Attention moderators:
11-17-2012, 02:37 PM,
Attention moderators:
The Bring4th board is having a VBR code problem; everytime I try to insert HTML code into a post (i.e., Bold, Italic, etc), instead of the proper code, what is inserted is "[undefined=undefined][/undefined]". As it happens, I know enough HTML to correct these manually, but that has become tedious. Please fix.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Eddie's post:
Confused
11-17-2012, 03:09 PM,
RE: Attention moderators:
why don't you use BBCode?
11-17-2012, 03:13 PM,
Interestingly, after a year or so, they did fix the problem with keeping the reply context after logging in.
11-17-2012, 03:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2012, 03:29 PM by Bring4th_Austin.)
Hey Eddie, as far as I am aware HTML code is disabled for posting. HTML becomes problematic in forum platforms like this because if someone fails to close a tag, it has a chance to mess up the entire page.

BBCode works similarly, as Oceania suggested. As far as font styles go it is pretty similar, just with [ ] brackets instead of < > brackets. For anything you are unsure of, using the hot buttons can seem tedious for coders I know, but they are your best bet.

Either way, I'll shoot Steve a message and see if he should look into this.
11-17-2012, 03:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2012, 03:32 PM by zenmaster.)
It's a problem related to the browser. Works with i.e., but not with firefox.
The following 1 user Likes zenmaster's post:
Confused
11-17-2012, 03:44 PM,
(11-17-2012, 03:19 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote:  Hey Eddie, as far as I am aware HTML code is disabled for posting. HTML becomes problematic in forum platforms like this because if someone fails to close a tag, it has a chance to mess up the entire page.

BBCode works similarly, as Oceania suggested. As far as font styles go it is pretty similar, just with [ ] brackets instead of < > brackets. For anything you are unsure of, using the hot buttons can seem tedious for coders I know, but they are your best bet.

Either way, I'll shoot Steve a message and see if he should look into this.

THAT'S JUST THE POINT. THE "HOT BUTTONS" DON'T WORK. WHEN I USE A HOT BUTTON I GET "UNDEFINED=UNDEFINED".

That's what I was trying to say. I didn't know there was any difference between VBR and BBC.
11-17-2012, 04:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2012, 04:05 PM by Bring4th_Austin.)
Oh, I'm sorry, misunderstanding...I'm passing it along.

Thanks zenmaster for the troubleshooting.
11-17-2012, 04:40 PM,
(11-17-2012, 02:37 PM)Eddie Wrote:  The Bring4th board is having a VBR code problem; everytime I try to insert HTML code into a post (i.e., Bold, Italic, etc), instead of the proper code, what is inserted is "[undefined=undefined][/undefined]". As it happens, I know enough HTML to correct these manually, but that has become tedious. Please fix.

Ha, thank god, finally it has been brought up. I am facing it, too. Since I thought it was only probably me, I left it at that.

Thanks, Eddie.
The following 1 user Likes Confused's post:
jacrob
11-19-2012, 01:23 PM,
Firefox Issue
Hey guys,

I've just validated the same problem with my Firefox on the Mac, as well.

So here's the deal. The makers of Firefox changed the way that they work with JavaScript. Therefore, while the forum interface seems broken, but it's actually the browser.

The makers of this forum have figured out a workaround to get this problem resolved:

Quote:[ undefined=undefined] editor issues with Firefox 16.1

Hi,

Due to a change in Firefox 16.1, when using the editor to insert MyCode you might encounter an issue where the tags are shown as [undefined=undefined][/undefined]. This has been fixed in MyBB 1.6.9, but until we release it we have provided a patch for you to apply to your own boards.

See here for more information: http://community.mybb.com/thread-127322-...#pid922533

Thanks for reading.

Nathan Malcolm
MyBB Development Team

So within the next few hours I will apply the patch and see if it works. I'll report the results here.

Thanks for your patience!
Steve
The following 1 user Likes Bring4th_Steve's post:
Parsons
11-19-2012, 01:45 PM,
Hot buttons may be fixed. Please test.
Ok, everyone, it appears fixed now. Please let me know if you have any more problems with the hot buttons.

Thank you to Eddie for creating the thread leading to this issue getting resolved. I'm just glad that there was a fix readily available!

Take care, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
With love,
Steve
The following 3 users Like Bring4th_Steve's post:
Parsons, Patrick, zenmaster
11-19-2012, 05:49 PM,
Testing ... 1...2...3

Seems to be working fine. Smile