Support request on blog feature
11-01-2009, 10:08 AM,
Support request on blog feature
Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask for technical support with the blog feature.

I started a blog and tried to make a first post that is the same as the blog description. The post showed up twice. When I click on "delete this post" for either post, something flashes briefly - looks like it might be a script/sql error - then I get a message that I must log in (http://www.bring4th.org/admin/timeout.php). When I click the "log in" link, I'm redirected to the forum home page and continue to be logged in. I've tried to use the Firefox history feature to look at the error message, but that page never shows up except to flash by for a moment after I click Delete.

I have a copy on my machine of the text I used. If it is simplest to delete the blog so I can start over from scratch, I could do that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2009, 10:27 PM,
RE: Support request on blog feature
The error continues for me.

If others are encountering blog error messages, could you post them here so troubleshooting can go more smoothly?

If others are not encountering a similar error, could I ask a moderator to delete my blog so I could start over, send me a PM and then delete this thread?
11-10-2009, 02:22 AM,
I've notified Steve, our Tech guy...
11-10-2009, 02:52 AM,
Thanks, Monica.
11-10-2009, 10:59 AM,
Questioner, I can't repeat your problem, and no one else has reported this (or is posting double).

Do you happen to have Cookies turned off on your browser?
Have you tried using another browser besides Firefox?

Once you answer these questions, I can look into it a bit further.

Thanks,
Steve

(11-01-2009, 10:08 AM)Questioner Wrote:  Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask for technical support with the blog feature.

I started a blog and tried to make a first post that is the same as the blog description. The post showed up twice. When I click on "delete this post" for either post, something flashes briefly - looks like it might be a script/sql error - then I get a message that I must log in (http://www.bring4th.org/admin/timeout.php). When I click the "log in" link, I'm redirected to the forum home page and continue to be logged in. I've tried to use the Firefox history feature to look at the error message, but that page never shows up except to flash by for a moment after I click Delete.

I have a copy on my machine of the text I used. If it is simplest to delete the blog so I can start over from scratch, I could do that.
11-10-2009, 04:53 PM,
Thanks Steve, I'm glad to know that nobody else has had this trouble.

Could you simply delete my blog entirely - I don't see a way I can do that - and I'll start over from scratch?
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM,
Sure, we can try that route! Again, I'm sorry that you're having this problem... I'll go remove it now.

Thanks,
Steve

(11-10-2009, 04:53 PM)Questioner Wrote:  Thanks Steve, I'm glad to know that nobody else has had this trouble.

Could you simply delete my blog entirely - I don't see a way I can do that - and I'll start over from scratch?