On Moderation
03-07-2012, 02:50 PM,
On Moderation
What really is happening when we get moderated? What does it really mean? How are we to respond? These may sound like difficult questions, however what if we were to allow for a simple answer? Why not simply apply the Law of One to the situation and see what comes out?

Here is one fallible attempt:

Person A gets moderated by Person B.

Person A now has a simple choice. There is no "right or wrong" to this choice, simply two choices which lead down two paths.

1. Person A can choose to perceive Person B as other.

2. Person A can choose to perceive Person B as self.

If Person A chooses to perceive Person B as other, to which path does this lead? Is it the path of separation? Of illusion?

In my personal experience, when it comes to being moderated I observe with this choice my mind immediately begins a hunt. It wants to frantically scour the forum, looking for evidence of hypocrisy or double-standard. It wants to build its case and take it to the Halls of Justice for trial.

It wants to prove something. But what can it really prove? What does it mean if we prove that this "other" is a hypocrite? What have we won?

The answer is- the Law of One. What we have successfully proven is that this "other" is, in fact, self. They are us. And we are them. Therefore... what then is the real purpose behind all this song and dance, these fits and tantrums? Is it perhaps fear? Is it avoidance?

Why not try the second path? The one which views the other as self. The one which says... "What is this? I see an aspect of myself reaching out to me in order to bring something important to my attention? What could it be?"
We are unsure as to our success in realigning your modes of mentation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 4 users Like Tenet Nosce's post:
Monica, Oldern, Parsons, Ruth
03-07-2012, 04:40 PM,
RE: On Moderation
i think Gary needs to appoint some more mods, he's got his hands full with the bots and the drama.
03-07-2012, 05:22 PM,
Quote: In my personal experience, when it comes to being moderated I observe with this choice my mind immediately begins a hunt. It wants to frantically scour the forum, looking for evidence of hypocrisy or double-standard. It wants to build its case and take it to the Halls of Justice for trial.
That is not the case for me.

It is more like tripping over something. I try to remember so that i do not trip over the same thing again.

I think people get weird thinking they have "rights" or something. Really it is just a "privilege".

When i trip over a crack in the ground i don't try and figure out who to sue. I just try to keep my eyes open better in order to steer around holes, make sure i don't fall into the same hole again.
one who knows not, cares not.
The following 3 users Like BrownEye's post:
Monica, Ruth, Tenet Nosce
03-07-2012, 09:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012, 09:14 PM by Shemaya.)
(03-07-2012, 05:22 PM)Pickle Wrote:  
Quote: In my personal experience, when it comes to being moderated I observe with this choice my mind immediately begins a hunt. It wants to frantically scour the forum, looking for evidence of hypocrisy or double-standard. It wants to build its case and take it to the Halls of Justice for trial.
That is not the case for me.

It is more like tripping over something. I try to remember so that i do not trip over the same thing again.

I think people get weird thinking they have "rights" or something. Really it is just a "privilege".

When i trip over a crack in the ground i don't try and figure out who to sue. I just try to keep my eyes open better in order to steer around holes, make sure i don't fall into the same hole again.

that's a good way, it works for you, but you could also try and figure out how to fix the holes. Better to fix the hole so no one else breaks their ankle when they fall in. Or at least post a sign to help others to be aware of the hole.

Quote:Why not try the second path? The one which views the other as self. The one which says... "What is this? I see an aspect of myself reaching out to me in order to bring something important to my attention? What could it be?"

Great advice....go to the source.

May all Beings everywhere be happy and free
The following 1 user Likes Shemaya's post:
Bring4th_Austin
03-08-2012, 03:16 AM,
(03-07-2012, 09:11 PM)Shemaya Wrote:  that's a good way, it works for you, but you could also try and figure out how to fix the holes. Better to fix the hole so no one else breaks their ankle when they fall in. Or at least post a sign to help others to be aware of the hole.

I don't carry a shovel around, or extra signs for that matter LoL!

Why is it so hard for folks to take responsibility for themselves? I don't expect someone to take care of the problem for me. If I consider it a problem I detour around it. Of course I may not have learned that there are pitfalls in existence, and needed to trip over one in order to gain wisdom that the earth is not flat and smooth, and that I actually need to look where I place my feet.Big Grin

Besides, if a person sleepwalks into a hole, I kind of doubt a sign would have slowed them down.

one who knows not, cares not.
The following 1 user Likes BrownEye's post:
Monica
03-08-2012, 07:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012, 07:53 AM by Shemaya.)
Probably because the problem is more complex than just only people taking responsibility for themselves. I agree that taking responsibility is a big part of it, but that's not the only issue.

If there are holes in the road, is it good to leave them there? Of course that's an option, everyone can just avoid the hole. But I still think it's better to fix the hole.

True that, someone who is sleepwalking is going to fall into the hole sign or not....in the same way someone sleeping may not take responsibility for themselves because they are not capable, after all they are sleeping. All the more reason we should strive to fix they holes.
May all Beings everywhere be happy and free
03-08-2012, 09:38 AM,
* Ruth raises her hand timidly

Have you guys ever been moderated?

