Music Forum?
06-12-2013, 09:33 AM,
Music Forum?
So I really feel as if we need some type of a music forum on here. Could we please get a section of the site for music please?

It really seems like it's the missing piece to this puzzle IMO.

Many thanks for any consideration!

Chris
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 3 users Like Daydreamin's post:
Aaron, Monica, Spaced
06-12-2013, 03:28 PM,
RE: Music Forum?
Well I love music so I am behind this idea. Not so sure many other members of B4th would share my taste in music though Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Spaced's post:
Hototo
06-12-2013, 03:36 PM,
Sounds like a good idea. I would be interested in a music forum.
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2013, 04:49 PM,
(06-12-2013, 03:28 PM)Spaced Wrote:  Well I love music so I am behind this idea. Not so sure many other members of B4th would share my taste in music though Big Grin

Maybe. Maybe not. That's not what it's about IMO.

Music is special to say the least as well are lyrics. Am I the only one his whole life who's had the feeling that someone/something is trying to tell me something through lyrics?

What do musicians mean by 'Home?' I also don't know if musicians are even aware of what they do? I know some are like B.o.B. but some I don't know?

Have ever listened to lyrics with, As above, so below in the back of your mind?

The following 1 user Likes Daydreamin's post:
Spaced
06-12-2013, 07:13 PM,
Why not an artistic forum instead?
The following 1 user Likes GentleReckoning's post:
Hototo
06-12-2013, 07:35 PM,
(06-12-2013, 07:13 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote:  Why not an artistic forum instead?

Arts and Crafts of B4.
06-14-2013, 03:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2013, 04:00 AM by Monica.)
Well now that depends...on what kind of music you like! Big Grin
06-14-2013, 04:07 AM,
(06-14-2013, 03:59 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote:  Well now that depends...on what kind of music you like! Big Grin

What about a larger "arts and crafts" section that has a simple "upload img-video-file button" and you need to be a member to receive or send anything but no other restrictions other than global assumed legality at this moment "aka: Moral Righteousness ™".

Then everyone can add stuff there that has their real name in the file names and details to members and their public name (screen name) in the uploader details and then, while the improved security is nice but non consequential the major point is the substantial clarification of portrayed and displayed/"holographed?™" visual representations on the forum for better view of all, and easier to see benefits of going from purely quest to some form of observer with at least account presence. Would perhaps. I feel, change the dynamic of the whole forum in a semi critical way that would correspond with seen and felt signs of the soul.

What is your take on this?
06-14-2013, 10:08 AM,
(06-12-2013, 07:13 PM)GentleReckoning Wrote:  Why not an artistic forum instead?

Why not both?

And it depends on what type of music I like? You see this one of the problems I am fighting. Good music is good music. It could be rock n' roll, rap, country, classical, techno, etc.

Good vibes are.......well, just that...........Good Vibes! Y'all think the Beach Boys make a song about Good Vibrations by coincidence? hahahaha
06-14-2013, 02:03 PM,
(06-14-2013, 10:08 AM)Daydreamin Wrote:  And it depends on what type of music I like? You see this one of the problems I am fighting. Good music is good music. It could be rock n' roll, rap, country, classical, techno, etc.

what kind of music do you reckon Ra likes? I mean, this is a Law of One forum, and we should be respectful of the kind of music they listen to Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Firewind
06-18-2013, 04:26 PM,
So no music forum? And y'all just don't get it do ya? Music is music. Do you have a "Ra Sceince" forum or is it a "Science" forum? Do you have "Healthy Foods" section or "Healthy Foods according to Ra" section?

I say since music IS the Universal language we ought to have a music section.
The following 1 user Likes Daydreamin's post:
Spaced
06-18-2013, 05:05 PM,
The thing is, whatever we add has to be in alignment with the focus and purpose of Bring4th. Is what we're talking about here consonant with the attempt to build a community which strives to live the Law of One?

We already have a music thread (maybe two actually) so a music forum would basically be expanding that thread into its own forum, like we did with the meat thread into the Health and Diet forum.

If the community feels like there's enough musical discussion to flesh out the music sharing thread into its own forum, then I don't foresee any obstacles standing in the way of it manifesting.

I will make sure this gets seen by Gary, Steve, and Austin. Thanks, Daydreamin for the suggestion!

