The LLResearch/Bring4th Unification Project
08-29-2013, 04:01 PM,
RE: The LLResearch/Bring4th Unification Project
This might be a clearer way of expressing my sentiments regarding refining user engagement. I'm not sure about the logistics, just floating a concept.

Take the forums, for example. If I were to begin a thread on "What is STO?" some people engage in a more scholarly way including Ra/Q'uo quotes, others would give opinions not based on the Material, others might go on about some recent experience and tie that in...or not, etc.

On the one hand, this unsorted spontaneous conversation is fine as it is, but on the other hand, those who put a lot of work into their responses may be left uninspired by those who are more casual, or something like this. In any event--and I could well be wrong about this--it seems that the active membership of the forums sorts itself out so that some general group of like-suited communicants survives, but other (maybe more specialized) groups fade away.

So, what I'm suggesting is an overall format that allows the scholarly types to do their work while offering a discrete place for those seeking advice about a current issue in their lives, another spot for the casual chatter and so forth. From the way the forums are set up it seems as though this was originally intended. I'm averring that such a goal could be more successfully achieved.

Frankly, I feel that the fact that the pursuit of deepening serious understanding is not segregated from the more temporal or off-hand dialogue on this site prevents there forming an accessible body of discussion of lasting value. This perceived fact is only heightened by the general turnover of site users where new people are entering and the more experienced often lose interest. That is, they are offered no satisfying means of engagement.
May all beings be happy.
May all beings find peace.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like peregrine's post:
Light of Wisdom, Steppingfeet

Messages In This Thread
RE: The LLResearch/Bring4th Unification Project - peregrine - 08-29-2013, 04:01 PM