I haven't, so for me this is a hypothetical. I think I'd review my stuff and try to figure out how I failed to follow "the rules". Don't really know how I'd feel about it because I think it would depend on how it happened.

But mostly I start by looking inward, especially if I am feeling offended or attacked or anything negative like that. It is, after all, MY feeling I am dealing with.

Peace and giggles!
Heart Ruth
The following 5 users Like Ruth's post:
Ankh, Monica, norral, Shemaya, Steppingfeet
03-08-2012, 01:26 PM,
(03-07-2012, 02:50 PM)Tenet Nosce Wrote:  What really is happening when we get moderated? What does it really mean? How are we to respond? These may sound like difficult questions, however what if we were to allow for a simple answer? Why not simply apply the Law of One to the situation and see what comes out?

Here is one fallible attempt:

Person A gets moderated by Person B.

Person A now has a simple choice. There is no "right or wrong" to this choice, simply two choices which lead down two paths.

1. Person A can choose to perceive Person B as other.

2. Person A can choose to perceive Person B as self.

If Person A chooses to perceive Person B as other, to which path does this lead? Is it the path of separation? Of illusion?

In my personal experience, when it comes to being moderated I observe with this choice my mind immediately begins a hunt. It wants to frantically scour the forum, looking for evidence of hypocrisy or double-standard. It wants to build its case and take it to the Halls of Justice for trial.

It wants to prove something. But what can it really prove? What does it mean if we prove that this "other" is a hypocrite? What have we won?

The answer is- the Law of One. What we have successfully proven is that this "other" is, in fact, self. They are us. And we are them. Therefore... what then is the real purpose behind all this song and dance, these fits and tantrums? Is it perhaps fear? Is it avoidance?

Why not try the second path? The one which views the other as self. The one which says... "What is this? I see an aspect of myself reaching out to me in order to bring something important to my attention? What could it be?"

This becomes a circle. So, why not view the other-who-perceives-the-other as self? If we had, then we wouldn't see the other an other but as self, and the above quoted post would never be conceived to begin with. If I had, I wouldn't be writing this. If you had, you wouldn't have written this.
(03-08-2012, 03:16 AM)Pickle Wrote:  
(03-07-2012, 09:11 PM)Shemaya Wrote:  that's a good way, it works for you, but you could also try and figure out how to fix the holes. Better to fix the hole so no one else breaks their ankle when they fall in. Or at least post a sign to help others to be aware of the hole.

I don't carry a shovel around, or extra signs for that matter LoL!

Why is it so hard for folks to take responsibility for themselves? I don't expect someone to take care of the problem for me. If I consider it a problem I detour around it. Of course I may not have learned that there are pitfalls in existence, and needed to trip over one in order to gain wisdom that the earth is not flat and smooth, and that I actually need to look where I place my feet.Big Grin

Besides, if a person sleepwalks into a hole, I kind of doubt a sign would have slowed them down.

That smooth surface is an illusion, and if the cracks aren't addressed, the illusion becomes delusion leading to a moment of clarity within the illusion when we realize there is nothing but cracks all around.
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 01:42 PM,
(03-08-2012, 09:38 AM)Ruth Wrote:  Have you guys ever been moderated?

Yes, once. It was pretty funny situation when looking back, but what happened is that Confused and I had a discussion in some thread; I don't remember which one. And I said something, that sounded as I was saying something negative to Confused. Monica, not knowing that Confused and I knew each other, moderated that post, and took what I wrote away. Confused started to joke about it, like: "Ankh, what nasty stuff did you write to me that you had to be moderated?". I was "haha, but seriously, what *did* I write?" So Monica and I exchanged couple of PMs where I explained my view, then she explained hers, and since it was some little discussion about why I got moderated she put it, after my consent, in that thread so everybody could read it. I don't remember everything exactly, but that was a misunderstanding that got resolved by an open and honest communication, with respect for each other.
The following 4 users Like Ankh's post:
Monica, Ruth, Shemaya, Steppingfeet
03-08-2012, 01:50 PM,
(03-08-2012, 01:42 PM)Ankh Wrote:  is that Confused and I had a discussion in some thread; I don't remember which one. And I said something, that sounded as I was saying something negative to Confused. Monica, not knowing that Confused and I knew each other, moderated that post, and took what I wrote away. Confused

I get Confused talking to Confused.
The following 1 user Likes Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Steppingfeet
03-08-2012, 01:55 PM,
(03-08-2012, 01:50 PM)plenum Wrote:  
(03-08-2012, 01:42 PM)Ankh Wrote:  is that Confused and I had a discussion in some thread; I don't remember which one. And I said something, that sounded as I was saying something negative to Confused. Monica, not knowing that Confused and I knew each other, moderated that post, and took what I wrote away. Confused

I get Confused talking to Confused.

Welcome to third density. Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Ankh's post:
Ruth, Steppingfeet