P.S. I just searched for threads with the word "music" in the title and WOW, we have a lot of candidates for this theoretical new forum already!

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/search.php?action=results&sid=46d6398f189a271fb59ba1f7da2b8331&sortby=lastpost&order=desc
"A mountain holds an echo deep inside. That's how I hold your voice."
The following 2 users Like Aaron's post:
Firewind, Jerome
06-18-2013, 09:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013, 10:13 PM by Parsons.)
Daydreamin Wrote:Music is special to say the least as well are lyrics. Am I the only one his whole life who's had the feeling that someone/something is trying to tell me something through lyrics?

No, you certainly are not alone in that. Actually, certain music lyrics were the primary impetus for my initial awakening.

I even considered requesting a new forum section be added for music. I decided against suggesting it because my "songs for wanderers" thread wasn't very popular. The concept of decoding hidden LoO related messages was my obsession for quite a whole though.

Since someone completely independently suggested it now, I think it's a good idea. However, I think it's a better idea to create an Arts section that all media including movies, Tv shows, fictional books, music, *video games, *poetry, and literal artwork like painting could all go under.

*Edit
-==-
The following 1 user Likes Parsons's post:
Firewind
06-19-2013, 02:47 AM,
(06-18-2013, 09:39 PM)Parsons Wrote:  Since someone completely independently suggested it now, I think it's a good idea. However, I think it's a better idea to create an Arts section that all media including movies, Tv shows, fictional books, music, *video games, *poetry, and literal artwork like painting could all go under.

*Edit

I think that is a fantastic idea!!

Arts That Inspire, or something like that Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Parsons
06-19-2013, 04:26 PM,
(06-18-2013, 05:05 PM)Bring4th_Aaron Wrote:  The thing is, whatever we add has to be in alignment with the focus and purpose of Bring4th. Is what we're talking about here consonant with the attempt to build a community which strives to live the Law of One?

We already have a music thread (maybe two actually) so a music forum would basically be expanding that thread into its own forum, like we did with the meat thread into the Health and Diet forum.

If the community feels like there's enough musical discussion to flesh out the music sharing thread into its own forum, then I don't foresee any obstacles standing in the way of it manifesting.

I will make sure this gets seen by Gary, Steve, and Austin. Thanks, Daydreamin for the suggestion!

P.S. I just searched for threads with the word "music" in the title and WOW, we have a lot of candidates for this theoretical new forum already!

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/search.php?action=results&sid=46d6398f189a271fb59ba1f7da2b8331&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

Music is the Universal language IMO so let's talk about it!
06-19-2013, 04:58 PM,
(06-19-2013, 04:26 PM)Daydreamin Wrote:  Music is the Universal language IMO so let's talk about it!

so true!

but in the end, everyone knows that JS Bach is the best!! Tongue

thanks for being here Chris. I love your forthright qualities Smile
06-19-2013, 05:07 PM,
POST ROCK - 21st century classical music
06-19-2013, 06:55 PM,
(06-19-2013, 05:07 PM)Rake Wrote:  POST ROCK - 21st century classical music

some would say that Metal is the spiritual successor to the Baroque era.

there is something in that due to the emphasis of virtuosity (instrumental *wow factor*) and the strong rhythmic and harmonic lines.

but yes, there is magic to be found in all music; even Dolly Parton Tongue
07-04-2013, 11:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013, 02:12 AM by Parsons.)
Bump

Is this going to happen? Should someone create a poll thread to see if this is a good idea?
-==-
07-05-2013, 03:44 AM,
(06-14-2013, 03:59 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote:  Well now that depends...on what kind of music you like! Big Grin

METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07-07-2013, 10:48 AM,
(07-04-2013, 11:11 PM)Parsons Wrote:  Bump

Is this going to happen? Should someone create a poll thread to see if this is a good idea?

i think b4th is getting a radical makeover sometime soon ... and the suggestion box will be wide open to the community before the changes are implemented.

the couple of times that Carla has been in chat, she has been very collaborative, and sought the opinions of those present in that space at that time as to possible changes.

despite what some may think, the mods and admins are very keen to cater to the widest possible base, within due reason of course : d

but yeah, from what I hear, a suggestions thread may be coming soon that will be quite open.

plenum
The following 2 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Parsons
07-12-2013, 03:52 PM,
bumpity bump