Constant Internal Server Errors on B4
05-10-2013, 08:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013, 08:18 AM by Horuseus.)
Constant Internal Server Errors on B4
Not sure where to post this (Mods please move as appropriate) however I've noticed a steady increase in Internal Server errors. Seems to be 403 and 501 error primarily. Seems to be random.

Using Chrome Version 28.0.1500.5 dev-m. Also occurring in IE10 and ff.

Got it now again and upon submitting form (Bless Chromes form state save feature!);

Quote:Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@bring4th.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at http://www.bring4th.org Port 80

Load times have been less than optimal as of late as well.

Took about 10 goes before the thread would submit. Got there in the end.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Horuseus's post:
Ankh
05-10-2013, 08:22 AM,
RE: Constant Internal Server Errors on B4
I'm getting the same (using Firefox).
The following 1 user Likes Eddie's post:
Ankh
05-10-2013, 01:24 PM,
The internal errors are specifically related to the web host. Your browsers are completely fine, and will not cause Internal 500 errors. 500 errors mean the server went down. It could be that our web host applied a security patch, or that someone else on the shared server created a site that took down the server for the rest of us.

We don't own our own servers because it is too cost prohibitive at this time. The most economical way to host Bring4th is to used shared services, but unfortunately, from time to time we will run up against these server hiccups.

If the pattern continues, which I am also watching along with you all, then we may begin considering moving to a virtual private server (VPS) where we have a little more autonomy over the server, and will not be affected by the actions of our "neighbors". :-)

Thanks for your patience on this issue, nonetheless. Thankfully, the outages are very short-lived when they do occur.

Steve
The following 3 users Like Bring4th_Steve's post:
Ankh, Horuseus, Parsons
05-11-2013, 11:50 AM,
I get this problem a lot, but I use IE on the other hand. So not sure, if that is what's causing these problems so frequently.

Anyways, I learned to copy and save messages before posting them, so that they don't disappear due to this problem.
05-11-2013, 04:41 PM,
(05-11-2013, 11:50 AM)Ankh Wrote:  I get this problem a lot, but I use IE on the other hand. So not sure, if that is what's causing these problems so frequently.

Anyways, I learned to copy and save messages before posting them, so that they don't disappear due to this problem.

IE? Ankh, we need to time travel you from 2002 to the present day Big Grin

I will digitally transfer you a copy of Chrome v255 when you arrive.

regards,

plenum from the year 2013 Smile
The following 2 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Ankh, Parsons
05-11-2013, 05:41 PM,
On a server with an egregore, particular information would not post. Attempting to post more in depth of same particular info would result in the reboot of my PC, my modem, my phone, at the very moment I hit the submit button.
one who knows not, cares not.
The following 1 user Likes BrownEye's post:
Horuseus
05-13-2013, 02:22 AM,
server seems to be getting overloaded again.

while not timing out like it was before, the response times are quite long on the site at the moment.

it's most likely due to someone else on the shared host hogging too much cpu time.

I dunno if you can report that or not to the admins; and maybe they can scrutinise the logs.

thanks Steve!
05-13-2013, 08:28 AM,
I'm using regular old Firefox and I've never had this problem. Weird.
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2013, 11:20 AM,
Maybe they are hosting an Orion Crusader forum on the same server. Imagine all the kooky hijinks that will ensue! :p
-==-
05-14-2013, 10:19 AM,
Got this earlier: "2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)"
05-14-2013, 01:20 PM,
(05-14-2013, 10:19 AM)Horuseus Wrote:  Got this earlier: "2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)"

Too much sensitive information being shared on B4.
LOL!
05-15-2013, 02:09 AM,
(05-11-2013, 04:41 PM)plenum Wrote:  
(05-11-2013, 11:50 AM)Ankh Wrote:  I get this problem a lot, but I use IE on the other hand. So not sure, if that is what's causing these problems so frequently.

IE? Ankh, we need to time travel you from 2002 to the present day Big Grin

I will digitally transfer you a copy of Chrome v255 when you arrive.

regards,

plenum from the year 2013 Smile

LOL! I'm like an old grandma' in regards to changing stuff of technological nature. These are the dark woods for me, all this computer stuff. Big Grin

But say, if I would change my already-known IE to... what did you said? vC555... Why would it be better than IE when surfing around on the world wide web? :p