dialogues, Session 9
30 Oct 92

Ariel Wrote:Love is a gift, but it also may become a distortion. One must learn how to balance that love with strength, with faith. I have said that the learning of wisdom and compassion on the earth plane has awed us, in a sense. And yet, great care must be taken that wisdom and compassion are not learned before faith and love, but simultaneously or after. Distorted compassion can lead to a distortion of wisdom which does not oppose negativity with love, but rather, feels need to hear it out; and in that way, negativity may play on that compassion and wisdom and manipulate the, as yet, immature faith and love.

Thus I submit if a particular member is found to be in repeated need of moderation, they are precisely who would benefit least from special exceptions or forum zones being created for them. If they like, they are free to create their own forum with whatever rules they choose, or with no rules whatsoever. There are many excellent softwares available for this, and many of them are available for free.

http://www.forummatrix.org/

The following 2 users Like Tenet Nosce's post:
Ruth, Steppingfeet
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM,
Personally, I find it extremely disruptive to this forum when a self-styled guru barges in the virtual door and then starts forcefully trying to "educate the masses". It derails all sorts of threads, causes confusion, and makes it difficult to focus, for me at least. Ironically enough, I usually listen carefully to what these folks say and do try to learn from them.. I just would prefer it be done more harmoniously. I accept that discord and disharmony are very valuable catalysts for growth, but I do have trouble focusing on the content when there is alot of disharmony in its delivery and public reception.

I have seen this scenario play out again and again and again here, usually noisily. Sometimes, they simply leave in frustration that we can't see their light, and other times a beautiful thing happens. The Teacher becomes the Student, learns some humility as well as greater respect and gratitude for others, and then we all suddenly benefit from new understanding that the Teacher/Student shares with us.

Though perplexing that these gurus regularly drop in and make a million threads, this is also very amusing to me, because I have never in my lifetime found such large numbers of extremely evolved, wise, compassionate, and aware beings gathered in one virtual location. I can think of few more absurd places on this planet for a "Teacher" to come in and assume that we are misinformed, don't understand fundamental spiritual concepts, are neophytes, or, worse - are in need of "saving".

In my view, when one is closed off to the very possibility that other-selves may have a different, but no less valid point of view than one's own perspective, then they close themselves off to the very possibility of Learning. Rapid growth stops while a blockage is dealt with. When one attempts only to Teach rather than to Learn/teach by sharing their perspective honestly, without attachment to agreement and with openness to the other's perspective, it simply creates emotional static and discord. At least, this has been my observation here.

So, I feel like simply approaching this forum as a group of spiritual equals and sharing (TEACH/LEARNING) would take care of the problem. Let's all try to learn something along with our teaching and preaching, instead of just teaching. Let's work on the log in our own eyes instead of trying so hard to remove the speck from our Brother/Sister's. If we do that, I suspect we'll be able to better see that speck should help be requested.

That said, I do like your idea. A bit of a personalized, soapbox thread for each person where interested parties could explore the teachings of one of our new gurus in depth. It would solve some of the disagreements for the requests for moderation and also help keep the forum cleaner. Not a bad idea, indeed.

Love to all

The following 5 users Like Pablísimo's post:
Lorna, norral, Oldern, Ruth, Tenet Nosce
03-07-2012, 02:29 PM,
(03-07-2012, 01:55 PM)plenum Wrote:  so where do you post these days Eddie?

In the Akashic record...Big Grin

The following 5 users Like Eddie's post:
Ankh, Bring4th_Plenum, Oldern, Ruth, Tenet Nosce
03-07-2012, 02:40 PM,
Don't we already sort of have our own personal "thread" by virute of the blog option?
Heart Ruth
The following 3 users Like Ruth's post:
Aaron, haqiqu, Tenet Nosce
03-07-2012, 03:02 PM,
With a little more thought given on the matter, if anything I would propose there be tiered privilege levels. People who are new to the forum would be "Limited Members" and have limitations on the number of posts per day, and would only be able to start threads in Treehuggers and their own Wanderer thread.

After a combination of time and some metric such as percentage of "likes" per posts by other members, these restrictions would be removed and they would become a "Regular Member".

Likewise, there could be a "Guest Moderator" tier whereby members have the ability to moderate other members, and maybe have some advanced functions. These could be chosen democratically, and in real-time. For example, in order to have the "Guest Moderator" functions enabled one must possess a certain "approval rating" which is assigned from the Regular Members. Just as with "likes" approval can be given and ungiven so people are free to change their minds as they like. If the "approval rating" of a "Guest Moderator" falls below a certain percent, their moderation privileges are suspended.

But these are just random ideas that popped into my head. This isn't my forum, and I have no problem with the way it works right now. I only offer these if they might be useful.
03-07-2012, 05:15 PM,
(03-07-2012, 03:02 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  With a little more thought given on the matter, if anything I would propose there be tiered privilege levels. People who are new to the forum would be "Limited Members" and have limitations on the number of posts per day, and would only be able to start threads in Treehuggers and their own Wanderer thread.

After a combination of time and some metric such as percentage of "likes" per posts by other members, these restrictions would be removed and they would become a "Regular Member".

Likewise, there could be a "Guest Moderator" tier whereby members have the ability to moderate other members, and maybe have some advanced functions. These could be chosen democratically, and in real-time. For example, in order to have the "Guest Moderator" functions enabled one must possess a certain "approval rating" which is assigned from the Regular Members. Just as with "likes" approval can be given and ungiven so people are free to change their minds as they like. If the "approval rating" of a "Guest Moderator" falls below a certain percent, their moderation privileges are suspended.

But these are just random ideas that popped into my head. This isn't my forum, and I have no problem with the way it works right now. I only offer these if they might be useful.

Point taken, lets not have tiered threads.
03-08-2012, 02:30 PM,
(03-07-2012, 01:44 PM)Eddie Wrote:  Bad idea---it will quickly turn into an Ego-fest. In fact, the Bring4th board already seems to be heading in that direction....which is the main reason I don't post much here anymore.

"ego-fest" makes me laugh. Tell us more Smile

I suppose it's no secret that my view of the world is that it is a big ego-fest of delusional monkeys.
The following 1 user Likes 3DMonkey's post:
Ruth