GUIDELINES: HEALTH & DIET
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2012, 01:21 PM by Aaron.)
GUIDELINES: HEALTH & DIET
The guidelines for the Health & Diet sub-forum are relatively straightforward and simple. In addition to the main Bring4th Guidelines, which govern the fair use of every corner of the forums, the Health & Diet Guidelines revolve around two instructions:
  • 1. Members are not permitted to diagnosis and/or treat others members.

2. Members are to be mindful regarding claiming that any drug, remedy, activity, mode of thought, etc., “cures” a particular physical/mental/emotional/spiritual challenge.

Any such claims that some remedy or substance cures a particular illness or disease or limitation should not be taken as statement of fact prior to individual research. Please refrain from making such claims yourself as well. Rather, refer to statistics, possibilities, and personal experience rather than certainties that such and such substance or activity will “cure” something. All diagnoses must be self diagnoses.

There is more grey area than clearly defined boundaries regarding this guideline; thus much room for confusion. To help clarify, we will illustrate through the following example:

Bring4th member JoeSTO:

Ever since taking meat out of my diet, I have been feeling very weak and shaky.

Unacceptable Responses:
  • A: “That is a detox reaction. Stick with the program for three months and you will feel better.”

B: “You're ungrounded. You should meditate under a tree for one hour every day to reconnect with Mother Earth.”

C: “You're blood type O, which means you need to eat meat. Go eat some bacon.”

In our most humble opinions A, B, and C are all offering some form of diagnosis and treatment. The "diagnosis" is in saying, "You have this." and the treatment is in saying "Go do this." With all due respect to the past, present, and future well-meaning intent of members toward one another, we believe that this type of conversation is not only potentially harmful, but also perhaps disrespectful. Despite the fact that one or more of the above answers could be true for JoeSTO in the example above, again all diagnoses must be self-diagnoses.

It may disrespectful and/or harmful to JoeSTO because offering a diagnosis and treatment exposes him/her to a much greater risk from a health perspective, should the symptoms in reality be due to some more severe form of illness and not in any way connected to diet.

Secondly, it is disrespectful to trained health practitioners (of all shapes and sizes) who have devoted considerable time and resources to the study of health and disease (however limited that study may have been) and who have passed some form of peer review or vetting process (however biased) and have acquired some measure of social status (however illusory) that recognizes one as a health practitioner in order to serve others in this particular regard.

Thirdly, it is unhelpful to represent a false image of authority in contrast to authenticity.

Potentially helpful responses that do not diagnose or treat while essentially conveying the same information:
  • A: In my own experience, I had those symptoms in relation to a detox reaction. I stuck with the program and eventually felt better. However you may wish to go see a health professional.

B: I heard somewhere on the web that those symptoms may be more energetic than physical. You could try spending some time in nature and see of that helps. But if not, you may wish to go see a health professional.

C: According to the "Blood Type Diet" certain types of people need to eat meat. However that was just one dude's opinion from fifteen years ago. You may wish to go see a health professional.

Above all, please keep in mind that, while you may have some insight and genuinely helpful information to offer another member, you cannot diagnose that which troubles them over an internet forum, and that healing always comes from within.

Some relevant Ra Material quotes on the subject of healing:

66.10 Questioner: What is the difference, philosophically, between a mind/body/spirit complex healing itself through mental, shall I say, configuration and it being healed by an healer?

Ra: I am Ra. You have a misconception. The healer does not heal. The crystallized healer is a channel for intelligent energy which offers an opportunity to an entity that it might heal itself.

In no case is there an other description of healing. Therefore, there is no difference as long as the healer never approaches one whose request for aid has not come to it previously. This is also true of the more conventional healers of your culture and if these healers could but fully realize that they are responsible only for offering the opportunity of healing, and not for the healing, many of these entities would feel an enormous load of misconceived responsibility fall from them.

66.11 Questioner: Then in seeking healing a mind/body/spirit complex would then be seeking in some cases a source of gathered and focused light energy. This source could be another mind/body/spirit complex sufficiently crystallized for this purpose or the pyramid shape, or possibly something else. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. These are some of the ways an entity may seek healing. Yes.

66.12 Questioner: Could you tell me the other ways an entity could seek healing?

Ra: I am Ra. Perhaps the greatest healer is within the self and may be tapped with continued meditation as we have suggested.

The many forms of healing available to your peoples … each have virtue and may be deemed appropriate by any seeker who wishes to alter the physical complex distortions or some connection between the various portions of the mind/body/spirit complex thereby.
Find all posts by this user